FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

pet bird

Bannik
basically i wanted to ask all the pet owners if they know of a flightless bird that can be kept as a pet....like a ****** (rooster) but without the morning wakeup
akshar
how about a duckling?
Bannik
akshar wrote:
how about a duckling?

I need something unique, something new and freaky......and I don't like ducks......
Wolf1918
Bannik wrote:
basically i wanted to ask all the pet owners if they know of a flightless bird that can be kept as a pet....like a ****** (rooster) but without the morning wakeup

News Flash: Chickens can fly. I'm a farmboy, I know. They usually don't, but they can. If they are not confined to a chicken coop or chicken house, they will often roost in trees for safety at night. Ducks also fly, even the fat ones we have over on the lake near my place.

Birds such as Peacocks can also fly. My Uncle had some and they were always roosting on the roof of his house.

The only truely flightless birds I can think of are penguins, ostriches, emus, that kind of thing. Unless you clip their wing feathers, but those feathers grow back so you have to clip them every so often to keep them from being able to fly.
Chad
raine dragon
guinea fowl? they are bigger the roosters.. but they look kinda like a cross between a vulture, a quail and a turkey. I'd say they are more out-side birds from what my professor told me though..
jwellsy
A freaky flightless bird would be an emu.
4eignKid
jwellsy wrote:
A freaky flightless bird would be an emu.

hehe nice bird. Very Happy
tijn01
Why would you want I flightless bird as a pet, just to get some attention, do something out of the ordinary. Think of the wellfare of the animal and don;t just get a pet for the kick of it~
loonix
People may or may not agree with doing this but you can take any(?) bird and make it flightless.

Cockatiels are easy to care for and manage and you can easily clip its wings to make it flightless and they are rather musical too.

Regarding flightless birds tho, I'd love to own a penguin.