FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Creepy Crawlies?

dangerdog
Does anyone else keep any 'creepy crawlies' as pets?

I currently have a rose hair tarantula and an emperor scorpion (complete with blacklight, of course!)
and also keep and breed crickets for feeding. i'm trying to find some roaches to keep and breed, but it's proven to be a little difficult to find them lately. :p i would love to have some hissing cockroaches, but i'm so not allowed.

the tarantula is a lot of fun to feed and watch eating, and the scorpion glows a bright teal color under a blacklight. the scorpion is actually way more predictable than the tarantula, and a lot of fun to handle.

spiders? scorpions? mantises? roaches? anyone? Very Happy

glowing scorpion: http://www.lotsalegs.tenczar.net/Pimperator/blacklight1.jpg
Afaceinthematrix
I used to have thousands of those when I was little. I have no idea where any of them are, and I have no idea where the maker is anymore. I think I may have given it to one of my little cousins.
chrisallard5454
I have a spotted python, beautiful creature!
hiquality
I have 3 snails and a bunch of worms and i take care of them... my mom is disgusted but she lives with it Very Happy
zaira
i don't really imagine myself taking care of tarantulas and spiders, but i love snakes, i wish i have one. I will really buy one if my budget will be increased. I love snakes since their like gentlr creatures but purely strong and cute...
dangerdog
i'm not sure i'd count snakes in as creepy crawlies. i think they're normal enough that they have their own thread. ;D

snails and worms? Very Happy

that sounds fascinating to me, i'm definitely intrigued. i always wanted hissing cockroaches as a kid, but my parents wouldn't let me get them. there's something about raising the bugs that i absolutely love. i think my crickets might be my favorite pet.
zjosie729
I hate finding them in my house but I love to find them outside and collect them or something.
Cannara
My scorpian glows much like the picture you posted when it's under the light. Well, it did...

Yah, we had it for quite a few years, but the poor thing died...I'll miss it.
Crinoid
While it is not a spider or land-walker, the sea cucumber may be qualified as a crawler too:

Sorry for invasion, couldn't resist Laughing .