FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Salam to Madame Tussauds

asim
The latest tinsel in the town is that Salman Khan’s wax figure has been unveiled in the famous Madame Tussauds London, and he will be 4 Bollywood star to be placed in the museum after Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai and Shahrukh Khan. Salman Khan beat nine other Indian megastar - including Madhuri Dixit, Hrithik Roshan, Rani Mukerji, Karan Johar, Kajol, Lata Mangeshkar, Abhishek Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra and John Abraham to win a place at the world famous waxworks museum after a public poll conducted last summer.

There were rumours in the town that, Salman has said “No” to Madame Tussauds as they already had Aishwarya Rai’s wax figure there, and I also read an article that mentioned the same thing. Well “Better late then Never” I always wished that he be placed in the Madame Tussauds … and so finally he has been. What do you think about this? Whom you think deserved the 4th place for Madame Tussauds? Do write your views.

Salman’s statue has been plced in a special Bollywood section alongside those of three other Mumbai greats - Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai and Shah Rukh Khan. Salman Khan steps into the limelight at Madame Tussauds. Wearing his signature jeans and T-shirt he looks just as cool as on the big screen. The museum hopes the installation of the new statue, reflecting Salman’s popularity in the West, will attract many more South Asian and British Asian visitors.

The heartthrob actor was measured and photographed by expert sculptors in Mumbai last October to kick-start painstaking work on his wax double. He personally chose and donated clothes for the figure to wear. More than 10,000 people voted in the poll to choose the “Next Bollywood Star” conducted last August. Ben Lovett of Madame Tussauds said recently: “The Asian market is critical to our attraction and our association with Bollywood, particularly the launch of Shah Rukh Khan, has seen a dramatic increase in the number of Asians, from both the UK and abroad, visiting and enjoying Madame Tussauds. We hope to build upon this exciting relationship with the unveiling of Salman.”

In October there were rumours that Salman Khan has turned down the offer from Madame Tussauds, and all this just because of Aishwarya Rai wax figure in the museum, I also read an article mentioning the same. So “Better late then Never”, its good to see indian making moves and capturing the british land. Well apart from this whom do you think deserved to be placed instead of Salman Khan? do comment.
tidruG
Since this has a lot to do with Salman Khan, I've moved it to Television and Movies forum.
I really have no opinion on Salman Khan's wax statue being put up in the wax museum. However, I wonder why they picked him when we have much more talented actors around like Aamir Khan.
itolerance
tidruG wrote:
Since this has a lot to do with Salman Khan, I've moved it to Television and Movies forum.
I really have no opinion on Salman Khan's wax statue being put up in the wax museum. However, I wonder why they picked him when we have much more talented actors around like Aamir Khan.

well according to me he diserved it.... i am a big fan of salman khan.... and i think he worth being placed in the Madame Tussaud's..... cheers Sallu Bhai