FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can it be possible?

ciureanuc
Hello,
I want to insert on my website a guest book but I don't know/want to use MySQL... can I do it only with HTML, CSS? I am not interested in "registered users" to write or to store names and addresses... just simple comments... well?
Thanks!
GB
I don't think there is a way to do it purely in html as you need some type of handler to post the comment. I believe you can do this with Javascript, though. In 10 seconds I found this one through Google. Don't know if it works, though. However, I'm sure there are plenty of other ones that you can find through Google.

Good luck!
ciureanuc
Thank you very much. So stupid am I.... GOOGLE!! Smile
I was talking with all my friends and ALL said that a guestbook require MySQL because you need to log in and so and so...
By requesting an answer to my problem here, I thought that I will get an response from a programmer who can modify a regular one, "just for me"... stupid, isn't it?! Smile
Please excuse, I am just a beginner in web...
escritor
It's the second time I suggest this site at this forum: http://services.infinitefx.co.uk/guestbook.asp. It's free and they don't put advertisement on your code.

The guestbooks are fully customisable to allow them to be easily and seemlessly integrated into your website.

Create an account there, choose the colours and so, copy the code, paste it on your site and voilà.
zjosie729
You can probably use PHP + XML to make one