FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Subdomain problem

orcaz
I have just been accepted, and I have just gone into my CPanel. However, I know that the subdomain will take some time to activate. However, it has been about 2-3 hrs, but it still doesn't work. My account is at http://orcaz.frihost.net . Can someone tell me how long I need to wait before it gets activated?
dan751
It will take upwards to 36 hours for the DNS to propagate. I waited an entire night and wondered why it hadn't worked yet. So, here's the advice that was given to me:): Have a little more paitence and it will work.Smile
WickedGravity
As dan571 said, you just have to sit back and wait it out for a bit and then everything works like a dream.

If you need to do it right away, you can use the Cpanel at http://www.frihost.com/cpanel/ until your subdomain propegates through the DNS servers.
Bondings
It is working fine for me now. Very Happy
Harrowed
OR if you're a lil desperate add the entries to your HOSTS file...
Otherwise you could set Primary DNS to Frihost's DNS service and secondary to your ISP's one Smile
Daniel15
Quote:

Otherwise you could set Primary DNS to Frihost's DNS service and secondary to your ISP's one

I never though of that.... Although if the FriHost server is going really slowly (or unreachable), then your DNS lookups will lag a lot.