FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Off to NASA at 20

adeydas
What do you think of this: http://adeydas.com/abhi/assam-would-be-engineer-makes-it-to-nasa-at-20/
xalophus
adeydas wrote:
What do you think of this: http://adeydas.com/abhi/assam-would-be-engineer-makes-it-to-nasa-at-20/

I think that's great. Cool

Couldn't help but notice the topic title, though.
A person from any other part of India would have made a different headline - "Indian would be engineer makes it to NASA at 20".
Or if the article is for a more specific audience - "Guy from my college makes it to NASA at 20".

But then again I'm not sure if you really consider Assam to be a part of India. Rolling Eyes
zaira
he's a hell of a genuis. I'm 18 years of age and lets see...he's 20 and he'll be working with one of the glorious organization here on earth. Wish i have brains like him. And my greatest salute to arnab, and more power.
adeydas
xalophus wrote:
adeydas wrote:

I think that's great. Cool

Couldn't help but notice the topic title, though.
A person from any other part of India would have made a different headline - "Indian would be engineer makes it to NASA at 20".
Or if the article is for a more specific audience - "Guy from my college makes it to NASA at 20".

But then again I'm not sure if you really consider Assam to be a part of India. Rolling Eyes

Its nothing like that..... and I assure you that the title is totally harmless. Infact some of my best friends are Assamese and if you want I can re-write this post in the language as well... so chill yaar!!!
nivre
its a great achievement for him..having such an early carrier at the age 20. ALso having such thinkig requires hardwork and talent of course so he just really deserve it... aside from the title that some have been "criticizing", its more on the content of the achievement.
JustCarol
What a genius! Good lucky for him Smile

I'm 20 and I can't imagine myself taking so much responsability and hard work. Of course if it was in something that I really love to do would be different. If this guy really likes what he does, he must be in heaven right now, dreaming about his carreer and being so young among other great people. It must be great too knowing that being so young he's going to start working with some of the best... most of us (ordinary people with ordinary brains Rolling Eyes ) don't imagine such a thing being in early 20's...

Good lucky again, may he be the best Smile
joncom
NASA have those ideas..
adeydas
joncom wrote:
NASA have those ideas..

What ideas?!?
standready
Congratulations to him. He is very talented and will learn even more from the experience.
What I don't like that was stated in the article "Dr Kalam insisted that he must go there." Why? If the young man wishes to go, great. It should be his decision.
adeydas
standready wrote:
Congratulations to him. He is very talented and will learn even more from the experience.
What I don't like that was stated in the article "Dr Kalam insisted that he must go there." Why? If the young man wishes to go, great. It should be his decision.

Actually the situation was different. His parents didn't want him to go abroad for work or studies. Dr. Kalam simply convinced them that it would be a good opportunity for his career.
evilryu530
that is sweet!
achowles
Wow! That's pretty incredible. NASA must have great faith in his potential to accept someone who is still pretty wet behind the ears like that. Some people really do have a... gift? Yeah, let's call it that. In any case, I guess he's one of them. Good luck to him!