FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Favorite Quotes

joshumu
I have many of them.

"Es mejor morir de pie que vivir arrodillado"
"It's better to die on your feet then to live on your knees"
- this quote has been attributed to both Emiliano Zapata and Jose Marti, I'm pretty sure its the latter

"It is impossible to be non-violent in the middle of the most violent society history has ever created. I am not committed to non-violence in any way."
-Bernadine Dohrn

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it."
-Mark Twain

"Let me just say: Peace to you, if you're willing to fight for it."
-Fred Hampton

"I am not quite certain that the crimes of this guilty land will never be purged away but with blood. I had, as i now think, vainly flattered myself that without very much bloodshed it might be done."
-John Brown on his last day

Just a few for starters. What do you got?
airh3ad
"Do a good turn Daily"
bobskeyboardz
I like so many I dont know where to start!

I liked the dialog from the series "deadwood"
erlendhg
Hehe. I've got some too.

"There's no place like 127.0.0.1"
-Unknown?

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
-Albert Einstein

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."
-Albert Einstein

"Time is what we measure with a clock."
-Albert Einstein

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school."
-Albert Einstein

I really think Albert Einstein have some good quotes Razz
asim
“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.”

“Anyone can count the seeds in an apple, but only God can count the number of apples in a seed.”
Liceneus
"Science is the only true guide in life."

"Peace at home is peace in the country. Peace in the country is peace in the world."

- M. Kemal ATATÜRK

"Christian, Jew, Muslim, shaman, Zoroastrian, stone, ground, mountain, river, each has a secret way of being with the mystery, unique and not to be judged."

"Hangovers come with love, yet love's the cure for hangovers."

"Load the ship and set out. No one knows for certain whether the vessel will sink or reach the harbor. Cautious people say, "I'll do nothing until I can be sure". Merchants know better. If you do nothing, you lose. Don't be one of those merchants who wont risk the ocean!"

- Mevlana
Futile
I have a couple:

"This week I acheived unprecedented levels of unverifiable levels of productivity."
-Dilbert

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General Goerge Patton

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.
-General Goerge Patton

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings."
Cassius - Julius Caesar | Act I, Scene 2

"Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all; amid confusion and chaos, your array may be without head or tail, yet it will be proof against defeat."
Sun Tzu - The Art of War | Energy - 16
liorhm
"Revenge is a dish best served cold"
- Unknown Klingon

"Today is a good day to die"
- Another, dead, unknown Klingon...

Smile
soulery
This was on another forum:

Quote:
*puts pinky by corner of mouth, doctor evil style*

O RLY?

lol.
Bryan_Bezzle
"They must find it difficult...Those who have taken authority as the truth instead of truth as the authority." - Gerald Massey

"I don't understand how a writer could ever get writer's block so-called...My problem is having too much..and being unable to get it down." - Unknown ..someone maybe can help me with that one?

"A wise man sees failure as progress. A fool divorces the knowledge and misses the logic and loses his soul in the process obsessed with nonsense with a caricature that has no content." - Canibus
JustCarol
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him" - Jesus Christ

"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free." - Jesus Christ

"The center of every man's existence is a dream." - G. K. Chesterton

"In seeking wisdom, the first step is silence; the second, listening; the third, remembering; the fourth practicing; the fifth, teaching others" - Solomon ibn Gabirol

and many more but I don't really remember right now.... great quotes everyone Smile
Coen
"Do not worry about your difficulties with mathematics, I can assure you mine are far greater." Albert Einstein

"An eye for an eye will only make the world blind." (Ghandi)

And the quote I made up and is in my signature Smile.
pocky_ninja
"I am the power in flesh and blood!" - Akuma

"God is in the rain!" - Allan Moore

"Cry havoc and let it slip the dogs of war!" - Shakespeare
legion
I like this ones:

"How inappropriate to call this planet Earth, when clearly it is Ocean." - Arthur C. Clarke

"The only reason why God created man is because he was disappointed with the monkey." - Mark Twain

"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Isaac Asimov

"Good friends are like stars — you don't always see them, but you know they are always there." - Anonymous

"Nothing is impossible, only improbable."
vineeth
"Each must find his own road"
James007
Quote:
Thou shall always use the search function before opening a new topic.
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-74007.html

Quote:
Thou shall not spam our forums to gain points!

Quote:
Thou shall always put quotes between quote-tags (see the link?)

-close-