FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHP ASSISTENCE REQUIRED PLEASE

jtayl153
ill tell you what ive done and can you please tell

a)if im doing it right

and

b)what to do now!

OK

I want to learn and make php files for MY WEBSITE

I have been to w3schools and they say i need

-PHP
-MySQL Database
-and Apache Server.

Do i need all these or do use the ones on the frihost control panel??

I have downloaded PHP 5.2.5 for win32 as a zip file. unzipped it to C:\PHP as the php.net says and nothing happens

How do I install it??

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS to PHP installation
rvec
try this to set up a test webserver on your own pc. This way you can test out your php files on http://localhost/ .

It also has mysql but you won't need that till you know a bit of php. Frihost also has all 3.

Now go and learn php Smile
jtayl153
thanks
jtayl153
Ok i have installed wamp thingo

how do i actually create a php file??

can u plz give me step by step instructions to creating, saving and running a php file

I new to php!!
rvec
first of all don't double post. Use the edit buton in the upper right of your posts instead.

Second, create a new folder called test in the www folder of your WAMP installation and in that make a new text-file and call it index.php . In this file put this text:
Code:
<?php
echo "Hello World";
?>

and If you see the text "Hello world" appear on http://localhost/test then you can be sure everything is set up right.

Now you can start some php tutorial or read some php book and put all scripts you make like this in your WAMP www folder. You can of course delete everything in the www folder and start making your own stuff but I'd keep it all in there and just create new folders.

On frihost the public_html folder is the same as the www folder in WAMP. Everything in this folder will be displayed on your main url.

Be sure to test your php files locally first because your account might get suspended if you write the wrong scripts and use them a couple of times on frihost (of course you'll get a warning first).
jtayl153
thanks that works
kewiin
rvec:
WAMP is the best way to start. I think.

On topic
Do your homework read lots of manuals on php.net and be active in forums and some day this will be as easy as building whit lego Very Happy
jtayl153
thanks for the assist, all appears to be working, check it out

www.thejtzone.frihost.net/contact.html

send me a message

via my page
cLean
your site isn't working.. If you need any help hit me up on aim; llamas united or msn;(( l.p.b.t [at] hotmail [dot] com )). I can help you and give you my directory with my current tut's i have in PHP.
They have been pretty helpful for people that is new and starting out, I have really got around to creating many so what i've done was the easiest and simplest parts of php creation. I have some really neat Flash Tuts and scripts for download also. so hit me up and ill give ya access. Razz not open to public yet. I need more bandwitch Very Happy I have some great books for download also. with the CD-ROM archives.

you can also email me if u dont have aim or msn
clean [at] frag-nation [dot] net

P.S. Sorry i don't post it with the @ and . i don't want automated bots scanning the site to pick up on my email and flood my inbox with junk ;P
jtayl153
thanks for the offer

I do have another problem

ive posted a topic in the web hosting support, if you get a chance check it out.

Thanks