FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

designing software

karthike
Which is the best web designing software?
zaira
i'm a starter when it comes to web designing too and want some knowledge about it. But most often i use notepad and manually enter the codes. My friends say that i'll use dreamweaver...i don't try it yet. but all of them recommend it to me.
mehulved
Stick to a simple text editor at the beginnng, then once you are through with coding you can try WYSIWYG editors and use whatever one you like.
DoctorBeaver
I use Hypertext Builder for pure HTML coding. It has some great features and wizards - AND IT'S FREEWARE!

However, mostly I code in php and I use PHP Designer 2008 for that (also freeware). It has built-in debug & preview capability, both of which I find extremely useful.

I also have Komodo but, although it has powerful project features, I find it rather cumbersome compared to PHP Designer. The other thing I don't like too much about Komodo is that it doesn't seem to have wrap on long lines. They disappear off the edge of the screen. I find that annoying as I tend to put comments at the end of a line of code, rather than before or after it, and they are what I look for when scanning the code for certain bits.