FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SEO softwares? some1 used it?

secondeye
Hi,
There are many softwares on internet that claims that
1) increase your search engine ranking from IBP, or SEO elite, Directory submittor or any other softwares, and also claim that if your get higher rankings on top search engines like google, msn, yahoo so you will get more traffic or customers to purchase your product, Is this true or fake, I mean they sell their siftwares for just 100 to 200$, And if this make sense, i mean if they bring high traffic to our site then why every one goes for PPC( pay per click program like adwords?

Do somebody of you uses these kinds of softwares so please write their true experience below.

2) and the second thing is that, Paying for SEO marketing is good or bad? and why?
djclue917
I think number two is bad since it will make you look like an unfair player when you're doing it the wrong way (e.g. spamdexing). But anyways, it would only be bad/evil/<insert similar word here> if you use it for doing bad deeds.
georgekalathil
These tools are useful for analysing your sites. But not good for the optimization of sites. These types of automated SEO tools can harm your site if used excessively. So better use it only for analysing your site.
manumiglani
1) Bunch of scams. Only useful in analyzing the website and links of your competitors. They are various free tools available for that.

2) The professional, the better IMO
amysanders
i got CEO free edition the other day all it really does is help you creat good META tags, and ompare your site with your competitors.
secondeye
manumiglani wrote:

2) The professional, the better IMO

Can you share the professional IMO to me?
endless
amysanders wrote:
i got CEO free edition the other day all it really does is help you creat good META tags, and ompare your site with your competitors.

but google doesn't care about meta tags.. Smile
k_s_baskar
Yes This type of softwares help to increase your website ranking and traffic in a easy way. But if did't wish to spend money you can get free tools to increase your site traffic.
Search engine elite do lot of things to increase traffic.

Smile
secondeye
Well i dun think so they helped alot
Because my friend used IBP and SEO elite both, But he didn't get any satisfactory result yet.
Well hope So he get the best result in Future as search engines index the common websites in almost 2 weeks or above.
Well IBP is just to Submit or web to searhengines, Or i guess my can't understand the better way to use it. Anyhow.. wish him Best of Luck...
Phil
My opinion of these tools is just like any tool in the world. Be it Dreamweaver, Photoshop, a hammer, paintbrush or set of Craftsman wrenches, if you don't use them properly, they are of no good to you.
That's not to say that some of those SEO aren't junk, because many are. But just because a couple of people can't get results doesn't necessarily mean the software is useless. I'm sure everyone here can relate to at least one person who got ahold of a copy of Adobe Photoshop and actually expected to be cranking out stunning graphics by end of the day. It just doesn't happen and that person goes away saying Photshop is a piece of junk.

Now that said:

I have been trying out a the free version of a program called Web CEO. If nothing else it is showing me my page rankings for several different search engines with different Keywords. It has many other little doo-dads that come with it, but the ranking function is what I use it for the most.
I have also used a program called SubmitEaze to help in submitting to directories. Despite what you think about directories, this program definitely makes the process of submitting much easier. It's not really automated, more of a super fancy copy-and-paste. This one is a little pricey at $60 for the Pro version, but I do use it.
the-guide
Phil wrote:

I have been trying out a the free version of a program called Web CEO. If nothing else it is showing me my page rankings for several different search engines with different Keywords. It has many other little doo-dads that come with it, but the ranking function is what I use it for the most.

I have been downloaded and used Web CEO too, with it's free version you can do a lot of SEO tasks, for example, keywords research, monitor and optimize your pages, maintains and analyzes your sites, monitor and research your competitors and etc. Though there are some restrictions in it's free version but not time-limited and is much better than many commercial tools.
lerian
agreed to the post by Phil,
They're just tool that might helpful might not
It depends on your own skill
You can buy hammer, saw, nails, anything, but it won't make you a carpenter