FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[Help] Problem installing phpBB2

HalfBloodPrince
Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong forum...I'm trying to install phpBB2 (that's what my latest backup is on, I will upload the backup then upgrade to phpBB3) but have a problem.

I know how to install phpBB2 quite easily, so I don't know what's wrong. On my new hosting account, though, I'm on cPanel, which I've never used before. I used n00b's tutorial and followed the exact steps for making a MySQL DB on cPanel (added the permissions and everything), and I changed config.php's permissions to 777 and everything, but I get this error when I fill in all the details on the installation page:

Quote:
Warning: include(./../db/mysql.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/halfbloo/public_html/phpbb2/includes/db.php on line 31

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../db/mysql.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/halfbloo/public_html/phpbb2/includes/db.php on line 31

Fatal error: Class 'sql_db' not found in /home/halfbloo/public_html/phpbb2/includes/db.php on line 60

I'm not so sure as to exactly what that means, so I would greatly appreciate help.

Thanks

PS. I already deleted the forum files from public_html and uploaded them again, no luck. I also re-made the database and user for it over and over again, but same error each time...the forum installation can be accessed here.
mathiaus
Check that the db directory exists within your forum directory. Upload it if not.