FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

anime not so likeable

thefeast
i dont like it. i always read it the wrong way. different books are printed differently. aren't all of them supposed to be printed backwards. do you read from bottom to top or top to bottom. i ask that all the time. people tell me lies and the truth. i got fed up with not knowing how i just turned back around and got on the computer.
rightclickscott
You must be talking about Manga.

Look, noone cares about your opinion on how these books are printed. It's not that hard of a transition. They're printed that way because that's how the language itself is read, and it would be difficult, after translating the text, to flip all of the panels. So, learn to live with it.
Bryan_Bezzle
thefeast wrote:
i dont like it. i always read it the wrong way. different books are printed differently. aren't all of them supposed to be printed backwards. do you read from bottom to top or top to bottom. i ask that all the time. people tell me lies and the truth. i got fed up with not knowing how i just turned back around and got on the computer.

Yeah you're definitely talking about manga which is the Japanese version of comics. I always thought it was interesting to try to read them and I got the concept of it but I just was never into comics that hard. But the story boxes basically read from right to left, right page first then left page. They start at the top right, move left and then down in the same way. Its not too hard.
imera
It's hard to read backwards if you're not easily adjusted.

Till now I have read only Death Note, and I didn't find it that difficult to read backwards, when you don't think about how it should be then it's easy.
RubySlasher
All the things this clown posts makes little to no sense.
Anyways, manga is awesome. If you don't think so, read American comic books. If you don't like reading, then look at the pictures. I don't know, what are you even trying to say?

ddukki
Eh, everyone's entitled to his or her opinion. I personally enjoy Manga, and I'm pretty sure most of the people here do to, but no need to flame this guy, people.
Pikokola
I think you hate it just because it's "hard to read because of the page aren't flipped"

Actually it's better to leave it as it is, since there's funny to see everybody left handed, or somebody say that a character is left handed but he uses right hand.

About your opinion, I think it's not wise to just judge it that way.
blk3
Its hard to read backwards for some people, but its not impossible to read backwards. You just needed some getting used to. and besides I don't think the Japanese complains much how the western world books are read, don't they.
Aiz
Like others said, you are referring to manga, although even so what you said made little sense. "bottom to top"? >.>...

the only difference in the orientation of Japanese manga and American comics is the reading from right to left instead of left to right as others had previously pointed out. Even so, it really is not that hard to get used to, as a matter of fact, after getting used to the Japanese orientation, you'd automatically naturally read in the correct way when you lay your eyes on a Japanese manga. >.>

There shouldn't be a problem even if the editors decided to mirror the images to "Americanize" it, which I hate by the way, since it wastes some time in the beginning to notice that and adjust your reading accordingly. But even so, since from the flow of the story one would be able to tell how to .read it anyway, so it's not that big of a deal. <.<...
Seiji
Its confused me at the beginning but I started reading so much manga that I started to turning regular books backwards for reading out of confusion. Newtype also use to have there magazines backwards...too bad they are no longer. I understand why you don't like it, its just something we aren't accustomed too.
zanzou
thefeast wrote:

The reason some manga are backwards and others are not is that some mangas are "westernized" and they'll flip everything so that people can read left to right. If they leave it as it originally is (which is better, really, + you often get more colour splashes), it reads right to left.
QrafTee
"Real" manga is read right to left, top to bottom. Shonen Jump tries to stay as true as it can with having it that way. More Americanized manga is read left ro right, top to bottom like comics are. I say that's pretty simple to understand.
carlokes
Hi there,

A lot of years ago when I started to watch anime frequently I was not very found of Manga, i used to think what's the point when u can see the animated version. Then i started to read Hajime no Ippo manga and from there many others. Nowadays, I read more manga than i watch anime. I find it pretty addicting and since they aren't that expensive, i tend to buy a lot of them at once Razz

Stay Cool!
QrafTee
carlokes wrote:
Hi there,

A lot of years ago when I started to watch anime frequently I was not very found of Manga, i used to think what's the point when u can see the animated version. Then i started to read Hajime no Ippo manga and from there many others. Nowadays, I read more manga than i watch anime. I find it pretty addicting and since they aren't that expensive, i tend to buy a lot of them at once Razz

Stay Cool!

Yeah, I'd like to get ahold of some Hajime no Ippo manga since I heard the manga goes pass the anime series. Either that or I'd like to see more OVAs.
reiika101
Mangas are not that hard to read, all you have to do is read from right to left. I used to be confused as well at first but then I learned to read it.
roninmedia
You'll eventually get used to it. At this point, I read manga faster in its traditional format than when it's mirrored to fit western standards. Just because it's not initially "user-friendly" isn't a reason to give it up. When you got software or a new computer than doesn't have an intuitive interface, you learn it and change it.

And I think you should be able to look at the manga and tell if it's supposed to be read left to right or right to left depending on what side the binding is on when you look at the cover.
Sundae
Some manga like Meitantei Conan, Death Note and several other manga that includes an analysis SHOULD NOT mirror-printed. It's just confusing that the analysis says about using left hand while the picture shows a right hand, and vice versa.

Though lately I haven't bought any manga, just read them at onemanga.com Razz
Pikokola
Sundae wrote:
Some manga like Meitantei Conan, Death Note and several other manga that includes an analysis SHOULD NOT mirror-printed. It's just confusing that the analysis says about using left hand while the picture shows a right hand, and vice versa.

Though lately I haven't bought any manga, just read them at onemanga.com Razz

They can flip it, as long as put some note. Maybe one "notice page" on the first or second page. I think that's fair enough.
ChocolateEClaire
rightclickscott wrote:
You must be talking about Manga.

Look, noone cares about your opinion on how these books are printed. It's not that hard of a transition. They're printed that way because that's how the language itself is read, and it would be difficult, after translating the text, to flip all of the panels. So, learn to live with it.

Amen. And many manga-ka think their art looks worse when it's flipped. I started reading manga in 3rd grade so it's second nature for me, but I was a bit confused at first.
smsmcfarland
I rarely ever read manga or anime comics but when I do I really only look at the pictures Smile I'm more into visuals than than whats actually going on. I have a whole bunch of comics in my room that I've never "read" but I have seen every page Very Happy
jigoku05
@rightclickscott: Holy mother of NECROING! Dya realize the last post was 2 years ago?