FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Diablo II video problem?

hofodomo01
Well, one day, Diablo II was working find on my Windows XP. The next, I tried to run it, and it gave me a "failed to create game window" error.

Now...
-this problem can be fixed when I run the game in windowed mode (but I want it to work in fullscreen as well)
-I have DirectX 9.0c (shouldn't be a problem, as the game requires Dx6~)
-I searched the internet for this problem, and it seems that this only occurs in non-windows systems, and can be fixed using Wine (but I'm running Windows, and the program just worked the other day)

Anybody know what's going on? Thanks.
Coen
Did you make any changes or updates before the game started acting funny?
Diablosblizz
The game only updates if you are playing on BNET (or download it seperatly). I'll take it that you have the 1.11B patch. (I believe that is the latest patch for Windows systems) The game wouldn't update unless you go on BNET, and a new patch has yet to be released.

I don't think it has to do with patches. Try re-installing the program, if you do play Single Player then navigate to the Diablo 2 folder and save everything in the "SAVE" folder, then after install put everything back.

If you play on BNET, then you will not lose anything. I don't understand why this isn't working anymore, but for sure a reinstall will work.

After installation, maybe a few days later, if the error occurs again tell us what you did the day before or earlier so we can help you best.

Good luck.
hofodomo01
Sure, I'll try the reinstall and see what happens.
Diablosblizz
Best of luck.