FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Vystal(Aero in XP)

[FuN]goku
I found this today when i was re-installing stuff on my lappy and i was looking online for vista themes

http://www.vystal.de/

It's supposed to be like.. aero on xp. I havent got it yet but im gonna give er' a test run later i think.
jackill
Has anyone checked it? It looks very nice indeed...
blueray
I can not reach the site with the address.
I will check it out soon.

Thanks
bloodrider
I went to http://www.vystal.de/ and downloaded their software and "installed" it.
It's nice but it still has some bugs and I noticed some slowdowns Exclamation Having Vistal running in the background causing problems do not really appeal me Rolling Eyes
There's better software, like Windowblinds where you have Aero themes, similar enough to Vista Wink
carlospro7
this just seems pointless to me. Other than making your computer look like one of the worst operating systems around, currently, it probably slows it down too.
JayBee
It seems to be good, but its a pity I don't have any windows so I cant test it. Sad
Studio Madcrow
carlospro7 wrote:
this just seems pointless to me. Other than making your computer look like one of the worst operating systems around, currently, it probably slows it down too.

Vista may not run very well, but to accuse it of looking bad is just plain silly. It doesn't. It, in fact, looks great. Looks are the only thing they even came CLOSE to getting right with Vista. Thus, I could see the idea of backporting Vista's nice visuals to a more stable and faster base system to have quite a bit of appeal.
[FuN]goku
Studio Madcrow wrote:
carlospro7 wrote:

Vista may not run very well, but to accuse it of looking bad is just plain silly. It doesn't. It, in fact, looks great. Looks are the only thing they even came CLOSE to getting right with Vista. Thus, I could see the idea of backporting Vista's nice visuals to a more stable and faster base system to have quite a bit of appeal.
agreed. I like the whole glossy/glass effect on vista. Makes everything look alot niced Wink
adeydas
It looks great, atleast in the screenshots. However, using such softwares is not highly recommended unless you have tons of resources or don't run heavy applications. I fell into this position first when Vista was called Longhorn by Microsoft. I downloaded something called Vista Transformation Pack and installed it. It looked pretty but it slowed down my computer as well. So why go for poor performance for a better look. Since Microsoft has mastered the eye-catching section in Vista, it will probably master the performance and eye-catchy factor in Windows 7. Here's hoping for the best!!!
xbow
i can't opened it, could anyone upload it in a file share site (eg. rapidshare)
attila123
Hehe, try Ubuntu and Compiz Very Happy
Studio Madcrow
attila123 wrote:
Hehe, try Ubuntu and Compiz Very Happy

OpenSuse and the KDE 4.1 beta is working just fine for me... Wobbly windows kick ass!
achowles
Given the amount of problems the more conventional Windows Blinds has, I doubt this will work too well for most people. I don't particularly want to go messing with Windows using unofficial updates either.

That said, it does look very nice. Maybe it won't give some people too many problems, but I go through the rigmarole of reinstalling Windows enough as it is.