FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

C++ Software

yanter
Does anyone know where I can get a free C++ program to test some of the scripts I run?

At school, I use metrowerks codewarrior, which is very expensive.

Thanks in advanced!
Arno v. Lumig
Dev-Cpp is a nice IDE, which uses the GCC compiler. You can also download Microsoft Visual C++ Express 9.0 which is also free to use and is in my opinion better then Dev-Cpp.
kicy
In addition you could get codeblocks.. If your using sdl in your scripts then you might want to read http://lazyfoo.net/SDL_tutorials/lesson01/index.php to set up your linkers and such.
jackill
Dev-C++ is old, medieval IDE better try Visual Studio, now version 2008 is on Smile
adeydas
Try Dev C++ or download the free Borland C++ command line compiler from its site...
blueray
Or you may use the code block with ming C++ win32 port (gnu c++).
Just google the code block you will get it.

or for best work with windows system. Get a copy of visual c++ 2005 or 2008 express.
If you are new to c++ 2005 with be enought and run faster.
snowboardalliance
I like Dev-Cpp but Code Blocks is good too.
mehulved
Another option is Relo IDE, it can use both Borland C Compiler as well as gcc.
blueray
Or, if you want or wish just to test some C++ syntax scripts.
then you could download a free c++ script language called ch.

Please google it with `ch` and if I'am not forget. It is code
highlighted supported on CodeBlock.
csoftdev
visual studio express edition is available for download from microsoft website. otherwise, use gcc, which is a very common compiler for linux and can be used on windows as well.
toddler
I am using DEV C++ and it is good enough for me.
burqe
Turbo C++ 3.0 was the first program that I used to test C++. It is simple and since at his little help for code completion, so it helps developing the basic concepts of programming good.

If otherwise you have good programming understanding and want to use more professional kind of tool, Visual Studio 2005 express edition has enough features. Although you cannot use it with many other professional products.
indiabelievers
i use Dev C++, which is by far the easiest IDE to use for a beginner. you can try other ones like borland, and microsoft visual studio express.
mehulved
indiabelievers wrote:
i use Dev C++, which is by far the easiest IDE to use for a beginner. you can try other ones like borland, and microsoft visual studio express.
Well DevC++ is unmaintained and IMO it's never a good idea to start learning with anything that's unmaintained.
emem
I'm going to start learn with Eclipse, which I hope is a good idea. What do you think?
snowboardalliance
mehulved wrote:
indiabelievers wrote:
Well DevC++ is unmaintained and IMO it's never a good idea to start learning with anything that's unmaintained.

wxdevc++ is under development. It has some fixes. I still think that it's worth using even with little activity. Or go with Code Blocks.
ssthanapati
Bloodshed developer C++

I used to love that software wen i was into programming!!! Mayb u too wud like 2 give it a try