FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Check out my site

cr3ativ3
Hey, I finally got a site up of my own haha! I have been doing a lot of freelance work none for myself till now I am really please with how this site turned out I hope to make some money off of it I am just doing some advertising currently.

But anyways click the image below to view my site:

Thanks,
CEO and founder of HostShare
thewebkid
Nice, simple and clean. Great work. I like it a lot. I like green and you've used it very well. What about changing the way the links look when you hover or are on the active page? Maybe a glow or something?
cr3ativ3
thewebkid wrote:
Nice, simple and clean. Great work. I like it a lot. I like green and you've used it very well. What about changing the way the links look when you hover or are on the active page? Maybe a glow or something?

Thanks for the feedback ya I was thinking of doing something with the links towards that degree, actually i did have a rollover in the psd but I was just to lazy to implement it Razz.

Iono something with professional sites not having roll overs these days.
benjad
I think teh rollovers will be necessary so that the less intuitive people notice that there actually are links there... it would create less confusion...

table based layout.... why... why.... why...

if oysolutions is your domain name, then why not change hostshare to 'oysolutions'. the subdomain makes for a long address to put on a buisness card.

With the two boxes on the right hand side of the page, instead of making a sharp line between the two gradients, try it with a pixelated fade from one to the other. Right now, it looks very unnatural, and is not pleasing to the eye.
cr3ativ3
benjad wrote:
I think teh rollovers will be necessary so that the less intuitive people notice that there actually are links there... it would create less confusion...

table based layout.... why... why.... why...

if oysolutions is your domain name, then why not change hostshare to 'oysolutions'. the subdomain makes for a long address to put on a buisness card.

With the two boxes on the right hand side of the page, instead of making a sharp line between the two gradients, try it with a pixelated fade from one to the other. Right now, it looks very unnatural, and is not pleasing to the eye.

That's some great feed back. You've made some good points. Your right about the rollovers.

In regards to it being table based what's wrong with that? if it were div based it would look exactly the same. I am willing to bet you didn't realize it was tables till you looked at the source.

hostshare.oysolutions.com is just a temporary sub domain I will be purchasing one for hostshare, I am getting paid for some freelance work tomorrow so I will be able to put some into hostshare like purchasing a domain, some adsense etc..

that line is not sharp it's like a 10 or 20 pixel gradient lol.

Thanks,
Aaron
SamiTheBerber
cr3ativ3 wrote:
In regards to it being table based what's wrong with that? if it were div based it would look exactly the same. I am willing to bet you didn't realize it was tables till you looked at the source.

They look same, but more text is more size and more size is more load. Div's are flexible and should be used for your situation. You can browse your site with every browser very smoothly, if you use div's. You can modify the structure of your site with css, if you use div's. Div's are the way and tables are only for tables.

You have used HTML4.01 for your doctype, however you have used XHTML-common coding. Change your doctype, drop tables and get div's, fix the rest of the errors: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fhostshare.oysolutions.com%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=XHTML+1.0+Strict&group=0

The green black combination isn't easy to read. The site needs something for visual reimprovement.
jylan
I like the logo enough, but the navigation and the styling of the body text lets the site down quite a bit. I think you should downsize the navigation text a lot as well as applying a font like Helvetica, Arial or Georgia to the body text. The site could also do with a better footer, too.

Sorry for all the critique, but hey, it helps me so I think it must help other people to Very Happy
salman_500
nice work. i like the color you chose. and the logo is very nice Very Happy

But i dont like your navigation menu. the text is too big ! and they dont even look like links at first. or rather they dont look like buttons..
secondly your page is not very graphic. i'd say you use alot of images to make it more attractive. but use em where there is a need. the images you used to show servers are not very attractive. they look like an internal hardware (maybe they are :p) ... use more eye-catching images.

im not saying your site isnt good, its very nice. it just needs touching up thats it !
you can start by making the text smaller. even where u describe the plans. I like the effects you give on your boxes to the left. try to do somthing like that to the main content box too. it looks very nice ! Very Happy

oh and considering a hosting site, people dont normally read what you write on your homepage. They only want to see your plans and tariffs. so you can cut down on the intro and add some info about your packages on the homepage.... you know, write all the best features.. it tempts the visitor Razz

But really nice work. You have very reasonable packages but i dont see domain name hosting ?

Very nice work overall ! Very Happy
Insanity
The overall layout isn't too bad, but you might want to look into stylizing it more. Change up the font size for your body text and make the navigation bar at the top smaller. The Times New Roman font just doesn't work well. Also, I noticed that it's sloppy at the bottom, where it says "Terms of Service." Just a couple things to work on.
irishmark
Sorry but its dull and boring.

This site doenst inspire me to buy hosting off you at all.

There is no meat to the site, you are using Times New Roman as a font and its all to basic. There is not eneough info.

It looks like it was thrown together rather than carefully thpught through from a customer POV

take a long hard look at other hosting company websites. Try and mimic what they do in delivering the information to the customer.
benjad
Your site does have potential... keep developing it.

One last nitpicky thing.. host'share'. When discussing web hosting, a lot of folks think of 'shared' vs. 'dedicated', and shared becomes a scary term. Might not want to highlight the fact that the space is shared... it makes it sound cheap
akshayaurora
Pls tell me some good site to advertise on my site for money