FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

learn guitar online

frih
hey guys now you can learn online about how to play guitar,,siatr,piano,etc.... i have found these cool sites for learning guitar,siatr,piano,etc.... but frankly speaking guys i dont know how to play these intruments..but i always wanted to do that anyway you can check these sites. these sites contain various guitar,siatr,piano,etc.... lesson. you can also add other cool sites for other intrument in this post-------

For guitar---

www.guitartricks.com
www.learn-guitar-online.com
guitar.about.com/library/weekly/aa071200a.htm
www.guitartips.com.au/
www.guitar-online.com/learn-play-guitar.htm
www.chordbook.com

www.learntheguitarnow.com
www.cyberfret.com
www.blguitar.com

cool sites for learning bagpipes----
www.bagpipelessons.com
www.bagpipelessons.com/learn.html
www.learn2pipe.com
www.anyonemusic.com/2007/11/learn-bagpipe-online.html
www.selfseo.com/story-287.php
www.bagpipeonline.com/index.php?path=/archives/000363.php
www.worldwidelearn.com/online-courses/music-courses.htm
www.tutorom.com/courses/1503/Learn-How-to-Play-the-Bagpipes-Beginner-Lessons.htm

Sitar is an Indian music intrument. it has very cool, good sound. it is a traditional intrument of india.

cool sites for learning sitar online---

www.sharda.org
www.sharda.org/SitarLessons.htm
www.buckinghammusic.com/sitar/sittut/btut.html
www.buckinghammusic.com
batish.com/archives
www.learnersparadise.com/pages/Learn-Sitar_1277.htm
www.learnersparadise.com/.../senior-level-students
www.indianmusiclessons.com/MoreInformation.html
www.indianmusiclessons.com

some sites for learning Piano online------

www.learnpianoonline.com/welcome.html
www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/resources_ftp/client_ftp/ks2/music/piano/index.htm
www.gopiano.com
www.easypianobasics.com
www.pianobychords.com
www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/play_a_piano.html
www.free-online-piano-lessons.com
www.pianoworld.com/fun/javapiano/javapiano.htm
www.pianotricks.com

sites for learning drum online-----

www.studydrums.com
www.drumsdatabase.com
www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best/free-learn-drum.html
www.powerjamms.com/onlinedrumlessons.html
ababasoft.com/music/music02.html
www.drums-and-drum-sets.com/
www.justenough.net/kits/drums/sk_net.php
www.britchops.co.uk
www.worldwidelearn.com/online-courses/music-courses.htm

sites offering free Flute lessions------

www.markshep.com/flute/FAQ.html
www.43things.com/things/view/17397/learn-to-play-the-flute
www.fluteland.com/news1.php
www.childrensmusicworkshop.com/instruments/flute/index.html
www.andplay.com/flute.htm
www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=00Ai5E

some of these may not be working but i tried to add active links. you can also add other sites for other instruments also.
any question, just pm me....

hav a good time....!!!!

regards
abhi Smile
djclue917
What the... there is a thing called Google you know. I can search for all those stuff if I wanted to.
fpwebs
I already know how to play guitar and piano. If I get bored enough maybe I will take a look at these sites. It may be interesting...
Bananamango
they for shure cant replace a teacher.. but so far so good
sayhaime
I would like to knw the name of sites which teaches keyboard online.
liljp617
Bananamango wrote:
they for shure cant replace a teacher.. but so far so good

They really can replace one if you're not looking to know every single facet of music theory. You can have a very good, in depth understanding of theory and the instrument without a teacher given the amount of resources these days. Plus, paying for lessons is like making it a requirement that you practice and play. Might not be a problem for some people since that's the motivation they need, but for me personally, if it's more of a chore, I won't do it. Figuring out stuff on your own and working to perfect it is much more self-pleasing than having an experienced person say "put your fingers here, play these strings, etc." Obviously a teacher would help with technique, but that can be learned just by jamming with people who know what they're doing (which is also more fun and you often learn more than with a teacher since they go slow step by step even when not necessary).
Gabriel_Ns
Another good site is www.justinguitar.com , i learned how to play some songs in 1 week Wink
datter
This is a great idea for a thread, you can never have too many links like this. Smile
Bengt
thanks a lot man,
some links i hadnt seen yet on the net Smile
mazito
thnaks good links to get bussy some time
eienkisu
OMG! I've always been looking for guitar sites! Didn't know I'll find it here! And I just registered this account today!

LOL! Thanks! Very Happy
musicalrock
Good stuff.Thanks for the information.

Thanks

www.totallyguitars.com
jurl
wowww thanks dude!
slashnburn99
guitar hero came along

havent played proper guitar in 2 years

can play expert on on GH

maybe one day may pick the real one back up!

thanks for the websites
welshsteve
I've always used E-tabs

http://www.e-tabs.org/news.php
madenotborn
Ive been using justin guitar(mentioned above). There is dome really good stuff on that site. but for learning a song in just either use 911tabs or youtube its really easy to find vids
daefommicc
i love utimate-guitar.com... in addition to lessons u can get hold of tabs (guitar pro, power tabs, bass, tabs), interviews n reviews of ur fav bands (mostly metal... some rock)

i have learnt my guitar only from this site (in addition to cyberfret.com wich is not of much use... atleast for me) i have heard good things bout 911tabs as well (lessons in tabs format)
HerbalTree
This is fun I have been trying to learn to play the guitar and this thread is something im gonna keep my eye on!
gueda
Razz thank you very much for share all those links.
I will take a lot of thing from there to learn more about guitar

I like this very much for guitar: www.cifraclub.tv
Is in portuguese, but who speak only english can see the arrows up and down =]
ddukki
Has anyone actually tried to learn guitar from online sources? I'm curious as to whether they actually work. I've been teaching myself for a while now, just from what I picked up from listening to music and watching my friends play. It's really nice have a person right in front of you, but since it's mostly visual anyway, I was thinking that learning from videos online could be possible.

As for music theory, as long as you take notes - at least in my opinion - and apply it to "real music" examples such as songs you like, then learning guitar theory online should be like learning from a teacher's slides in school.
liljp617
ddukki wrote:
Has anyone actually tried to learn guitar from online sources? I'm curious as to whether they actually work. I've been teaching myself for a while now, just from what I picked up from listening to music and watching my friends play. It's really nice have a person right in front of you, but since it's mostly visual anyway, I was thinking that learning from videos online could be possible.

I prefer learning on my own. I'm dead certain I have some bad techniques/form when I play, but that's one of the beauties of it Smile Of course, I have nothing against people who take lessons...if Steve Vai took lessons, I'd say it's a nice thing to do if you plan on taking music/guitar as a career. Granted, Vai took lessons from two of the best guitarists to ever grace the instrument so...

Simply one of the best ways to learn how to play beyond the basics is to get a group of people and jam. Youtube has brought in a new era I think..well the internet as a whole has. There are so many lessons, even from the greats and as a younger person, you can kind of see someone like Hendrix play rather than just listen to him.

Quote:
As for music theory, as long as you take notes - at least in my opinion - and apply it to "real music" examples such as songs you like, then learning guitar theory online should be like learning from a teacher's slides in school.

I would imagine it's a little easier to be taught by somebody who has a 100% understanding of theory, both the small and large picture. But it's certainly not impossible to learn it on your own. Definitely not impossible to learn a good amount that can be applied to your music. You may not be some crazy expert giving lessons on theory or writing books on it, but you can certainly learn enough to make use out of it.
ortie10
I learned how to play guitar myself, like anything else it takes alot of practice. Never thought they would offer lessons online; interesting. I'll check em out.
Sphaerenkern
May be a bit off-topic, but here's a short lesson for Learning Guitar to Get Laid Very Happy
gverutes
I have found the best way to learn guitar is to download music (tab) or play by ear to your favorite guitar tunes. The more complex your favorite songs are the better. So learning a Zepellin song will go a long way compared to a Green Day song.

Ear training is very underemphasized...
RipperGOD
djclue917 wrote:
What the... there is a thing called Google you know. I can search for all those stuff if I wanted to.

Totally Agree!
Jamestf347
Now all I need is an guitar ha, I can read music though just need to get better at it because it takes a bit of train of thought.
tamilparks
thanks for the great tips to learn guitar online really its very useful for me... i am also searching for a very good site like this thanks frih
My7h
Cheers to that my friend, that is a really great topic to start and it has really me for a bit, thanks Smile
Phinx
This one is not free and not even technically online, but personally i have started learning through this CD and so far so good. The e-books included can be easily printed out and used anywhere (a bit of an upper hand against an online source) and it costs very little. Would recommend for people with zero knowledge

http://www.guitar-academy.com/
Vitalist
Thank you very much. I will try some guitar website today.
From what I saw up to now. The best guides are the guides of vguitarlessons, that can be found in youtube, google videos etc.
driftingfe3s
Wow all of this looks real good!

I taught myself how to play guitar few years back but I want to get much better, I'm going to try some of these online guitar resources you linked in hopes that Ill learn some new techniqes and learn more.
facebookturkey
thanks. it helped too much
tamilparks
Phinx its costly, but we need only the free guides
tedted
Not free but if you go here there are links to a great training package for peanuts -

Learn Guitar Online
tomisme
Big thanks for a huge list of website.
Very useful links.
rocking
Thank you I Really appreciate this,
I just returned playing guitar I was planning to look for sites like those.
Very Happy