FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Buzzing sound from speakers when cell phone is about to ring

Bryan_Bezzle
Do any of you receive this? When my cell phone or my house phone is about to ring my speakers emit a buzzing sound. My alarm clock also does it so basically I get a warning before my phone is about to ring. I don't remember this ever happening except for the past year but now it seems normal. Anyone know the cause?
soulery
Don't know what to tell ya there. The only time my speakers ever "buzz" is if I have the volume really loud and the cable is bent slightly.
SpellcasterDX
I think I've heard that sound before, but I don't remember. If I did hear it, it was a long time ago cause I no longer hear that buzzing sound. But I do believe I know what you're talking about, yes.
Chris24
It happens to me while I am in the car and the phone is too close to the radio
asim
I'm not an expert on cell phone strategies, but I thought the speaker-clicking was the phone responding to the tower's seek by transmitting a short burst of high-power signals announcing its availability and negotiating its required transmit power. A second or so later the cell phone actually begins ringing.
PennyLane
These are the radio signals from your mobile phone. It's normal, and this is why some people say this radiation could cause brain damage
tidruG
It's perfectly natural and it'll happen everytime you keep your phone close to speakers. I'm not yet 100% of the exact cause of this, but if I had to guess, I'd say that it happens because the waves your phone antenna receives cause interference in your speakers.
AftershockVibe
It happens because the power supply to your speakers acts as an aerial, the signal (or more accurately parts of the signal) picked up then propagate through to the cones causing the noise you can hear.

If you have an old CRT monitor and put your mobile on the top, a similar thing will happen as the electromagnetic waves alter the paths of the electrons inside the CRT. You get a kind of fuzzy colour distortions.
raine dragon
it happens to all 4 alarm clocks in my apartment, my pc speakers and all radio's I've ever owned..

However, the phone doesn't always ring when they start buzzing. ^^;
Bryan_Bezzle
raine dragon wrote:
it happens to all 4 alarm clocks in my apartment, my pc speakers and all radio's I've ever owned..

Yeah you're right it doesn't always ring.
nivre
it happens a lot to me..when my phone is beside my pc, even my monitor flickers. i guess its interference made by the signal to reach the cellphone. Its normal though for electronic devices to create such noise or interference...
hunnyhiteshseth
raine dragon wrote:

This is bcoz incoming call is only one of the reason when a mobile phone try to increase power to antennae. It may also happen when for eg. it looses its signal & it try to locate another tower.
snowboardalliance
Yeah I notice it too and I think what everyone is saying is right. Even when I play guitar my amp will start buzzing/clicking/etc.
ninjakannon
Now that's such a coincidence! I was about to click Post Reply and my speakers did it. I find that my phone seems to regularly either receive or emit a signal, even when I'm not getting a call or text - which is what just happened.

Mobile phones use microwaves to transmit their signals, I believe. So my guess is that the microwaves interfere with something in the speakers. If I'm right about it being microwaves, perhaps someone who has a microwave could put some speakers next to it while it's on and see if you get the same noise.

I think what AftershockVibe said is right, I've seen the effect on an old CRT monitor as I used to have one. Another interesting thing you can do is call somebody you're with on your mobile phone and then place both phones next to each other, make sure they touch. You'll hear echoes, screeching noises and a whole load of strange sounds.
Afaceinthematrix
I think that happens with my tv. Sometimes it is buzzing so I assume someone in the house is getting a phone call.
standready
ninjakannon wrote:
Now that's such a coincidence! I was about to click Post Reply and my speakers did it. I find that my phone seems to regularly either receive or emit a signal, even when I'm not getting a call or text - which is what just happened.

That buzzing happens to my television and my alarm clock/radio like above even when not getting a call in. I guess the phone periodically checks in the cell tower. Never bothers my car radio though.
otiscom
Yes it happens to me as well.
Only with my mobile (cell) phone though, and only on my PC?
Bryan_Bezzle
For me it seems to happen very often if not every call I get from my cell phone or sometimes even my house phone although that may be coincidence...but I can't really remember this happening in the past and I've had cell phones for years now. Could it maybe be something that has developed over time or has this really been going on since cell phones were created?
MeddlingMonk
I have this occur here too. Interestingly, though, it only affects certain devices - the CD player, for example, is affected by a Digital GSM mobile (2G, I think), but my computer's surround sound system isn't affected by NextG (3G) or CDMA mobiles (and yet both it and the TV are affected by electrical switches being turned on and off, resulting in a click in the sound system or a blip on the screen).
secondeye
LOlz This sound produces only because of cell phone rays, When ever u are going to receive your call or when your cellphone began to start ringing all the magnetic machines began to vibrate because of heavy incoming rays from mobile towers to your phone.
hunnyhiteshseth
Bryan_Bezzle wrote:
Could it maybe be something that has developed over time or has this really been going on since cell phones were created?

No, I first experienced such a thing way back in 2000 on my first cell phone, a Nokia 5110.
apple
well I finally found a group of people I have something in common with!!!

whooooooooo hoooooooooooo!!!!!

ok so my speakers buzz also and if am on the house phone and talking to my husband and his mobile is about to ring we both hear it on the house phone.

Rolling Eyes
ankitdatashn
Yes It does happen the only difference is that it is not a simple buzzing sound but a rhythmic buzzing sound like pulse buzzing. I guess it must be due to inteference cause by the electromagnetic waves emitted by the mobile phone which gets caught by the speakers. But I always get awe-look when I think how come the small device can get in contact with the towers so far away!!, also there are satellite phones that must be emitting a lot of electromagnetic waves. I feel these elctromagnetic waves muct be harming our bodies as I have heard they can cause cancers, tumours, etc.

Anyway to get into topic again I also would like to mention that when mobile phone is about to ring the computer or Television screen also flickers, but When I turn on the mobile phones buetooth this all does not happen, can any one tell on which technology the bluetooth functions...?
utsav2707
Bryan_Bezzle wrote:
Do any of you receive this? When my cell phone or my house phone is about to ring my speakers emit a buzzing sound. My alarm clock also does it so basically I get a warning before my phone is about to ring. I don't remember this ever happening except for the past year but now it seems normal. Anyone know the cause?
my speakers buzz when i am dialling any number from a gsm phone.
tidruG
Quote:
Could it maybe be something that has developed over time or has this really been going on since cell phones were created?
Well, I've certainly faced this ever since I've come in contact with cell phones, so I'd venture to say that this has probably been there for a long long time.

Quote:
Digital GSM mobile (2G, I think), but my computer's surround sound system isn't affected by NextG (3G) or CDMA mobiles
You're right. My CDMA mobiles cause absolutely no interruption whatsoever in any of my speakers. The GSM mobiles in my house, though, cause the buzzing sound in my computer speakers, in my landline wired phone, etc etc. However, the one thing that's never affected, thankfully, is my earphones.

secondeye wrote:
When ever u are going to receive your call or when your cellphone began to start ringing all the magnetic machines began to vibrate because of heavy incoming rays from mobile towers to your phone.
I'm pretty sure that my earphones have magnetic components in them. Then why do they go undisturbed?
ninjakannon
tidruG wrote:
I'm pretty sure that my earphones have magnetic components in them. Then why do they go undisturbed?

Nope, they don't. Earphones work by magic, don't you know? Well, it's almost magic; there are lots of little strings - like in String Theory - and they're invisible. If you could see them they'd look something like the flying spaghetti monster (rightclickscott will know what I'm talking about, or at least I think it's him). Anyway, these strings vibrate all the way up to your earphones and then you can hear the sound. Just to make it clear, they don't go up the wires to your headphones, those are just so you don't lose the ear pieces. They go on a rather long route, usually taking a detour to view the Eiffel Tower. Unfortunately, people on cruises around the world or just people who aren't anywhere near Paris seem to suffer slight 'lag' because of the time it takes to get to Paris and back.

It's true, I swear.

On a more serious note, I've got cancer.

That's not actually true, however it is relevant. I was wondering whether anyone believed the microwaves gave you cancer. Some people seem terribly scared of it.

EDIT: By the way, this is meant to be a joke. Just so no one sues me or anything.
hunnyhiteshseth
[quote="ninjakannon]On a more serious note, I've got cancer.

That's not actually true, however it is relevant. I was wondering whether anyone believed the microwaves gave you cancer. Some people seem terribly scared of it.

EDIT: By the way, this is meant to be a joke. Just so no one sues me or anything.[/quote]

No, I do not think that microwave could give you cancer. I think microwave at maximum could heat you up. Only ultraviolet waves and higher frequency waves cause cancer because they can penetrate deep into skin but microwaves have frequency even lesser than infrared waves.
lethaltriad
Yeah it happens all the time to me when i'm charging my cell phone by my pc and its near to the speakers.. really annoying especially when i'm watching a movie on my computer. Also yeah when i'm driving and I can hear it through the speakers, I wish they could find a silent way to transmit.
salman_500
this is normal as i always keep my cell close to my speaker... gives me a heads up that im about to get a call or an sms ... lol Razz

but it does happen someties that even though the speakers are clicking.... no calls or msgz come.... i feel so bad when this happens ... Crying or Very sad

lol Very Happy Laughing
Futile
This is a common issue. Here's why...

Because your phone is probably tri-band it receives WAP info and information like network status messages over the GSM band width. PC speakers (especially speakers) act like big antennas with their long wires hanging. As such when a network transmission (like a pre-location before ring) occurs you will hear the buzz.
Sphaerenkern
ankitdatashn wrote:
Yes It does happen the only difference is that it is not a simple buzzing sound but a rhythmic buzzing sound like pulse buzzing. I guess it must be due to inteference cause by the electromagnetic waves emitted by the mobile phone which gets caught by the speakers

Yeah, here too - it's like "buzz - buzzbuzzbuzz - buzzbuzzbuzz" - what's your speaker inteference rhythm?
Bryan_Bezzle
Sphaerenkern wrote:
ankitdatashn wrote:
Yes It does happen the only difference is that it is not a simple buzzing sound but a rhythmic buzzing sound like pulse buzzing. I guess it must be due to inteference cause by the electromagnetic waves emitted by the mobile phone which gets caught by the speakers

Yeah, here too - it's like "buzz - buzzbuzzbuzz - buzzbuzzbuzz" - what's your speaker inteference rhythm?

LOL I think mine goes "buzzzzz - buzz buzz buzz - buzzzz- buzz buzz buzzzzzzzz" the last buzz last until my cell phone rings. If my phone doesnt ring and I get the buzz its usually fainter and ends sooner.
Srs2388
my phone is CDMA and it doesn't do it... when i had as GSM phone it did.. that could be it
thebattler36
Bryan_Bezzle wrote:

it buzzes because the signal the satellite is sending down from space to your phone is being picked up by your speakers, the reason it happens before your phone rings is because it takes a second or two for your phone to realise what the signal means and un-encrypt it and then send a signal back to the satellite which sends a signal to the phone that called you that you have picked up your phone XD
tidruG
But even when you answer your GSM phone and take it close to your speakers, they still buzz.
biljap
That sound is normal; I hear it whenever my cell phone is close to the speakers. After some time I think I’ve learned to feel difference between those sounds and I know whether the phone is going to ring or a message is coming. And if a message is a little longer I can hear a small pause between those sounds coming from the speakers so I know what to expect! Sometimes I can hear it very loud and sometimes I can hardly hear it – I don’t know why.
And when I answer the phone the sound from the speakers becomes so load that I have to turn them off or to go somewhere else.
Bryan_Bezzle
Well we've found out that indeed everyone experiences it..now the question is..has this always happened? I can't remember this happening when I had a cell phone back in the day. I had computer speakers too I just dont remember this ever happening. Has it been fairly recent that it has been happening to all of you? Maybe..a year or two? Three at the most.
Thumpercats
I heard the buzzing speakers a lot, but last year I was in a dorm and everyone so often the room next to me would be making or recieving a phonecall and my television would go haywire during the duration of his phone... stupid nextel screwing with my sony tv. Sad
Srs2388
what if your TV caught fire because of it.. that would be so tubular man!!! lol
carlospro7
I've had this issue with my cell phone and my speakers before. I think it's actually kind of cool though b/c it's all happening right there and you cant see it
scotty
I have this happen all the time and its interference with the speakers. Most of the time speakers are unshielded and thus they react when you phone emitts strong signals.
uuuuuu
You know, it's funny that you should mention this happening, because something very similar - at least kind of similar - has been happening to me for about the past year, too.

It seems that, if my cell phone is in my hip pocket, just before it starts ringing my balls will start vibrating and my you-know-what starts to heat up. I mean, to the point of pain, seriously.

And I know this sounds funny, but it's seriously not cool. It doesn't seem to matter what my ringtone is or whether my phone is set to vibrate or whatever.

It only happens when my phone is in my hip pocket, but that is the only place I can carry my phone, most of my shirts don't have pockets, and I'll crush my phone if I put it in my back pocket, when I sit on it.

The most inexplicable thing, and I know you will think I am just making this up if I tell you this, is that it only happens when it's from a person calling who I already have in my address book. If it's just a regular number and I don't have a name programmed for them in my phone, then nothing happens.

So what I'm doing right now is I just erased all my contacts in my phone, and I keep a list of my contacts name and numbers in my pocket so I can look at the number on caller ID and see who is calling, but I'd really rather be able to have contacts on my phone again.

So if you ever figure out what's happening to your speakers, please let me know because it might be related to the problem that I'm having with my balls buzzing.

Thanks, and tell your mom hi for me,

Uwe
molif
its common..

radiation is causing those buzzing sound..
like some ppl said here, using mobile phone for too long could cause brain damage...

i don know if that is true.. if it is, talk less to ur gf at night over the phone.. haha.. a new excuse for those un-deserving guys out there..
microcreative
Yeah, the speakers does buzz when and if a mobile is around. And I did notice this ever since I have been using a mobile since 1998. Be it your television, radio, hifi stereo, multimedia speakers, car stereo and so on............. All it needs is a power supplied speaker, i.e even if the stereo isn't playing any song, you can still hear to the buzz.

It's interesting, actually I used this buzz as my incoming ringer in those days Wink . In India and at least when it comes to my family, where love marriages are considered as a big taboo.
Please have patience am coming to the point. So with the advent of cell phones in India, I needed no land line to receive my love's calls, and early mobiles were not miniature in size and also I could not keep the phone open as I did not want my parents to know about my mobile.

I used to keep the mobile behind the stereo player and leave the power on in the stereo system, and when ever my love called me, the speakers used to buzz and that would be all to take my love's call. Very Happy

As many of the other frihost subscribers posted their views, it is correct, the speaker makes a buzzing noise for every thing.

When you switch on the mobile, or switch it off, or when you receive a incoming call, or missed call, or even for a sms, the speakers and especially if you have a radio around they buzz for sure.

Even if you are talking to someone on a land phone and if you happen to receive a call on your mobile which also happens to be with you, then even the tiny speaker of the land phone start to buzz.

Since it is obvious that you hear to the buzzing noise in several compilations during an incoming or outgoing call, and since it is understood that it has something to do with the magnetic waves, all I could conclude was any powered speaker can become sensitive to the mobile phone.

How ever it was interesting to read some funny views too.
tony
Futile wrote:
This is a common issue. Here's why...

Because your phone is probably tri-band it receives WAP info and information like network status messages over the GSM band width. PC speakers (especially speakers) act like big antennas with their long wires hanging. As such when a network transmission (like a pre-location before ring) occurs you will hear the buzz.

More detail than I would have been able to give but I do know it is normal :p Happense to my friend a lot!
PatTheGreat42
Isn't the point of the ringing to provide a warning? So you get a warning for the warning?
Kaseas
asim wrote:
I'm not an expert on cell phone strategies, but I thought the speaker-clicking was the phone responding to the tower's seek by transmitting a short burst of high-power signals announcing its availability and negotiating its required transmit power. A second or so later the cell phone actually begins ringing.

Yep. Also you can get one of those cellphone charm things that light up when your cellphone rings, those use that burst of energy to power an LED.
HalfBloodPrince
I don't really get buzzing, it's more beeping =/ Like tut...tut-tut-tut...tut or something like that.
Josso
Yep this is very common, happens with all the speakers I own and one of my monitors sometimes goes a bit weird before I get an SMS or call. All explained in this thread, thank you.
miacps
This happens to me all the time with my computer speakers. It also happened the other day in my friend's car. So weird...

Quote:
I don't really get buzzing, it's more beeping =/ Like tut...tut-tut-tut...tut or something like that.

Same here. Sounds like raspy Morse code! Razz
ftv_flung
Yeah, everybody knows about the beeping from a mobile phone...

Professional speakers used in Cinemas or at venues, will of course not receive this inteference, but consumers models will usually pick up the interference. It's no biggie really...

And why would it beep when you get a call on your landline ??? That's even more weird!!
smspno
It happens all the time to my speakers Smile
hlavco
Seems to happen to me more often when I'm turning my phone on or off.
HamsterMan
Happens for me all the time as well. It's very practical too, as you can predict when people are calling and answer immidietely to creep them out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5ruAZ4Useg
loonix
Akk

Trade your shiney new I-Phone in for 2 tin cans and a peice of string. you will never have this problem again Wink
raine dragon
I got a new phone, and it now happens much less often, and it makes a new sound. XD
sulavaryal
it works to me as an early warning system at times. I am ok with it . Very Happy
techscholar
I notice this exact same issue on my speakers attached to my PC when I am about to get a call on my mobile OR the mobile phone is just "touching base" with the network periodically.

If it can do that to speakers, you wonder what it is doing to your head when you are on the phone and are not using a headset Shocked
snowboardalliance
techscholar wrote:
I notice this exact same issue on my speakers attached to my PC when I am about to get a call on my mobile OR the mobile phone is just "touching base" with the network periodically.

If it can do that to speakers, you wonder what it is doing to your head when you are on the phone and are not using a headset Shocked

I thought there has been a lot of research on that and it's not very harmful (relative to everything else at least). Maybe I'm just making this up...
pll
PennyLane wrote:
These are the radio signals from your mobile phone. It's normal, and this is why some people say this radiation could cause brain damage

Yeah your right.
You can get more info here ; http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phone-radiation-levels/

Loll My cell phone is wieird, when I get my ears near it I can ear the little transmitter emitting a sound.

It's like Biiiiip and it's really tweeter.

Also, when there is a GSM phone in my house (mine is CDMA) I hear the sound in the speakers before the phone itself rings (or if I make an outgoing call with it I can hear the sound).

So your not the only one!
winmark
Yes flickering monitor, buzzing speakers, it's all pretty normal. So what's all the fuss about?
j_f_k
I've noticed this myself. ITs not a continuous buzz but more like about 4-5 seconds of what sounds like morse code then the phone rings. Presume the phone must transmit something at high power just before ringing as a handshake to establish that a connection can be made.
Alaskacameradude
Happens all the time to me. Consider it an 'early warning system' to give you an extra couple seconds to get to your cell phone.
swimflyfast
There must be a solution to this problem!
chi0
Yeh, I've wondered about this quite a bit - in South Africa, my phones always made that buzzing sound. In Japan, I've never heard it.

Looking at it closer, it could be because SA is GSM, while Japan uses mostly CDMA - there's no GSM network. I have no idea what these mean, but it's the only difference I can find. Razz
Crazy_Canuck
You have all just cleared up a mystery for me. At my workplace, we often have conference calls, and inevitably those in the room will place their blackberries on the table near the phone. The people on the phone will hear buzzing every time someone's blackberry gets a message (which is every few seconds, usually). The sound is not audible to those in the room, only to those on the phone.

So almost every meeting starts out with people on the phone scolding those in the room to "move your blackberry!!" It's pretty funny, actually. Razz
andredesignz
"buzz" in my computer speakers gosh its killing me.
Thats something we can not stop unless you turn o the speakers for u wont her that annoying sound.
Even sometimes when the phone is not going to ring it makes that buzzing sound in the speakers.
I can tell when a call is going to come in the 1st thing i hear is the buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! and then my phone ring or i get a message
iyepes
Even though your cell phone transmits in microwave band (yes, the same that cook your meals, and the same radio stations use for links), however almost all RF source causes harmonic and subharmonic frequencies.

That means your cell phone causes lower frequency signals that can be captured by you speakers cables, which behaves basically like antennas.

This sound is emitted before the ring, because your cell phone is negotiating the phone call with the cellular base.
HamsterMan
It can easily be stopped. I already linked a video showing you how to stop it.
soljarag
ha, that happens all the time... I hear the speaker before I hear the phone ring
TurtleShell
This is in some ways a convenience because it only happens while I'm at work, and I always know by the sound my computer speakers make that my phone is about to ring...
chatrack
Hi,
This BUZZ sound is just RFI ( radio frequeny interference).

Mobile phone emit Radio Frequiecy in the range of few GHz. audio amplifiers of
near by (or even the same mobile device , of course of low cost type mobile with no RFI compensastion) can pic up these signals.

PS: you may have noticed that Passive Sticky LED indicatiors on the mobile phone, start blinking about 2 seconds before mobile starts ringing..

Rolling Eyes
thanks
ebosx
Hi
speaking of this interruption sound.. i heard a techno song a couple years back and it was this sound remixed into a funky tune Cool. it was quite entertaining how someone can make something so annoying into such a creative and entertaining sound.

if anyone out there knows whats it called id be most appreciative!! Wink
j_f_k
I used to get this all the time. My speakers (tv, computer or hi fi) would sound like they're emitting morse code. IT was a few years back when I had 900 gsm freq phone now with 1800 it doesn't seem to occurr - I don't know whether its because the frequency or whether the signal strength under 1800 - aso not sure if they frequency switch was the differentiating factor.
andy007007
Has anyone tried any thing and been successful?
ratanegra
When I am using the computer while listening to music and texting, I know I received or sent a message before my cellphone tells me because of that buzz. It's fun. Very Happy
ninjakannon
ratanegra wrote:
When I am using the computer while listening to music and texting, I know I received or sent a message before my cellphone tells me because of that buzz. It's fun. Very Happy

Except when it just buzzes randomly and you don't get a text. I'm so disappointed when that happens. Razz
mahirh
PennyLane wrote:
this is why some people say this radiation could cause brain damage

im sure sound this quiet will not cause any kind of brain damage (you were referring to the sound). And some say it is because of ionizing radiation of the kind in nuclear reactors, Im sure talking to a mobile phone will NOT cause any more damage to your body from ionizing radiation than eating a banana (unless the mobile phone is a banana phone). And some even say, since it transmits in the microwave frequency, it has the potential to cook your brain BUT unfortunately (for them indeed) repetitive tests has shown that it can only raise the temperature up to a maximum of 2 degrees extra (that too under any hours ans hours of calling), which cannot have any significant effect. And yes, you will get cancer from other natural sources before you get from this source if you ever will. For paranoids, everything causes cancer!
chatrack
utsav2707 wrote:
my speakers buzz when i am dialing any number from a gsm phone.

Dialing GSM mobile or any mobile device, produce electromagnetic Radio waves.
these waves are strong enough to picked up by the near by audio circuit board. (RF is picked up by AF circuit).

You can check it. place a mobile phone near an AM radio, switched on to some station or tuned to a
vacant frequency. Place a mobile phone near it and try calling some one.

you will hear a periodic, rhythmic sound from AM radio. it is Radio Frequency picking up by the Audio Circuit board
ocalhoun
Moved to Hardware and Electronics
ratanegra
ninjakannon wrote:
ratanegra wrote:

Except when it just buzzes randomly and you don't get a text. I'm so disappointed when that happens. Razz

Well, yeah, that happens quite usually and I get anxious waiting for the incoming message... which never arrives and I'm like Sad.
metalfreek
Yes the speaker buzzes every time you receive calls. Its normal and happens to me everyday. I think that when you receive a call there is more radio frequency around and somehow interfere with the speaker.

And another thing is that even though you are not receiving the call, speaker buzz because it is trying to find the signal from the tower.
ratanegra
metalfreek wrote:
Yes the speaker buzzes every time you receive calls. Its normal and happens to me everyday. I think that when you receive a call there is more radio frequency around and somehow interfere with the speaker.

And another thing is that even though you are not receiving the call, speaker buzz because it is trying to find the signal from the tower.

Oh, I didn't know that last one.
GravityHurts
This also happens to me alot, i noticed the desktop speakers do it the most, even when powered off! [/quote]
narashiman
That's right .... No problem in that....
The best Idea is to keep the Phones away Form Speakers
ocalhoun
narashiman wrote:
The best Idea is to keep the Phones away Form Speakers

Or, simply use well-shielded cables...

Also, why is it so hard to get shielded speaker cables? It doesn't take a genius to think that an unshielded cable might often be affected by emi... and it's not like adding a cladding layer and different connectors would be impossible... Cables of almost all other types do so...
Navigator
Thats because they are listening.
Ryox
I heard that alot with the "Cell Phones" my moms and her bf has, with their TV.. I believe they are on the same frequency and that interfears between the both of them. But we only have 1 TV that does that since its probably an OLD tv.
jdelfire
Can't believe this has so many reply lol...
I just accepted the fact that it does that - Cest la vie
brandon02852
I believe this to be the cell phone signal interfering with the magnets in your speakers. The sound is the result of this.
ocalhoun
brandon02852 wrote:
I believe this to be the cell phone signal interfering with the magnets in your speakers. The sound is the result of this.

No, not the magnets. It causes interference with the unshielded speaker wires.
The amplifier in the speaker set then amplifies that interference which is why the buzzing sound is loud enough to hear.
kmontano
This radio interference is the same reason you are asked to turn off your phone in an auditorium before a show so as to not interfere with the wireless microphones and speaker systems.
ocalhoun
kmontano wrote:
This radio interference is the same reason you are asked to turn off your phone in an auditorium before a show so as to not interfere with the wireless microphones and speaker systems.

Uh, no.
The reason they ask you to turn off your phone is so you don't interrupt the show when the phone rings.

A phone needs to be pretty close to the (unamplified* and unshielded*) audio wires if it's going to cause noticeable interference.

*The wires from any microphones or whatnot to the audio equipment will probably be shielded and resistant to any interference... And also pretty far from most of the audience.
*The wires from the audio equipment to the speakers will already be past the amplification stage, and cell phone interference will only be noticeable if it occurs pre-amplification.
pll
Even if you receive MicroVolts (because yes, MicroVolts are traveling in the air) it can get amplified by the device you have.

I know it I just saw amplifiers in my electronics classe this week!
Roland
I hate to use this as an example: but do you recall the day that those two young Girls got murdered down south (jessica & Holly) on how Ian Huntley murdered the two and then used one of the girls Mobile phones to send a text message saying that they'd be home late. The signal from off the Phone was to triangulate a signal of which exactly pinpointed where the person was stood within would you believe less than two and a half feet. Its the same method used by the Army on where they are able to send a signal ahead of the launch of a target; The only difference is that an invisible beam from up above (satellite) points where the missile needs to be deployed but cell phones Mobile Phones are receivers, where the Mobile mast sends a beam of which it triangulates with three or more Masts. wherever you are. that is to say that if you are within range of phone masts you can be pinpointed within a few feet from where you are stood. say for instance you have fallen off your horse and are miles from anywhere and that you have broken your leg and that you have no idea where you are. provided that there is power in your battery, coordination of where exactly you are could then be transmitted to police Helicopter where it is as simple as logging into Google Map for them to find you. oh and beware you criminals if they have your number; even though you do not have your phone activated you can be tracked down. who and by the way some of you may have had your phone where customer research would ask you where you do your shopping; and if you are a subscriber and that you are within a superstore do not be alarmed if you get a text telling you of a bargain to be had. you and I and a few hundred thousand of us are being watched and updated every three to four hours. Ever been on your Holidays and taken your mobile phone with you. I was to have my phone switched on and went through three Time zones where Each time I saw that a message on my phone telling me that I was in france and then in Spain We Are Being Watched and that's why you will hear your Cell phone or mobile Phone making distinctive Blurr Blurr sounds. Even as I write My phone sounded through my Computer speakers (it scared the Sh.t out of me Question