FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Whats yaour favorite instrument and why?

ptolomeo
Ma favourite instrument is the violin. I think it is the most expresive one. Unlike the piano, the violin is able to play any tone, not fixed ones. What it loose in policromatism is gained in the continuity of tones.
ddukki
Stringed instruments are definitely fun to play (I play viola and guitar myself) but I love the way that the flute sounds. Airy, but smooth. Of course, I wouldn't want to hear a rock solo played by a flute, but it's one of my favorite timbres. But my all time favorite instrument is the drums. Customizable (especially with an electric) and accessible to just about any age, as long as they can hit them without hurting themselves. No other instrument, I think is as versatile.
Afaceinthematrix
I like the trumpet. It sounds nice and is fun to play.
The Mitchell
bass. any kind of bass even synth bass. but definitely bass.
Magicman
I think guitar is the best. Both electric and acoustic guitars have a wide range of possible sounds. The guitar can also be very expressive. Plus its fun to play (at least if you generally know how).
chartcentral
I would also go for the guitar, since it is the only instrument that I can play. Although I also think a harmonica is cool, if only I have one and I know how to make it produce music. Smile
Jakob [JaWGames]
It depends on where I am playing. If I am alone the instrument that I easily likes the most is the piano. You can put such emotions through it and it is a marvellous instrument to improvise on.

But when you have the possibility to play in group, then I have to choose trumpet. It is a mighty feeling to play with tenths of other windinstrument. The reason to why I like trumpet best of the windinstrument is partly because of its strong sound and that you mostly play the melody of the song if you play trumpet but it depends more on that it is the first instrument I started to play "seriously" I have to admit Smile
swizzy
Electric Guitar Applause

I love my axe, plus unlike acoustics, electric guitars can usually play lead, and solo too... and when coupled with a glorious amp... electric guitar produces melodies more awesome than any other instrument...
sandmanxyz
I love the electric guitar . Why? Combine it with a Mesa Boogie and you will get your answer Wink
Ankhanu
While I generally love instruments, cello and flute stand at the top. Their tones are extremely evocative and both instruments are applicable to many genres, even cultural groups.

swizzy wrote:
Electric Guitar Applause

I love my axe, plus unlike acoustics, electric guitars can usually play lead, and solo too... and when coupled with a glorious amp... electric guitar produces melodies more awesome than any other instrument...

While I love electric guitar as well, I have to disagree that acoustics can't be used as lead and solo instruments... I've seen/heard the contrary too often to think otherwise.
liljp617
swizzy wrote:
Electric Guitar Applause

Incredibly false. I suggest doing some searching and looking deeper into acoustic compositions. They are equally valid for lead/solos as electric guitar. I play electric, but your statement is either ignorance or crazy bias Razz
swizzy
liljp617 wrote:
swizzy wrote:
Electric Guitar Applause

Incredibly false. I suggest doing some searching and looking deeper into acoustic compositions. They are equally valid for lead/solos as electric guitar. I play electric, but your statement is either ignorance or crazy bias Razz

i was talking about my own opinion and feeling... ofcourse acoustic can be used for lead, but being a electric player, you too will be appreciating that electric is better...

anyways i'm just a guitar newbie.... so maybe i'm really biased... Cool
liljp617
swizzy wrote:
liljp617 wrote:
swizzy wrote:
Electric Guitar Applause

i was talking about my own opinion and feeling... ofcourse acoustic can be used for lead, but being a electric player, you too will be appreciating that electric is better...

anyways i'm just a guitar newbie.... so maybe i'm really biased... Cool

No sir =) I appreciate good acoustic music as much as electric. Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd is easily one of the best songs ever made and it is heavily acoustic. Zakk Wylde, the lead guitarist for Ozzy Osbourne is an avid acoustic player and his music is amazing in my eyes..both acoustic and electric. Just to name a couple. Almost all known electric guitarists in bands play/played acoustic at some point. Even Metallica adds loads of acoustic guitar into their songs. I appreciate both equally, due to the fact that each adds its own uniqueness and diversity to the music.

I think this will help you Smile

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ddn4MGaS3N4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VyN6tdg7ViI&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-HG-nKIXMis&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dt1fB62cGbo

Smile Just a few that might get your interests/liking up. Obviously you probably won't LOVE it like you do electric, but it's good to experience quality acoustic music.