FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Brawl Postponed Again

Magicman
Quote:
NOTICE

Due to delays in the completion of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, we’ve had to change the release date of the game to Sunday, March 9th.

I deeply apologize to the people who have looked forward to playing the game for so long and ask that you hold on just a little longer. Thank you for your patience.

That is from the official Super Smash Bros Brawl Website. This is the second time they have delayed the release of this game. Why do they keep needing to push back the release? I hope it ends up being a very good game and well worth the wait.
brokenadvice
I read somewhere the game is so awesome, that it is literally exploding the testers heads. They are currently in the process of negotiating a contract with Microsoft to make the game suck. That way it wont kill people.

Seriously, The delay only bothers me a little. If they need the time to make the game 100% perfect they can have it.
Ghengis
This is painful. Seriously, physically painful. The Olimar announcement? I *need* to play as Olimar. It's awesome beyond words, but I have to wait *two months* (nearly), and it *hurts*.
Nameless
As far as I'm concerned Nintendo can delay the thing for two more years if the end result is as increased in awesomeness as SSBM was to SSB.
Studio Madcrow
It's called vaporware folks... I'll believe SSBB to be coming out when either one of two things happens:

1. I see copies actually available on store shelves
2. Duke Nukem Forever gets released.
Fire Boar
Studio Madcrow wrote:
It's called vaporware folks... I'll believe SSBB to be coming out when either one of two things happens:

1. I see copies actually available on store shelves
2. Duke Nukem Forever gets released.

That's harsh - SSBB is already well into development and it's such a huge franchise that they would never ever cancel it; the potential for making money is just so huge, seeing as how Melee was the definitive multiplayer Gamecube game (and still is, for a large number of people).
vonboy
i just don't realy like this delay as much as the last one.

for the first delay (from dec 4 to feb 10 i think) they said they wanted more time to fine tune the controls, and to make on-line better, and stuff, so i don't mind that one ast much.

for this one, they said there is some kind of production problems with the game atm, and they can't get it out on the due date.
coyote
lol. The Japanese factory exploded where they make them.

Really though, I think it's because they wasted too much time polishing it, and didn't have enough time to actually start making the discs. Also for suspense.

Oh, and I think Too Human is a much better and more modern example of Vaporware. That, or the original sequel to Starcraft
wombatrpgs
In all honesty, I'm only irritated at the difference in release dates. The nature of the internet allows information (such as unlockable characters, stages, etc) to be spread around internationally a lot faster. The difference between the Japan and US release dates, (not to mention the other localizaton areas), will basically get rid of the exploration part of the game typical to a first release.

Not that that is such a big deal. And the website helps to remedy that problem. I guess if I were in Japan, I'd be mad if they didn't release the game for three months just so some foreigners could get the game at the same time so it would be 'fair.'

The delays, I would think, actually help the quality of the game. If you remember, Melee was rushed to an extreme, resulting in several removed stages, (Wonder what Akaneia would've been like...), and the notorious "clones." The repeated delays just show us that there is sufficient dev time for the game, which is a plus. I'd be worried if it had been just straight rushed as a Wii release title. (Remember that one? Hah.)
Kelcey
That sucks. Maybe it's a good thing since I have DMC4 to play now.
wombatrpgs
Now that it's out in Japan, it almost looks like they could've used more time, due to the appearance of the clones again... Maybe the real problem with the delays and such was that, after the repeated shifting of deadlines, they couldn't in good conscience move it back again, even when more development time was requested. I really don't see any other reason for repeat characters, except to add an unlockable without the effort.
McDucque
Yeah, it looked like there was a few clones again this time around. I checked out the 'final character list' screens that people playing the import have posted, and they made me very excited for the Wii. Ill be hosting my friends over quite a bit to use their Wii's and play it =)
ZeroXD
I've been playing the japanese version, and it's been pretty fun. Smash brothers is one of the best multiplayer fighting games out there and this new version is definitely a good addition. Even though there are a few clones, most of the clones play a bit different from each other, so there is some difference besides strictly looks.

The new adventure mode is pretty fun because it actually seems to have a story, instead of just random fighting like the classic mode.

However the best feature has to be the ability to play online with your friends and random match ups when you don't have anyone to play with. It will definitely extend the playability of super smash brother brawl for a long time to come.

Oh and I'm pretty sure the delay to the game was due to production problems. Brawl is the first dual layer game on the wii (basically it uses more then 4.5 GB) and I suppose that led to short production numbers. Since japan is smaller they decided to supply them first.
LostOverThere
I personally would rather the game to be held back, but be a better game. Then be released now, and be buggy and broken.
Ghengis
OK, I figured I could infer what you're talking about, but I haven't -- when you say "clones", do you mean characters with very similar moves? Would Falcon and Ganondorf count?
Whong
Too bad it's postponed, but it'll be probably really good when it comes out! Very Happy
wombatrpgs
ZeroXD wrote:
I've been playing the japanese version, and it's been pretty fun. Smash brothers is one of the best multiplayer fighting games out there and this new version is definitely a good addition. Even though there are a few clones, most of the clones play a bit different from each other, so there is some difference besides strictly looks.

The new adventure mode is pretty fun because it actually seems to have a story, instead of just random fighting like the classic mode.

However the best feature has to be the ability to play online with your friends and random match ups when you don't have anyone to play with. It will definitely extend the playability of super smash brother brawl for a long time to come.

Oh and I'm pretty sure the delay to the game was due to production problems. Brawl is the first dual layer game on the wii (basically it uses more then 4.5 GB) and I suppose that led to short production numbers. Since japan is smaller they decided to supply them first.

Hm... Interesting. Where did you hear that? Now that I think about it, it makes a lot of sense. The delays aren't really translation or localization but producing the actual different version of the CD. Although that doesn't really explain the European release dates, except maybe they're supplying Japan first due to size, and then the US due to its widely anticipated release. Well, I was wondering.
Fire Boar
European games have to go through EU legislation. Plus, they have to be translated into English, French, Spanish, Italian and German, so translation really is a lot of work.

It's a shame that England is part of Europe really... merely taking an NTFS game and putting it on a PAL CD is no effort whatsoever on the part of the game company, but they have to go and put all the extra effort for those who don't live in the UK or Holland.
kicy
They wouldn't have to worry about release dats as much if they included a way to update games so when they make something better they can release a patch or somthing.
mattchun
oh my god, i've been waiting for it for so long!
Seiji
I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it fully anyway with school bothering me all the time and all my money going to a new power supply and a graphics card. That doesn't mean I'm looking forward to it though but I'm not counting down the days until it comes out.
Whong
Seiji wrote:
I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it fully anyway with school bothering me all the time and all my money going to a new power supply and a graphics card. That doesn't mean I'm looking forward to it though but I'm not counting down the days until it comes out.

I too am busy with school so I wouldn't have time to play it either. I'm still waiting for it and hope it'll be as good as they promised! Very Happy
Ghengis
Every time somebody posts new information (especially now that it's out in Japan and "normal people" can post about it) it's like getting slapped in the face. Damn, I want this game.

I just did this:

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=98840

Hopefully it doesn't take forever to ship. At least shipping is free...