FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what could this be...

Srs2388
I have been experiencing this for awhile... lately it seems to be much worse.
i am not sure if it's depression but im not sure of the symptoms of depression.
like one minute i can be happy and everything is good.
then BAM all the sudden everything sucks and im depressed as hell... sometimes it makes me not even want to live.
what in the hell is going on here?
could someone put me in the right direction here please.
here is an example... im watching some funny movie with friends at the theater.
all the sudden i have this strong urge to just cry my eyes out my friends kept asking me why i wasn't talking much and stuff.
Or ill be talking on the computer or something and it will happen again i'll be depressed again for no apparent reason.
please help and be sure to read the whole post.
thewebkid
Seems to me like it's bipolar disorder. A disorder in which a person goes from massive mania to severe depression often in a back and forth pattern. My question is why do you think you feel this way? Most of the time we don't diagnose ourselves unless we are proud of it, or are faking it. I am not accusing you of any and I am not a Therapist, but it seems like you may need professional help. I will pray for you.
Philou
Indeed seems like it : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_disorder
Srs2388
sorry i didn't reply earlier.... i have no idea.
like one day this week. i woke up i was happy in a good mood by the time i got up and dressed i was so down i just went back to bed and laid there almost all day.
i have taken xanax and it helped me a little. but it makes me really sleepy.
i dont know what to do.
not to say you are wrong i took an online bipolar test and i 'passed' like it didn't show i had it
but the depression test however... i had 8 out of 10 and it says 5 or more you have depression.
it isn't an everyday thing though.
it's weird
here is how it happens...
I was at the movies with some friends (this wasn't a sad movie) and i was all in a good mood...
then all the sudden i had this urge to bawl my eyes out... i was so down.
i managed to hide it from my friends though.
Drawingguy
No, I doubt it's bipolar disorder. Manic depression, or bi polar disorder, does not involve mood swings so rapid in nature- yes, you vary from extreme to extreme, in terms of moods, but not over those almost instantaneous times to which you referred.
Srs2388
like I just want it to get better... any ideas on how to get rid of it when it comes along?
jsymac
The only way your going to find out for sure what it is and get it sorted is to see a professional,
Get yourself to your doctor and he should be able to help if not he'll refer you to someone who can.
I hope you get sorted soon.
urbanbuddha
Drawingguy wrote:
No, I doubt it's bipolar disorder. Manic depression, or bi polar disorder, does not involve mood swings so rapid in nature- yes, you vary from extreme to extreme, in terms of moods, but not over those almost instantaneous times to which you referred.

I agree with you. Bipolar disorder is not something that would cause drastic mood swings in the span of just a few hours or with several bouts of depression that last for moments. Usually they are periods of extreme elation and depression.

I would suggest seeing a clinical psychologist about this before seeking advice from people who are unqualified to give you a diagnosis. Usually there are a lot of other things to consider before labeling someone with a mental disorder.
Srs2388
thanks... id go but when i was in a wreck they fired me because i couldn't work and now i have no insurance at all... and no income at all and the surgeon told me i'd never work again...
so i really don't know what i could do Sad
benjmd
Are you in the US? I think it is illegal in the US to fire someone when they are temporarily disabled due to injury, whether on or off the job. You would have had to have committed crime or something in the process.
Srs2388
I am a US citizen have been all my life. I didn't commit any crime...
they said i haven't been working long enough to get the benefit of any company convenience like medical leave.
anonex
It sure isnt a clinical disorder. But i would go out and talk to a psychologist about it.