FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New point System

zaira
As what i have read, after being hosted, your points will be deducted 1 point each day. If it is greater than 45, lets say 50, it will undergo reset to 45 again. Logically, if your 45 points all you need is to login everday and post some post worthing 1 point to make it reset again to 45. To make a better system in measuring activity, i suggest that we have boundaries...

For

45 points to 70 - reset to 45
70 points ton 95 - reset to 70

and so on.....

in this way, we can measure the real active ones...

i know im a new member here but its a suggestion only. no one will get angry with me right???
Genesiz
The major flaw i can see in your suggestion is that if you points are reset to 70 , if you do not post again they will be reset to 45 the next day, so it hardly seems worth it.

zaira wrote:
Logically, if your 45 points all you need is to login everday and post some post worthing 1 point to make it reset again to 45. To make a better system in measuring activity, i suggest that we have boundaries...

Surely posting 1 post worth 1 point everyday shows you are very active. A lot of people post less than 1 post a day in the long run, so any user who does this is very active. Also, any post worth just 1 point would be considered spam, and so any user continually doing this would probably be banned quite quickly.
rvec
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-74347.html
The way you suggest points will be worth less after you have 45 points. And I don't think a lot of users will get past 70 in one day, so most will just stay at 45 just like they are now.
zaira
thanks a lot for a positive reply...its just also a suggestion..nothng wrong in it...
Blaster
rvec wrote:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-74347.html
The way you suggest points will be worth less after you have 45 points. And I don't think a lot of users will get past 70 in one day, so most will just stay at 45 just like they are now.

I have made it over 100 in a day...

Now i don't know if i get you 100 % on this one but the way i see it is you get 70 points if you hit over 95. So i am thinking that it will start to go down from there. So now every 70 days i only have to come on this forum then. I need to post say 19 good quality topics. And don't say it can't be done. So that would arouse less activity.

And if it is what others are thinking about it being that it will be reset down to 45 the next day. The more active people that are here everyday like i used to be could have it reset to 0 everyday and still be good.
rvec
I think 45 points is enough. I'd suggest bringing the limit down instead of up. Users not active for 45 days seems like a long time to me.
Nameless
rvec wrote:
I think 45 points is enough. I'd suggest bringing the limit down instead of up. Users not active for 45 days seems like a long time to me.

Yeah, but you have to consider people going away on holidays or going through a bad period in the their life might not be able to or want to post for a while. 45 is fine, IMHO.
rvec
Nameless wrote:
rvec wrote:

Yeah, but you have to consider people going away on holidays or going through a bad period in the their life might not be able to or want to post for a while. 45 is fine, IMHO.

Still there aren't that much people going away for over 5 weeks. I think 4 weeks is long enough for most and if you need more you can always go to -10 before something happens. So with 30 points you'll have 40 days and if you need even more you can send a mod/admin a pm and they'll add a note to your account.
ocalhoun
Do you really have a hard time making 2 quality posts worth 4pts each once a week? That's all it takes to maintain an account.
garionw
ocalhoun wrote:
Do you really have a hard time making 2 quality posts worth 4pts each once a week? That's all it takes to maintain an account.

But then you would be a hit-and-run poster.

Each time I come to frihost, I normally check the topics I've posted in, and if there's no activity, I leave. I don't want to start a new topic (or post in a new one) because that would mean I would have to stop by more often to back-up my claims, or to defend my post.