FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Console Wars?

mattyj
Sorry if this is off base or upsets anyone, but whats the point of the console wars?

Seriously?

Why do the PS3 and 360 guys go on the Wii thread, Wii and 360 go on the PS3 etc and bag out the other machines?

Why do you care what SOMEBODY ELSE has bought? Do you work for Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft? or a shareholder in any of the above companies?

I really dont see the point, can anybody shed some light as to why people do this?

Cheers
st-games
It is simple.

Because they bought something (one of the consoles), and now they do not like anything else, because they do not have it.

Just people whose have all three consoles, know what are saying, other people just defend their choice.
But i do not see anything bad in that...
coyote
I'm pretty sure it's just in human nature. We enjoy arguing with each other, and this is one of the easiest things to argue about. There is really no point in it other than for some annoying kid to tell someone they suck for buying a PS3 when they think the Wii is the best. My point here is, XBL ownz Razz Laughing
Pikokola
coyote wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's just in human nature. We enjoy arguing with each other, and this is one of the easiest things to argue about. There is really no point in it other than for some annoying kid to tell someone they suck for buying a PS3 when they think the Wii is the best. My point here is, XBL ownz Razz Laughing

agree. It's just like, when you're a citizen of a country outside Italy, and then AC Milan plays against your country official national football organization, and then, even tough you know that your country is suck at football, you maybe still cheers for your country *_*

It's just a matter of ego I think... Just to prove who's "right" between me and you when I bought wii and you bough ps3.
coyote
hmm...I don't remember exactly what this said, but somewhere I heard a persons ego is their ultimate demise. An oversized ego can get'cha killed.
mark1230
well i am starting a new blog on mobile games and i want to knwo more about them are they royalty free or what
corrupt
On any given day my chosen console would have to be a COMPUTER.
GeoS
corrupt wrote:

**APPLAUSE** **APPLAUSE**
Simple fact is, XBL is about ten years behind anything on the PC conceptually.

I just find fanboys annoying. Out of my previous Sony fanboyism, I now hate the PS3 for being so dissappointingly badly executed, while owning a 360 and Wii. I don't fanboy, I just hate fanboys.

Ehehe.
eday2010
corrupt wrote:

that's a platform, not a console.

I have a Wii, but I don't go touting how superior it is. I know its not, but it's fun as hell, and that's all that matters. I read these gay fanboys go on and on about ps3, most of them probably 12 or so, thinking the only thing that makes a console "the best" is its theoretical abilities on paper. Plus they are stating things about the console that don't boost the enjoyment of the games. Bluetooth? Who cares? Wii has that, and it doesn't affect how fun a game is. 360 fanboys are just as bad, as are the Wii ones. I love the Wii, but there are lots of little things that could have been better.

Sometimes it's just fun to put those idiot fanboys in their place.
Pikokola
eday2010 wrote:

Yeah... It's fun like watching kindergartens blame each others when somebody spill out their milk.
mattyj
eday2010 wrote:
corrupt wrote:

that's a platform, not a console.

I have a Wii, but I don't go touting how superior it is. I know its not, but it's fun as hell, and that's all that matters. I read these gay fanboys go on and on about ps3, most of them probably 12 or so, thinking the only thing that makes a console "the best" is its theoretical abilities on paper. Plus they are stating things about the console that don't boost the enjoyment of the games. Bluetooth? Who cares? Wii has that, and it doesn't affect how fun a game is. 360 fanboys are just as bad, as are the Wii ones. I love the Wii, but there are lots of little things that could have been better.

my feelings exactly..."FUN FACTOR" is the most important thing...and deciding which platform is the most fun is a personal thing i guess
Yantaal
haha, im definatley a Nintendo fan bo. but i dont preach, i tried the 360, it bored me and i am now trying to sell it. i wont even look at a PS3 and i dont think i need to go into reasons. but its like all things, people defend things they like. you just get silly tossers who go over bored.
eday2010
If I were to get a second consoles, it would be the 360. Xbox Live Arcade is very intruging to me Smile
QrafTee
mattyj wrote:
Sorry if this is off base or upsets anyone, but whats the point of the console wars?

Seriously?

Why do the PS3 and 360 guys go on the Wii thread, Wii and 360 go on the PS3 etc and bag out the other machines?

Why do you care what SOMEBODY ELSE has bought? Do you work for Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft? or a shareholder in any of the above companies?

I really dont see the point, can anybody shed some light as to why people do this?

Cheers

I just bought a Wii (Yay?), I still like the PS3, but I still hate the Xbox 360. Wait, wait, wait... no, it has good games, but I hate pay to play policies... which is what Xbox Live is (and **** Games of Windows Live, we already get that free and why would I want to pay Microsoft to play with whiney 360 players who spam their mics like a little *****?). PC is the best, and I hope to own a PS3 when it drops down to $299.
Patriot Players
mattyj wrote:

People want to feel better about their own choice by belittling someone elses. most likely a human nature sort of a deal
Dimx2
Patriot Players wrote:
mattyj wrote:

People want to feel better about their own choice by belittling someone elses. most likely a human nature sort of a deal
totaly i aggree i have both ps3 and 360 and i could say i enjoy both. It doesnt' matter which has sold more or which it gives some more fps or triangles Smile
Yantaal
check out www.nexgenwars.com

keeps check of how much ass the wii is kicking Razz