FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

WORST Console ever

What did you get for Christmas? * Note Read B4 Vote!
Xbox 360
23%
 23%  [ 11 ]
PS3
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
WEEEEEEEEEEEEE
28%
 28%  [ 13 ]
PSP
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
GB DS
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
New PC
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 46

misterXY
i personally think the gameboy pocket was very stupid cause i only know two kids who owned one... they dissed my gameboy colour.... sad fools, gameboy colour outlasted the pocket Razz.
lets not forget dreamcast though... too $$$ was only its downfall though.

*Note: if you got more then one, post your best one and post you're others Smile Shocked
carlokes
Hi there,

In my opinion, one of the biggest failures was the Sega Saturn (at least in Europe). Although the console hardware was fantastic for its time, the games that were published in Europe made the console not worth the money I spent on it. I have read that in Japan the console had much more titles so i think my opinion takes only into account the european situation.

Stay Cool
misterXY
carlokes wrote:
Hi there,

In my opinion, one of the biggest failures was the Sega Saturn (at least in Europe). Although the console hardware was fantastic for its time, the games that were published in Europe made the console not worth the money I spent on it. I have read that in Japan the console had much more titles so i think my opinion takes only into account the european situation.

Stay Cool

Ye when i went to Europe with my GBC there was games i never heard of.. i came in with 3 games... came back to Canada [ spending my summer in Germany for the month of August..] with about 45 games lol. Good times... i miss them:(
Whong
First of all, why in the world did you write Wii on the pole as WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?

Secondly to the worst console, I'd say that I agree with GameBoy Pocket, but then again I'd say that none of the consoles that have been on the market are bad. All the Nintendos have been great with a nice selection of games. I personally don't like Sony Playstaion, but I'm not saying that they are bad. No, not at all, Tekken series, Crash Bandicoot and may other PS games have been good. Segas have been good too and Dreamcast looked really good but then came it's down fall... Sad

Anyway, I'd say thta no console in its self has been bad. It so much depends on what standards players view the consoles and games. Wink
hlavco
Fool, my Gameboy Pocket owns you. Razz I love that thing...

It'd be hard to pick a worst console. All the ones I've played had at least a few awesome games. Though I'll admit I'm not much of a Sonic fan and that's all I ever played on Sega systems, so that loses points for them. All we have on PS3 is Rock Band which is available on other consoles anyway, but the PS3 will go from "blah" to "awesome" once Gran Turismo 5 comes out.

It's hard to pick a worst console, but easy to pick a favorite.
Yjaxygames
The Dreamcast wasn't bad, technically, but it just didn't sell.
misterXY
Whong wrote:
First of all, why in the world did you write Wii on the pole as WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?

Cause im crazy and addicted to drugs, why not? its better then someone posting Pee like i've been noticing on other forums off of other websites. Add some originality... which nintendo hasn't really done in there games in a long time... mario.. come on man!? pokemon!? NEED NEW GAMES NINTENDO!
*Also for lamers, im not aiming at 3rd party gaming companies, im directly aiming at Nintendo. "bowling" and etc have been done before just different way the system works, remember when PS3 was supposed to be a boomerang? Hence its not too creative... just the trend of the market apparently. but once again, i'm aiming at GAMES in this comment not the console. defeats the purpose of this posting though hehe. Rolling Eyes

Yjaxygames wrote:
The Dreamcast wasn't bad, technically, but it just didn't sell.

Indeed. Imagine if the price was affordable how well they'd be off right now.. What a sin.. oh well Shocked
eday2010
What kind of crappy pole is this? Worst Console Ever, yet you don't list nearly close ot the number of consoles there have been, let alone the ones that actually were bad (Virtual Boy, 32X, Sega CD, NES, TG-16, 3DO, etc).

Useless.
Yjaxygames
eday2010 wrote:
What kind of crappy pole is this? Worst Console Ever, yet you don't list nearly close ot the number of consoles there have been, let alone the ones that actually were bad (Virtual Boy, 32X, Sega CD, NES, TG-16, 3DO, etc).

Useless.

You're right, the poll only shows the 'next gen' consoles and the newest handhelds.
eday2010
I also forgot the Philips CD-i Laughing
Yjaxygames
eday2010 wrote:

The standards for a console to get in this topic are that it needs more than 1 sold copies.
misterXY
Yjaxygames wrote:
eday2010 wrote:

The standards for a console to get in this topic are that it needs more than 1 sold copies.

Indeed that is a standard Smile

eday2010 wrote:

And
You're right, the poll only shows the 'next gen' consoles and the newest handhelds.[/quote]

Both of you need to realize, the pole is stating what YOU got for Christmas not the worst console cause it's like you have said, the next gen. how would i know which ones suck if we don't have a even newer gen out yet...? And i didn't mention those consoles cause i knew there sucked so bad i couldn't even bare to humiliate them anymore. Sympathy. Please read before you post Rolling Eyes
Legolas710
Nintendo needs new games, but the Wii itself is okay overall.
I voted for the GameBoy Pocket being the worst.

You do need to put older consoles on...
Coclus
Game boy pocket has my vote, the best on your list is definitley the new PC, as I do not like any of the consoles.
kicy
Everything e-day list basicly sucks, except the nes... how could you forget duck hunt, the greatest game to ever exist... faaar better then halo..
eday2010
misterXY wrote:
Both of you need to realize, the pole is stating what YOU got for Christmas not the worst console cause it's like you have said, the next gen. how would i know which ones suck if we don't have a even newer gen out yet...? And i didn't mention those consoles cause i knew there sucked so bad i couldn't even bare to humiliate them anymore. Sympathy. Please read before you post Rolling Eyes

So if the poll is about what you got for Christmas, why in the heck is the thread called Worst console ever?

And you don't need a new generation of systems to determine which consoles used to suck. When it was only the SNES, Genesis and TG-16, everyone knew that the TG-16 sucked. We didn't need to wait for the 3DO or Jaguar (which both also sucked, even compared to the 16-bit systems) to come out to know the TG-16 was lame. It had some good games if you loved shooters and graphics that were between the Sega Master System and Sega Genesis, but overall it was a sucky system. I knew that when comparing it to current systems it was competing against, not years later.
misterXY
eday2010 wrote:
misterXY wrote:

So if the poll is about what you got for Christmas, why in the heck is the thread called Worst console ever?

And you don't need a new generation of systems to determine which consoles used to suck. When it was only the SNES, Genesis and TG-16, everyone knew that the TG-16 sucked. We didn't need to wait for the 3DO or Jaguar (which both also sucked, even compared to the 16-bit systems) to come out to know the TG-16 was lame. It had some good games if you loved shooters and graphics that were between the Sega Master System and Sega Genesis, but overall it was a sucky system. I knew that when comparing it to current systems it was competing against, not years later.

i didn't mean compare it too these new gens too older gens.
Ye i doubt this thread be on when new gens come out... well nintendo.. didn't they came out with another last night? yeesh there unreal.

kicy wrote:
Everything e-day list basicly sucks, except the nes... how could you forget duck hunt, the greatest game to ever exist... faaar better then halo..

i miss playing that game, how about Dr Mario also? Razz Addiction <3
jtayl153
I had a gameboy Color, I got it in 1999 it still works like it did on the first day i used it!

however i don't know if my friend throws the console around whenever he dies or something but he's been through 2 gameboy advances.
misterXY
jtayl153 wrote:
I had a gameboy Color, I got it in 1999 it still works like it did on the first day i used it!

however i don't know if my friend throws the console around whenever he dies or something but he's been through 2 gameboy advances.

imagen if the GC was made in China Shocked
misterXY
forgot to mention the Gameboy for you're glasses or w/e those were. thank god i was too young to wear'm Smile
GeoS
DS isn't a Game Boy model. It's a separate family of supposedly 'Dual Screen' Handhelds.
misterXY
GeoS wrote:
DS isn't a Game Boy model. It's a separate family of supposedly 'Dual Screen' Handhelds.

watch how far this will go then Shocked
eday2010
It will go far. In 3 years it's already sold half the number of units all the original versions of the GameBoy (original, color, pocket), sold in total, and will tie the GameBoy Advance in not too long.
misterXY
eday2010 wrote:
It will go far. In 3 years it's already sold half the number of units all the original versions of the GameBoy (original, color, pocket), sold in total, and will tie the GameBoy Advance in not too long.

GBA outsold more then GBC are you saying? Shocked
eXon3
I'm not really sure, but I didn't see alot of people using the Nintendo DS. It came out a little before the PSP, and got owned by it. Plus, I didn't really get the idea of dual-screen, it seems so stupid - instead of making one big screen, they made 2 small ones.

Therefore, I guess the worst mobile-console was the DS.
misterXY
eXon3 wrote:
I'm not really sure, but I didn't see alot of people using the Nintendo DS. It came out a little before the PSP, and got owned by it. Plus, I didn't really get the idea of dual-screen, it seems so stupid - instead of making one big screen, they made 2 small ones.

Therefore, I guess the worst mobile-console was the DS.

well it's also saves the cost by a touch screen while not totally running both screens. like.. i dont know ds isnt bad. but its also not my top notch.
Psp = $ then DS
psp = crappy memory. but has memory
touch screen, ds no psp
psp movies are a total rip.

like by having just one screen all touch is more expensive then a halve. so for consumeur pricing its cheaper. more good games. plus u dont have to keep looking back and fourth between menus if ur opening a log book or something of the liking. so it saves a lil nag. Confused
GeoS
...The DS is currently the biggest selling gaming system every month; it's outsold the PSP by AT LEAST 3:1.
It very much 'is' a handheld, rather than 'was'.

You might not see many people playing the DS because, assuming you're a male teen-to-young-adult, it's aimed at pretty much everyone, paticularly girls and the older and newer generations, even though the rest play it too (we probably don't stand out as an audience Ninty need to target, though it won't be soon before they have to be a little less ignorant).

No games for PSP, most are bland and too short, apart from like 5 or 6. Not saying their aren't plenty of those on DS too, but there's a better range of games. If you have taste. Ehehe.
Bryan_Bezzle
I loved me some dreamcast..i guess cause you could burn games for it. The old sega was raw. All the Playstations have been on point. All the Nintendos except for maybe virtual boy and gamecube were on point. I didn't much care for the controls of gamecube. DS is really weird because you have to like the way it plays or you'll quickly be turned off. XBOX as well as 360 is a PC gamers dream. If I had to choose I'd say PC was pretty bad to me but thats not a console. I'd choose virtual boy I guess but is that a console? I dont know. Im confused. Whats this topic about again? Confused
misterXY
Bryan_Bezzle wrote:
Whats this topic about again? Confused

& thats what makes virtual boy so horrible Laughing
Flakky
From that list I'd pick the PSP since I believe it never showed anything new to the world. or anything. And from all consoles I pick the Sony CD-I (who knows that one?).
misterXY
Flakky wrote:
From that list I'd pick the PSP since I believe it never showed anything new to the world. or anything. And from all consoles I pick the Sony CD-I (who knows that one?).

just googled it. is this it http://www.gamersgraveyard.com/repository/snes/history/snescdrom.html ?
ZeroXD
misterXY wrote:
forgot to mention the Gameboy for you're glasses or w/e those were. thank god i was too young to wear'm Smile

That is exactly what I was thinking...Nintendo's Virtual Boy!!! I was too young to have my own income when it came out and I'm glad because I would have probably fallen for its 3D gimmick!

As for why i think it's the worst, for starters, it barely sold any units. Then there were the reports that it caused eye damage/seizures and not to mention it probably induces nausea. And last, it was probably a good perception of 3D, but the graphics still sucked.
eday2010
misterXY wrote:
Flakky wrote:

just googled it. is this it http://www.gamersgraveyard.com/repository/snes/history/snescdrom.html ?

Don't you mean the Philips CD-I? Philips is the one who released the CD-I, not Sony. The SNES CD-ROM that Sony originally worked on with Nintendo ended up being the original Playstation.
Flakky
eday2010 wrote:
misterXY wrote:
Flakky wrote:

Don't you mean the Philips CD-I? Philips is the one who released the CD-I, not Sony. The SNES CD-ROM that Sony originally worked on with Nintendo ended up being the original Playstation.
Yeah I'm sorry, it was the Phillips CD-I, my bad Very Happy
brokenadvice
Game Boy Micro? Yay! Another crappy remake of the advance that failed to meet expectations. It even came with a tiny screen and total incompatibility with old game boy color and original games. Lamest system ever.
misterXY
ZeroXD wrote:
misterXY wrote:

That is exactly what I was thinking...Nintendo's Virtual Boy!!! I was too young to have my own income when it came out and I'm glad because I would have probably fallen for its 3D gimmick!

As for why i think it's the worst, for starters, it barely sold any units. Then there were the reports that it caused eye damage/seizures and not to mention it probably induces nausea. And last, it was probably a good perception of 3D, but the graphics still sucked.

Guess being young is a good thing, thank god i was without income as a tot when that came out!

Flakky wrote:
eday2010 wrote:
misterXY wrote:
Flakky wrote:

Yeah I'm sorry, it was the Phillips CD-I, my bad Very Happy

now is this it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-i

brokenadvice wrote:
Game Boy Micro? Yay! Another crappy remake of the advance that failed to meet expectations. It even came with a tiny screen and total incompatibility with old game boy color and original games. Lamest system ever.

is that really a system? i seen it at HBCs' Zellars a few yrs back but i didn't think it was a console? never the less, i never seen it sold. hell a buddy i know who was working at a store had some & it was so under-rated or whatever you want to put for it. he found a shelf filled w/ it behind Wii's lmao. never sold one. NEVER. dusty n etc. guess it was good i was to busy for gaming when it game out Smile
Seiji
I would have definitely said the PSP and especially since I paid $250 for mine which was the price of my Wii also. The PSP is saved because of the ability to homebrew which is the only good thing its really for.
eday2010
misterXY wrote:
now is this it?

Yes, that is indeed it Smile
Flakky
eday2010 wrote:
misterXY wrote:
now is this it?

I second that Smile . I never heared about the Game Boy Micro, maybe because nobody has talked about it because it sounds bad Razz
misterXY
Seiji wrote:
I would have definitely said the PSP and especially since I paid $250 for mine which was the price of my Wii also. The PSP is saved because of the ability to homebrew which is the only good thing its really for.

mmmm hombrew Drool

eday2010 wrote:
misterXY wrote:
now is this it?

Finally Exclamation lol
Flakky wrote:
eday2010 wrote:
misterXY wrote:
now is this it?

I second that Smile . I never heared about the Game Boy Micro, maybe because nobody has talked about it because it sounds bad Razz

it's so micro no one hears about it. fits in ur hands greatly! its like having nothin @ all but an empty wallet [or purse for the ladies] !
GoDHiM
Anyone knows POPstation? it seems to be a PSP copy, but it can be purchase only in bazars...the surprise is when you open the package and discover that its only a mp3 with a case similar to a PSP...lol
Headhunter123
The worst consol have to be psp or gameboy.
misterXY
GoDHiM wrote:
Anyone knows POPstation? it seems to be a PSP copy, but it can be purchase only in bazars...the surprise is when you open the package and discover that its only a mp3 with a case similar to a PSP...lol

lol just wiki it. interesting stuff lol those Chinese and there communism toys. Only ONE game per "console". very commie like. Rolling Eyes
misterXY
Headhunter123 wrote:

the psp is a big hit out West of Canada (Alberta etc) but over in New Brunswick(opposite side) it's not that big. and not alot of guys own gameboys but theres some serious chick-ownage
McDucque
Out of all consoles, I'd go with the Sega CD, I used to have one and actually remember liking it. I recently tried an emulator of all the games and never realized how cruddy everything was on it.

On the list, I had to go with the Wii. There are a few saving graces on the console (Super Paper Mario, No More Heroes, Super Smash Bros Brawl) and the interactivity and menus of the wii channel interface are nicer than the PSN or Xbox blades, but I just don't enjoy playing the Wii as it is. A majority of the games are gimmicky and only fun for little A.D.D. children.
newso
PSP = worse of your list
PS3 = by far the best off the list

i am glad to say, ive give you a fair opinion because ive owned all of them.
misterXY
McDucque wrote:
A majority of the games are gimmicky and only fun for little A.D.D. children.

nice comparison Laughing
newso wrote:
PSP

the only thing that holds psp back is the memory card
spinout
I really must say the xbox 360 is the worst - noisy n many dvds go wobbly since the speed of the drive... I heard that the 40mb version of the PS3 is a dream. Still twice as expensive but hoping for a prize that is half of today...

N then it's the heating - the xbox360 is too hot... the PS3 is not...

Ok so the 360 has better grafix, but the margin is not that big - noone can live in a room with the 360 - too noisy too hot...
Afaceinthematrix
I dunno... gameboys were never able to keep my attention very long. Videogames have never really kept my attention too long, I prefer the outdoors, but I can still play for a while at night time. I occasionally sit down and play for an hour or so... gameboys, on the other hand, never received that kind of attention. they bored me.
Whong
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
I dunno... gameboys were never able to keep my attention very long. Videogames have never really kept my attention too long, I prefer the outdoors, but I can still play for a while at night time. I occasionally sit down and play for an hour or so... gameboys, on the other hand, never received that kind of attention. they bored me.

Pokemon games were those that really attracted many to the gameboy series! Very Happy
catscratches
Funny that you ask for the worst console and only make the most successfull ones as options...
misterXY
catscratches wrote:
Funny that you ask for the worst console and only make the most successfull ones as options...

you mean in my poll? my poll is meant to be what u got for Christmas not for whats is the worst console Shocked
Afaceinthematrix
Whong wrote:
Afaceinthematrix wrote:

Pokemon games were those that really attracted many to the gameboy series! :D

Yeah I guess. But I didn't even find those too entertaining. After I beat Pokemon Red, they all pretty much got boring. You can only make so many Pokemon games about capturing Pokemon and fighting trainers...
eday2010
misterXY wrote:
catscratches wrote:

you mean in my poll? my poll is meant to be what u got for Christmas not for whats is the worst console Shocked

Yet you call the thread WORST Console Ever.. Why not make two threads so one could be about Christmas and one could be about the worst console?
misterXY
eday2010 wrote:
misterXY wrote:
catscratches wrote:

Yet you call the thread WORST Console Ever.. Why not make two threads so one could be about Christmas and one could be about the worst console?

lazy gamer?
SMS_Mcfarland
Whys everyone so hard on the wii? ^
:-[ the only reason nobody likes it is because its not that kind of system that you should play by yourself. You cant sit down and play a game for hours and have fun because you need friends to play with you in order to have a good time with wii. If you have like 4 friends over you can probably play wii bowling for about 2 hours without getting bored haha But if u were playing it yourself itd be over in a few minutes.

Anyway i think the worst console would have to have been playstation 2. not because it wasnt fun or anything, but since it broke alot haha
eday2010
They are hard on the Wii because it's destroying their precious consoles in terms of sales, even though the graphics, while still excellent, are not as pretty as the PS3 or 360. They are also hard on it because instead of having 300 first person shooter games like the other two systems, the Wii has a wide variety of games. And for some reason, the PS3 and 360 fanboys only want to play these types of games, even though a lot of them are the same.

And boring.
misterXY
eday2010 wrote:
They are hard on the Wii because it's destroying their precious consoles in terms of sales, even though the graphics, while still excellent, are not as pretty as the PS3 or 360. They are also hard on it because instead of having 300 first person shooter games like the other two systems, the Wii has a wide variety of games. And for some reason, the PS3 and 360 fanboys only want to play these types of games, even though a lot of them are the same.

And boring.

and kickass Rolling Eyes
Pendulum
To my mind, Wii's case is embarassing.

The console itself is so great, with this pad and all its possibilities... I really wanted to get one, at the beginning.

Then I played it, at a friend's. At appeared Wiisport was a great demo, but sure didn't worth the console's price. Then the following games were stuffs like Medal of Honor and stuff you do not need a wii pad to play.

Today, more and more accessories are released, like the "rifle-pad" (to play Zelda's crossbow, can't remember the exact name), and the "wheel-pad" (to play mario kart), and stuffs like the carpet to do exercise Laughing . To put it in a nutshell, it drains money, and yet has no really exciting games.

Such a big disappointement Crying or Very sad

PS : Moreover, the controllers require battery. And that bores me Laughing But I guess it's a necessary evil.
misterXY
Pendulum wrote:
To my mind, Wii's case is embarassing.

The console itself is so great, with this pad and all its possibilities... I really wanted to get one, at the beginning.

Then I played it, at a friend's. At appeared Wiisport was a great demo, but sure didn't worth the console's price. Then the following games were stuffs like Medal of Honor and stuff you do not need a wii pad to play.

Today, more and more accessories are released, like the "rifle-pad" (to play Zelda's crossbow, can't remember the exact name), and the "wheel-pad" (to play mario kart), and stuffs like the carpet to do exercise Laughing . To put it in a nutshell, it drains money, and yet has no really exciting games.

Such a big disappointement Crying or Very sad

PS : Moreover, the controllers require battery. And that bores me Laughing But I guess it's a necessary evil.

didn't know wii sucked that bad Shocked
newso
spinout wrote:

Ok so the 360 has better grafix, but the margin is not that big - noone can live in a room with the 360 - too noisy too hot...

the graphics on th ps3 are way better. just look at motastorm and look at the ps3 potential.
{name here}
carlokes wrote:
Hi there,

Stay Cool

The Sega Saturn was a failure here in the US as well, but I actually liked the thing. They had some really good games, and today you can sell them for hundreds of dollars: the Panzer Dragoon Saga would have had to be crowning achievment of the system, and there were a bunch of other good ones such as Nights into Dreams and one game whose name slips my mind right now... I believe it was about fireman. Soviet Strike was good as well, but Soviet Strike was multiplatform.

The worst console ever, I would have to say, would have to be probably the Philips CD-i. That console has spawned so many terrible games that you can barely call them games. The Legend of Zelda series itself has probably spawned many nightmares when it was released on that console. It was probably its most memorable failure, too.
misterXY
newso wrote:
spinout wrote:

the graphics on th ps3 are way better. just look at motastorm and look at the ps3 potential.

the ps3 is literately missing scenes in alot of games compared to 360 Shocked
Flakky
catscratches wrote:
So what is the least succesful of those? Razz
misterXY
Flakky wrote:
catscratches wrote:
So what is the least succesful of those? Razz

i think ps3 will be shity but alot of companies dropped hd-dvd so.. i think theres a ps3 boot but also bullshit too.
urbanbuddha
Biggest failure of all time, Nintendo's Virtual Boy or Panasonic's 3DO or that Phantom system that was on the web a couple years ago.

The saturn was in no way a failure, it kept a decent lifespan (I think even more than the dreamcast). The major problem was dealing on how to code with multi-processors back then, which in fact is still an obstacle with current game development.
misterXY
urbanbuddha wrote:
Biggest failure of all time, Nintendo's Virtual Boy or Panasonic's 3DO or that Phantom system that was on the web a couple years ago.

the phantom looks amazing but pc's are cheaper now
LostOverThere
For me, its the Play Station 3. IT doesn't know what it wants to be. A cheap Media Centre? A slow Super Computer? Or a Rip-Off Gaming Console?
misterXY
LostOverThere wrote:
For me, its the Play Station 3. IT doesn't know what it wants to be. A cheap Media Centre? A slow Super Computer? Or a Rip-Off Gaming Console?

well said Razz
jerredk
I vote on Game boy / DS. It's too small and i don't like it. I have a game boy the first 1 and the advance. But i can't see it. The grahpics of some games. And a DS isn't cheap the first days. But thats with all console's.
blk3
The ones on the poll seems ok to me, but I think the worst consoles in my opinion are the Virtual Boy and Atari Jaguar. There's just nothing spectacular about this systems let alone the games they had.
RidersDX
Out of the ones I played, I would say the XBOX 360. It has some hardware problems on it that Microsoft should've fixed instead of shoving it int the market. The game library needs more variety in it too. But maybe I'll say PS3 is the worst if I get a chance to play it. Which I probably won't.
misterXY
blk3 wrote:
The ones on the poll seems ok to me, but I think the worst consoles in my opinion are the Virtual Boy and Atari Jaguar. There's just nothing spectacular about this systems let alone the games they had.

the poll isn't a vote on worst console.... Rolling Eyes
eday2010
Don't you think it's about time you changed the title of the thread? If it's not about the worst console, then don't have "WORST console ever" in the title. It makes no sense. It's like me starting a thread called "Best game ever" and then saying the thread and poll are not about what the best game ever is.
jtayl153
PSP, definately

Just a cheapo copy of DS and Gameboy Advance
misterXY
eday2010 wrote:
Don't you think it's about time you changed the title of the thread? If it's not about the worst console, then don't have "WORST console ever" in the title. It makes no sense. It's like me starting a thread called "Best game ever" and then saying the thread and poll are not about what the best game ever is.

got any ideas what to change it too? PM me
misterXY
NGage was pretty bad, but looking at it cellphone games right now r bad, maybe the nGage would've changed it?
Ankhanu
eday2010 wrote:

Useless.

Was wondering if anyone would list the Virtual Boy. Complete fail.

Not sure why you have NES in there as a worst console... it's one of the most influential consoles ever made and had a great library. Having to blow it out as it aged sucked, but it was otherwise a pretty sweep piece of hardware.
eday2010
Ankhanu wrote:

Not sure why you have NES in there as a worst console... it's one of the most influential consoles ever made and had a great library. Having to blow it out as it aged sucked, but it was otherwise a pretty sweep piece of hardware.

Because it was inferior in every way to the Sega Master System. The only thing that kept it alive was Nintendo's illegal forcing of licensed third party publishers to only make games for their system. Apart from that, the SMS was a much better piece of hardware. If it had the third party support the Gemesis had, it probably would have done better than the NES.
Ryflx
Headhunter123 wrote:

I would agree on the gameboy being one of the worst consoles but not the psp well depends if you homebrew but if you dont homebrew then its crap but if you do then u can play like ffvii and viii full speed which is impressive
spinout
In my oppinion xbox 360 is the worst one yet... noisy n you can fry an egg on it...
vonboy
one of the marks of a good system is when somebody else feels the need to try to copy you. aka, the ps3 and it's copy of the wii motion controls, the sixaxis.

so i'll say wii is best and ps3 is worst, for the reason listed above.
misterXY
vonboy wrote:
one of the marks of a good system is when somebody else feels the need to try to copy you. aka, the ps3 and it's copy of the wii motion controls, the sixaxis.

so i'll say wii is best and ps3 is worst, for the reason listed above.

PS3 is going to go down hill, over priced and it doesn't have the games just exclusive to it as they used too, hence GTA... haha
eday2010
It's gotten too expensive these days to make games exclusive to a system. Some will always be, but not like in the 90's when you didn't need 6000 people working on one game and production didn't cost $2 billion trillion dollars. Nowadays it is much easier for a game to not make money than it used to be. Not a good situation if you are someone who prefers something original over a sequel since it's financially harder to create an original game since you don't know if it will succeed as opposed to a sequel that you know will sell enough to make you a few bucks.
misterXY
eday2010 wrote:
It's gotten too expensive these days to make games exclusive to a system. Some will always be, but not like in the 90's when you didn't need 6000 people working on one game and production didn't cost $2 billion trillion dollars. Nowadays it is much easier for a game to not make money than it used to be. Not a good situation if you are someone who prefers something original over a sequel since it's financially harder to create an original game since you don't know if it will succeed as opposed to a sequel that you know will sell enough to make you a few bucks.

Two words, l agree.
Ankhanu
eday2010 wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:

Because it was inferior in every way to the Sega Master System. The only thing that kept it alive was Nintendo's illegal forcing of licensed third party publishers to only make games for their system. Apart from that, the SMS was a much better piece of hardware. If it had the third party support the Gemesis had, it probably would have done better than the NES.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on the worth of the NES, I think. I think it was a great system for its time. The Sega Master System was also a great system, and you're probably right that it was held back by Nintendo's licensing, but with my experience with the console, I wouldn't say it was much better than the NES as a system. I had a tonne of fun with both systems and both worked quite well. SMS's limited library was a hindrance for its popularity, but it was a good system. Nintendo had both the software and easy functionality in its court. While it might not have been quite as good as the SMS, it was still a capable system... certainly heads and shoulders above many of the the failure systems that have been produced.
ayour

Secondly to the worst console, I'd say that I agree with GameBoy Pocket, but then again I'd say that none of the consoles that have been on the market are bad. All the Nintendos have been great with a nice selection of games. I personally don't like Sony Playstaion, but I'm not saying that they are bad. No, not at all, Tekken series, Crash Bandicoot and may other PS games have been good. Segas have been good too and Dreamcast looked really good but then came it's down fall... Sad

Anyway, I'd say thta no console in its self has been bad. It so much depends on what standards players view the consoles and games.
misterXY
ayour wrote:

Why not?
spinout
misterXY wrote:
newso wrote:
spinout wrote:

Well - my biggest issue is the framerate!!!! So much power and yet lagg in plenty!!
why bother to release a game when it just lagging? hehe look at EAs skate - they had to release a patch for the framerate! Ea ...
misterXY
spinout wrote:
misterXY wrote:
newso wrote:
spinout wrote:

Well - my biggest issue is the framerate!!!! So much power and yet lagg in plenty!!
why bother to release a game when it just lagging? hehe look at EAs skate - they had to release a patch for the framerate! Ea ...

EA has alot of things going on, dont treat the employees right etc... Down with Ea.
spykE
From the list that has been given I'd say the PSP. There aren't enough good games coming out on it and the battery life still sucks.
misterXY
spykE wrote:
From the list that has been given I'd say the PSP. There aren't enough good games coming out on it and the battery life still sucks.

theres the potential, only if sony picked its socks up
misterXY
currently l think the worse console in our current gen is def ps3, it's slowly the dreamcast... good system but too pricey
QrafTee
misterXY wrote:
i personally think the gameboy pocket was very stupid cause i only know two kids who owned one... they dissed my gameboy colour.... sad fools, gameboy colour outlasted the pocket Razz.
lets not forget dreamcast though... too $$$ was only its downfall though.

*Note: if you got more then one, post your best one and post you're others Smile Shocked

The worst console in history would be the Phantom... which still hasn't come out and I believe is now vaporware. Well at least they were one of the first to believe in that whole digital age of gaming and no more CDs... too bad Microsoft is blabbering on about the same thing now. I dare them to shoot themselves in the foot come the Xbox 720.
buddyzer
The Winner is..........

Nintendo Virtual Boy!

it was ugly and uncomfortable to play.... THE WORST!
kanarya
duh wii sucks realy evryone excpected a lot more of it and they just couldnt make it worth ur money. i personally think PS# and XBOX overruled the WII letting the wii in the shades of the *bigger companies*
Maserman
my pc because it is so sh**
QrafTee
Maserman wrote:

Just because your PC sucks, doesn't mean it's the worst as a whole.
gugusm
Hehehe, I can't tell you, cause I have only PC. Anyway, I like it Wink
misterXY
QrafTee wrote:
Maserman wrote:

Just because your PC sucks, doesn't mean it's the worst as a whole.

Agreed, infact alot of pc games are ALOT better and there is alot more pcs then there is of a console... probably a 1:100 ratio...

And most pc's can easily make a text base game with dial-up, there you already have the most potential game out there. And theres some very deadly computers out there for gaming be default (AlienWare anyone?). And the computer console is so easy to price change things around, instead of a pc for 1200 at your local pc store, you can build your for 450? None of this "second hand" consoles for the cheaper prices, then again you can get a second..third... etc.. computer as well, so yeah you're pc sucks, mine is getting old now and slowly building my own (on the paper stage, financing, looking at the market trends hoping for a downfall for a price before l get stumped with over-paying), it's still a great pc!
Computers have to be the best gaming consoles asides from cards (which is banned in some areas of the world ie witchcraft, gambling etc..) Shocked
roninmedia
I have a few options that make it to the list for me.

1) Game Gear. For all it's technical superiority over the Gameboy with its better graphics and color, it forgot the one great rule of portable devices; battery life. It took what, 4 batteries to power it and it still ran out of juice so quickly.

2) Dreamcast. This is not a knock on the system when it comes to technical quality, it's about another portion of the system that made it falter. For all it's technical innovations over systems such as the Playstation and Nintendo 64, it failed in game copy protection. For it's time, I think it was probably one of the easiest game consoles to make working copies of games. I know for the Playstation, there was some hassle when it came to it with outside technical devices for it to work. Dreamcaast was burn and enjoy.

It wasn't the sole reason why the system failed; it may not have even been the largest reason why it failed. But to me, gaming companies are supposed to make their true profits on selling games and Dreamcast provided no real incentive for consumers to do just that.
simonwest80
Damn i feel so old compared to some of you guys - and if you want the winner for worst console ever my money is on the Amiga CDTV. Yep that is how bad it is most of you have never heard of it! This was a CD drive based Amiga/console hybrid very much the cheap mans CD-i. It was sooooooo bad, my parents bought me one for christmas but by Jan i had changed it for my trusty A600.

And for all you slagging off all the other consoles step back and look at the whole - enjoy games for games and try not to be so bitter

PSP imo is better than DS in some aspects(homebrew, Movie playback, football games), but on the other hand the DS is better (quirky "different games", battery life, interesting control system).
The same can be said for the whole Wii vs PS3/Xbox 360 vs PC, all these systems have drawbacks and benefits. Yes the PS3 is over priced but its still half the price of any blue ray player on the market - gief Hi Def DVDs!! The Xbox game wise does in the game dept what the PS3 does. And the Wii takes all of this and buts a quirkiness to the games which like Marmite you either love or you hate. I agree with a poster earlier who said after you get past the gimmick of the Wii it can be both frustrating and boring after a while.
leosthenerd
Xbox 360 sucks more than anything else, end of story.
Nebenator
Not enough options. Where are all the sega consoles? Atari?
miacps
I'd have to go with the Virtual Boy as the biggest bomb that I can remember. I remember playing Wario Land at Toys'R'us briefly and while it was an enjoyable game, the whole "virtual boy" idea was lacking.