FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what was your first pc

tmorse
mine was a Atari 800 XL

with 16 mags of ram and man back then it was smoking

and some of the games where zork , digdog, Space Invaders
Josso
Macintosh Performa 400

16 mhz CPU, 80mb hard drive Laughing

It was great I used to play 3 in 3, A-10 attack, mac pipes, The Incredible Machine, Sim City 2000 etc
Dean_The_Great
Classic 286. Ran on Dos, couldn't even tell you the specifications (I was 7, Christmas gift)

Then I bought my first pentium computer a few years later!!

p100
8mb ram
1mb video
350mb Hard Drive.
12x CD Drive.

Oh yeah, that was a great machine.
Liceneus
tmorse wrote:
mine was a Atari 800 XL

if it was pc then... But i love it Smile

after than 286, 386, 486 bla bla...
asim
hi,

i dont know what was my configuration... but it ran on dos... and used to bood from a floppy disk Very Happy ... hahahha i would love to get back my pc.... i still think about it... ahhh my pc
lethaltriad
such a long time ago.. the most i can probably remember are..

it was a 486 and probably 16 megs of ram and it was running microsoft windows 3.1 lol
Futile
My first computer was a Trash 180. Radio Shack TRS-180 for those of you not in the know. I then upgraded to an Apple IIe. Followed that with a Commodore 64 then an Amiga 128. Damn, I am really showing my age here.
neji
Futile wrote:
My first computer was a Trash 180. Radio Shack TRS-180 for those of you not in the know. I then upgraded to an Apple IIe. Followed that with a Commodore 64 then an Amiga 128. Damn, I am really showing my age here.

Friend of me just bought a comodore 64 for 10 couple days ago! Surprised

I'm afraid i don't know the specs anymore. I do know i had a Pentium2 later and after that a 4 @ 2.4ghz with an crappy old video card. (16mb ram. After all that a AMD 3800+ 64 and some more stuff in the name, 1 gig ram) and now also running a MB (new one with a 2,2-GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 2 gigs ram)

Planning to buy an new pc do.
Seiji
I didn't get a computer until 2001 which was an HP that had 128MB Ram....thats all I remember. It lasted awhile then I got another (which just failed on me a week ago) and now I have my current new one.
Agent ME
160 mghz processor running Windows 98, with 28.8k dial-up. Was slow as anything could be, I think it almost took 10 minutes to boot up. I'd be surprised if it had 64mb ram or more.

I can't believe I ever could use such a slow, unresponsive system...
HalfBloodPrince
Agent ME wrote:
160 mghz processor running Windows 98, with 28.8k dial-up. Was slow as anything could be, I think it almost took 10 minutes to boot up. I'd be surprised if it had 64mb ram or more.

I can't believe I ever could use such a slow, unresponsive system...

In 10 years, people will say that about today's computers. Wink
Zombie
I started off with some 486 with 32mb ram and a 300mb harddrive. However, before that my parents acquired a commodore 64 which unfortunately we sold.
andy26
mine was a amstrad pc3210 or something like that, ahh the memories of playing elevator.
Aless
Our first computer was in 1989 and I was too young (5) to know or care what it was. However, I do remember it running a very ancient version of MS-DOS and the infamous Dr Halo (pre-MS Paint) program. Wicked! Smile
MrBlueSky
The first PC we had (not the first computer) was a Mitac. 7 Mhz, 640 kb memory. 20 Mb harddisk, and a monochrome display. Pretty advanced in those days Rolling Eyes
standready
Showing age here. My first computer was a Timex-Sinclair 1000. Laugh all you want. But the darn thing was only $80. REAL computers were in the thousands. Got a used Radio Shack TRS80? after that. Got into music and used an Apple IIse with my keyboards. Had a 8087-10 with a 10 meg HD.
Oh, the memories! Wait, that last one only 640k max - YIKES!
[FuN]goku
uh, commodore64 or vic20.. cant remember.
Srs2388
some dell... i don't really remember it was a smoking computer back then...
now it wouldn't be all that great. i don't remember the specs but it was about 8 years ago so they couldn't be great these days.
doppleganger
it was a pc - at dats all i remember
SpellcasterDX
I got my first pc in 2004. It was a Gateway. I don't remember the specs, though, sadly. But I know it was good and it did the job.
riv_
Commodore 64.
And we were "so cool" because we were the first ones in the neighbourhood to have a computer. And for a long time the only people we knew with a computer only had a Vic20. And the technology was moving so slowly that it wasn't obsolete 2 years later. People were just asking "Should I buy a Commordore or a Tandy?" (because they were cheap)
Yup, back in those days, floppy disks were for uber-geeks. We only had a cassette drive (no kidding) for years! It took 20 minutes to load a game. And it was years later when "Windows" was a breakthrough idea that was still theoretical.
But it was cool, beceause EVERYONE learned BASIC in school. And anyone could learn to program!
Thanks guys, now I feel OLD!!!
Shewolf
I got my first very own computer in 2003, I think. It was a iMac G4, one of the most beautiful computers ever made. I still got it, and use it a lot Very Happy
HDirtwater
riv_ wrote:
Commodore 64.
And we were "so cool" because we were the first ones in the neighbourhood to have a computer. And for a long time the only people we knew with a computer only had a Vic20. And the technology was moving so slowly that it wasn't obsolete 2 years later. People were just asking "Should I buy a Commordore or a Tandy?" (because they were cheap)
Yup, back in those days, floppy disks were for uber-geeks. We only had a cassette drive (no kidding) for years! It took 20 minutes to load a game. And it was years later when "Windows" was a breakthrough idea that was still theoretical.
But it was cool, beceause EVERYONE learned BASIC in school. And anyone could learn to program!

Don't feel bad. This was the first computer I remember having (I was in 6th grade or so I think). I actually took a class in "basic" becuase computers were probably going to be a permanant thing...lol.

Here's a trip down memory lane:
KatanaSky
tmorse wrote:
mine was a Atari 800 XL

I don't remember the exact model or anything... but I know it was a Mac. It was the old type where you had to insert a system floppy disk to get it started. I remember playing a golf game on it and randomly typing in a word processor.

I remember having to switch our floppy disks to get different programs running.
jtayl153
mine was a Optima something or other.

with 2Gb of ram

64GB hard disk

512Mhz
ForceRun
I grew up on Macs but my first computer that I bought for myself was a PIII 800 with a Nvidia GeForce 2 , and SB Live. It is still running today, my little sister plays Maxis: Sims on it.
Fishbowl444
I forget... Sad
Xzoz
My first computer was some pretty bad machine, think our family got it back in '94-'96 I remember playing some game on it and messing around with some swedish version of sim city but not much else.
2000 we got a dell with a P3 800mhz, 256mb ram, 128mb videocard and 20gb hardrive, was a real monster back then, was the coolest kid on the block for a while Very Happy
now 2006 I finally got myself a new one, broke down in may 2007 and now I'm on my fourth computer ever Laughing Think the life-span of my computers is going down fast, already planning on getting a new one half a year after I got this monster...

And yes I too feel old...
xav90
My first computer was a 333mhz CPU with a 16mo GPU ^^

It works still now !
hlavco
We had a Gateway 2000 somethingorother with Windows 95. I loved all the cow spots on the box it came in, which we still use for storing Christmas decorations. The thing held about 800mb... we could keep three games on it at a time. Then we got LEGO Island, which took up two games' worth of space, which was annoying. We still own the computer, and it actually runs pretty fast.
dayveday
I remember my first PC was a computer my Dad bought home from work. It had the PIC operating system on it, and it was so amazing that it could drive two separate keyboard/monitor pairs at once - amazing! I still remember all the old ASCII games that we used to play on it, including Robots and horse racing...

Soon after that was an Apple IIe... wow, that was exciting stuff!
PatTheGreat42
It was a Tandy from Radio shack.

I mean, that thing was SWEET. It had (I'm going to let this sink in for ya) color. Color, dagnabbit! That's amazing. So crazy. I used to play Ernie's Rubber Duckie adventure. I'm tellin' ya, those were the days. The sweet days, the glorious days.

I think we even had a printer for the thing. Don't remember ever really printing anything for it, unfortunately. I'm sure it would have impressed some people.
newso
About 10 years ago now. I brought a packard bell for 599.99.

Got a rubbish 15" CRT monitor
256mb RAM
8GB Hard Drive
600 Mhz Celeron Processor
64mb On Board Graphics

how times have developed lol.
Felippos
My first computer was made at 1996.. It was very good with 2gb memory, 64mt ram and 300mhz?
Aredon
I seem to recall 166Mhz Processor, but I can't remember RAM or OS... Probably because the processor speed was printed in huge letters on the front of the machine whenever it booted up. I do remember that it was running Windows 95.

PS Lego Island was a sweet game back in the day Very Happy
evilryu530
intel pentium one

64 megs of ram

200 megabites

awesome! i loved this thing. had photoshop 3 on it. good stuff. man times have changed. it costed 2 grand. darn! should have waited huh...
cleggster83
My first computer was a home built computer with 10gb hdd, 128mb ram.
blindmonk
A compaq presario in 2000. It had a nvida 440mx 64 megs graphics card a 1.3 gig processor and 256 megs of ram. Man i hated that computer it seemed like I had to reformat it 7 times a year and I was so new to the computer that I didn't know what I was doing exactly.
tempdbs
My First PC was Pentium III with just 20GB HDD and 128MB RAM.

Wonder how we worked on it.... Precious PC... Smile
the-guide
My frist PC was Apple II, it came with 8 bits Motorolla CPU (I can't remembet the code number may be it is Motorolla 68000) and two of 5.25 inches 360 kb floppy disk drives (yes that's not wrong typing it's only 360 kilobytes for each), no hard drive and cirtainlly... not to talk about cd/dvd, the output devices are only 12" monochrome monitor and 8X8 dot metrix impacted Epson printer. Apple II run only Dos operating system, no Windows at that time. Some application applied are Visical, dBase, ... and some are self written using BASIC computer language.
carlospro7
it was a powerspec. i can't remember the specs or any of that as I didn't know anything about computers then, and that was about 11-12 years ago.
gr8inferno
hmm I don't even remember but it was Macintosh 16g some around that area.
biljap
I had my first computer about 10 years ago. It was Pentium I, I don’t remember how much memory it had but hard drive was 1GB and 133 MHz processor. It was hard keeping all my stuff on hard disk because installed programs took half of disk’s space…
liorhm
Mine was a 80286, it's not the oldest you can find, but it was a real piece of junk Very Happy
darkeagle
Year 1998

Pentium III 667 MHz

32 MB GeForce VGA with 3D Eyeglasses

64 MB 100 MHz SD Ram

16 GB Seagate HDD

This was the best computer...
pocky_ninja
TK-90X ... good Lord that was a loooong time ago!!!! =P
itolerance
hi...

my first pc was intel celeron 333mhz with 32 mb ram 4 gb harddisk... this is all i remember
zjosie729
We got this awful, used, messed up computer that didn't even really work. It was in 2000. And all I did (and could do) on it was practice typing.
Bigrazer
I Bought my first computer eight years ago. It was pentium III, Riva tnt 32, 64Mb of ram and a 4 speed cd recorder (in my country it was wery expensive, I was proud for my cd-recorder Wink )
mawfia
Haha i think a few people dated themselves by posting their pc. My first pc was the family pc a Gateway 2000 computer with 266 MHZ Pentium II with windows 98 I believe with 64 MB of memory and a sub Riva tnt graphics card to boot.
joncom
intel pentum 2 Smile
black1029
my first personal computer is pentuim II... it was first year college now i have intel celeron D now im pursuing to buy a core 2 dou laptop or desktop.... Very Happy Very Happy
fengtai
I do not know my computer disposition. Because my computer is my friend helps me to dispose. Smile
watersoul
Mine was a Dragon32 (based on the insides of a Radio Shack TRS-180) with a massive 32Kb of memory Laughing
Games were either typed in code from a book for what seemed forever, or loaded via a cassette-tape player plugged into it. When loading, which could take a whole 90 minute tape, no-one would dare to move or go near the thing as the slightest interference from a bumped cable would often cause it to crash!
At the time it was magic though, and very fond memories live in my heart for it. If I saw one for sale I'd be tempted for nostalgia's sake.
...hmm, might check ebay now I've thought of it Smile
cLean
WOWz0r we are really discussing this! This is awesome! i love old computers.

My Parents owned couple pcs The first one i played on was a 1.3 Mac i belive lol.. i dunno really wut it was.. Than my dad got a

Hewlett Packard

333 MHZ
64 SDRAM ( lol ) my video card has more than that Razz
STANDARD SOUND
STANDARD VIDEO
UNNO VIDEO

HE STILL USES THIS THING.. REFUSES to USE ONE OF MY OLD PC'S I have a 1.2 AMD anthlon. But he did let me put some ram in it for him! Very Happy

I BUILT MY FIRST PC! so kewl yuh? lol Razz ( don't hate ( i got my hatta blockas on) )

Well !!MY!! First PC was

900 MHZ
512 SDRAM PC850
CD BURNER HELL YEAZ!! -- N4P573R PWNED ME BACK THEN ( excuse this please )
aBit mobo
300 watt powersuppy
VooDoo 3000+
Audigy MP3+ EAP Sound Card! THAT WAS TOP NOTCH THEN

Can't think of nething else I STILL have that badass thing.. I duct taped the case and Painted a Cs logo on it! so its all Styling! CS WAS DA BOMB !

Im going to take a picture of it and post up on here to let all you drowl, over the leetnees

BTW: I had a keyboard with hacker Language then too That was the leetess piece of hardware / software anyone can own Ill take a pic STILL GOT!

Yes its confusing and have multiple numbers lol! I MADE! out of 3 keyboards[/u][/i]
waikiki
dunno but ITS GREAT im running with it for....15 years now.. got it when i was 10
friuser
My family had an atari 64 and we use to play games on it like bruce lee in old fashion 5 inch floppies which was cut on the side so it can be double sided, lol. The next real computer was a pentium 133 which is still working today except for the harddrive. That cost nearly 2000 dollars.

Fun topic. I use to tie up the phone lines cause I would be playing games or connecting to a bulletin board. Those were the days. The innocence and crashing browsers by loading an animated gif file multiple times.
hofodomo01
Lol. Hmm, this was like, 1994, but we had some form of computer than ran windows 3.1

I was like, WHOA, i can PAINT stuff.

The first actual computer I used extensively was a pentium 2 compaq I got in like, 1998 for 2000 CAN. Supposedly, I was pentium 2, but when i jacked open the case years later, it was some weird random processor...
IceCreamTruck
I remember when my dad brought home a 386 processor machine (IBM) that actually had like six colors it could display (red, green, blue all text!!). Graphics really weren't "in" yet, and if a game did have a splash screen then it was colored text to make an image (remember those days?)

__I__BBB___M____M__
__I__B__B__MM__MM__
__I__BBB___M_MM_M__
__I__B__B__M__M__M__
__I__BBB___M_____M__

Like that. lol!!!

The first computer that I owned myself was a Packard Bell. Oh yeah!! It was top of the line for about a nanosecond and I think they actually had a recall on the product I bought, but I found out about it years later. You'd think I would have gotten a mailer or something... it's not like I didn't register the computer.

I learned a lot about computers from that crappy machine because it was crappy. I had to replace the CD drive, and when I finished that the motherboard went bad. After the M.B. I upgraded the memory and by the time I was done with that I was helping other people fix their computer problems. One thing lead to another...

I guess you could say that I owe my career to Packard Bell's inability to make a good/working/reliable computer. Packard Bell was either bought or went bankrupt a while ago now. Wow, it's been since 1999 or 2000 right?

Gosh, this topic did a good job of making me feel old.

BTW, newso, my packardbell was less than 400mhz and it was rockin for it's day!! I spent my money on the processor and big hard drive. Not graphics. Screaming 400Mhz and something like 8 gigs of hard drive (couldn't afford the 10 gig HD). oh yeah! those were the days. about the same price tho if you translate pounds to dollars.
iamarun
My frist computer that i brought was in the year 2003. I bought one of the best computers in the city, i spent more than 2300$ for my first desktop.

I bought it from a city which is around 1000km from my home town.

I bought a 17" Samsung Monitor,
Asus motherboard with AMD Processor,
512mb Ram
80gb Hard disk,
24x CD Writer,
64mb N-vidia Graphic Card

with Creative Inspire 4.1 Speakers

I have had one of the best of its kind in my town.
salman_500
i dont remember wat pic it was... but i remember playing a game on it.. you were a fireman in a fire truck and you had to use left and right keys to align the ladder to the windows so that the people could climb down the ladder...

it was sooooo fun !!!! lol
i used to wake up on it... eat on it... sleep on it ! lol

if someone knows the games name... id love to know it !!! Very Happy
intruder_indeed
Mine was a 486 32mb ram Pentium 160mhz processor with an 850mb hard drive. It cost 1,400 back in 1999. Absoloutly shocking when you consider what you could get today for the same money.
makemeinsecure
mine had a 256mb ram with 80gb HDD
INTEL PENTIUM 4
BPrice
mine was a top of the range compaque pressario plaza with cdrom drive windows 95and I can't remember the rest of the specs.

well maybe not quite top of the range but I thought it was when we got it.
intruder_indeed
makemeinsecure wrote:
mine had a 256mb ram with 80gb HDD
INTEL PENTIUM 4

Man some peeps are real lucky to have such pleasures Laughing Being your first PC I take it your not that old then?
evilryu530
first pc was a built one, pentium 1, 64 megs of ram, and 100 meg hard drive. windows 98. sweet machine! Arrow Wink
sonam
My first computer is Commodore 64 and hhahhahhahhah.... Nice remembers. With computer I got lot of friends daily in my house...... And, some games for this time are realy very good and nice.

Sonam
hunnyhiteshseth
My first computer was a 486DX 100 MHz with 8MB RAM , 272MB HDD and 14" CRT monitor. It had DOS 6.22 installed.

Later I upgraded( Shocked, yes they were also upgraded Laughing ) to Windows 3.1 or windows 3.11(I do not remember exactly)

Then next upgrade was I think when that 8MB RAM failed and I had to upgrade to 16MB RAM

Last upgrade was when I got a 16color color monitor.

I had bought a 33.6k dial-up modem but besides little fun and phone tapping I could not get internet to work on it.

And that was it. In 2003 I bought my new and current computer.

Just the next day, when I had copied data from my old computer to new one, the old harddisk crashed. Crying or Very sad

hofodomo01 wrote:
Lol. Hmm, this was like, 1994, but we had some form of computer than ran windows 3.1

I was like, WHOA, i can PAINT stuff.

I think it must be 486. As i also had my computer around that time.
missdixy
an oooold apple computer.
it was so slow haha.
hpphkl
I had beautifull Commondore 128 D and I used it untill we bought P3 with Windows 98. I loved my Commondore, miss my casette drive and hitting my Commondore when it didn't work=)
Summer
I am late. My first was a microsoft windows millenium edition. 4GB HDD, cd-rom, no usb, lousy speakers Very Happy
ozziejim
haha, my first pc was a commodore 64 back in the 80's, i remember typing in a million commands to try and get a game running, i had no idea what i was doing, but i had amazing games like space invaders and frogga, and hi tech word processors like turbo pascal, bring back the commodore, a computer isnt a computer unless you have to bash it to get it working. Smile
j_f_k
crickey how many people had C64's as their first machine. snap! I'm quite proud of hte first computer game I wrote on it (texas breakout) in C64 basic saved to cassette tape.

After using IBM Mainframe 3270s at work at the time (the green screens) the whopping 16 colours available to the C64 just seemed so way cool. (I think it was 16, may be out of a pallette of 256 I totally can't reember now, but pretty sure that was how many could be displayed on thje screen at one time).

funny how I wasn't happy photoshopping something the other day, couldn't work out what was just not making it look right till i realised hte disaply setting had somehow gone to 65K colours. How times have changed!
j_f_k
ozziejim wrote:
haha, my first pc was a commodore 64 back in the 80's, i remember typing in a million commands to try and get a game running, i had no idea what i was doing, but i had amazing games like space invaders and frogga, and hi tech word processors like turbo pascal, bring back the commodore, a computer isnt a computer unless you have to bash it to get it working. Smile

hhhhmm i know what you mean. The good thing about the C64 was that It may not work but you knew where you stood with it and it could be made to work (unless the cassette reader went or some hardware prob cropped up). Compare and contrast to Windows XP where, for example, you plug in a device into the USB without installing the driver first, for example, or one of 100 other problems and you're screwed big time!
ainieas
My first PC is kinda recent - PIII, 64MB RAM, 20 GB HDD. Infact I still have it back home, much has changed though!!

Can you believit right now I'm working on a PII machine!
Dbarkol
I remember Mine was a 486
Adeya
I don't remember my first computer, I was around 5 or 6. I don't think it was that old. It might have had around a 200Mhz cpu and 60Mb-1Gig. I remember playing some games on it but the names escape me.
bigdan
It would've been around late 1996-early 1997, probably earlier...

A Cyrix P166 with 16 megs of ram and Windows 95. And a hard drive that wasn't that big.
skygaia
My first coputer was samsung spc-1000. I bougt it about 24 years ago....
it was very expensive at that time... I'm not sure.. but, in my memory, it was alomost $500.
If you are young then you can't imagine the spec of that computer.... it was 8bit computer and there was no hard driver and no floppy disk. there was only cassete tape recorder as a recording device. At that time there was no GUI O.S like windows so I had to use onle DOS. Most programs were made by BASIC(an old computer language, very simple) with assembler.
Hm..... As I mentioned it above, there was no hard drive , there was only 64KB memory in it. 32KB of it was used as a system area. so I could use only 32KB memory as a RAM.
Can you imagine what you could do with 32KB. very few........
But there were really smart guys.. some guys used to make a game program with just one line...
Well, many of them might be working for MS now... Laughing
redchic
my first pc was a clone. ... really dont remember the specs. the first machine i could remember was the one i built, msi board, 40gig hard drive, 1.6 athlon processor.... cd burner, dvd burner... a few parts are still alive lasted me a good while too
adri
My first PC was from my dad, It was with a Intel processor and motherboard CD-RW (build in later) and floppy. The system was Windows 98. I was very happy about it, because i could play all the games with that computer (the games before 2001). Now he is 10 years old and still running, but no-one uses the computer anylonger... (too slow)

Adri
Donutey
Well a comodore 64/128 doesn't really count as a pc I guess. The first pc we ever had was in 1995 with a p133 gateway 2000 box, which lasted until 2003 (when it got cannibalized for the case).

Both the printer and the 17" monitor that came with it are still in use. In the meantime we've gone through two monitors and two printers since then, they really don't make pc stuff like they used to.
refreshx
My first PC was this same exact PC I'm using right now.
It's a real piece of junk.
It was originally a Windows 95 until my mom's friend, Do, upgraded and fixed everything for me.
Only problem is is that the total hard drive memory is 18.6 gigabytes.
An iPod Video has more memory than my computer ):
cloudship
Oh, ja, there're quite a lot I can talk about my first computer, Smile

I bought it in a secondhand computer store. It was a IBM all-in-one computer, with 486 CPU, 16 Mega ROM and 320Mega HD. And what was that time amzaing is that, it includes an integrated microspeaker and 2X CDROM together with the machine. I can control the volume directly from the CDROM panel, and no bother in Windows 95 interface.

However, it ends up with a overburned mainboard, as I guess there are two many parts connected on it and the power is overloaded. The most enjoyful thing I did on my computer is to practice DOS commands and play some games with Mouse operation, which was cool and new at that time Laughing
bonestorm74
Well mine goes back a way. It was around 1992 (previous to that I had owned a Vic 20, Commodore 64 and Amiga) and I think it might have been a mighty 16 Mhz PC. Not exactly sure but it was around that.

I had a 40 Mb hard drive. At the time I thought this was really huge. A mate of mine bought a computer a year later, and bought a 200 Mb drive with it. I told him he was crazy, and that he would never fill up 200 Mb. How times have changed.

I don't remember too much else about it. I ran DR DOS I think. Played the Secret of Monkey Island II and loved it, lots of great memories there.
eliteindia
Well mine is 256MB ram HCL beanstalk pc.It comes with a gigabyte motherboard and 2.4GHz processor. Cool
paulrichy
ZX Spectrum 48K back in around 82/83 ish with the rubber keyboard... Upgraded to the Grey 128 then the +2A and +3 then moved to the Amiga / Comoder range 500 / 500+ 600 1200 and the 4000. Finally moved to the PC 166+ many moons ago with the Blobbys it was easier then floppies, also had an E-mac for a year or so move finally moved back to the PC..
ZenFountain
IBM PC Jr.

Was our first family computer. The first computer I owned for myself was a donated Apple LCII.

The first PC I built for myself used an AMD K6-2, Asus motherboard, Voodoo2, PC-100 RAM, 10GB Quantum Fireball drive and *gasp* a 19" monitor! I remember it being such a bitching PC back in the day and the envy of every aspiring nerd.

Laughing
svtns
Old amd 2800+, was my first pc which I actually built together when I was 12, so I consider that being my first pc =)
JohnCarlo
Don't have my own pc yet, wish to have one someday.
arquivo
I had a pentium 233 MMX... after some updates it was with 128MB RAM and a 10Gb Hard Disk...
Old, but strong enough to make even some 3D works what I did...and I stop to work in it only 5 years ago...
Todays some people seems think the computer will do the work for then... somethings like, I need an 100'' screen to work better... and some guy in the most simple computer of the world, using the paint can make an art or text better...
I think first we need use our MIND and after or RAM
dukieboy
this was in 1998, i dont remember the details exactly but here goes:

650mhz amd processor
32 mb ram
3 gb hardisk
1cd rom

it did handle some softwares which at that time are very processor intensive like adobe photoshop and it gave a lot of crashes as well hehe.
geschichteonline
my first pc was an IBM with 12z Monitor and 40MB Disk.
ankitdatashn
Well I remember I was the first one in my class who had a pesonal computer in the house. I was always famous for that!! Wink.

From that time till now many computers have changed. The first personal computer I had(or rather we had cauze it was preferably for my big brother) was a 400 Mhz something. I don't know about the intel version, it must have been pentium-1.
It had about 20 GB hardisk, and 128 MB ram.

Then I had a pentium-2, it had 192 MB Ram used it for some time after which it got transferred to my uncle's office.

Now I am having a Pentium -4 with 256 MB ram, it is 2+ Ghz.

I remember My uncle had a computer with 16 MB RAM!! and 2 GB Hard disk
Bluedoll
I had a compaq all in one pc sorry forget the name but it had windows 3.1 I do remember that. What I also remember is it never failed me even once. Yes, it was slow for I had bought this printer and after and extensive document with tons of graphics I printed it only to find the labour involved took all morning but it did it. Same for downloads of the internet. Say leave it on all night to get what you want and if it didn't well there is always to-night. All in all, I never recall seeing one error message, nor the word upgrade. That should tell you something right?
Stevezorr
I do not remember the exact configuration of my very first one, but I remember my second one. It was an IBM I believe, that ran on Windows 95. It was a pretty up-to-date computer, I can still remember the night my dad had set it up. Good times...
tony
tmorse wrote:
mine was a Atari 800 XL

Nice! Mine was a gateway laptop. I don't remember the processor specs but it did have 8MB ram, and a 500mb hard drive, and ran Microsoft windows 95!
FriBogdan
I've bought my pc 5 years ago.

AMD Thund. XP 2000+
256 RAM (now 512)
HDD 40 GB (now 440 GB)
15" CRT screen
Video Card with 64 MB ram, 64 bits. Still got this.

So... this was my first PC. Probably it runs better than a badly administrated PC from this year Very Happy
MarzEz
omg. i open up this forum and the first thing i see is josso's old lc.
that was my first computer, 80mb HDD too. it broke years ago, though, and it was a family computer. the first computer that i, myself owned, was a 400mhz pII, 128mb ram, 80gb hdd.
clickworld
My first pc

1700Mhz Celeron
250Ram
20GB
17" sony monitor
ashish2005
My first pc was an assembled computer with 40 GB hard disk, 128 MB ram, intel pentium III - 1 GHz, 14 inch CRT monitor. I got it more than five years ago and was so happy when I got my own computer. Guess what: I'm still using the same computer till this day.
radzz
FINAL BUILD SPECS:

- Antec 900 Gaming Case

- ABS Tagan BZ800w PSU

- ASUS Striker II Formula 780i

- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz 6MB L2

- Tuniq 120LFB CPU fan

- Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800 2GB (2x1GB)

- eVGA nForce 8800GTX

- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB 32MB cache HDD

- Samsung SH-203N 20x DVD (DL) burner with Light Scribe

- Mitsumi Floppy+Media Reader

- 2 x SATA II data/power cables, an extra 120mm crystal/blue led fan, and a free 1GB flash drive

- Dell Ultra Sharp 2208WFP

- Dell AS501 Sound Bar

- XP Pro

Total Price: $1900 (Including all taxes and shipping, and minus rebates)

-zac
jtayl153
My first PC was a Optima something or other and, had a 512 Mhz Processor ND 64 mb OF RAM, it was preloaded with with Windows 98

It crashed DAILY and recently the processor died.

Ha!! Twisted Evil
secondeye
my 1st personal computer was intel
3.0 giga hertz
20 Giga byte of harddisk
128 mega byte of randon access Memory (ram)
Super video graphic array
Read and write compact disk read only memory.
Local area network with modem
Davidgr1200
It depends what you class as a PC. If you mean what was the first home computer I had, then the answer is a Sinclair ZX80. I seem to recall it cost about 100 and had 4 kb of memory. To store things permanently you needed to connect a cassette recorder. It was great fun, by I prefer my current PC!!
KronikSindrome
a Hewit Packard.....I opted to get that instead of going on an
art trip to ittillay (that's when comps were 2,000 bucks) --
I was 12 and while it did open up a lot of things to me....
I wish I had gone to Itilay instead
uuuuuu
Looking at some of these posts makes me feel ancient, and I'm still in my 20's!

My first PC was a Commodore 64:

MEMORY 64K RAM
ROM 20K ROM Standard (includes operating system and BASIC interpreter)
MICROPROCESSOR 6510A Microprocessor - 1.02 MHz clock
Compatible with the 6502
DISPLAY 40 Columns X 25 lines of text
COLORS 16 Background, border and character colors

My second PC was an IBM PC Jr:

Original Price: $1300 with 64K and one floppy drive, no monitor
CPU: Intel 8088, 4.77 MHz
Memory: 64K expandable to 256K
Operating System: IBM PC-DOS (Microsoft MS-DOS)
Input/Output: Cassette port; joystick port; RGB monitor port; composite video output; wired keyboard port; infrared keyboard receptor

Which I used until Intel released the Pentium Pro (Pentium with many MMX instructions built in).

With a total of 5 computers in 25 years, or 5 years per computer, give or take.

How many computers have others owned, sequentially?

Who has gotten the most use out of each computer?

Who has replaced their computers most often?

These questions are more interesting to me.
draganuta
Pentium 3 450mhz
nvidia tnt2 m64 (32 mb)
32 mb ram
10 gb hard-disk
vineeth
I bought (actually "got") it in 2002 or 2003. The specifications were as follows...

Intel Pentium III Speed I can't remember
64 MB RAM (For this, I had to fight with my father! He told I only require 32 MB !!!
20 GB HDD (I was never able to fill it)
Display (What's that???)
Floppy Drive
CD Reader
Internal Modem

Mind, I had all these atleast in a country which started internet service for public in 1995 only !
djcaution
hahaha. And IBM XT. Kickin dual 'hi-fidelity' hehe 5 1/4 inch floppy drives, and a monochrome monitor. Running DOS. BOOYAKAN! Laughing
PatTheGreat42
A Tandy.

You heard me.

A Radio Shack Tandy.

Ah, the good ole' days.
HamsterMan
Commadore 64, and amiga.
k_s_baskar
8088 is my fisrt pc which i used to compose letters and documents using ws4 (Word star 4). Dave is my favourate game in that pc. i after few years i changed to 80386 to use windows (win 3.1) in it. Smile
hofodomo01
compaq presario. circa 1997 i think. it didn't even have a pentium processor...
alyer
First of all i had ZX Spectrum with 128K RAM, 5.25" and 3.5" FDDs, AY8912 sound chip, and B/W monitor. It was a funny time! I learn computer basics (assembler programming, hardware details etc) and also write tracker music Smile

Then in 1999 i have bought Celeron533 64 MB 10Gb RivaTNT PC. And it worked for me until 2004.
J-Evil
My first computer was an E-Machines tower with Windows 98 SE, 16GB Hard drive, and 128MB ram
Phil
Mine was a Gateway 486SX -- I was told the "SX" stood for sucks! Really though, it wasn't that bad. Had Windows 3.1 on it, maybe 16 megs of RAM, 14 inch VGA monitor. Microsoft Works on about a dozen 5.25 inch floppies. I remeber getting a 14.4 modem and thinking I was really big stuff! Another time my old man got us a bootleg copy of Microsoft Office. Had to load it from about 30 floppy discs!

Boy have times changed! But I tell you what. Fixing problems was so simple then.
web_dimpy
Well my first computer was Intel Celeron 400 something MHZ with 8Gb Hard Disk . It was assembled without any brains.. thats why I think shortly afterwards, it got fever of rebooting automatically and hanging.. After throwing that away, I bought AMD Athlon XP with 512KB L2 Cache which was again one big screw up as the graphic card which I bought did not had comparability with the motherboard . Both of them have been like gf's after some use.. Good for nothing.. Now I m just using a notebook.
TurtleShell
it was called a TC, which stood for treasure chest.
skygaia
My first PC was LG FC-100 in 1985. it's 8bit computer. there was no hard drive.. there were only 64KB memory on board. 32kb of them were for system area. and the rest of them was for free space..
Karel_vanroye
8086 with 2 big floppy drives with 640kBytes of RAM and no harddisk.

Really it was a luxe, 1 drive for the MSDOS operating system (360kByte) and 1 drive for the program!
ptfrances
It was a old grey Mac with the apple of different colors.
I was playing at Sim City... Very Happy Very Happy
carz
pIII pc with cpu 400 hz with ram 64 kb vga 8mb
itpsu47
i love Mac na.
zjosie729
I don't remember what it was exactly. It was like 1998 and I was in China (we are not as caught up with computers and stuff) and the computer cost thousands even though it was second hand. I was like 6 and all I could do was practice typing. The computer I have now is pretty old too but I'm getting a mac soon and I am so exited.
James_Hicks
It was a Tandy of sorts. I can't find the model but I know it wasn't the 80 or 1000. Used Ms-Dos. Those were the days. C:\>
unionz
My first computer was 800 Mhz pentium III
I love my old computer !
Zuex
The PC im using now is my first ever PC.
Packard Bell iMedia 3055

192mb RAM
Intel Pentinum 4
[Very crap graphics card, can't even display Counter-Strike 1.6 properly]
Windows XP Home

Very bad.
Rolling Eyes
mrcafaro
super awesome Apple II GS! ahh to be young again!
asdf2142
pentium 1, good days playing duke nukem 1 lol
Indyan
I got my first PC when I was 13.It had a PIII(933mhz), 20gb hd, 128mb ram, WIndows ME (!!!nightmare!!!) and a 5-button optical mouse Very Happy (that I still use).
xtupie
I started with a ZX-Specture 48 in 1984 - First program purchased was F15 Flight Simulator

but my first PC, whioch looks like todays ones was in October 1987, when I bought the latest "monster", a 8086 with a built in IBM EPROM. that means that if you did not have a hard disk the PC would start with BASIC. It had an EGA card and screen and a 10Meg hard disk.

Since then I have bought a further five machines
386SX
486DX
Pentium I
Pentium II
AMD Athlon

and today I have bought my eigth computer an Intel 2.66 Mhz Duo Core with 350 GB hard disk and 2 GB Ram.
rockstarboi
Hard to remember which PC I had, I had many pcs but the first one I ever got was when I was 8 years old, yep. I'm a nerd I know, but I love computers and I always will.

I think I had a dell with 1gb ram, and some other stuff. pretty basic.
dougblackjr
Man oh man...

My first computer was a TRS-80. Used to have a tape player to record programs which I had to make myself in Basic.

Such a piece of crap!

.....I miss it. Crying or Very sad
norbert1
my first PC was not a "PC" but a Sinclair Spectrum computer with 16kByte in (1985?).
It costed a fortune and you need a casette recorder to save and load programs and a color TV as a monitor. The "keyboard" was really made cheap and uses 5 chararcters, actions for each knob with cominations.
I extended the memory, soldered 8 chips in, to have in total 48kB. I still have it....

The first real PC was bought much later, because I thought the first computers were too expensive and not capable of doing much more than some games and typing letters. When prices dropped and harddisks were included as standard I stepped in, with a 286 on a speedy 12.5MHz clock. After it followed upgrades with coprocessor, a 386 board, a new 486 and so on

I am planning to throw away a lot of the old stuff, because you can not hold on to it, although it has cost a lot in the past and allthough it is still working perfectly. I have already some kind of a PC museum. I bet there are a lot like me.
raine dragon
Well, it was 1989 and I was 3 years old. XD I vaguely remember learning enough DOS to use it to play Ernie's Big Splash, pack man and 2 educational games (an alphabet game and a math game) that my father wrote for me. ^_^;
lastelement0
my first PC was an old school mac. i tried finding it online but couldn't seem to find it at all. i know it was a model where the monitor would typically sit on top of the tower as it was laid on its side as opposed to majority desktops of today. it had a cd drive, floppy drive, and mac OS with application buttons in a window of its own.

i do rememebr that we could only support america online 3.0 while the latest was at like 6 or 7. we finally managed to upgrade our PC when XP was just startinig to be offered and instead we chose ME, well actually my mother did as she hadn't learned to trust my computer skills at that point in time.
R4J4H-D4T-808
My first comp was a macontosh which is very OLDDDDDDDDDDDD
therealchrismarsh
Oh it was an Amstrad 086 XT. It was awful. Ran windows 1.2 or something like that...
*Shudder*
medievalman26
well, it is a tie between an old mac, an equally old ibm, and a compaq presario from the dos/windows 95 era.
MythicalFault
My first PC was an HP, running windows 98. It had a pentium processor of sorts. I don't remember much about it other than that I played a lot of text based MUDs as well as the first Diablo and Warcraft II and it completely died on me one day randomly.
tony
An old toshiba laptop with 8 MB ram!

I can't remmeber the processor now.... pentium 1 maybe? That was quite a clunker though. and most of the components were broken! I got it for free because the previous owner didn't want it anymore :p
Arseniy
And my first PC is still with me Smile
I'm writing this post on its keyboard. Yes, my first computer is my only computer. It has 9 GB of hard disc, 196 mb RAM and 450mHz processor Smile
FireRageNL
My first pc.... damn... it was a Pentium 1 166Mhz overclocked to a whopping 233Mhz, it had 32MB RAM and a Voodoo 3 16MB vid card.
Damn Vodoo had some good video cards back then...
jansteeg92
My first pc was actually not so bad, a pentium II 443 MHz, with 64 MB RAM and......
a real soundcard.
Pochettino
mine was a pentium I really kinda good for the time beeing Smile sucky later Sad lol
MadeinIndia
Mine was a 286 and have great memories of it! Haha! Do you guys remember those guys floppy disks? CD's was unheard of at that time!
joostvane
My first PC was a windows millenium... And it was horrible Razz
it had 1 ghz and 256 mb of RAM... Its alot better then you guys tough... Altought it crashed every 5 hours because of the Millenium. A friend of me got me a free win xp later on, but he couldn't run that quite well :p
neogrinch
My first PC was an Intel 486 DX2 66Mhz processor and 16MB of RAM running Windows 95. This was in the mid 90's when the Internet first started getting big. Towards the end of the 'puters life the serial mouse port stopped working and I became quite adept at using the keyboard's number pad as a mouse with windows accessibility features. I bought my 2nd PC in 1997 and it was a whopping 300Mhz AMD k6-2. I started building them after that one. Smile
pll
Just had a commodore 64 too like HDirtwater and riv_

HDirtwater wrote:
riv_ wrote:
Commodore 64.

Don't feel bad. This was the first computer I remember having (I was in 6th grade or so I think). I actually took a class in "basic" becuase computers were probably going to be a permanant thing...lol.

Here's a trip down memory lane:

This machine was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
You were able to print stuff with it, save your files on a BIG diskette (I don't know if you remember the size of the disk that this computer had HDirtwater or Riv_ but it was SO BIG!) and we were even able to play GAMES on this!!
I think I still have my screen.

The good old days. Well its enough far now, how much does it worth on eBay ?
If you own one I would suggest to keep it and sell it in few years... You surely will be able to get enough money from it.
ashish2005
My first machine is the one that I am using right now. I have been using this machine for 5 years and it's outdated but I have no other choice. This is the only machine that I have and I cannot afford to get a new one although I need a new updated one very badly. It's a pentium III i guess, 1000 Mhz , 40 GB Hard disk and 192 MB of ram (64 was donated to me by a friend).

This system is good enough to browse the internet but does not meet the minimum requirements of the games these days. May be I will be upgrading it after a few months now because this system gives me a lot of problem these days.
caborela
486 DOS mode
TVme
I had a TI-99 yeah I'm old like that. it was in the early eighties. Some of the programs were on cassette tapes. They had expansion cartridges, and many game cartridges, but the best way was to learn basic programming and if you could - make your own games and applications. It took like an hour to use basic to make a program that was a calculator. And oh - yeah you had to hook it up to a TV. :)
larkanain-hacker
my was p3
ram 128
hdd 20GB
processor 866
mother board 815 intel
very funnay system was mine
justtj
mine was custom built..
16MB RAM
2GB HDD
Smile
was rocking!!

used DOS
and POSIX
Smile

those were the golden days..
now even XP is gone Sad
molif
hgahaha.... so long time ago.. maybe pentium 2.. 4gb.. 64mb ram.. no dvd player.. no optical mouse.. crt monitor(yes, the bulky one), and no broadband.. used dial up at that time.. haha.. those were the memories of my 1st pc..
deanhills
The Victor Sirius. Created by Chuck Peddle who also designed the first Commodore PETs. Superior to the IBM PC at the time, and was very successful in Europe, sold by ACT. Apricot PC based a lot of its technology on the Victor Sirius. It came with an 8088 16-bit microprocessor, 128k RAM. Two 5.25" disk-drives, single-sided with 600kb each. The Victor Sirius ran on MS-Dos. Used Wordstar, Mailmerge and DBase software.

bri4n5
Mine was Pentium 4 1.7 GHz 256Mb RAM, 40Gb HDD. Very Happy
raginggenerals
Mine was an optima something or other.

it had a 256 Mhz Processor which at the time was amazing and cost $500 (AUS), and the box, the system box,was the size of...

almost the size of a car boot.

Everyone envied it at the time.

these days the worst you can get today is a 1 Ghz.
silverdown
I got it in 1999 it was I think either a Dell or Packard Bell that you hand to turn it on and off from the back after the screen told you it was ok to shut off you PC.
marrs
spectrum 16 k was my first The Spectrum was among the first mainstream audience home computers in the UK, similar in significance to the Commodore 64 in the USA; the C64 was a major rival to the Spectrum in the UK market during the early 1980s.

hnjdfijhgh......

R TAPE LOADING ERROR
hunnyhiteshseth
skygaia wrote:

Can you imagine what you could do with 32KB. very few........
But there were really smart guys.. some guys used to make a game program with just one line...
Well, many of them might be working for MS now... Laughing

Nah.... Windows is too bloated to be made by such programmers!! Laughing
b3no
lawl~

..mine was a 1984 mac

i still have it.. Very Happy
panthro
386dx, 2 gig HD, 32 Meg Ram, windows 3.1
Chris24
Don't completely remember but I think it was an HP, wasn't even over 1 processor.
Thumpercats
I had a gateway 2000 or something, and it had Windows 95 on it. Man was that sucker slow!
norbert1
I started when there were no computers, because I am that old. My children asked me once what kind of computer I had when I was young, because they could not imagine it was never there! The problem with the present computer is that it does more or less the same as the ones we had 10 years ago, except that the boot time has increased a lot.
Animal
Josso wrote:
Macintosh Performa 400

16 mhz CPU, 80mb hard drive Laughing

It was great I used to play 3 in 3, A-10 attack, mac pipes, The Incredible Machine, Sim City 2000 etc

Yup, that looks awfully familiar - my first computer was a Mac similar to Josso's. Mine had an immense 4Mb ram, 40Mb Hard Drive and (I think) a 25MHz processor... almost laughable these days.
kotterlyn
I always had laptops. My first was this really crappy Dell that had a tendency to freeze if you had more than two programs open. Not to mention that the browser was AOL. So I dumped the Dell and got me a loyal Compaq. 8D
doppleganger
frankly i do not remember wat it was

whether it was a pc, at, xt watever but i used to enjoy

altho if u compare to todays pc's u might laff it off
prithvi
I'd got my first one in 2000.
It was a P II 266Mhz 32MB 4GB HDD assembled computer.

I remember when I'd upgraded it to 64MB RAM, I was like WOW! Laughing

The video card was a 32MB SiS 6326, if I remember right.

But this is nothing compared to what some other members here had started with.
They had actually lived with the ancient classics, it seems Shocked
jylan
I started off with an old powerpc mac computer, can't remember the specs now but they were pretty low, it was running Mac OS 7 or 8.

@ashish2005,

You've got a faster computer than me! At the moment I have an 800mhz Apple eMac, with about 384mb of ram and a 40GB harddrive. It runs surprisingly fast with Mac OS 10.2 though Shocked .

I will hopefully be upgrading to a G5 iMac soon, which I'm really looking forward too.
jsarnold
I still long for the old Acorn Electron. You switched it on, and one beep later it was ready.

Today I switch my computer on, walk away, make a cup of tea, go to the loo, read a book, travel the world, and then come back to find that it crashed anyway.

That's progress, is it?
simonwest80
Well my first was an Amstrad CPC 464 not sure of the spec, then after that an Amiga 600 which i upgraded my self to a whole 2mb of Ram. Somewhere in between that and what i class as my first "proper" pc i had a 486 which could play monkey island which my dad got from work and was just on DOS. Then after that was a Pentium 2 233 with 64mb of Ram, 30Gb HDD, 8mb ATI Rage Gfx and the creme ala creme a 1 speed DVD drive" It run Half Life almost at full. Oh and a 56k modem - eeewwww the days of playing Counter Strike at 250 ping and waiting hours to download 20mb Confused
crazycxc
it was pentium 1 166mhz i guess Question dont remember
ftv_flung
It was a Mac. I don't know anything about tech stuff with it, because I was 7.. and I just played kids computer games. Fun times on that mac. We then got Windows 98 for my Dad's work. A few years on, I was so impressed with myself that I could just press Cancel at logon (when it askes for password) and I could logon anyway. That still makes me laugh today. Ahhh M$ security of the 90s.
Shazephre
tmorse wrote:
mine was a Atari 800 XL

Mine looked a tad like R2D2's previous models prototype. The prototype R1D1.
It was great for the time but now it can hardly do anything =/
Gonzalo
Barbarian was the coolest game of those days.
Donutey
Technically an old C64, though I played with my dad's 386 at work, and then finally an original pentium 133Mhz when my dad bought one when those first came out. The thing lasted forever, we used it up until ~2003.
Jarco
my first PC was a 386 /w 4mb ram and a 20mb hard disk
before that i had a commodore and some strange Japanese console (predecessor for Nintendo i guess)
wmmullaney
Good ole' Apple IIe with a 'huge' 64k expansion card.
Rajiev
I use my first machine still Surprised

Now Don't look like that Smile

It's a pentium III
1.13Ghz
256RAM
32VGA
133hz FSB

I'm planning to by a new one soon
Rolling Eyes
j_f_k
a commodore 64 all 8k of ram it had. I remember how expesive it was and that i didn't want a 'cheap and nasty' vic 20 which only had 4k.

wrote a really enjoyable version of texas breakout on it (how ironic) which was saved on audio cassette (no floppy disks - they were a luxury i cound't afford....).
jcvincent75
Hi!

I just got my first PC back in 2004. Before then we were just using my aunt's PC.

Here is the specs of my first PC:

Athlon XP 1.2 GHZ
32 MB bulit in video card
736 MB RAM
60 GB hard drive
Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2
LG DVD writer

I'm still using it right now and I'm still impressed with it's performance. It's not as good as my PC in the office though, but It's still fast. I just backup and defragment my hard drive each time I feel it's slowing down and wala! It's back to it's peak performance.

That's my PC. It's still a very reliable partner in my everyday computing life.

Cheers!
codyb113
My first pc was an Acer laptop with 16gb HD. and like 1gb ram
an toaster Atari 600
psycosquirrel
It was a Pentium 2, that's all I remember though...
loonix
My first PC was a 386. Can't even remeber what we used it for back then. IIt was probably not much more than an ornament Wink
paul_indo
My first PC was a 386 with 64mb of ram and a massive Laughing 212mb hard disk

I had used a 286 before that at my office but not owned one.
Arty
Oh yeah it was like, Windows 95 or something...
128MB ram Very Happy

dunno anything else though, except I couldn't find the desktop D: (I was like Cool
vampire8u
My first computer was a Timex Sinclair, then a commodore vic-20, then a commodore 64, then a commodore 128. I had a long stretch with no computers while I had sex, drugs and rocknroll. Now I have a decent one compared to those old workhorses.
Zach25
Some really old computer, I forget the name of it.
amperx
hewlett packard 486dx 16 megs of ram 400mb hd win95 lul XD
played pitfall doom with it, it was fun though Very Happy at least during that time
loyal
Peace.

My uncle gave me my first PC. It was windows 95, with a harddrive of half a gigabyte. It was a wonderful computer, but nothing compared to today's standards lol!
Joooe
Compaq Presario CDS 520. One of those all-in-one machines!

Windows 3.1, can't remember the specs, but it had Chips Challenge and Ski Free! Smile
suren0203
ftex.
new brand which many ppl wont know.
can check it out in internet.
BigBangFan
I had a Commodore 64 with a tape drive back in the mid-80's....
Faraz
Pentium 2, 32mb raw, 300 mhz. It worked for 4+ years without any problems. I miss it so much! It was like letting your old friend go.
Ork90
My first computer was:

66 Mhz
8 Mbs of RAM
1 Mb videocard
2x CD-rom
(Windows 3.1 Very Happy )

awww... I really miss it. I don't know what was so cool that times, but i was never bored. Now i have a better computer and many times i'm really bored.

Wolfenstein 3D rox Razz
Liques
was a Pentium 233. I remember that I almost bought a 286 some years before buy it, but I didn't have enough money. x.x
Insanity
I had a custom built desktop that cost quite a bit yet wasn't that great. I remember something like Windows 95, 32mb RAM and 8GB harddrive. I'm not even sure if I had 56k back then.
Idoru
I proudly remember my C64, with old genuine tape and all =)
Spent many hours writing code in DOS to make a truly silly little game with two meant-to-be cars running
round and round (or square Very Happy ) the same track.
About ten years ago I bought a calculator with more RAM than that computer had... Very Happy Very Happy
amitniec
my first pc is COMPAQ.
i love windows xp
Rico

1. Sinclair ZX Spectrum is an 8-bit personal home computer

2. Amiga 500

3. pentium 1 75hz

4. pentium 2 500hz

now I have no computer, this is a work pc. i'm thinking about getting another one but i'm still miffed about #4 that got destroyed by viruses
RosenCruz
It was a Celeron 233 MHz and 32 MB ram IBM compatible pc..included a S3 virge dx graphics card....
ATEK
Mijn eerste PC was de Atari 130XL
moray
Apart from the home computers (commodore, atari, etc...)
my first real PC was an xt with 256 KB of memory and one floppy 5.25 inch
monochrome ... amber
what memories I have for it ... wow
jabce85
some type of ibm i got from someone who worked for them.. i was too young to remember specifics
wavemaster14
Got my fist computer in 6th grade....

Was pentium 3, for that time just came out, costed lot of money but it was worth it Cool

Specs: Intel Pentium 3 450Mhz
64Mb SDARM
32MB MB Geforce 2 card
20GB of hard drive

for that time was monster, bought new one 4 years later....
jmaninc68
jeez...you cant even give it a name because it was just all different kinds of parts my uncle hooked together....some crazy ****
schoolbag
My first computer was:

Pentium 1 133 mhz
16 MB RAM
1280 MB HDD
Windows 95
amitniec
my first pc was of COMPAQ
i had WINDOWS XP
Kaseas
Pentium II
64MB RAM
8MB Video Card
15-in CRT display.

I actually still have that P2 in the original packaging.
Diablosblizz
Although this isn't about my first computer, which let me tell you was, in todays standards, a piece of junk, I'd like to say wow. To me, it's very amazing how computers back whenever were so simple. There wasn't anything to them, no great deal over ram or hard drive space. I can't believe how systems ran on 8 MB of ram, while Vista today requires at least 1GB. It just shows that technology is quickly developing, things are getting much better.

Just my 2 cents.
Silk2008
Mine was a texas Instruments TI99. Casette tape drive. Believe it or not I actually miss BASIC. I had alot of fun and learned tons. Wish I still had that computer. Might even be worth some money now.
darrenfinch
My first was a Sinclair ZX81 which has a wonderful wobbly 16K RAMPACK (original came with 1K with .2K for BIOS I think).
This was quickly replaced (i was a teen hungry for more!) by
Sinclair Spectrum 16K (and got the upgrade to 48K).
Commodore Vic 20 (3.5K RAM)
Radio Shack TRS80 (32K?)
Atari 800 then 600XL - then 800XL
BBC Micro (Model B) - then Archimedes
Commodore Amiga/Atari ST
PC AT (8086 and 8088) various Desktops and 'Laptops'

Ah, those were the days (and not a Mac insight!)
Spiritus
An old hellish Packard Bell.

Coolest kid on the street though.
Rajiev
Mine is a
PIII 1.13GHz
256MB RAM
32MB VGA
40GB HDD

I Bought this PC in 2002 and i still use it Surprised ya i know you are surprised.

I'm planning to buy a new one soon. The purchase get delayed cos of two things
1. My Income sucks these days Sad
2. In the Office, I have a new machine to work Smile
stel4e
AMD Athlon 1.4 GHz
256 RAM
GeForce 2
40GB HDD
hofodomo01
Compaq Presario.

Dunno what my CPU speed was (this was back in the year 1998/1999 or something). Cyrix is what it said when I opened the case many years later...had a good deal share of raging over the Compaq, but it did what was necessary. Sort of.
Madf
i get my first computer like 13 years ago. And i only rember this computer it was type 386? And it was funny to play 2d games Smile I didnt rember more this my first computer Very Happy
Pantherus
was a shitty old apple and i remember having netscape on dial-up

Those beeps and tones still haunt my dreams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHARPBALL
My first was a trs80 from tandy. Still have it.
soljarag
my first computer was one with the 5" floppys and no harddrive

Oh how i miss all the dos games... I still have the computer in my closet.. i might drag it out one day

I can't bieleve some of you are saying computers that have harddrives over 30 GB!
chipbricks
PK-01 Lvov , it was based on INTEL 8080.
Melacos
Mine was a Commodore 64 I guess, and I was playing games such as Pole Position, Boulder Dash etc... I thought for about ten years that I was going to be the next big thing in the computer-industry, but really it never got to be any more than throwing LAN-parties and feeling like I got nowhere...
But still the Commodore-period is something to keep close to heart, whatever it turned out to be...
bellebello
Mine was a 286. running on windows 3.1 I remembered I played alleycat on it. Good times.
atlane
P4 CPU 2.66HZ 1.5G Memory