FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dragonball the Movie (2008)

Bryan_Bezzle
I've been following this for a while now. IMDB.com now has the cast posted for the live-action movie set to release in August of 2008. Dragonball has an enormous fan base and if done correctly, the movie has potential for many sequels giving the fact that the entire dragonball/z/gt series boasts over 500 episodes. Any comments on the cast or what you would like to see from the silver screen premier?
HoboJoeTLM
I don't think it's gonna be that great. Remember the Street Fighter movie...cartoons just don't transfer into real life very well.
blk3
I bet it would be much better if its a CGI movie, I'm just thinking about the 'hair' how in the world are they gonna do that in live action without being corny.
Bryan_Bezzle
Im just hoping maybe it will have the same effect X-men, Spiderman, & Transformers had. It is being done by 20th century fox, special effects handled by the same people from The Matrix, and directed by the man who did Kung Fu Hustle. I do realize how much of a flop it could be though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Coclus
Oh my god there is a movie?! How horrible..
Felippos
Wtf!? IS that real! I love dragonball <3..
Bryan_Bezzle
The guy from ghostbusters was just added to the cast list.

check out www.dragonballmovieblog.com
Zaini711
This should be a very interesting movie to wait. Could not wait to see how it's turn out to be......
GoDHiM
MMM...im waiting this movie for years...but i cant imagine Goku in real world.
Seiji
It will probably flop...remember the Cowboy Bebop Live Action thing that was suppose to come through but never even got released (?). If DBZ has all the effects I don't see why it wouldn't be good...but then again that didn't help D-War.
Bryan_Bezzle
Seiji wrote:
It will probably flop...remember the Cowboy Bebop Live Action thing that was suppose to come through but never even got released (?). If DBZ has all the effects I don't see why it wouldn't be good...but then again that didn't help D-War.

D-war existed before the movie?
urbanbuddha
All I have to say is that I'm not very impressed with the casting. XD It's Dragonball, right? So why is Goku played by some 20-something white guy when Goku was just a child in Dragonball?
Bryan_Bezzle
urbanbuddha wrote:
All I have to say is that I'm not very impressed with the casting. XD It's Dragonball, right? So why is Goku played by some 20-something white guy when Goku was just a child in Dragonball?

Well like any comic made movie, theyre going to make some tweaks. Think of X-men. But the story is actually of teenage Goku, the adult Goku would be in DBZ. They are also kind of skipping through a lot of the original Dragonball to summarize it I guess so thats pretty much in line with his age I would say.
deStructuralized
blk3 wrote:
I bet it would be much better if its a CGI movie, I'm just thinking about the 'hair' how in the world are they gonna do that in live action without being corny.

I know you said "without being corny," but let's face it, there's no way they can pull this movie off without it looking like a joke.

I don't know what's going to be worse, this or Speed Racer.
Bryan_Bezzle
deStructuralized wrote:
blk3 wrote:

I know you said "without being corny," but let's face it, there's no way they can pull this movie off without it looking like a joke.

I don't know what's going to be worse, this or Speed Racer.

Wow hes...an oompa loompa? lol

anyways referring to a post made a while ago about d-war...just watched the movie..probably woulda been better off if I didnt.
crimson_aria
I am not excited to see this. I am actually worried for them. It has a great potential to be so horrible. Still interesting though. Hope it will turn out good.
dcfive65ive
the movie is going to ruin the reputation of dragonball to those who don't kno what dragonballz is. if it indeed does look good then i'll watch it myself, its going to be crazy if they do continue on with a sequel etc...
chartcentral
It would be very interesting on how this movie will turn out. Skeptics might be proven wrong once the movie is shown. Smile
Bryan_Bezzle
I'm sure the nervous feeling just comes from us wanting it to be done so well. I hope they dont screw it up either but I remember saying back in the day that i wish they would make a DBZ movie.
thylac
I would much rather see a DBZ movie, as that's all I saw of the anime, which I thoroughly enjoyed when I was 14. No movie can ever be more disappointing than Super Mario Bros tho. I think this one has potential. It's like releasing a prequel before the masterpiece. I enjoy it when movies are released in the correct order. If this movie delivers, can you imagine a DBZ movie? It'd be nuts.
Dean_The_Great
Maybe in a movie the plot would move a little faster. I couldn't believe how many episodes it took for Namek to blow in Dragonball Z.

And live action? Well, that'll be hit or miss. Is it a western film? It's weird that the Japanese aren't making it. I'll be in Japan at the time of it's release, and hopefully I can manage to see an English version, or one with subtitles.
smspno
Oh, I hate Dragon Ball and all other stuff connected with it Razz. Now worth watching, I suppose.
eliteindia
I am die hard fan of dragonball series.I am also waiting for the upcoming movie.I dont know how they are going to do with the hair matter. Laughing
cosmicx
eliteindia wrote:
I am die hard fan of dragonball series.I am also waiting for the upcoming movie.I dont know how they are going to do with the hair matter. Laughing

haha, the hair matter is one of my concerns too :p
spiky and golden yellow hair for Saiya, how are they going to make it ?
I am a Dragonball series fans too...
hopefully, they can produce a good movie just like Transformers Smile
gtherockgod
Crazy, its actually happening. This movie was getting talked about back when I was still a fan, like 6 years ago.
Sidai
A Dragonball movie? Wow, that is probably a past child hood dream of mine. I was a highly devoted fan of the series in my younger years, however I do agree with a few of the comments suggesting it could be distastrous. If that may be, I will watch the movie despite; it has been many years since I've thought about Dragonball and I would love to venture into it again with a different appearance, live-action.
blk3
There used to be a Chinese movie about Dragon Ball way back , I think its the late 80s, I remember it even has the shape changing Woolong (a man dressed in a pigs costume). I wonder how it will translate now in the year 2008.
Bryan_Bezzle
They pushed the release back until april 2009 Mad
gtherockgod
Haha that they did. I dunno, i still think this movie would have done a lot better 5 or so years ago when Dragonball Z was at peak popularity in North America.