FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cpanel Logon

Bathamos
About half the time I try to log on to my CPanel, I get this message:

Quote:
This account is currently locked out because a brute force attempt was detected. Please wait 10 minutes and try again. Attempting to login again will only increase this delay. If you frequently experience this problem, we recommend having your username changed to something less generic.

I did change my password as soon as I got Hosting, ((which I am very happy for, by the way =D)), and I was wondering if that may have something to do with it. =\

Although, it says that thing about having a generic username may cause it, but I don't see how...

So, I have a few questions...

Is this normal?

Is this something that can be fixed?

If I change my username, does that change my subdomain as well?
rvec
This means someone is trying to crack your username/password combination but had too many wrong guesses. This is most likely a bot which just tries some usernames which are used a lot, so if you change your username to something less used the bot will probably not find you.

If this is the first time this is happening and you have a good password (at least alphanumeric and (semi-)random) there is no need to change your username, but if this happends a lot you should ask and admin to change your username. I don't think this will change your subdomain.
Bathamos
rvec wrote:
This means someone is trying to crack your username/password combination but had too many wrong guesses. This is most likely a bot which just tries some usernames which are used a lot, so if you change your username to something less used the bot will probably not find you.

If this is the first time this is happening and you have a good password (at least alphanumeric and (semi-)random) there is no need to change your username, but if this happends a lot you should ask and admin to change your username. I don't think this will change your subdomain.

Oh, thanks. That's great.
Yes, that was the first time and I have a great password. =P

I waited for a day and just reset my password. It's all set now.

Thank you very much. =D If it keeps up I'll be sure to contact an Admin. =3