FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

authenticate posts in a phpbb forum

mike_phi
Hi there all,

I am running a phpbb forum and am experiencing a problem with misdirected posts in various forums.

in an attempt to curb this problem I have made my forums for registered users only but this does not cueb the problem as registered users are still posting things that dont belong in certain areas or on my site at all.

I would like to know if it is posible to set up the administrator in such a way that only the administrator can authenticate a post.

i.e.

my registered users are able to post a post and its only visible after the administrator has read an accepts the post.

cheers
mehulved
I don't think that's a good idea. As it will deter many people. Eventually they will get frustrated and leave. Also, if the volume of posts is high you're going to have a tough time managing it.
IMO, it'd be better to have an active community of moderators doing their job.
Is your need so special as to warrant such an action?
silverdown
You can do that easy with phpbb3 by selected "registered user" and having there permissions as "Moderated" for every forum. However, "mehulved" is right I would leave if having to wait for my post to be verified. I only have that for guest posts in my forum.
mike_phi
Hi there and thanks for the tips, I agree with your way of thinking in having it as open as posible as people prefer to have things live emediatly.

I gues its just a bit of frustration kicking in when I find bogus posts

cheers
fadirocks
phpBB3 now has moderation for creating "new topic" and "new posts"
so you can setup permission per usergroup if they can post right away or have to be moderated