FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

favourite Disney classic movie

PennyLane
What's your favourite Disney classic movie?

Mine surely is The Rescuers! And Mary Poppins Smile
cavey
Does cartoon movies count? Then it must be Cinderella :)
jsymac
Mine has to be the Jungle book

A fanatastic movie
eXon3
Tough question, actually.
When I think about it... I liked pretty much all of Disney's movies.

Hm... I think the best is Tarzan. Really touching story, not really realistic but really drawn beatifully and has a lesson.
Bryan_Bezzle
Yeah they are all pretty good. Lion King has to be the biggest. The best im not sure cause I watched them all when i was young.
Indyan
I am a big fan of Junglebook and Lion King. Both of them are awesome. Even their sequels are pretty good.
Kelcey
Lion King has to be my favorite classic.
McDucque
Aladdin is my personal favorite, I really enjoyed the movie when I was little and could probably still watch it nowadays. The music is entertaining and I remember it all. Oddly enough, Little Mermaid is up there, too. The concept of the movie was mature...ish... and the music was also very good.
arbab
My personal favourite are Alladin, Lionking and Jungle book. Now i am lookng forward to see enchanted it has great story line.Lets see how it will turn up.
Dean_The_Great
Aladdin! All the way! Plus it's one of the few Disney films that actually had good sequels ("Return of Jafar" and "The King of Thieves")

I also really enjoyed the Lion King! I mean, how can you mess with a film with amazing music, based on the story of Hamlet?
Bryan_Bezzle
Yeah you must admit, even though we look back on these films as cartoons..."disney" movies, they were all pretty spectacular with great stories and music scores. I would venture to say thats where I got a lot of my morals and ambition.
Coclus
Junglebook and lioking are definitely the two best disney videos, for boys at least!
intruder_indeed
Mine was 1001 dalmations, but they have made some classics, and to be fair it's very hard to single out just one. So ther you have one hundred and one of them. Laughing
royzzz
Cartoons: The Little Mermaid and Alladin
Not cartoons: hmm let me think about this one ...
royzzz
Cartoons: The Little Mermaid and Alladin
Not cartoons: hmm let me think about this one ...
pudovkin
"Fantasia"!
NinasKatter
Lion king is my favorite
crimson_aria
My favorite Disney movies are The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and The Lion King.
littleladyluck
My favourite Disney movie of all times is The Lion King. I remember that I loved the songs, very beautiful indeed.
hlavco
How old is 'classic'? Because I loved the Lion King, Rescuers Down Under, and Beauty and the Beast, but I think they may be too new. Otherwise I'll have to go with Mary Poppins. A lot of good music came out of that movie.
mattyj
mine would probably be "Pollyanna" starring Hayley Mills

only because i have seen it 1000's of times because its my daughters fav movie, whos name is also Pollyanna Wink
Keran
Lion King or Tarzan, both pretty awesome. However now that I think about them, I can barely remember what they were exactly about ;p
o2o213o2
series Lion King are King of cartoon
deanhills
I am a sucker for all of them. I especially like animated ones. Herbie about the little VW Beetle Volkswagen was really cute. They still make good Walt Disney films after all these years, and the old ones are still as good today as they had been many years ago.
kacsababa
From Disney's cartoons surprisingly it's a newer one (2000), The Emperor's New Groove, it's hilarious. Smile
sana618
Aladdin! and it's sequels Return of Jafar and The King of Thieves. The Beauty and the Beast and its sequel The Enchanted Christmas. all these movies have wonderful music and songs, i just love those songs.
Radar
Yeah, I'm also going to have to go Aladdin. Great story, great characters. Has Robin Williams, who makes most things awesome.

I'll agree that the sequels were good - can't comment to much on Return of Jafar, having only seen it once or twice, but King of Thieves was fantastic - the characters actually develop, which is wonderful.

And I'm also the series that spawned from it - so yes, Aladdin, definitely.
Nutteloos
deanhills wrote:
I am a sucker for all of them. I especially like animated ones. Herbie about the little VW Beetle Volkswagen was really cute. They still make good Walt Disney films after all these years, and the old ones are still as good today as they had been many years ago.

Indeed, can't go wrong with a good ol' (or good new) Disney movie for me. Even most of the recent ones are pretty good.
guissmo
My ultimate favorite is Aladdin. It's fun to have a carpet and a genie and stuff.
And it's not mushy princess-esque and stuff.
Spartan
Gonna have to say Toy Story 1&2. Very Happy
jessicawalker
Oh, I love them all! Peter Pan has always had a special place in my heart, though... Along with The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.
imera
It's so difficult to decide. I have always loved the story of Aladin and Hercules. I like many other real movies to, Mary Poppins is great, and many others to but it's to difficult to decide. It's so sad that the Disney name is used on so many 'bad' movies now, I'm not sure what Walt would say if he saw all these movies today, would he be happy or a bit disappointed?
kerryworkman
I grew up on Disney movies so it is hard to pick my favorite, there are just soooo many good films. I even love alot of the regular cartoons. However if I had to choose this probably is about how it would break down:

Favorite Live Action Film: Swiss Family Robinson or Tron

Favorite Cartoon Movie: Robin Hood or Jungle book

Favorite Cartoon Series: Rescue Rangers or Duck Tales

I know I listed two of each but that is as much as I can narrow it down.
bigt
Mary Poppins and The Jungle Book
bchuminx
My favourite Disney cartoon would be always Aladdin..haha like the crazy whacky Genie, the wonder of Agrabah, and the whole story of Aladdin on a wild adventure getting wishes granted but in the end being himself is what matters most...but I'd like the song Go for a Distance in Hercules and the songs in Pocahontas =)
mgeek
The first Disney movie I saw as a kid was Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. I liked the characterization of the dwarfs. I found out later that because of the length of the movie, some scenes were cut off in the version shown in our country.
evilgeniuself
My favorite Disney movie is The Fox and The Hound, if anyone remembers it...
mgeek
evilgeniuself wrote:
My favorite Disney movie is The Fox and The Hound, if anyone remembers it...

I do remember it. But unlike Snowhite and the Seven Dwarfs, I saw the Fox and the Hound on the Disney Channel.
Mudkipdw
I always liked Aladdin and Peter Pan (the newer ones though are a bit rubbsih it think)! Razz