FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Video Cards with Vista

Nefrit
I am running Vista Ultimate and my score for my pc was a 2.6 and it is coming from my gaming graphics. I'm looking for a new card to upgrade and I'm confused on the whole bus thing. I wanted to know if a PCIe card fits in a PCI slot, because I think thats what my computer has. I didn't know if it was an upgraded type of card or a whole new type of bus and card.
If PCIe won't work what PCI card is recommended for running on vista my current video card is a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500?

Wink
If you don't have a PCI-E slot you are out of luck. There are only a few PCI video cards out there, and I don't think any of them would help your preformance any. If you want more power from your computer I guess it would be time to buy a new system as you don't have a upgrade path at all. And learn not to buy a computer without a graphic's card slot, Dell is famous for this type of set up.
Gushe
Probably if you run Vista ultimate, you'll have a PCI-e slot..
You can probably check this with a system diagnostic tool. Wink
froginabox
If you know the make and model of your motherboard, you can look up reviews online that will tell you if you have a PCIe slot. There are virtually no new PCI video cards, and only a handful of AGP cards... PCIe is really "where it's at" these days.