FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Feedback about the ads ...

Bondings
I just put up some new ads and would like to get some feedback on them. (inappropriate, ...)

I just saw some ads for "Phentermine". I don't know how they got into rotation, but please ignore that one. It's a grey text ad, so I hope it won't be annoying.
meangurl
looks fine for me... it's also a good thing that you have added a link of the TOS etc. on the top... and somehow.. everytime i visit frihost, it seems like it's getting more and more colorful
boringest
yup...looks ok in Opera =)
dionet
No problem, I don΄t have problems with ads... Smile
tidruG
Well, I haven't seen any irritating or wrong ads yet. It seems like it normally is... maybe I just overlook the ads involuntarily.
orno
yeah after a while you get used to not seeing the ads anymore...they're there, but i just overlook them

will pay attention from now on Wink
tidruG
Oh crap. I just saw the "Phentermine" ad. The others seem to be OK, though.
cavalkaf
They are all OK, no annoying ones.....
cnnet
just ok
I believe u can get some feedback from this
menhao
yeah, it is pretty good, hope this feedback make you happy:)
waiteck
As long as they are not irritaing, I am fine with it XD..
sibbahz
They look ok to me but that phentermine one at the top is a bit pointless unless there is a way of making it display other ads. I dont know many people who would click something like that anyway.
gonzo
Sometimes I with NoScript had the same kind of whitelisting as AdBlock+. Most of your ads load though.

Do ad providers have rules against using a competitor's ad service on the same page?
gonzo
Does FH really want ads like this:

Shocked
n0obie4life
gonzo wrote:
Does FH really want ads like this:

Shocked

I think the answer is a yes Razz.
onyx
i think the ads should have the same bg as the bg of the page is where the ads are located
sibbahz
The other host ads arnt really a problem, frihost isnt competing with them in any way from what i can see. They are just providing a free service to people. Who would chose to pay with another provider when frihost is free i dont know, unless maybe its a business.
Dimaod
I am using Mozilla with AdBlock Plus....
I have no ads at all...
In IE and Opera all is working ok too...
Rolling Eyes
tidruG
Dimaod wrote:
I am using Mozilla with AdBlock Plus....
I have no ads at all...
In IE and Opera all is working ok too...
Rolling Eyes

FRIHOST Terms Of Service wrote:
Rules and restrictions

6. The use of regular banner blockers (not pop-up blockers) is forbidden while 'being active' on our forums. Simply deactivate them while browsing our website.

I suggest you find a way of de-activating AdBlock while you surf the site....
althalus
The only scary thing is when they serve ads in swedish.. Wink

Other than that, no problems. Gotten so used to them, I barely pay attention really. Smile

(Ooo isn't that a bad thing though? Razz)
Jack_Hammer
It doesn't really matter about the adds because frihost is doing such a great service.
mohamed
its most reassuring and good as with a source of a revenue, the status of this service will be much more secure.
althalus
Recently when I browse the forum I get that annoying popup in FireFox that tells me a site couldn't be loaded. (I know you can turn it off, but I forgot how).. I'm guessing it's from one of the ads, as it shows up blank.

http://www.ogremound.com/nogood.bmp

Had to save it as a bmp.. Gimp decided to play ball with me, and crashed everytime I tried to save, so I had to use mspaint.. go figure... Rolling Eyes
Jamatu
I get the same error message as althalus it happens totally randomly but it's not very frequent. Anyway back on topic, I don't mind the adds at all, some sites totally over do it and put adds all over the place, you've put only a few adds up but strategically placed them.
Bondings
althalus wrote:
Recently when I browse the forum I get that annoying popup in FireFox that tells me a site couldn't be loaded. (I know you can turn it off, but I forgot how).. I'm guessing it's from one of the ads, as it shows up blank.

http://www.ogremound.com/nogood.bmp

Had to save it as a bmp.. Gimp decided to play ball with me, and crashed everytime I tried to save, so I had to use mspaint.. go figure... Rolling Eyes

That happens when one of the ad networks isn't able to serve an advertisements. Most likely the banner next to the logo wasn't appearing. I can't do anything about it unless I wouldn't use advertisements of course.