FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

your ideas on current layout (part 2)

inphurno
hi everyone, so i've changed somethings on the site according to what people said on the site and suggestions that i received for my friends. the amount of text on each page has been reduced and now there are sub menus to help split up the text. i was told that i should do that to make it all easier to read and make it more paletable/scare less people with too much reading.

i've made a small flash video, reduced the size of the top banner and tried to add small icons here and there. also we now have automatic language detection from the browser so the first page for chosing the language is gone. a lot of small things basically.

there were several comments about the colours used and the fact that nothing stands out. i dont know if i mentioned it before but i'm not an artist so i dont really know how to draw or anything and i'm also pretty colour blind. some people said it was good or ok so i dont know really how to proceed on this issue to make the site more interesting on a visual level.

once again i will issue a call for your opinions, also i would like to thank those that answered the last post. your posts help improve the site and thusly help fight climate change, so dont be shy cause i need your help to succeed!

English: http://whatsyourimpact.co.nr/
Francais: http://votreimpact.co.nr/
GDFC
I like the layout very much. You did a great job with the navigation. Congrats!
Donutey
Much improved, the only thing I would change would be to make the background of the sub-menus non-transparent (so that they are always readable), and to move the "Want to Learn More" menu to the top of the right hand column.

I like the citations, and the very consistent color scheme, it helps to pull the site together.