FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server 2 really slow

Vanilla
In the past days I've noticed that my site is taking more time to load. On my signature, the load average of Server 2 is really higher than usual. Do you guys know what this can be?

Thanks! Wink

P.S.: Bad english, sorry.
Scorpio
I can only assume that somebody is running heavy scripts on the server. this is quite evident from the load avgs that are in your sig as well.. Very Happy
garionw
Scorpio wrote:
I can only assume that somebody is running heavy scripts on the server. this is quite evident from the load avgs that are in your sig as well.. Very Happy

what do they mean exactly? how many page views a minute (I'm confused)
Vanilla
Scorpio wrote:

Then why they don't block who is doing this? The server is still very slow. Seems like it is getting worst.
Diablosblizz
My hosting is on server two and it is quite fast loading.
Bondings
There was an account which regularly (like every few seconds) executed a huge query examining over 250 thousand rows. This was probably one of the reasons for the high server load.
SoutlinK
Meaby the phpbb3 is other thing that cause server 2 going to slowly.

Anyway, I already unnistall it...
Vanilla
Bondings wrote:
There was an account which regularly (like every few seconds) executed a huge query examining over 250 thousand rows. This was probably one of the reasons for the high server load.

What happened to the account? Server 2 is just getting slower...
SoutlinK
Vanilla wrote:
Bondings wrote:

What happened to the account? Server 2 is just getting slower...

Too slow, about 2 mins to load my website..., and my website is too small
HalfBloodPrince
Hmm...its past 20 seconds now...
bulek
I also have problems with very often downtimes and ping-outs. Webpage also loads up very slow and it is getting worse and worse. I hope you will fix that soon. Sad
loyal
scorpio wrote:

I can only assume that somebody is running heavy scripts on the server. this is quite evident from the load avgs that are in your sig as well..

What do you define as a slowing loading average?

----------

My own site is taking about 5 seconds to load when it seems fine, and when it doesn't seem fine it times out.

I hope this problem is fixed soon.
furtasacra
I noticed my site being really slow, too, today. It's taking me FOREVER just to navigate my WordPress admin panel.
chasbeen
Unless theres a more specific thread. Server 2 has fallen over again. Laughing
It come up after 15 minutes but it is slow....
jylan
Well nothing works now (except DirectAdmin of course). My site doesn't load at all. I hope it gets fixed soon Sad
James007
Yes, it is on the slow side. Confused

I'll see what I can do in order to save the server.

(That sounds heroic Cool)
loyal
James007 wrote:

You da man!

Respect Cool

Hope it's fixed soon...did Bondings fix that account that was executing thousands of lines or something?

Peace.
furtasacra
loyal wrote:
James007 wrote:

You da man!

Respect Cool

Hope it's fixed soon...did Bondings fix that account that was executing thousands of lines or something?

Peace.

Ditto. How about getting rid of that account altogether? Is having a site that eats the server and makes everybody else's sites go down a TOS violation? If it's not, it SHOULD be.

I'm generally a pretty well-behaved Frihoster. Heck, I've even been trying to figure out how to set up a WordPress plugin that will make my site use even LESS resources than it does, and it ticks me off that I can't write in my blog at ALL because some inconsiderate jerk is crashing the server.

Meow! Hiss!
silverdown
It seem fine now, at least at my end, a few days ago it look like I was on a 56k modem.
Chris24
Mine is loading very slow as well
Utopia GFR
Hi,

I can't access my website for at least one hour the usual way even though it does work with no www protocol.

The status server looks OK.

Any explanation?

Cheers Smile

--------
Just when I posted this, I just noticed it works fine Confused

Iexplorer must be messing up (again).
silverdown
Utopia GFR wrote:
Hi,

I can't access my website for at least one hour the usual way even though it does work with no www protocol.

The status server looks OK.

Any explanation?

Cheers Smile

--------
Just when I posted this, I just noticed it works fine Confused

Iexplorer must be messing up (again).

One possibility is that someone is running heavy scripts or maybe cron jobs and it sucks the CPU usage.
Chris24
Now I can't even load my website....Is there something going on? Server down? or just my end...

There must be someone working on it, now it is comin up intermitently, or when it does it is coming up real real slow....Gueeess I will just have to be patient
loyal
Is it worth noting that http://frihost-server-status.us.to/ is timing out?

Lol, how am i supposed to know if my site is working or not without it?

Peace.
James007
We don't really know what the problem is for sure...

But we are working on it guys! Idea
Studio Madcrow
This is really annoying... Why are we letting a single script abuser kill all the other sites on Server 2?
James007
Could you PLEASE stop insinuating that this is all one user's fault? We shut that account down ages ago.
zellfaze
Do you guys collect donations? I would be willing to donate to make frih faster.
Studio Madcrow
James007 wrote:
Could you PLEASE stop insinuating that this is all one user's fault? We shut that account down ages ago.

Ahh... Then there's something strange going on.
rvec
Studio Madcrow wrote:
James007 wrote:

Ahh... Then there's something strange going on.

Good thinking Sherlock
please don't post anything in this thread (and most others) if you don't have anything to add.