FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Stargate!

Herbz3
Stargate is definitely the best show out there...
I dont know why so many people say to me that its not good. Confused
http://www.scifi.com/stargate/
Check that stuff out!
Every friday!
Whoo hoo![/url]
Kiliox
No way!

Anderson was better in Mc Gyver Laughing

Well what about Atlantis?
Harrowed
That last episode of Atlantis - S2 E7 - Instinct (I think it was called) wasn't up the normal standards of their earlier episodes Sad

Apart from that I'm loving it! ^_^
SG1? Pah.. over it.
Alacarde
Herbz3 wrote:

Maybe not the *best* but it's a cool show, and it comes on like three times a day if you have Satellite. I was actually thinking about buying the series, I don't know though...
memsa
The movie was good and the Stargate SG-1 has evolved well as a series.
I have not been hooked by Atlantis, but this may just because they put it on so late.
GW_Addict
Definately the best series on television. I own the first eight seaons (season eight came out as a set on 10/10/2005) and am actively watching season 9.

I really enjoy that they have integrated the main characters (Ben Browder and Claudia Black as Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell and Vala Mal Doran) from FarScape (another favorite).

One thing everyone I know really misses is the lack of Jack O'Neal (Richard Dean Anderson) in Season 9. For me he was always the one who "made" the show.

But to sit down with this series, starting from the original movie and following it all the way through to today is incredible. The plot has grown a thousand times more complex (and better) than the original movie, which in itself was always one of my favorites.

But again, as good as Season 9 is - its just not the same without Jack....
thornhawk
Great to meet some other Stargate lovers!

In Australia they finished Atlantis season one a few months ago, and no word on the second season. Currently, I'm working my way through the old sg1 seasons, and remembering the good ol' times when it was more linear story lines.

What's season nine like (not shown in Aus)? I heard that most of the team has left?
memsa
The original movie was excellent.
I tend to agree that Richard Dean Anderson was better in McGuyver but Stargate SG-1 is still entertaining.
I have not gotten into Atlantis
Jamatu
thornhawk wrote:

In Australia they finished Atlantis season one a few months ago, and no word on the second season. Currently, I'm working my way through the old sg1 seasons, and remembering the good ol' times when it was more linear story lines.

What's season nine like (not shown in Aus)? I heard that most of the team has left?

The new season of SG1 started last night here in the UK, what it seemed like was that all of the original SG1 team were no longer in the team and were doing other things, the new leader of SG1 tries to get them all together but to no avail, then with some twists and turns Tilk(sp?) and daniel start on a mission to the UK ( I won't reveal anymore)

From the pictures of season 9 from http://www.scifi.com/stargate/ it looks as though everyone from the original team are still a part of the series although not all of them may be in SG1.

When it comes to Stargate Atlantis that doesn't come out until the 19th October here ><

Edit: I think Jack will be leaving the show or won't be a major part of it, he's getting on now.
Lord Klorel
Stargate is the greatst serie on television. Specially the Goa'ulds and there voices gives me the creeps.

That is why i building a website around te goa'uld. With the collection i have i can create videofiles for my website and that give somthing more to the site than just some picture and some dry texts.

When the ninth season comes on DVD i will buy that one so that my collection will be completed.

Stargate = Very Happy
Sandcrawler
Its one of the only T.V. shows that i take time out of my day and make sure to wautch...I really like both of them...didn't like SG-1 as much this season cause of all the new people in it...but i loved Roran who they added to Atlantis...he is a good actor and i like his caracter alot...
GW_Addict
thornhawk wrote:

Well, Season 9 of SG-1 and Season 2 of Atlantis are in full-tilt here in the USA, and so far so good. As I mentioned before, you don't have the same "old crew", and the whole "feel" to the show has changed dramtically with Richard Dean Andreson no longer taking an active role (rumor has it he wanted to try his hand at directing more than acting this season.)

I will continue to watch them, and collect them (Season 8 of SG1 is out and Season 1 of Atlantis is out in November) - I will also continue to hope that Richard Dean Anderson decides he is an actor again and, well, acts! :)
anhstar
SG1 is one of the few sci-fiction movie that I still like to watch. Everytime theres a show on television, I will stop everything and get me some snack to enjoy the show.
I love Stargate since day 1.

It's sad that Richard Dean Anderson left the show, his character got something that make you hate but also get to like it after a while.
willem2809
anhstar wrote:
SG1 is one of the few sci-fiction movie that I still like to watch. Everytime theres a show on television, I will stop everything and get me some snack to enjoy the show.
I love Stargate since day 1.

It's sad that Richard Dean Anderson left the show, his character got something that make you hate but also get to like it after a while.

Indeed its one of the best (after starwars offcourse Razz) Atleast not as boring as Startrek Smile
ANGRA
I`m an addict of Stargate!!! I love it! SG-1 and SGA... both are really great for me ... I`m happy to know more people with my freakies tv show preferences

Jaffa kreee!!! Very Happy
miccadoin
Herbz3 wrote:
I dont know why so many people say to me that its not good. Confused
http://www.scifi.com/stargate/
Check that stuff out!
Every friday!
Whoo hoo![/url]

yeah i guess stargate is pretty good
ShinLi
Its not one of the best series ever. But I do really like it, although it isnt on here anymore. I had like a standard monday evening, first stargate, and then star trek. ^^ my scifi night, I do hope they gonna start with Stargate again in the winter period.
GW_Addict
ANGRA wrote:
I`m an addict of Stargate!!! I love it! SG-1 and SGA... both are really great for me ... I`m happy to know more people with my freakies tv show preferences

Jaffa kreee!!! :D

LOL - well, if your tastes are freaky then I must be REALLY freaky - as SG1 is my all-time favorite SCI-FI series - period! I own all eight seasons and use my DVR to record Season nine as it airs. It is by far the best show on television!. As for SGA - I am buying the Season one box set of that next week..... :)))
Grant_Weaver
I love StarGate...actually, I love all of Sci-Fi Friday.

Does anyone watch Conan O'Brien? I love the Pierre Bernard skits, and how he constantly mentions the show...
Dean_The_Great
I find that Stargate, such as many Sci-fi series, becomes difficult to follow if you are just the occasional watcher as the plot tends to shift quickly from problem to problem. And with the Canadian Stations playing different series at different times of day, it's exceptionally difficult to simply "jump in" to the series.

Stargate Atlantis, however, is a series I started watching from the beginning and throughly enjoy every episode, even though it's only season 2, I have hopes that it will be a great, long lasting series.
GW_Addict
Dean_The_Great wrote:
I find that Stargate, such as many Sci-fi series, becomes difficult to follow if you are just the occasional watcher as the plot tends to shift quickly from problem to problem. And with the Canadian Stations playing different series at different times of day, it's exceptionally difficult to simply "jump in" to the series.

Stargate Atlantis, however, is a series I started watching from the beginning and throughly enjoy every episode, even though it's only season 2, I have hopes that it will be a great, long lasting series.

Yes, I could definitely see how the series would be hard to follow trying to pick it up in the middle somewhere. I guess I am just lucky to have been able to watch them all in order. (Though I am holding off in Atlantis so that I can watch them all in order for the sole purpose of avoiding these same confusions..

And Grant_Weaver - no, sorry - I dont watch Conan O'Brien, though it sounds like perhaps I should.... :)
hangnhu
Stargate, are you guys talking about the series? no way, it so boring, why people even watch this? I fell asleep in so many and manage to watch about two all the way through and it still boring.

I love the movie, I can watch it forever, it one of my favourites
Helent
I'm CRAZY about SG-1 and particularly Jack. I have no interest in S9 and may try Atlantis as some point in the future *shrug*

As for RDA being better as MacGyver...NAH! Jack is the MAN!
Lord Klorel
In the posts above i discover that a few persons don't like Stargate. If you don't like it, then don't post in this forum.
The first i saw the movie of stargate i had the idea of *yuck*, but when i saw the series i got more attention.
Recently i saw the first episode of Stargate Atlantis, but i can't give my opinion because i need to see a few episodes before i can say that they are good or bad.

The first idea i have is good, because they were doing some tests with the chair of the ancients and when the soldier took place in the chair and the chair activated directly.

So i hope that the series of atlantis will stay worth to see.
Billwaa
I love the Star Gates series. Both SG-1 and Alantis is amazing! It's cool how SG-1 is more a exploration and Alantis is more of a defending. Alantis have better technology though.

Almost 99.999999999% of my friends said they think StarGate suck, I have no clue why. It's the best series ever created! It's probably because their IQ is too low to understand all those technical terms and biologyical terms. I am taking biology right now, so I understand most of them.
dray101
Stargate rocks!!! Razz Razz Razz

I recon its great and can't see why some people don't like it. Unless they're too slow to keep up there is cool characters, awesome story-lines, good scripting and nice sets. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I haven't seen Alantis (it hasn't showed here yet) and am not sure I want to because I don't want it to ruin my total love for Stargate - the worst thing for a awesome series is a crappy sequel and the main reason I like SG-1 is the characters. I'm afraid too that when the 9th series reaches here that it just wont be the same with Jack.

Oh well I guess that the program 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter did ok after the dad died, hopefully stargate will do fine Laughing
GW_Addict
Stargate is one of the most well planned, well built (in terms of plot) and very alive (in terms of keeping the plot moving and growing) shows that I have EVER watched. It does amaze me that people don't like this series.

Ironically enough some of the people who have claimed not to like it have become very hooked when they start the series from the start, so I am guessing a lot of this hinges on following along with the plot an not tryint to jump into the middle of it.

So, unless you have tried watching them from the beginning, I don't think you can claim the show sucks. (Though I myself think I could watch any one of the shows in any order and enjoy it even without knowing the entire plot.)
aethia
I watch a lot of television. I mean ALOT! And while I have a growing list of my favorite shows (House and Bones being high on it) Stargate has been at the very top for 9 seasons now. I am not so much a fan of the movie (Though I admit that Kurt Russell is freakin' fine).

I love how they add mythology into it... and at the beginning, this show rawked. Towards the end here they have gotten a bit hoaky... this whole "Ori" and "Origin" storyline is stretching it quite a bit but hey.. it wont stop me from watching, thats for sure *L*

And I love Ben Bowder and Claudia Black... have since Farscape (another show I threw w fit about being cancelled). Claduia's character is very funny, much different than Aeryn. A very good change.

I do not.. and I repeat... DO NOT... like that Richard Dean Anderson is not in this season. Sure, he has decided to step back into his producer role and the like... but this show was MADE on him. He adds humor and wit... as well as a bit of stupidity to dumb down Carter and Jackson.

But then again, the show isnt the same without Daniel and Carter as regulars either. Teal'c is fine there or not (though his character suffers now with this Ori thing going on). But Daniel as the humanitarian? I love it.

I am, have been and always will be a Stargate fan. Atlantis I fear will fail, for the basis of its badguys does not hold steam against the original. It will last a few years then fade away or blend back into the original.

But Stargate shall live forever, if even in my posts and on my shelf as I buy every season Smile

Thats all for now!
hangnhu
Billwaa wrote:
I love the Star Gates series. Both SG-1 and Alantis is amazing! It's cool how SG-1 is more a exploration and Alantis is more of a defending. Alantis have better technology though.

Almost 99.999999999% of my friends said they think StarGate suck, I have no clue why. It's the best series ever created! It's probably because their IQ is too low to understand all those technical terms and biologyical terms. I am taking biology right now, so I understand most of them.

well I can't answer for the others, but I sure love to watch sci fi (when i have the time) I think being a sci fi fan's u just gotta understand those 'technological' bits don't you? after all H.G. Well or Jule Verd didn't write those stories for mere fancies and letting people hear jargons I hope.

Sorry Lord Klorel, I didn't realise I can't express negative opinion here.
I thought this forum was open for opinion with ref: to stargate, whether it the movie or the series Wink
Billwaa
They are making a StarGate game too, I am getting that since the TV show is so good
users
The movie was good and the Stargate SG-1 has evolved well as a series.
I have not been hooked by Atlantis, but this may just because they put it on so late.
Hippish
What can I say? really love Stargate, though season 9 isn't as good as the previous ones. It's just not the same without O'neill Sad

Atlantis is really good though
squeakypants
macguiver is off the show to spend time w/ his kids. we know he won't be on for the first half of season 10 either, probably all of it. carter was off for the first few episodes cause she was pregnant. after about 4-5 episodes she comes back though.

first episodes after sweeps came on tonight. sg1 was completely predictable, though it had its moments. atlantis was actually a really awesome episode, probably the best of all time. its ending sucked, but all in all it was a really good episode. mckay on speed was great! i was cracking up...i wish i got it on tape.

sg1 just isn't what it used to be. it just had so much more in the earlier seasons since it was about exploring. then they got really in to the goald storyline, whereas in the early seasons apophis just got in the way sometimes. it was concentrated on the adventure, not the war. and since it was a cold war, not as entertaining Wink still good stuff. but season 9 is just really disappointing. the ori are shit. that's it. they're the most horrible thing to come out of the writer's minds. the ending of today's episode was way to simple and predictable. i won't say what it is, but I would have been much happier if the ori and plague inexplicably disappeared, but after the plague destroyed the world. turn sg1 in to a post-apocolyptic series. not the same show at all, but it would've been much better than this ori crap.

and also, they're turning the wraith in to a mix of the goauld and ori. pretty lame Sad come on writers! think of some new storylines! don't try to get good ratings, cause the majority of people are dumb as shit and only care about the explosions. you can add more explosions, just keep it a good show!
Billwaa
I just watched StarGate SG-1 and Atlantis an hour ago, amazing. I missed that episode all the time and I finally get to see it.
Ryuukei
My friend's a Stargate buff, she has the boxsets of all the seasons out in Australia and can name all the episodes from season one to season six, I believe. She even has a signed photo (given to her by me) of the cast. As a result, I've watched a few episodes of Stargate and I like it, but I'm not a heavy watcher of it. My favourite episode would have to be The Warrior in season five.
As for the MacGuyver/O'Neill argument, Dad and I have been known to debate over that for hours. (Me= O'Neill, him= MacGuyver). Eventually at school, we had to name someone we wanted to meet, so Sarah (the 'Gate buff) said Anderson, so she could settle the matter. It was kinda funny, because she joined in the debate on O'Neill's side too.
Revvion
I really like the show, only i hated season 8 with general O'neill and the replacement for O'neill is a good choice since he can make up the gab left by O'neill. I am also starting to like atlantis more and more as season 2 go's on.