FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Architect

chrisallard5454
Hello fello Frihost people. I don't know about any of you but currently I am in pursuite of becoming an architect. Yes I am only in high school but it has been my dream since I have been a little kid. Currently I am in grade 11. My courses are all University level. (Except for art which only provides college). My least favourite subject is English. Just formally. I love shakespeare. I hate writing essays. (I know I will have to do it my whole life). I am currently resided in Ontario, Canada, and plan to go to the best Engineering school in Canada; the University of Waterloo. (I hope I get in.) So post your thoughts!!!!!
crdowner
That could be a cool career. I went into computers which is what I have loved since a kid.

I am not sure how much architects get paid but I know they charge a lot for plans. If they get paid anywhere close to what they charge, you should done very well.

Good luck!
Coclus
Architect is a good job I guess. You got to be good at visualizing things, as well as plotting them down.
thejam
Hi Chris!
Chasing your dreams is good, but you have to work hard before you become a good architect. The motivation is already there. What is your favorite architect? I like Daniel Liebeskind and Ben van Berkel a lot.
websurfer80
nice.....
cloudship
what do you want to do as an architect? To design buildings or to design mechanical struction of giant constructions? Both are cool jobs but needs a lot of endurance and patience to suceed, as you are responsible for the possible aftermath of your design, and you need years of years of practice so that people will allow you to design for them, I guess.
PennyLane
If it wasn't all that difficult maths you get, I would certainly have tried it as well... But I'm bad at maths and physics.
But all the drawing must be cool and fun, same as the small houses you have to build out of cardboard and wood...
aningbo
good luck. hard work pays in the end and hope u r hard working kid....