FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The UN, WMD, sex scandal impeachments, interns, pork barrel,

Billy Hill
... abortion laws, high taxes, lobbyists, special interest, social security, regulation and deregulation of transportation, seat belt laws, poor education, teachers unions, food stamps, inflation, gas taxes, weapon sales, immigration amnesty or border patrol, the IRS, the TSA, the CIA, etc, etc, etc.

All COLOSSAL government screw ups.

Now

You seriously want them in charge of YOUR healthcare? Yeah, I'm sure they are due to get one right eventually. Rolling Eyes
ocalhoun
Well, the CIA and the seat belt laws aren't total screw-ups. Gas taxes aren't really that bad either.

I still wouldn't trust the US Government for health care. Not socialized health care, that is. Ironically enough, in a few weeks I'll be eligible for free government health care by virtue of being in the military, but that makes more sense in that it can simply be paid for as a worker benefit and because sick soldiers don't fight well.

So, would I trust the civilian government for health care? No. Military bureaucracy? We'll see.
pampoon
I'm guessing you're talking about the US government.

Well yes, I'd have to agree with you in that over the past few years, the US government hasn't been the best ever, but you have to look at the good things they have done:

1. ...

Yeah, I've got nothing. The US government pretty much sucks. They invade other countries for the only reason of oil and then just leave the soldiers there to watch the place, they raise taxes because their oil-takeover plan isn't working, they completely freak out and lose it when a hurricane devastates a city, and the leader of such a great establishment is the biggest idiot born in the lone star state.

So, as you see, even the American's themselves are about fed up with the US government.

God bless Wink ,
pampoon
standready
If you want health care and social security fixed. Take away the congress benefit plans they voted themselves and put them back into the system. If it is good for us taxpayers, it should be good enough for them - RIGHT?
raine dragon
Seat Belt laws are bad because...?

There are many cases where people have died for not wearing a seatbelt. I actually have a dear family friend who was thrown from a vehicle to his death. If he had been wearing a seatbelt he most likely would have escaped alive according to the doctors.
Afaceinthematrix
raine dragon wrote:
Seat Belt laws are bad because...?

There are many cases where people have died for not wearing a seatbelt. I actually have a dear family friend who was thrown from a vehicle to his death. If he had been wearing a seatbelt he most likely would have escaped alive according to the doctors.

Seat belt laws aren't really that bad, but I wish they didn't exist. If they didn't exist, I would STILL wear a seat belt because it's safe and I feel weird not wearing one. However, I would still like to have the right to not wear one. Get what I'm saying? We should be able to make the decision ourselves.
liljp617
=/ I've been trying to say this since the topic of universal healthcare really took off...people always act like I'm crazy.