FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is it wrong

truespeed
I have an account with celebdaq (celebdaq is a virtual stock exchange ,trading on the newsability of celebrities) and last night when i heard the news of heath ledgers death,the thought occurred to me that,buying heath ledger shares could prove profitable.

I sold all my Victoria Beckhams as they were trading at a loss and bought 100 grands worth of heath ledgers.

Is it wrong to use the death of a celebrity to up your virtual celebrity stock?
endless
no, that's shopwbizz Razz

it is nto wrong to make profit of something what you don't care about ( but if you care about is another reason underneath)

and if you care, than it is not wrong too, it means that you shopw interest in his/her death by earning cash with his name Razz
hunnyhiteshseth
In this game it is not as you are not directly earning anything from it. But had you done it for some real cash like for example, betted on his death then I think it would have been morally wrong.

But ofcourse, its your personal opinion & it will vary from person to person??

P.S. An idea struck to my mind that why not you create a poll for this, hence you would easily get to know what the majority thinks!!
HDirtwater
An old girlfriend of mine won $200 in a "celebrity death pool" when Frank Sinatra died. A group of people would put in $5 every time a celebrity died and nobody had that celebrity on their "list." A little harsh yes, but it proved lucrative for her.
kerryworkman
truespeed wrote:
I have an account with celebdaq (celebdaq is a virtual stock exchange ,trading on the newsability of celebrities) and last night when i heard the news of heath ledgers death,the thought occurred to me that,buying heath ledger shares could prove profitable.

I sold all my Victoria Beckhams as they were trading at a loss and bought 100 grands worth of heath ledgers.

Is it wrong to use the death of a celebrity to up your virtual celebrity stock?

You are not the only one profiting from his death. Look at all the paparazzi that were outside his apartment just waiting for that million dollar photo of his dead body. Right and wrong are only a matter of perspective and are usually based on one's ideas about morality. In which case it is only wrong if you truly believe it is wrong. I personally don't see anything wrong with it, nothing you are doing caused his death, it is after the fact.
truespeed
Heath Ledger was removed from the trading lists,and also from my portfolio,so my shares for him are gone plus the money i paid for them,so i guess i got my karma.
joncom
not at all !!
nivre
its not wrong at all. its business as usual, the share of him will only go to another person if you have not grab the oppurtunity. Business is business and not your not in showbiz at all. You did not wish for his death just to grab hi share, its mostly oppurnunity.
gr8inferno
yea I see no immoral action, unless your the cause of his death.
coolclay
Quote:
Heath Ledger was removed from the trading lists,and also from my portfolio,so my shares for him are gone plus the money i paid for them,so i guess i got my karma

First how can you have stock in a person, that doesn't make much sense to me? I can't believe would take your fake money like that how lame!
truespeed
coolclay wrote:
Quote:
Heath Ledger was removed from the trading lists,and also from my portfolio,so my shares for him are gone plus the money i paid for them,so i guess i got my karma

First how can you have stock in a person, that doesn't make much sense to me? I can't believe would take your fake money like that how lame!

Its just virtual stock,but unlike the real stock exchange where you buy and sell in produce and companies ,this is a celebrity stock exchange,where their price rises and falls depending on how much they are in the news.
Adeya
That's not bad in my opinion, you were thinking financially. You weren't exploiting anybody or anybody's feelings. You just made a business decision that you thought was smart. I do think it's sad that Heath ledger died, but you did nothing wrong by doing that. Smile
eday2010
It's not wrong. You didn't kill him; he killed himself, albeit accidentally. I personally don't see any problem profiting off the stupidity of others as long as you are not interfering in the lives of the family affected. If you were selling pictures of his dead body that you took as they wheeled him out and such instead of distributing them for free, then there would be a problem. Or, if the family requested that you did neither, and you did it anyway, then it would be wrong and you would be scum.

But shares in a virtual stock market harm no one...except yourself since the site took them away from you. But considering it was play money, there is actually no harm done.