FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do you disable a Firewall is a modem??

jtayl153
I have a NB5 adsl 2 modem router that connects to a,D-Link DIR-120

I want to play games with my little brother but i think that it's the firewall within the D-link that is preveting me from doing this.

Does anyone know how to deactivate the firewall......

Or bypass a program through a modem?
RiCtee
You'll have to access the web interface of the modem or use telnet/command line. Most modems would have both functions but the web interface is easier to browse and configure. You'll need to know the IP address of the modem and type it in your web browser. After that you'll need to change some settings which will be be different to other modems, so I can't help you there. Check out the user guide and the support website. Very Happy
jtayl153
thanks for the assist
fadirocks
Many (if not all) DSL and Cable modems first give temp LAN ip 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x.x then try to route directly to WAN and assign the proper IP so check your router if WAN IP is exactly what it says on http://whatismyip.com/ if it is then just set router to port forward proper IPs or set your local IP to DMZ
if you have problem with router WAN then that's not fun I would try to connect to internet directly without router and setup router through Static IP or semi-static by giving DNS names for router

But I bet it's just your Dlink router is not setup properly to portforward your LAN IP