FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

wedding cost

bluefossil
For those already married or plan to get married.... what was your budget for the wedding reception? I am going broke paying for this.....
chabates
my girlfriend suggests that i spend $10000 on the ring and $50000 on the wedding HA
Flarkis
From what i know wedding ring should be 3 months salary. And the wedding, well thats your entire life savings if you let the woman plan it.
apple
hi,

if you got friends and family that can help decorate then you can cut some of the cost. I always believed that it was better to ensure where you live after is secure and comfortable 1st and entertain guests at the wedding after.

expensive stuff has never been my thing so I guess that is where we may or may not vary.

a simple wedding band can be bought and used at the ceremony (big savings) and another more expensive ring can be bought after a few anniversaries.

tokens...don't over do cause it's most likely your guests are gonna discard it or it'll get broken/lost.

one aunt of mine gave candles at her wedding, while another friend gave glasses. My suggestion is to give them something that is different that they'll remember.

Maybe you can have your tokens made to go with your wedding theme. Do you have a theme?

I know someone who was thinking about going Japanese and mixing it with western culture...they made picture frames from bamboo and gave them to their guests.

I think the most important questions are...what was your budget and how much have you spent already and what else do you have to purchase/pay for?
cavey
$10000 on a ring!? You could buy 6 nice couches for that price! Also I would be afraid to wear it (in case I lost it). How can you guys afford to get married? Are you rich or something?
apple
lol @ cavey

some people just want their wedding day to be special no matter the cost.
Afaceinthematrix
It depends on who plans it. My sister planned her own wedding and it ended up costing about $20,000 dollars. I am an extremely cheap person, and I went over some "plans" with her that I came up with and got the wedding down to $3,000. We live close to Las Vegas and I told her another solution was just to take $1,000 and go to Vegas. Get married in one of those $49.95 wedding chapels and have a nice vacation there with the other $950.05. It comes down to this: if you let the woman plan it you'll go into debt. If a guy plans it you'll get away without spending too much money. My sister told me that the only way I'll ever get married is if I find a woman as cheap as me. She said my $3,000 wedding plans were ridiculous. I guess it's a good thing that I'm never planning on getting married.
apple
Afaceinthematrix.......I can surely get married with $3000 USD (dat's $18,000 of my dollars)

lol
Afaceinthematrix
apple wrote:
Afaceinthematrix.......I can surely get married with $3000 USD (dat's $18,000 of my dollars)

lol

Lol, yeah, that could be done. Where are you from?

So let's rephrase this, can you get married for $500? That would be $3,000 of your dollars.
Alaskacameradude
Ya, seems most women want to spend A TON! I say, if you every want to be able to afford a house, better throttle back the wedding plans or we'll be living in a dump of an apartment forever. And spending 3 months salary on a ring....sorry that ain't gonna happen. I could do better things with that money, like buy groceries and pay rent. Of course that could be one of the reasons it took me awhile to get married Smile Anyways, my wife agreed with me (see that's one reason I married her), and we had a relatively cheap wedding, around 3 grand, and it was a fun one too! We rented a car off hotwire for $12 a day, drove to Vegas, got married in the valley of fire (beautiful!) stayed for a couple days and had a hotel room, and then drove over to San Diego and drove up highway 101 for our honeymoon. It was AWESOME and not that expensive compared to a lot of people's weddings.
adri
Flarkis wrote:
From what i know wedding ring should be 3 months salary. And the wedding, well thats your entire life savings if you let the woman plan it.

I absolutly agree with that. Laughing

Adri
apple
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
apple wrote:

lol

Lol, yeah, that could be done. Where are you from?

So let's rephrase this, can you get married for $500? That would be $3,000 of your dollars.

sorry i missed this post. i live in the caribbean. Smile
redchic
rofl apple. i live the same place as her and our budget is 50k (don't see it reaching there though) it really depends on what you want and if you have the finances to back you up. or just plain planning within your finances.
apple
reds you are insane!!!! and i mean that with all the love i got to give.

i can get married with $40USD lol...dats the legal part, transport and lunch! hahahahaa
whitehole
Girls take for granted wedding costs and are unrealistic when it comes this subject. I wouldn't go broke on something like this (or skimp either). Find some middle ground.
apple
whitehole....thats a kinda wide statement. not all women are inconsiderate and selfish.