FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Why did man create the Devil ?





spinout
Why did man create the Devil ?

There is a 'man create god' thread - and my first thought was that the first creation must be the devil...

But this really collapse so say? The obvious meaning of the 'devil' creation must be to use it as a 'power toy'. And secondly the escape sentence 'the devil made me do it!!!!!' Smile

when was the first apperance? the bible? Fallen angel? Still an angel so say?
Bikerman
Well, it's an interesting question.
A quick answer would be - I think it is likely that concepts of a 'Devil' or 'Demon' precede the concept of a benign deity. That is to say I think the Devil comes before God.
In pre-history people worshipped forces they did not understand. I think it is extremely likely that the first objects of reverence or worship were those likely to be malign - fear is a powerful incentive to religious worship.

Here is an on-line version of "The History of the Devil & the idea of Evil" by Paul Carus (Written in 1900).
truespeed
The only reason i can think of, is to blame all man's wrong doings on,after all you couldn't go blaming god could you.
coeus
In the world around us there is good and evil, no doubt about that. To believe there is a God who is good, then the evil must be driven by something...someone.
Aiuspaktyn
There is the morning and the night, the white and the black, the opposit... for this there is the devil... god vs devil...

P.S. Excuse my bad English, I'm Italian...
medievalman26
We didn't create the devil, that was what God did. If you are speaking metaphorically, then we did it to explain away the "bad" things we do. Ergo the phrase "the devil made me do it". "Great care we must take." Jedi Master Yoda.
palavra
Quote:
One of the most cunning of Iblis’s wiles is to make those who follow him deny himself. Since at this time those whose minds have been tainted by materialist philosophy in particular have been hesitant in these self-evident matters, we shall say one or two things in the face of this stratagem of Satan’s. They are as follows:

There are self-evidently corporeal evil spirits who perform Satan’s functions. So too it is certain to the same degree that there are evil spirits without bodies from the jinns. If they were clothed in physical bodies, they would be the same as those evil human beings. Also, if those evil spirits in human form were able to leave aside their bodies, they would be those jinn-satans. Even, it is as a consequence of this terrible relationship that one false school pronounced: “After they have died, excessively evil spirits in human form become devils.”

It is well-known that when something of high quality is corrupted it becomes more corrupted than something of less quality. For example, if yoghurt and milk go bad they may still be eaten, but if oil goes bad it becomes inedible, and even like poison. Similarly, if the most noble, indeed the highest of creatures, man, is corrupted, he becomes more so than a corrupted animal. Like vermin who enjoy the stink of putrifying matter and snakes who take pleasure at biting and poisoning, they take pride and pleasure at the evils and corrupt morality of the swamp of misguidance, being gratified at the harms and crimes of the darkness of evil-doing; quite simply they take on the nature of Satan. Yes, a decisive indication of the existence of devils from the jinn, is the existence of human satans.

Secondly: All the hundreds of decisive evidences proving the existence of angels and spirit beings in the Twenty-Ninth Word prove also the existence of evils spirits. We refer this aspect to that Word.

Thirdly: The existence of the angels, who are like the representatives and supervisors of the laws of the good matters in the universe, are established and agreed upon by all the religions. So too, the existence of evil and satanic spirits, who are the representatives and ushers of evil matters and the means of the laws of such matters, is required by wisdom and reality, and is certain. Indeed, in evil matters, a conscious screen is more necessary. For as is stated at the beginning of the Twenty-Second Word, since everyone cannot see the true good of everything, the All-Glorious Creator has made apparent intermediaries as a screen in respect of apparent evils and defects, so that objections should not be levelled at Him, nor His mercy be accused, nor his wisdom criticized or unjustly complained about, and so that objections, criticisms, and complaints should be directed at the screen, and not turned to the Generous Creator, the Absolutely Wise One. Just as He has made illness a screen to the appointed hour of death in order to save Azra’il from the complaints of His servants who die, so too He has made Azra’il a screen to the seizing of the spirits of the dying so that the complaints at that situation, which is fancied to be lacking in compassion, should not be directed to Almighty God. And even more certainly, dominical wisdom demanded the existence of Satan, so that objections and criticisms in the face of evils and bad things should not be directed to the All-Glorious Creator.

Fourthly: As man is a small world, the microcosm, so is the world a large human being, the macroanthropos. Small man is an index and summary of the macroanthropos. The large originals of the samples in man will necessarily be found in the macroanthropos. For example, the existence of man’s faculty of memory is a certain indication of the existence of the Preserved Tablet in the world. So too everyone has experienced in himself the inner faculty situated in a corner of the heart which is the means to diabolical suggestions and temptations and a satanic tongue which speaks through the promptings of the imagination and the corrupted power of imagination, which becomes like a small Satan and acts contrary to its owner’s will and opposed to his desires—these are certain evidences to the existence of great satans in the world. And since the inner faculty which is the means to diabolical suggestions and the power of imagination are an ear and a tongue, they infer the existence of an external evil individual who blows on the one and makes the other speak.



http://www.risale-inur.com.tr/rnk/eng/flashes/13th_flash.html
achowles
Simply put: scare tactics. Heaven might not have been enticing enough as it is to pull in the masses. but if the alternative is burning for all eternity then people suddenly want to be good Christians.
Coen
It's really simple. Man created the devil to scare people in order to do good. It's the same as the boogieman who will take you away when you're bad. Belief is a system primarily based on fear. You need something bad to fear, there you have it: The devil is born.

(Btw. did you know that in a certain part of the bible the devil is simply described as god himself who is punishing people who do not believe his ways?)
cody4camp
man did not create the devil, his original name was lucifer the angel on the right hand throne of god, he rebelled against god wanting omnipotency and took alot of angels with him,(demons) and now you hear of exorcisimn, true but i really have never seen an excorcismn
Coen
cody4camp wrote:
man did not create the devil, his original name was lucifer the angel on the right hand throne of god, he rebelled against god wanting omnipotency and took alot of angels with him,(demons) and now you hear of exorcisimn.

So god actually created the devil. See, point is, if you (as myself) do not believe in a god then the question will keep, why did man create the devil as man also created god.
HalfBloodPrince
The devil used to be an angel, until he defied God.
Coen
HalfBloodPrince wrote:
The devil used to be an angel, until he defied God.

Like I said: If you believe man created god then man must also have created the devil and that is the question here, not who the devil is, everyone can read that in the bible for themselves if they want to. And what you say is not entirely true. When you look in the bible the devil is also described as the "merciful" lord himself persueing and punishing those who do not believe in him.
coeus
Coen wrote:
And what you say is not entirely true. When you look in the bible the devil is also described as the "merciful" lord himself persueing and punishing those who do not believe in him.


what tha-...what bible are you reading?
HalfBloodPrince
The Devil was one of the angels until he defied God and didn't bow to Adam.
Coen
coeus wrote:
Coen wrote:
And what you say is not entirely true. When you look in the bible the devil is also described as the "merciful" lord himself persueing and punishing those who do not believe in him.


what tha-...what bible are you reading?

The same bible as you are. In Holland there is a man called Maarten 't Hart. He was raised christian but he stopped believing and wrote several books regarding it. I could look up the part in the bible where it is being said if you'd like.
coeus
Coen wrote:
The same bible as you are. In Holland there is a man called Maarten 't Hart. He was raised christian but he stopped believing and wrote several books regarding it. I could look up the part in the bible where it is being said if you'd like.


Please do.
ainieas
Man needed God to take the place of parents, I guess. I mean to know that there is someone watching over us who can make all the wrongs right. Someone immortal, everlasting.
The Devil? I guess to put the blame for all the wrongs!
fx-trading-education
I think that for the first Gods the separation good/evil was not so clear.
The Gods had a domain (like wind, sun, plants...) and they were managing everything in their own domain. Sometimes they were happy, sometimes their were angry so there were good and bad consequences. (Gods were more like humans but more powerfull)
Then man decided to change that and split the responsibilities.
To move from a vertical organisation (psecialized by "product") to an horizontal organisation with only 2 guys one for all the good and one for all the bad.
As any organisational change it doesn't make more sense than before but it reduces the number of resources.
Bengt
Created by religion, which is the opium of the people.
shakib
Devil was once among the angels. He was made of fire. God once asked his angels to bow to humans. All angels did but one refused. He said he was made of fire and humans are below his standrads. He disobeyed God and became Devil.
[/list]
loyal
spinout wrote:
Why did man create the Devil ?

There is a 'man create god' thread - and my first thought was that the first creation must be the devil...

But this really collapse so say? The obvious meaning of the 'devil' creation must be to use it as a 'power toy'. And secondly the escape sentence 'the devil made me do it!!!!!' Smile

when was the first appearance? the bible? Fallen angel? Still an angel so say?


The devil goes far back before the Bible. The religion of Zoraster for example has a devil in it. The devil himself is agreed by the Abrahamic religions to be some form of a demon (or whatever technical name you want to use), but they differ in how he became a demon. Islam says satan was a Jinn, while Christianity says he was an angel. I have not researched satan's origins in christianity, but i suspect the idea of "fallen angel" is yet another addition to christianity, after Jesus.

Islam however does not say that all temptations come from the devil. Some come from the self. You can tempt yourself to do something. This is where Jihad comes in (inner struggle).
Muslims do not use evil as an excuse for any sinful actions, as it is their own fault for choosing to performing the action anyway.

On a more atheistic and scientific approach, one could put forward the hypothesis that temptation is an altering of hormones. E.g. more specific hormones might make you more aggressive.

may Allah bless you.
Klaw 2
A lot of religions have "evil" gods or creatures. Norsemen had Loki ancient egyptians had Set and christians have the Devil.

The devil was created to represent all evil things that happened. Erupting vulcanoes floods etc.
It was more or less to create a balance. Like ying yang.
mina
The way I see it, the devil, or any kind of evil deity, was created to fulfil a need for an excuse.

Humans have long had "evil" acts of violence that are looked upon as terrible, and as such are cast aside by their society. It extends all throughout history, in every civilization. Thus, humans have long sought the reason for these awful deeds, and more often than not the idea of an evil entity seems to come into play.

Its difficult to pinpoint the place in human emotions, thoughts, or other means of self that causes them to do the things they do, let them be "good" or "evil." A murderer, for example, is considered "evil." When we can't discern the reason for wanting to do things that are poor examples of human behavior, we tend to want to blame them on an outside souce. As many have quoted, "the devil made me do it."

Its much easier to find some kind of scapegoat for behavior you wouldn't want to answer for. And what better one than the devil?
videoguy
'The way I see it, the devil, or any kind of evil deity, was created to fulfil a need for an excuse.

Humans have long had "evil" acts of violence that are looked upon as terrible, and as such are cast aside by their society. It extends all throughout history, in every civilization. Thus, humans have long sought the reason for these awful deeds, and more often than not the idea of an evil entity seems to come into play.

Its difficult to pinpoint the place in human emotions, thoughts, or other means of self that causes them to do the things they do, let them be "good" or "evil." A murderer, for example, is considered "evil." When we can't discern the reason for wanting to do things that are poor examples of human behavior, we tend to want to blame them on an outside souce. As many have quoted, "the devil made me do it."

Its much easier to find some kind of scapegoat for behavior you wouldn't want to answer for. And what better one than the devil?'

in fact, in ancient times in the middle east, communities would cleanse their souls by putting all their sins onto the goat, and sending it off into the desert to die of dehydration.

Its funny, tho, that the devil was the best friend of God until he pissed God off. lol.
Bikerman
@videoguy - please use quote tags to enclose stuff which you wish to quote. ie use the word quote in square brackets at the start and /quote in square brackets at the end. It makes it much more readable.....
catscratches
The reason is more or less the same as the creation of a god.

The people could be controlled. You could define what was bad and what was good and force people to do these things. Might and greed.Wohoo!
Poetsunited
the first reference to the devil i think is with the apple and eve but what i call strange is that the fallen angel lucifer is later referred to as the devil...

How can that be when the devil is already down when lucifer plots against god and gives people on earth a brain and a mind of our own. THEN lucifer is cast down with the words ( "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!")
Lucifer was cast down because he tried to enlighten people to make up their own mind so they could chose to follow him instead of god.

enlighten people... so more then eve alone i supose, thats why i believe that Satan and Lucifer are 2 different people but that got mixed up by people who never read the bible or who just listen to people that tell them that lucifer and Satan are alike.

anyway why did the church made hell ?
because they need to bring fear amongst the lowest people ( in those days people were really afraid of hell so they gave a lot of money to the church just to make their path safe to go to heaven )
Why did the church made Lucifer?
Because they need to put an example, THIS WILL HAPPEN TO YOU IF YOU OPPOSE GODS WILL
Why did the church made Satan?
Because they need to make something abstract as 'EVIL' into something concrete as 'the devil' so people understrand it better.
Bikerman
Poetsunited wrote:
the first reference to the devil i think is with the apple and eve but what i call strange is that the fallen angel lucifer is later referred to as the devil...
There is no reference to the Devil, Satan or Lucifer in Genesis. Eve is tempted by the serpent.
Genesis 3;1 wrote:
Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made
There is no suggestion that the serpent is Satan. That suggestion is made much later in the Book of Revelations - the 'maddest' book of the New Testament. If you believe Revelations then you believe the serpent was the Devil/Satan, but Genesis does not make that claim. Personally I think Revelations is the work of a very disturbed mind, nothing more.
eznet
Quote:
Now it is such a bizarrely impossible coincidence that anything so mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the nonexistence of God. The arguement goes something like this:

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," say Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't though of that" and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
- Douglas in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Seems about right Wink
catscratches
Poetsunited wrote:

Why did the church made Lucifer?
Because they need to put an example, THIS WILL HAPPEN TO YOU IF YOU OPPOSE GODS WILL.
How strange that I'm still alive then?
biljap
Because everything has its good and bad side… And just like there are good and bad people, it is logical that there will be something opposite of goodness that God represents – and that’s devil.
3axap
The brain of man is arctic, that a timber-toe by lightness perceives "black" and "white", "good" and "evil". Following the simple way of persons necessarily will create itself similarity of gods and devils.
Bikerman
I'm not familiar with this dialect. Is it basic gibberish with double-dutch pronunciation?
catscratches
And a touch of irrelevant statements. (Just kidding, please try not to get offended Razz)

I can't agree that the God should be good according to everything I've read. Punishing homosexuality with death and valueing women as lesser beings doesn't seem to be very much in the manner of someone good.
justinrocks
I think its because man thought if there is a ultimate good thing called 'GOD', there should be a ultimate bad thing. So it can be compared with the good thing. Just think if we all did not know anything about what is bad in this world then we will not even know what is good too.

Take anything you will find this relation. If there is rule for everyone who follows it is Good and who doesn't is Bad. Likewise men created two things which has no proof of existence that is God and Devil.

Its simply GOOD Vs BAD.

So men created Devil just to compare with God and show that how good is the God.
fx-trading-education
It is just a simplistic and primitive separation of the world in 2 parts, like we teach children about good and bad and that they will get a reward for good actions and be punished for bad actions.
When you grow up you understand that nothing is 100% bad or good (even if it looks so) but that would be considered dangerous to teach children.
Religion do the same tining and of course cannot admit that something has to be imperfect: could you imagine an imperfect god !
roxys_art
spinout wrote:
Why did man create the Devil?


So women would have something kinky to dress up in when role playing...

You know, with the tight, red, spandex suit along with the tail and the horns. Evil or Very Mad Oh yeah, that's what I like!!!

But seriously (kind of), I think someone already mentioned what I was really going to say. Basically, people like to put labels on things. Not sure why, but it's human nature. I find myself doing it without even noticing sometimes.

Here the distinction is between Good and Naughty...wait, I mean evil. Good and Evil.

Fortunately (or unfortunately), the world is not this black and white.
Melacos
Well basically deities were invented to explain things otherwise unexplainable, and furthermore, I guess, to have somekind of influence (e.g. through prayers, sacrifice etc.) on those things. These ultimately positive chraracteristica, were difficult to combine with all the bad things happening - for example a bad harvest, even though the praying had been done. Therefore a counterpart was necessary - that be the devil or whatever..
Well, that's my humble view...
DismalTroll
Sadly i have to say that after reading all these posts nothing new has been said. I would think is possible that the subject is thin indeed and all imagination needed to fill in all the holes that are represented by simply not knowing has been exhausted. Ever since mankind recognized the need to explain the unexplainable the supernatural was summoned . God shaven or with a beard, a man, a woman, various skin colors, angels wings or with out, demons , evil things etc etc etc or simply God with out form. ENOUGH ALREADY. Let somebody say something novel and fresh....God willing Very Happy
myleshi
The better question is why did man create a god? The devil can be seen as a natural construct of a god,
good must have an opposing side, evil.

Is there any concrete evidence of the existence of ANY supernatural being? I haven't seen any.
Believing in something doesn't make it so, it must exist to be real.
liljp617
myleshi wrote:
The better question is why did man create a god? The devil can be seen as a natural construct of a god,
good must have an opposing side, evil.

Is there any concrete evidence of the existence of ANY supernatural being? I haven't seen any.
Believing in something doesn't make it so, it must exist to be real.


Which came first, the god or the devil? Laughing Laughing
myleshi
Quote:
Which came first, the god or the devil?


Ah, the "chicken or the egg" question, eh?

I would probably have to say a god or higher being came first, as man fought to explain the natural world (weather, death, natural diasters, etc). A god would be in control of those forces of nature that early man saw as supernatural.

The devil would be the one who caused all evil in the world, killing, robbery, and so on.

Just a guess Confused
liljp617
Razz What if they experienced evil before good?!
Indi
Actually, liljp617 is right. There were "devils" before there were "gods". The original gods of the old religions were all like angry, selfish children. If you wanted to do something, or even if you just wanted to grow crops and live peacefully, you had to appease them somehow - with a ritual or sacrifice. You can still see evidence of this in the Old Testament.

Benevolent gods - gods that protected your group against enemies so long as you kept them happy - were a much later invention. This is pretty much what the Old Testament god is (and it carries over into the New Testament, in parts).

And of course, the modern concept of benevolent gods - gods that really, really just want to be good, and something (for example, the devil or sin) is getting in the way... which is what you see sorta-kinda in parts of the New Testament - came after that.

(By the way, i'm using the Bible to show the progression, but the Bible invented none of these things. The Bible writers were major plagiarists of other religions.)
Benita
John 1:1 - 5
1. In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the Word was God. 2. He was in the beginning with God 3. All things were made through him and without him nothing was made that was made. 4. In him was life, and the life was the light of me. 5. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Genesis 1:1-2
1. In the Beginning God Created the Heavens and the earth. 2. The word was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the spirit of God was hoveriing over the face of the waters.

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Colossians 1:15-17
15 Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before God made anything at all and is supreme over all creation. 16 “Christ is the one through whom God created everything in heaven and earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see – kings, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities. Everything has been created through him and for him. 17 He existed before everything else began, and he holds all creation together.

John 3:16 - 17
For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through him might be saved.

John 10:10
The thief (the Devil) does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.

Has anyone ever told you that God loves you and that he has a wonderful plan for your life? I have a quick question to ask you.
If you were to die this very second, do you know for sure, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you would go to Heaven?

Let me quickly share with you what the holy bible reads. It reads "for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" and "for the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord". the Bible also reads, "for whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved". And you're a whosoever" right? Of course you are, We all are!!!

"If I were standing with you, My Prayer to the Lord for you would be" - Lord, bless "my new friend" and his/her family with long and healthy lives. Jesus, make yourself real to "my new friend" and do a quick work in his/her heart. If "my new friend" has not received Jesus as his/her Lord and Savior, I pray he/she will do so now.

"my new friend", if you would like to receive the gift that God has for you today, say this with your heart and speak it with your lips out loud.

Dear Lord Jesus, come into my heart. forgive me for my sin. Wash me and cleanse me. Set me free. Jesus, thank you that you died for me. I believe that you are risen from the dead and that you're coming back again for me. Fill me with the Holy Spirit. Give me a passion for the lost, and a hunger for the things of God and a holy boldness to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm Saved; I'm Born again, I'm forgiven and I'm on my way to Heaven because I have Jesus in my heart.


Always remember to run to God and not from God because He loves you and has a great plan for your life.

You will continue to learn of God and his plan for your life by reading the word of God "The Bible" and talking to Jesus. Learn more about Jesus by finding a good church as this is the gateway to Heaven.

I accepted Jesus as my personal savior December 2007. My life was full of sin, and the devil had taken much off me, Jesus is my strength and my life is beiing restored. We all have a God Shape whole in our hearts, we just need to let him in. I am 45 years of age and Jesus knocked on the door of my heart. He loved me first, so I can love him. (True Story) GOD IS LOVE
makhtar
Coen wrote:
It's really simple. Man created the devil to scare people in order to do good. It's the same as the boogieman who will take you away when you're bad. Belief is a system primarily based on fear. You need something bad to fear, there you have it: The devil is born.

(Btw. did you know that in a certain part of the bible the devil is simply described as god himself who is punishing people who do not believe his ways?)


It's hard to believe what you can't see; that's why many people still don't think that God and Satan exist. But I prefer to close my eyes and trust what is written on my favorite religious book: Satan was forced to exil, because of his rebellion; he didn't want to prostrate in front of Adam; feeling superior to him....
Bikerman
makhtar wrote:
It's hard to believe what you can't see; that's why many people still don't think that God and Satan exist. But I prefer to close my eyes and trust what is written on my favorite religious book: Satan was forced to exil, because of his rebellion; he didn't want to prostrate in front of Adam; feeling superior to him....
That's a quite profound statement of religiosity.
'close my eyes and trust...'
I find it very depressing.
Benita wrote:
Let me quickly share with you what the holy bible reads.

I think you can assume, Benita, that most of us are familiar with the bible. I'm very happy for you if you have found personal happiness by accepting Jesus as your saviour - good on you. I find personal happiness in other ways. Quoting large chunks of the bible is OK I guess, if you have a point. I don't really see your point - other than to say you are happy to be a Christian. The topic is 'why did man create the devil?'. I notice that none of your biblical references has any mention of the devil - the reference in John is to the thief and I don't think you really understand the parable that you are quoting. Jesus is talking about people (sheep). The thieves and robbers in the parable are those who would lead other people (the sheep) onto false paths. He is talking about false prophets, not the devil, which is easy to see when you look at the words - 'them' not 'he/it'.
John 10;1 wrote:
"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber.

John 10:8 wrote:
All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them.

Get it?

You really should read your scripture a bit more carefully if you intend to base your belief system on it and preach to others.
cahdecah
God did create the devil, but not as he is today. The Bible, which is the Word of God, so states; and that is sufficient and final. Where is the man or woman into whose mind has not come the question, Why?

According to the Bible, the devil is a being, a person, a spirit. He is not a myth. He is a real individual. There is one and only one devil, though there are many demons. He is spoken of as the Serpent, the Dragon, Beelzebub, and Satan. He cannot be described as an evil influence or force. There is only one Book that contains his true history and that Book is the Bible. The devil of the Bible is a personal devil. He is at the head of all evil forces. For all that is in the world which is not of the Father, Satan is responsible directly or indirectly; the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eye and the pride of life. He is likewise the supreme director of all religious systems condemned by the Bible, and many of these systems he carries on in the name of God and Christ. He is a clever counterfeiter.

Hallelujah !
Bikerman
cahdecah wrote:
God did create the devil, but not as he is today. The Bible, which is the Word of God, so states; and that is sufficient and final. Where is the man or woman into whose mind has not come the question, Why?
Well, let's have your justification for that please. How do you say that the devil was 'created'? Which scripture do you take as your source? Do you seriously contend that the idea of devils/demons did not exist before the bible?
Benita
The reason I spoke to you in scripture is because it will not return void.

John 10:1 is speakiing of the devil. I can appreciate your thinking, however, if you speak to someone who has been filled with the holy spirit and have their spiritual eyes open.
You will know the truth and the truth will set you free.


I did get verses to talk to you about the devil, but he isn't worth talking about. The grace of god is totally amazing is is what would be worth discussing. I won't be contributing to this thread anymore.
All I can say is that the Devil is a real spirit of deception. God is a spirit who wants to give ever lasting life. You are a spirit inside your body, this spirit will live on after death and will either be with the Lord or separated from the Lord.

Love Benita.
Bikerman
Benita wrote:
The reason I spoke to you in scripture is because it will not return void.

John 10:1 is speakiing of the devil. I can appreciate your thinking, however, if you speak to someone who has been filled with the holy spirit and have their spiritual eyes open.
You will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
LOL. So this holy spirit means that you can read things into the bible which are not actually there does it? In that case I think I'll pass on the spirit - sounds a bit dodgy to me.

You might like to think that you understand the parable of the good shepherd in John, but I'm afraid you don't. It is very clear in the context of John 10 what Jesus is talking about. The stranger, the thief and the robber are veiled references to the scribes and Pharisees with whom this whole section of the bible is concerned. If you have truly read it this would be apparent. He is describing them as false leaders/false prophets - false shepherds if you will. It really is pretty obvious.
Poetsunited
imo, church created the devil so that the crisis they had at that time would be solved ( during the middle ages at first people began taking distance from the church but then later feared it again thanks to the devil and the thought of going to hell )

This is mainly a way to get more money :p people don't wanna go to that ugly looking guy who got his ass kicked out of heaven...

- kev -
Bluedoll
Why did man create the Devil?

To answer a question like that would be look at creation itself.

For example, my boyfriend. What will I make out of him! This is someone who came into my life with flowers and who at times I would like to strangle. I suppose, he does things for me like no one else but sometimes I wonder why I have him around. Maybe we need the bad to see the good?

Why is everything in two’s? Two hands, two thumbs, a day and a night, a saint and a villain and just too much sometimes. That’s why I hate and love at the same time I guess.

Everything seems to have a place and a purpose.

Maybe, we just make our house (our world) to live in and a big bad machine to break it down if it gets non-repairable.

the bible Isaiah14, well... Isaiah14:12 says it like it is.
Related topics
Moderators: Why did u closed my poll ?
I have 6 point, why did you send me ...
The answer to "Why did the Chicken Cross the Road???&am
why did u ban my account
Why did the chicken cross the road?
Do Nonbelivers Go Too Hell?
books about islam
why did "god" create "satan"
Why did the chicken Celebs answers
Did Man Really Land on the Moon???
Why did God create humans?
Did GOD created Evils?
WHy did Human being create GOD?
Why did god create viruses?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Philosophy and Religion

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.