FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Have you Given "GTA San Andreas" a try

jcnet
Oh Man, I've just started to play GTA San Andreas.... Really a cool game......

So what do you people comment on the Game??

a few words on GTA San Andreas::::::::;

Quote:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is a sandbox-style action-adventure computer and video game developed by Rockstar North. It is the third 3D game in the Grand Theft Auto video game franchise and fifth original game overall. Originally released for the PlayStation 2 in October 2004, the game has since been ported to the Xbox and Microsoft Windows, and has received wide acclaim and high sales figures on all three platforms. San Andreas was preceded by Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and will be succeeded by Grand Theft Auto IV.

Set in 1992,[5] the game revolves around the main character, Carl "CJ" Johnson returning home from Liberty City to Los Santos after learning of his mother's murder. CJ finds his family and his old gang, the Grove Street Families, in disarray. Over the course of the game, CJ gradually unravels the plot behind his mother's murder while reestablishing his gang and exploring his own business ventures.

Much like the previous entries in the Grand Theft Auto series, San Andreas's critical and commercial success has not been without controversy; explicit hidden content in the game resulted in the game's re-rating and subsequent removal from many retailers' shelves.

I mean all.... i.e Computers and Xbox and Playstation...... Arrow
minty
I own the game and have since a couple of weeks after it was originally released. When I use to play it a lot, I found it to be very redundant. Actually, Assassin's Creed is much like this game where there is a crap load of hype, however, the game does not live up to it. I mean I really like the game but after a couple hours of doing missions that seem to be the same it kind of gets boring. After playing for about an hour or two, I usually save the game and go to see how many police stars I can earn before being killed. I have never made it passed 5...any hints on how to? Also, I found the best way to earn money in the game...

So after you make it to the second island there is a mountain that you can do a downhill bike race on. Go up there and get on the bike to start the race. However, instead of racing there is a ramp off the edge of the cliff to your left. Jump off and before you land you are taken back to the top of the mountain. Yet you still earn cold hard cash for the attempt. Keep doing this and you will earn a crap load of money really fast!! Good luck!

--minty
Aiuspaktyn
I have Liberty City for my PSP and it's the most beautiful game for it!
When SAN ANDREAS for PSP?
misterXY
was short lived. needs to be more VC games out there. loved the style <3
sodredge
there is something about sniping from a tower and having a jet pack to make your get away that is just so "YES".
Headhunter123
I have played San Andreas, and I think it is the best GTA game so far. The only thing I don`t like with it are the bad graphic.
But they can`t make the graphic to good, because then the game would have been to big.

But I love the game anyway Very Happy
xbcd
I play this game whenever i have lots of stress. I just put in the unlimited ammo, armor, and health cheat then sit on the top of the roof of a building, with a helicopter, and shoot innocent civilians. Its soooooo fun.
Yjaxygames
jcnet wrote:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is a sandbox-style action-adventure computer and video game developed by Rockstar North. It is the third 3D game in the Grand Theft Auto video game franchise and fifth original game overall. Originally released for the PlayStation 2 in October 2004, the game has since been ported to the Xbox and Microsoft Windows, and has received wide acclaim and high sales figures on all three platforms. San Andreas was preceded by Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and will be succeeded by Grand Theft Auto IV.

Set in 1992,[5] the game revolves around the main character, Carl "CJ" Johnson returning home from Liberty City to Los Santos after learning of his mother's murder. CJ finds his family and his old gang, the Grove Street Families, in disarray. Over the course of the game, CJ gradually unravels the plot behind his mother's murder while reestablishing his gang and exploring his own business ventures.

Much like the previous entries in the Grand Theft Auto series, San Andreas's critical and commercial success has not been without controversy; explicit hidden content in the game resulted in the game's re-rating and subsequent removal from many retailers' shelves.

You should use quotes if you copy something. I bet you didn't write that yourself.

You're pretty late if you play GTA:SA now. It's almost 3 years in the shops now. It's a bit outdated. But it's still a great game.
ashish2005
GTA: san andreas a game which I enjoyed playing at my friends place. Played about 5 times in my entire lifetime. Those GTA games are really good. Killing at will, running from cops, stealing cars and bikes. I enjoyed all the GTA games form part 2. Played a lot of GTA 3 and vice city about 3 years ago at my cousin's place. But I did not get to complete gta:sa because it never worked in my own computer.
David_Pardy
I love GTA:SA

I just had a week of annual leave, and probably completed about 50% of the game over that week. I've finished it once before, by the way Wink.

I love doing the firefighter missions. When you first complete them, you become completely fireproof, which enables you to then smash a car to bits, wait for it to explode (you're not explosion proof, so stand back Razz) and then run through the fire and spread it everywhere! I do this to set other cars on fire nearby, causing more cars to explode and then you can take the money off the dead people. It's also funny - AND you don't get a wanted level because you didn't use a weapon to damage the cars!

I also love the espionage style missions. One solitary black dude on no less than 3 occasions sneaks into a military installation and steals expensive stuff, PURE GOLD.

And being free to tear through the countryside on a dirt bike, creating roads wherever I feel free - riding off impossibly tall cliffs has actually given me that 'falling' sensation.

The game really is a lot of fun, you just have to take your time with it and enjoy it - it's a sandbox, it's DESIGNED to be played how YOU want to play it!

Hell, I didn't even wait for Las Venturas to be unlocked before I went looking for oysters over there. There's 7 oysters in Las Venturas and 9 in the Desert, and hunting them down (only 3 or 4 of them gave me difficulty in the desert) with a 4-star wanted level provides a new challenge, and you tend to spend a LOT of money of food and armour to replenish your health and armour while the cops and swat are chasing you around Smile.

By the way, in GTA3, GTA:VC and GTA:SA I have stolen no less than 10 tanks from the armies in the games (in total, not separately) while having a 6 star wanted level.

GTA3 is harder to escape from the law enforcers than VC or SA, in VC you can just run away and they don't keep up. SA is a little bit harder, but not as hard as GTA3.

The trick though, is to find an interior with large glass walls and a second floor. In GTA3, (it's been a while), if you leave your hideout on the 2nd island and head right, to the end and then make a quick left and right, somewhere a little further along on your right is a two-storey interior with glass walls on other side on both floors where I used to sit, sniping pedestrians. The only problem with being in there is if cars explode underneath the floor you need to dodge the explosions.
Blu_Spykz
I bought it on the day of it's release, and haven't completed it. It gives me a headache - I still play (and have completed) Vice City though.
Yjaxygames
I played through GTA:SA in 2 weeks, I bought it at the day of the release too Razz
b4r4t
For me GTA SA is an old game, because I own it on my Playstation 2 (it was much faster then PC version).

What do I think ... I don't know - never finished it. For me it's just a game ... I prefeer RPG/jRPG (like Final Fantasy series). GTA can be nice break ... 1-2h of playing just for fun Smile

My brother liked GTA SA more, but now he don't have time for games (me too)
swizzy
when i my box had just 256 mb ram, and no graphics card, i owned this game then, couldnt play it because of not meeting the system requirements, i'm gonna try this game out now, coz i got my pc updated Smile

btw, i've heard that u can do gym and swim and your muscle increases in the game... Shocked
rsunderground
I have it on ym pc but it's soooo slow as I don't have a good graphics card Sad
Maddo
swizzy wrote:
when i my box had just 256 mb ram, and no graphics card, i owned this game then, couldnt play it because of not meeting the system requirements, i'm gonna try this game out now, coz i got my pc updated Smile

btw, i've heard that u can do gym and swim and your muscle increases in the game... Shocked

It's true, you can go to a gym and train your muscles or your stamina. Swimming gives the same effects :p
rpdlch
San Andreas was nothing compared to Vice city. Maybe its just me, but San Andreas seemed really slow and boring. Vice city was quite different with lots of mad shooting. You didnt need to go with a bunch a people in a crappy car as you have to in a lot of SA's missions. Vice city is definitely better. I think GTA IV might be good though. All I need now is a video card Laughing I hate onboard.

rsunderground wrote:
I have it on ym pc but it's soooo slow as I don't have a good graphics card Sad

Try setting the video options to low. I'm not sure if I got the options name correct but its a video option, so it shouldnt be hard to find. I have 32mb onboard video memory and the game works fine on the lowest settings for me.
David_Pardy
I found Vice City to be less fun than GTA3, and I reckon that SA and GTA3 are both great, but just different kinds of great.

I feel like I have a lot more freedom in SA.
vonboy
i have never played any of the GTA's, mostly because i have never owned a ps, ps2, or a psp. i am considering finally getting a ps2 soon so i can play some of the awesome games for it cheaply. i'm thinking about getting one of the first DDR games (i heard that they have lost quality with every new version), final fantasy 12, GTA San Andreas, god of war one and two, we love katamari, and i can't think of anything else at the moment.
David_Pardy
Get them for PC.

PC > PS, PS2 or PS3 :p
b4r4t
David_Pardy wrote:
Get them for PC.

PC > PS, PS2 or PS3 :p

You mean PC is better than PS,PS2,PS3 ... yea ... right Smile

For me ... PC is for WORK and Learning ... not for gaming Smile

Next thing is that GTA4 will come on PS3 ... and You and Your PC will wait loooooong time for Your version Smile

PC vs PS ... none is better ... both have + and - Smile
David_Pardy
It's alright, I live in Australia. I wait a looong time for everything that comes out anyway.

And you can't win this 'argument' with me, because I refuse to argue - therefore I win by default, because I don't need to defend my position :p.
nTonio
I have too say that this game owns several games inside of her, and I think that is the bigest advantage which I (becouse so) recomend to all, and That is why I like just have fun in a train or in choper / plain Smile, specialy when I have 4 .... 5 stars on my back Very Happy - Ofcourse with out any codes (what I consider as cheating yourself, yyy one or T other way is not wright - in my opinin. Yhe game loses it's taste and fun.
Vladalf
I liked at San Andreas to go on a harley bike through the desert. I like to explore in games. Wink
Nutteloos
I loved how San Andreas had a lot of 'nothing' in it... in GTA3 and Vice City, it was just one big city and that's it, while in SA you could ride for several minutes on the freeway - ah, good times. Makes me wanna reinstall it and complete it all over again. (for the third time)
silverdown
No I have not, I heard it was excellent and fun with really nice graphics. Maybe I'll go pick up a copy sometime Very Happy
Nutteloos
Should be cheap enough by now - if you ever played (and liked) GTA3 or Vice City, you'll love this.
mattchun
I really love the GTA series, it's so cool.
arbab
i am also a big fan of grand theft auto series. games in this series are really addictive.Once you start playing then you cant get your hands of the game . In my opinion Vice city is much better than Sand andreas.
votd
GTA: San Andreas rox. Yet again, the first game I would ever play, would be San Andreas if I had to choose from my rich collection. It's the first game to play for me, because it's fun. It doesn't matter how many times I was playing it already. It's has a great value for me.

I love Urban Chaos also. It's from 1999, everybody considering it like a half of crap, but still I think it was amazing, funny game. Amazing enough to buy it.
Keran
GTA is my personal favourite and I think the most popular series of games ever made...
I remember playing GTA2 via lan with my mates... aah good old times ;]
In GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas I kept looking for some awesome mods, new cars and stuff just to make the game even more fun than it is...
As for the San Andreas itself, I think it's something of a better Vice City with more of everything.

Now I'm waiting for GTA4, I'm praying for it to be the most awesome game there is ;] It better be Twisted Evil
wabik90
I've given GTA a try Smile Very long try... in fact I'm giving a try every day Very Happy This game is awesome, I love it Very Happy
eliteindia
yes I had given it a try.The game is very interesting.I like the bicycle ride and stunts. Cool
Fake
Yup. we all love GTA.

we all have need to do that sometimes, steal a car and drive like hell Very Happy
alalex
I think it is totally the best game for the times when ones bored... omg is just so great to go around doing whatever I want to do for 1 or 2 hours...

But still it is only cool playing with some friends, i get bored quickly if i'm alone... Sad
haydxn
i loved vice city, but for some reason could never really get into san andreas. it might be the music, or it might be the abundance of cutscenes... or perhaps it's just the character animation... i can't really remember.

i just remember i didn't enjoy it very much. the story was boring the crap out of me.
SpellcasterDX
I bought it quite a while ago. And yes I tried it, of course. And I enjoyed it. So much so that I already passed it. Not 100%, but about 70%. I like driving around, running from cops, and killing people. (The usual)

It's a good game. The only thing I lament right now is that GTA: IV is only for next-gen consoles, and all I have is a PS2. Sad
dirkvb
I've played gtasa for a while but i was around 60% and then my computer doesn't want to read the dvd. Really irritating.

That's one of the only bat points for the gtasa; the dvd-box isn't good, it damages the dvd when you put the dvd in it.

But it's a great game.

Greetz
BaggeN
SpellcasterDX wrote:
I bought it quite a while ago. And yes I tried it, of course. And I enjoyed it. So much so that I already passed it. Not 100%, but about 70%. I like driving around, running from cops, and killing people. (The usual)

It's a good game. The only thing I lament right now is that GTA: IV is only for next-gen consoles, and all I have is a PS2. Sad

It will reach the PC eventually.