FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

frih$ for points

poggendroff
i was wondering if only we could trade frih$ for points,,it would be real cool coz now,,people with more than 60$ hav less points( even in negativ)...so u shuld hav a facility where frih$ r automatically loaded up into points( 10$ = 1 point or sumthin like tht ) on request.

that wuld be real cool coz people who go on a vacation or something hav all points zeroed or negativ and they can t do anything about it. Embarassed
tidruG
Hmm... judging by Bondings' stand on this particular issue, I really doubt if Bondings will consider something like that.

Besides, you needn't worry about when you go on vacation. Just send a PM to one of the admins (preferrably to Bondings himself) that you're about to go on vacation and are likely to be inactive for a while... he'll give you some grace period depending on how active you generally are on the site.
WickedGravity
In order to gain more points, simply find a thing to talk about and post about it here on the boards. Or, if your brain is tired that day, like mine often is, simply respond to another person's thoughts on a subject with your own.

If you trade FRI$ for points, the entire purpose of the point system would be lost.
mOrpheuS
poggendroff wrote:
so u shuld hav a facility where frih$ r automatically loaded up into points( 10$ = 1 point or sumthin like tht ) on request.

If you earn 10 points & 10 FRIH$ for, say, 5 posts now;
and as you suggest, the 10 FRIH$ are loaded up as 1 point to your credit;
doesn't it mean the same thing as getting 11 points for the same 5 posts ?

What you are asking, in effect, is a small increment in the points awarded per post over the current rate. (the current rates have been decided upon after much deliberation, mind) 1.1 times the current rate to be precise.

Which doesn't sound like a very good idea.
But, to build upon your idea, perhaps a system where the FRIH$ can be loaded as points, but where the currency conversion rate is also dependent upon some other factor (for example, the user's total post count) might be good.

So, for example, a user with 1000 posts gets 1 point for 10 FRIH$ but a user with 100 posts gets only 0.5 point for 10 FRIH$

It'll become a sort of reward for older users, and might even be an incentive for user to stay on the forum for long.
n0obie4life
This will gain a 100% - no Smile.

One simple reason -- Cash is donatable.
babumuchhala
I think he means like one can trade in for some points from the mods

This will require a shop mod and then he can buy some points from the shop.

Technically not a bad idea, but practically really bad. If i have a friend whos struggling to keep his points in positive i did help him and then that will beat the basic reason for all to post

So i dont support this idea
poggendroff
Quote:
One simple reason -- Cash is donatable.

oops,,,dint quite think about that

Quote:

But, to build upon your idea, perhaps a system where the FRIH$ can be loaded as points, but where the currency conversion rate is also dependent upon some other factor (for example, the user's total post count) might be good. It'll become a sort of reward for older users

beautiful idea. Shocked

perhaps "goodwill points" shuld be added ?? Wink