FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How can I set acces to my folders...

chorazy
How can I set acces to my folders shared in "windows sharing system" (I don't know how it is called in english version of windows)...

I want to get acces some people, and reject to another.

Especially it would be perfect if they could be identificated by their computer's code or something - but also coud be by password.

BUT I don't know how to do it, how to configure and where. HELP
Sunny
You need to post more details like which OS you are using, if using XP Do you have SP2? Any firewalls installed etc?

Anyway One of the easier way to achieve this is by adding the Ip address of the Pc you want to share in trusted zone and block rest, that way only they 'trusted zone' ips will be able to acess shared folders/printers.This could be easily achieved using SP2 firewall too.
chorazy
I've done exactly as you said - but using a NortonFirewall - but I wonder if it's possible in standard Windows' options to give permission to folders by login and password or just for some komputers - not by blocking at firewalls.
kv
If you are using NT/2k/XP, all you need to do is right click, properties, security tab, add/remove people from the access list and set the kind of permissions you want to give (RWX).
bluebird
you can share it by clicking it and share it so that all acess it in that network.

thanks
bluebird
for sharing u can click any folder u want to share and click share to share it.

thanks
chorazy
yes - I know how to share but what if I need not to share one of my folders to all but one person exclude.