FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are you a Coffeeholic?

KatanaSky
I LOVE coffee. It got pretty bad when I would go to Seattle's Best or Starbucks on the regular basis (if you think about it that's A LOT of money). I never went every single day but if I did that would cost me roughly... $4 x 7 = $28 x 4 = $112 a month!

...but I do love coffee and I make myself a cup every morning. What about you - what is your relationship like with coffee? Wink
Aless
I can take it or leave it. Sometimes I really fancy it (for the taste...not the caffeine), but most of the time I'd prefer a good cup of black tea. My fiance loves his to bits and couldn't imagine a day without coffee, but I prefer not to get too strongly addicted to any product with caffeine in it.
Afaceinthematrix
I don't drink it. The only way I would ever drink it is if it costs me a dollar at 7 11. Places like Starbucks are ridiculously priced and I don't see how anyone can spend the money on that.
endless
and don't drink coffe, if i need caffeine, i drink red bull Smile
kerryworkman
The only way I was able to afford my starbucks habit was by working there. I spent about two years as a barista, and having that much access to coffee is not always good thing. It has been about five years since I quit and I still have a really herd time going a day without the stuff. I am deffinately addicted to coffee, which most of the time I don't mind because I love the taste and even the warmth. Actually the only time it really sucks is when I can't get my morning cup, on those days you better keep your distance because I am a moody bastard. I dont go to coffee shops any more to get my fix, it would be too expensive, now I just brew it a home.
SpellcasterDX
endless wrote:

IMO, Redbull is worse than coffee cause of all the other stuff that's in it besides the caffeine.

Anyway I drink a lot of coffee, (hehe) but not on a regular basis. And not the whole year. I mostly drink it in fall/winter, and only a few times a week. Except for the holidays, that's when we have coffee practically every day. Laughing
BPrice
I cant stand coffee and would never pay $4 for one cup of any drink
Josso
I can stand it, but I wouldn't drink it voluntarily. It's tea all the way for me. I probably consume on average about 4 cups a day.
ozziejim
i only drink it in the winter, and then i REALLY drink it, i work long days and in the colder months it gets me through lol.

I cant go near it in summer lol, it gets extremely hot here and the thought turns me away.

FARMERS UNiON iced coffee ftw - Aussie brand, has about the same strength as redbull
JustCarol
I kind of like coffee but in a strange way... I mean I just don't drink every coffee that everyone makes, it has to be something like special... like I have a friend from church and she makes the most tasteful (if that's the word!) coffee I've ever had! I can't help drinking two or even three cup of coffees when I'm at her house... but I can't stand my mom's coffee or even mine... I've never tasted the starbuck's coffee because there's no starbucks in my city (I believe that here in Brazil we should have it in major cities like Sao Paulo or Rio)... what so special about it???
driftingfe3s
Back when I was in college I'd drink it black or mix it into my oatmeal if I was in a hurry. I don't really care for the taste, its something I just use to keep me awake for my exams. The only other time I drink coffee is when someone makes it for me, thus I don't get to drink coffee very much.
MrBlueSky
driftingfe3s wrote:
Back when I was in college I'd drink it black or mix it into my oatmeal if I was in a hurry. I don't really care for the taste, its something I just use to keep me awake for my exams. The only other time I drink coffee is when someone makes it for me, thus I don't get to drink coffee very much.

Huh? Serious? That's weird Shocked Smile
sabe
I am not a coffeeholic but I am addicted to caffeine. I get mine from soda. I drink diet so I don't get all that caloric content of the cafe late`s additives. This means I not only get the benefits of the cool drug but I rot out my teeth and my guts by the totally chemical material! When I am is a great mood I drink Cola. This way I reduce my body from taking in the calcium I need and allow me to experience the wonders of osteoporosis. The future looks wonderful!!

Better life through chemistry, I always say.
Liceneus
i love coffee with nicotine. i prefere endonesia type coffee, for example endonesia sumatra.
utsav2707
i like coffee but it should be strong not mild
endless
SpellcasterDX wrote:
endless wrote:

IMO, Redbull is worse than coffee cause of all the other stuff that's in it besides the caffeine.

Anyway I drink a lot of coffee, (hehe) but not on a regular basis. And not the whole year. I mostly drink it in fall/winter, and only a few times a week. Except for the holidays, that's when we have coffee practically every day. Laughing

i don't like coffee ^^
ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ
SpellcasterDX wrote:
endless wrote:

Redbull is forbidden in France Sad that's a shame!

I am also Coffee-Addicted!
endless
ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ wrote:
SpellcasterDX wrote:
endless wrote:

Redbull is forbidden in France Sad that's a shame!

I am also Coffee-Addicted!

come to holland and you get some red bull Smile

but you need to bring cookies Razz
skygaia
Yes, I do.. I really love coffee... usually I take several cups of coffe a day.
I know it's not good for my health but I can't stop taking too much coffees.
icecool
mmmmm yes coffee

yummy

i can drink it all day long. strong black no sugar. yes ia agree it is an addiciton - try to get me going in the morning without my pot of coffee is hard work. but i do prefer the real ground stuff prepared in a caffetiere to the granulated or powdery stuff on the market now.

cheers Very Happy
airh3ad
i dnt drink coffe much..but i like coffe..i love to drink liquor..
gr8inferno
not me, although I prefer coffee than caffeine enhanced drinks.
Xzoz
I'm not a coffeeholic per say, I hate the taste of it. I'm very addicted to caffeine though Laughing
Jolt does the trick for me, can't find the stuff much tho, so I usually drink 5-6 cans of it once I find a shop that has it.
Otherwise I might be inclined to try Redbull or other energy drink, prefer jolt though.
standready
First thing I do in morning is to make a pot for myself. Later in day, I will drink iced tea.
Futile
Hi, My name is Futile and I am a Coffeeholic. I had my last cup. Well...now actually. I drink coffee at work and at home all day long. I usually average about 6 - 8 cups aday at work that is over an 8 hour period and a cup at home. Bottomline is if there is a pot made I will dive in. "Brew it and I will drink". Starbucks, Seattle's Best and other coffee houses get my business occasionally. I own stock in Gevalia though. I get 4 different coffees delivered to the front door every 5 weeks. Is it the caffeine. I am sure it is but I am not a real big soda fan. I am also a barley and hops holic but that is a different thread. "So many pots...so little time."
Emmer-Compascuum
I drink coffee every day. Firstly, because I like its taste, secondly because it helps me stay awake longer during busy school weeks. I'm looking forward to drinking my first cup of that famed Starbucks coffee (with the closest one in the country being more than eighty miles away D=).
Aiuspaktyn
I don't like coffe... cocacola... chocolate... I like BEER... Laughing
friuser
I drink at least 2 cups in the morning. It's always in 2 cups and always with milk. No sugar. I also drink plenty of tea, way too much stains in my teeth but I don't think I can give it up. You just need a pick-me-up but that sounds so bad. Dark chocolate is the best. Always have some. :D
riv_
No coffee for me. But we do a from-scratch Chai at our house that is high art.
I was recently travelling, and couldn't find anything to satisfy my need for chai, and I was miserably cranky. I guess I'm officially hooked!
neji
I drink it in the cold periods of the year!

Unfortunately my college has moved to a new location (we now have the most modern college of the country for some weeks now Smile) but that's further of the center of the city where the bakery was where i bought my daily portion of hot coffee on snowy days Smile
silverdown
I drink cappuccinos which the place I get it from calls it coffee and my friends call it mystery hot coca.
I drink it every morning, just wondered why I haven't gotten a maker to make my own yet Wink . I sometimes drink coffee with 2 sugars and 1 creme from McDonald's or Wendy's. I don't seem how some drink it black, but thats there taste not mine. Rolling Eyes
Dean_The_Great
Coffee turns my stomach, I turn to energy drinks for the caff boost I need. I try to do this sparingly, however, as I wouldn't want the effect to lessen with resistance.
asim
Hi All,

well i can and you may say that i am addicted to coffe, coz i drink around 10 to 15 cups a day and in winter it reaches 15 to 20..... i love drinking coffe... i know its not good. but still better than drinking alcohol and anything else... when i dont get coffe i drink tea or red bull.......
Quote:
"Coffe I am Addicted"
Very Happy
nivre
most of the time i drink mugs and mugs of coffee especially when there is too much work and stress. also it keeps me awake all the time for dys of sleepless nights and days... STARBUCKS rocks! nice coffee, from the aroma to the taste....locally in our area, starbucks is not present so i have to be with purely brewed coffee from coffee shops...still the same coffee but less taste..
Zombie
I drink tea instead of coffee, but my sister can't get enough coffee. She is definitely addicted to it. It's strange but I don't really like coffee, it makes me feel sluggish after drinking it, and it leaves a wierd taste in my mouth.
thejam
I rarely drink coffee. The only times is when i just want to taste it. I like the sense and taste of coffee, but the amount people drink is just too much for me.
I rather have it Italian style. a little cup, with the flavours, and aromas of a big cup.
A ristretto or so...
Agent ME
I like the smell and taste of coffee, but whenever I have some with caffeine, it wakes me up, but makes me shaky, and too anxious to want to do anything, kind of killing the purpose of being woken up by it.
eggg
I'm absolutely in love with coffee, but Starbucks, not so much... Here in the northwest we're kind of spoiled with our local roasters, though. There are four in town (Oly Coffee Roasting Co., Batdorf & Bronson, Mud Bay Coffee, and Caffe Vita, which is from Seattle) that I'd take in half a heartbeat over Starbucks. I warm up about a cup of milk and brew moka pot every morning, it's the best. It is expensive though. I try to substitute tea whenever I can, it being so much cheaper...
biljap
I adore coffee! I’m not addicted to it, I can spend a day without it but if I have time, I like to drink it in the morning or while I’m preparing to do something on the computer – it makes me feel better and I can more easily concentrate on what I’m doing. I never drink more than two cups a day.
liorhm
Well, I usually don't drink that much coffee, but everytime I'm at work I become suddenly addicted...I drink as many as 6 cups for an 8-hour shift!
pocky_ninja
I drink it every 2-3 hours... does that make me an addict??
itolerance
hi,

yes i am a coffe holic and love to have coffe anytime.. i mean i am addicted to caffeine... i have redbull as a substitute to coffe. Very Happy
LeatherRose
KatanaSky wrote:
... What about you - what is your relationship like with coffee? Wink

man i drink coffe every day at work. sometimes 2 or 3 cups. i work in a call center for a mail order pharmacy, so too keep me up i drink alot of coffee in the expreso makers.
Bigrazer
I adore coffe too!! I drink coffe since i was 13 yers old... I drink 6 cups for a day... :/ I'm an adict?
Vladalf
Nah I don't drink coffe often. I drink 6 cups of tea per day tough Oo (my favourite drink) .
-Vladalf
Helios
Coffee with milk is one of my fabourite hot drinks. Nevertheless I don't drink like some people here (i.e 10 cups per day) - only one or two cups per day Razz
lastelement0
im a pretty decent coffee drinker. i dont need it in order to get on with the day. but if the coffee puts itself in front of me, i will drink it haha. coffee is good. haven't come across a type of coffee beverage that i didnt like.
doppleganger
i am a coffee freak, altho i agree with most ppl out here, that going to starbucks n other places on a regular basis is 22222 expensive
Liu
Fortunately my stomach can't handle coffee, I get baaad runs. So I've never been able to be hooked on coffee.

However, what's worst is that I can drink a ton of energy drinks like Rockstar and Monster.
Utopia GFR
I don't consider myself as being addicted to coffee since I have breakfast on very rare occasions but when I get to work, I usally look for a coffee distributor.

In one of my previous job experiences, I was kind of lucky to have every morning a good cup of coffee on my office desk and that helped me get through my sleepy state of mind for the whole morning but I didn't ask for more... making me once again so tired that I couldn't think straight for the afternoon.

In Belgium, lots of people use coffee substitutes like the very common "Red Bull" which I tend to drink sometimes when I really need a boost (before my radio shows).

Anyways, I believe that drinking too much coffee (excess of caffeine) is not good for one's health and that self moderation would be strongly advisable.

I found some interesting written article over the effects of coffee here :

Quote:
The latest research has not only confirmed that moderate coffee consumption doesn't cause harm, it's also uncovered possible benefits. Studies show that the risk for type 2 diabetes is lower among regular coffee drinkers than among those who don't drink it. Also, coffee may reduce the risk of developing gallstones, discourage the development of colon cancer, improve cognitive function, reduce the risk of liver damage in people at high risk for liver disease, and reduce the risk of Parkinson's disease. Coffee has also been shown to improve endurance performance in long-duration physical activities.

coffee is not completely innocent. Caffeine, coffee's main ingredient is a mild addictive stimulant. And coffee does have modest cardiovascular effects such as increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, and occasional irregular heartbeat that should be considered. Studies have been largely inconclusive regarding coffee and its effect on women's health issues such as breast health, cancer, and osteoporosis. But, the negative effects of coffee tend to emerge in excessive drinking so it is best to avoid heavy consumption.

Cya.
janrunejohansen
I drink a couple of coffess averyday, i think im not an coffeholic Razz
heartbeat
you are! a coulple of coffees everyday is a vice! It would be better for your health if you smoked a couple of weed joints everyday. to quit coffe eat lots of apples and drink black or green tea
ydjluv
coffee rules... I really and truly think that coffee runs through my veins instead of blood... heh.. Twisted Evil
DoctorBeaver
Yes, yes and thrice yes. I have an insatiable thirst for coffee. I drink, on average, 30-40 cups of strong, black coffee everyday. Some days I have more. My favourite is espresso.

Does anyone know what happens to the caffeine they take out to make decaff? I want to buy it!
D'Artagnan
No, no , absolutelly and negativally no, no way, no, i can control my self and *GLUPT* stop when i want *GLUPT*...

ok i drink much coffee but be easy on me i'm a programmer i can't program without the necessary levels of caffeine in my blood...

but seriously, i would like to know why theres such "coffee is bad" idea?
eXon3
Coffee's the best drink ever.
I can't survive without 3-4 cups of coffee during the day. It's some kind of a delight, I guess. It tastes awesome and it's pretty cheap. Helps you stay awake at nights while studying for a test, etc.
crimson_aria
Coffee is the best drink in the world, for me. I love coffee so much. I'm not sure if I'm a coffeeholic, cause sometimes, I go a day without it (whenever I'm lazy to make one). But I definitely won't hesitate to drink so much if it is in front me. Sometimes I think i drink more coffee than just normal water.
tijn01
I love coffee, although I try to only have a couple of cups a day. I just bought a nice espresso machine and some organic fair trade coffee, just grind a couple of beans and make myself a nice cupa..... yummmm, and it smells so good!!!!
I am in heaven!
ydjluv
lol.... seriously I actually think that coffee is good for your heart in small does but I dont think that we would fall in that category heh... Laughing
black1029
I like coffee when i starting my project i can concentrate on what im doing because coffee had a relactant solution....
watersoul
I'm absolutely rubbish at getting up in the morning so coffee to me is a tool to start my day pure and simple!
I hardly drink it at any other time than the morning, and when my alarm first goes off I run to the kettle and switch it on ready to pour into a mug with at least 3 teaspoons of the brown stuff, with no milk or sugar. It tastes pretty horrible and makes me shiver sometimes, but it does quickly snap me out of my dreams and into a mad-for-it zone ready to do my thing.
iamarun
I am not an coffee addict, but i prefer coffee to tea, I love drink at least 3 times a day.

First of all i like coffee because of the taste it has and also 'cas of the flavour that come out.

i also like coffee 'cas it keeps me awake.
Peterssidan
I haven't drink coffee in ages. I was only a kid when I sometimes tasted but I didn't liked it. Later I it have come to my mind that coffee make addiction to people. Almost like a drug but not with the same side effects. I don't think I will ever begin to drink coffee. I don't even eat sweets so I think I can avoid coffee too.
ankitdatashn
Well I don't drink coffee, infact never tasted it up to date to be precise!!. Also don't drink tea either, have drunk tea only about 10 times approximately uptill now.

But I do love drinking milk, 2 times a day for a cup of milk is fixed for me!!

I guess many people are milkoholic too!!
intruder_indeed
I have been drinking coffee over the last 5 years more so than tea. And I tend to drink more coffee than I ever used to drink tea. I could manage with about 3 cups of tea a day 5 years ago before I started drinking coffee, and now I do about 12 cups of coffee a day. Not a bad cuppa tea at all that. Laughing
Dbarkol
I like coffee Very Happy Laughing Wink
j_f_k
To paraphrase a certain general from a certain FF Coppola film, 'i love the smell of nero in the morning'.

Ever since I've got my argos special cappucino machine that was it. I can't go back to instant coffee. Also I've xtremely lucky to have in my workplace a free coffee bar that does proper coffee as well (not the vending machine rubbish - although they have that too).

If I have to pay for coffee pre-made, I guess I'm a sucker for the buy 9 and get the 10th one free little coupons from the said cafe nero - which makes nicest tasting coffee of all the chains IMHO.
ashen
I like coffees, but I'm not a coffeeholic.
I just like to drink it, and I'm not addicted to it.
skygaia
Yes, I am. Usually I take 6~7 cups of coffee a day.
bulek
I don't drink coffee because it stinks to me. I rather get caffeine in energy drinks, such as Red Bull and Shark.
refreshx
I really like coffee with a touch of half & half and splenda.
That just really makes my day.
The only thing is that my mom doesn't let me drink it often ):
So I just go to StarBucks and buy a White Chocolate Mocha Frap.
Heaven on Earth.
secondeye
most of the time i drink mugs and mugs of coffee especially when there is too much work and stress.
The rate of my increasing coffee increase during the Exams Schedule
All over the nite i drink Tea + Coffee Both, then i Prepare myself to learn my syllabus.
U know this Thing gives a lot of energy to AWAKE Very Happy Razz

also it keeps me awake all the time for dys of sleepless nights and days... NEsCafe rocks! nice coffee, from the UNILEVER Brand to the taste....
PatTheGreat42
I am not addicted to coffee.

Just, you know, sometimes in the morning, I like to have a cup.

It helps me wake up. I don't need it though. It's just a little luxury I afford myself.

Sometimes I have two cups, though. You know, just on some mornings, when I'm really tired.

But then I have to keep the buzz going. I hate a hangover. So half a dozen or so cups. But I take an hour to drink those, so it's okay. It doesn't affect me much.

Well except for that one time I snuck into the back of Starbucks and ate the coffee beans.

...all the coffee beans.

Sometimes I inject coffee directly into my veins.
smspno
I love coffee but I would not call myself a coffeeholic. Generally, I drink coffee to enjoy its taste and aroma.
adri
I love coffee to, It makes me well in the morning. Very Happy

But I won't call myself a coffeeholic or something cause I only drink like 2cops a day.

Adri
cloudship
ja, when I want to get sleep soon, I will drink some coffee for help Laughing

I don't know, I prefer to drink tea when I want a refreshment. A lot of people round me drink coffee and sometimes i am treated with coffee, but I just can accustom myself in that drink. I guess there's some anti-coffee gene in my body, lol
KatanaSky
I actually haven't had too much coffee lately, not that I've made a serious effort to not drink any (..or less rather) just kind of worked that way. The other day I went for a Starbucks run for the office - I only agreed to it because someone offered to buy coffee for me, so yep that's the only reason why I had one. Any other day (at least recently) I probably wouldn't go just because it costs near $4 for a "grande" I'd rather blend my own ice and coffee/milk lol
filet
I dont fall under the coffeholic but more a teaholic. Coffee just gave me a terrible headache so i stay away from them.
PennyLane
It's such a shame there aren't any Starbucks in Belgium... I definitely need coffee every morning, but only when I've eaten something, because otherwise I feel so so sick... My favourite is coffee with lots of milk, but no sugar.
zjosie729
I really don't understand why so many people like it, I hate the smell and the taste is only slightly better than it smells.
doppleganger
i also drink coffee

but mostly in the winter season

or when i meet my coffee buddy
tony
KatanaSky wrote:
I LOVE coffee. It got pretty bad when I would go to Seattle's Best or Starbucks on the regular basis (if you think about it that's A LOT of money). I never went every single day but if I did that would cost me roughly... $4 x 7 = $28 x 4 = $112 a month!

...but I do love coffee and I make myself a cup every morning. What about you - what is your relationship like with coffee? Wink

Actually we are quite different. I do not like coffee. I like the scent/ smell of coffee - i like to smell that when I wake in the morning, but to drink it is quite the opposite for me. I do not like the taste at all, even with sugar/creme.. all is unappetising to me.

Hrm..we are all different aren't we? And yet we can learn to get along with one another. it is a happy story in some ways... this life.

but for me... no coffee pls Razz
unknownc1c
lol not at all, i'm not in the least a coffee person. I truly hate even the smell of it :p Like when i go into a starbucks with anyone, i feel like i'm going to suffocate haha :p sorry that's just me, i hate coffee BIG TIME
misterXY
Why yes l am a coffee addicted, almost like my rage-a-hol Smile
escritor
KatanaSky wrote:
What about you - what is your relationship like with coffee? Wink

I do not drink coffee. Smile
PatTheGreat42
I don't drink coffee.

Not anymore.

I inject it directly into my veins.

Yeah, it's intense.
escritor
PatTheGreat42 wrote:
I don't drink coffee.

Not anymore.

I inject it directly into my veins.

Yeah, it's intense.

Shocked That's why I don't like it. It's addictive. Neutral
HamsterMan
My wallpaper says it all.

http://kuevlaar.deviantart.com/art/Caffeine-6151528
hofodomo01
ive never really depended on coffee for much. occasionally, when i needed to stay up working, etc, ive forced a few power cups in me before...
bri4n5
I just drink a coffee with milk in the morning. Smile
mtorregiani
I don't drink coffee very often, but I enjoy the flavor. It's way better that tea in my opinion.
gumkiss
I love coffee, but I drink it once a week, and in my opinion its way better than tea!
rufa
Yeah, coffee is nice. Nothing like a good cup in the lunch break Smile. In the morning I mostly drink tea though.

Milk, no sugar Smile.
arquivo
I like coffee, but everytime i drink, it calls for a cigarrete and iam trying to get out from cigarretes....so, no coffee, thanks!
jsymac
I don't see how you can get addicted to coffee Confused

I proberly drink around 8 - 10 cups a day because I like it, not because I'm addicted to it.
escritor
Shocked Do you ever sleep, jsymac?
uuuuuu
So, neither I nor my wife drinks coffee, but my wife has a terrible Diet Coke habit. It has probably been more than one year since she's gone a day without Diet Coke, and more than five years since she's gone at least a week without it.

So I can sympathize with your love for coffee, I suspect you have a caffeine habit.

My wife is trying to quit caffeine, she has been for just a few days now.

She tells me that some of the symptoms of quitting caffeine are irritability and headache, and from both of these she suffers profoundly.

And while for logistic reasons the FDA doesn't schedule caffeine as an addictive substance, the JAMA (Journala of the American Medical Association) does recognize caffeine withdrawal as a medical syndrome.

Wikipedia has this to say about caffeine:

Caffeine is a bitter white crystalline xanthine alkaloid that acts as a psychoactive stimulant drug and a mild diuretic[2] in humans and other animals.

Caffeine is found in varying quantities in the beans, leaves, and fruit of over 60 plants, where it acts as a natural pesticide that paralyzes and kills certain insects feeding on the plants.

In humans, caffeine is a central nervous system (CNS) stimulant, having the effect of temporarily warding off drowsiness and restoring alertness.

caffeine is the world's most widely consumed psychoactive substance, but unlike most other psychoactive substances, it is legal and unregulated in nearly all jurisdictions. In North America, 90% of adults consume caffeine daily.[4]

This is serious business folks. It might be that you drink so much coffee because you've formed a psychological addiction to it.

Love to all,

Uwe
uuuuuu
I just found this out about caffeine, and I wanted to share it as well:

"Because adenosine, in part, serves to regulate blood pressure by causing vasodilation, the increased effects of adenosine due to caffeine withdrawal cause the blood vessels of the head to dilate, leading to an excess of blood in the head and causing a headache and nausea. Reduced catecholamine activity may cause feelings of fatigue and drowsiness. A reduction in serotonin levels when caffeine use is stopped can cause anxiety, irritability, inability to concentrate and diminished motivation to initiate or to complete daily tasks; in extreme cases it may cause mild depression. Together, these effects have come to be known as a "crash".[59]

Withdrawal symptoms—possibly including headache, irritability, an inability to concentrate, and stomach aches[60]—may appear within 12 to 24 hours after discontinuation of caffeine intake, peak at roughly 48 hours, and usually last from one to five days, representing the time required for the number of adenosine receptors in the brain to revert to "normal" levels, uninfluenced by caffeine consumption. Analgesics, such as aspirin, can relieve the pain symptoms, as can a small dose of caffeine.[61] Most effective is a combination of both an analgesic and a small amount of caffeine."

Oh my gosh, there is so much more... go check out the article at wikipedia for yourselves:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine

Love to all,

Say hi to your mom for me,

Uwe
shovi
U know, i do love coffee.

But latly ive been drinking Yerba Mate. Its a different kind of caffein, and its organic.

I think a good mix of both is the best way to go Smile
jsymac
escritor wrote:
Shocked Do you ever sleep, jsymac?

I new there was something I was missing Laughing

I don't have any problems sleeping, I generally only have a couple of mugs of coffee in the evening
alyer
i drink only fresh coffee. i have espresso coffee machine and making this potion every weekends morning.
mafiawars
I love it cant wake up proper without it or work proper lol i also get mad if i cant get one but its all in fun lol what about anyone else
Dean_The_Great
I don't like coffee at all, but a friend of mine is a five cups a day kind of guy, and that's terrifying! If I need a cafeine boost, I'll just grab an energy drink, but that is seldomly.
Phil
I was never much of a coffee drinker growing up, but one night, while I was in the National Guard, we had an all-nighter working on equipment. The older guys had a pot of coffee going. I drank a few cups that night and haven't stopped since. That was over 20 years ago.
I'll make a pot and drink that all day. At work, I get there about 5:30 in the morning and usually will have a pot made within 30 minutes. If I'm not very busy, I'll wind up drinking that whole pot before I leave in the afternoon. (As a matter of fact, one of my unofficial job duties is to have a fresh pot of coffee brewed by the time the night-time crew comes in around 2:00 pm).
I could never bring myself to be a regular at Starbucks. Too expensive. Down here in south Louisiana, we have some awesome coffee. I almost feel sorry for you guys up north! Community and another brand called Mello Joy. They're just fantastic!
Boy! If I wasn't going to sleep here in a few hours, I'd go make me a pot right now!
molif
without coffee, i will get sleepy and tired for the whole day...

so, i basically need coffee every morning to get my engine running man..
skygaia
Yes, I am... usually I would take 5~6 cups of coffee a day....
TurtleShell
I fluctuate with this. Coffee makes me hyper and nervous, so I try not to drink too much of it.
Rusakko
If I drink too much coffee I will be very nervous and get panic attacks.
kitsrock
This is the post I've made a while back in another forum on my addict on caffeine.

Quote:

haha. well, i have a couple more to add. some people may or may not understand, as some of these are from personal experience while studying for phgy classes.
-You've gone into caffeine induced tachycardia
-You've gone into caffeine-crash induced bradycardia
-Due to constantly rapid heartbeat, your heart is better trained than any athletes in your school.
-You don't know your girlfriend's phone number by heart, but you know every major and local cafes' phone number.
-When you give directions, you do it in relation to cafes. i.e. "... from the Starbucks on Broadway, walk three blocks west and..."
-Money you spend on your coffee every month is at least twice your rent.
-Every single date and meeting are done at a coffee shop.
-People find it shocking when they see you without a cup of coffee in your hands.
-You've gotten piss drunk on Irish coffee.
-More than four times in the same week.
-Every cafe within 2km vicinity has a spot reserved just for you.
-You've thrown a fit in an airplane for terrible coffee quality.
-You've ended up drinking twelve cups over the course of the flight anyways.
-You got another cup of coffee as soon as you got off the flight.
-You've drank coffee in a diner till the point waiter refused anymore refills.

i've dialed down on my caffeine intake since then. then i was forced to cut coffee by the doctor, and the windrawl symptoms were baaaaaaaaaaaaad. like headache-massive-hand-shaking-and-fever bad. now i drink a lot of tea, but 6 cups of tea/day comes nothing close to 12 cups of coffee/day.
Guelila
I drink it when its cold, and when I just feel like it.
I never drink it black though.
I need lots of sugar and milk in my coffee xD
jochan
I love coffee, living in the country that he was one of the largest in the world in terms of coffee, but do not take my leave of all the days coffee also ....
Beyond that, there are still other derivatives of coffee, as for example energy O_o
dual75
ehmmm... 4/5 a day... hell it's really expensive too, it makes more than 4 euroz !

Ah, for coffee I mean "espresso" Rolling Eyes
karysky
Nope... I don't even drink one cup per week.

When I drink though, it really helps me to stay awake. I don't want to become accostumed to it, and being obliged to drink three cups to get the desired boost.
MeddlingMonk
I'm not one for coffee.... I stay awake long enough as it is without needing coffee to keep me awake...
datter
At worst I drank 10 or more cups a day. A DAY... that's insane. In the past several years I cut back a lot, and last winter I stopped altogether my mistake. Smile Well it wasn't a mistake, but I didn't plan it. Basically I got the flu pretty bad and didn't consume much of anything for three or four days much less touch coffee so when I was finally feeling better it occurred to me if I wanted to quit, I had a good head start.

As it turned out I was wanting to stop drinking the stuff, so i gave it up and rarely touch it these days... though I do like tea. Smile
TurtleShell
datter wrote:

As it turned out I was wanting to stop drinking the stuff, so i gave it up and rarely touch it these days... though I do like tea. Smile

I think this was a smart move. It's usually best to listen to what your body wants, if it wants to quit something. I think my body wanted to cut back a lot on coffee, so I did. Now I drink it more socially than out of necessity. Whenever I go home I always drink too much coffee because my father in law (if you could call him that) is the worst coffee addict, and it was always a connection we had. Now if I pushed away the coffee and said, "no, I drink more tea now" I think he'd start to feel like he understands me even less.
darkeagle
Coffee+keyboard=my happiness Laughing
evilryu530
naw, i dont drink coffee. it doesnt taste good to me. and it's extremely unhealthy. makes your teeth yellow. and bad for you. and you become dependednt on it.
Ghost Rider103
Nope, coffee is pretty gross if you ask me, I can't stand the taste. It is also bad for your teeth, and makes them yellow.

It's also bad for your health, and I am dependent on caffeine to keep me awake, a good diet and plenty of rest will make you feel a million times better than being dependeant on caffeine.
rafifaisal
I never drunk a lot of coffee.
But since I started working it has become a sort of habbit to start the day off with a nice warm cup of coffee.
Also whenever I am behind my laptop i tend to make myself a coffee.
Not a good or healthy habbit, but hey if that is my only bad habbit Smile why not.
adri
I drink coffee (2-3cops a day), but I did the test, I stopped 2 weeks drinking coffee and I had really no problems with stopping drinking coffee. I also can say that I was I little bit more tiered then with coffee. Razz
unionz
I just drink coffee twice a week Smile
molif
one cup in the morning
one cup in the afternoon
one cup during breaks
one cup before lights out
one cup in my dreams

many cups keeps me alive..
Coclus
I do drink a lot too...
Keran
I'm 18 years old and I had never drink a coffee in my life and I intend not to, not even a sip, it's just disgusting for me, I don't know why people force themselves to drink something like that... But maybe I'm exagurrating here, because not so long ago I also though the same about beer and now I drink it normally...
I guess I just want to live with a feeling that I don't need coffeine or other boosters (energy drinks) to live a productive and active life...
whitehole
I like fraps from starbucks but I usually get them with decaf coffee so does that even count?
asdf2142
i dont really like coffe or iced coffe, red bull though..lol nah milo is the best
visualconcepts
yeah i do drink coffe a lot be it hot or cold.. i just like it. I can say i cant live without it... i have around 10 mugs daily... and i dont care it it harms...
tony
KatanaSky wrote:

Wow; coffee is so expensive! I am glad I don't drink coffee! i don't like the taste of coffee - especially, Starbucks. but that is just my opinion. enjoy your coffee!
macxthegamer
I don't like coffee, it tastes bad, you get addicted, once you get addicted you can't stop and it drains your monies Mad
Wijos
Me? I never drink the stuff. I would prefer if ever asked to drink coffee or alcohol, I'd go for alcohol any day, but I'm not an alcohol liker either. Smile
RedFalcon2631
To be honsest i hate coffee but at my school one of the teachers only EVER drinks coffee and his teeth is black :/
hofodomo01
Coffee is nice from time to time, though I've rarely drunk coffee for the purpose of being awake and caffeinated...
Lady Elensar
Oooooh yes, I'm a coffeeholic!

*Lady Elensar is going to make a nice cup of coffee*

I like black coffee the most. No milk, no sugar!
nuzz3
As I'm only 14 years, I don't drink coffee, but I have tried, just so bitter...
ptfrances
I like to drink cofee after a lunch or a dinner but that's it.

Wink
xtupie
Coffee, what a wonderfull drink. I have many mugs a day, cannot count but I am trying to cut back.
Landau
Nah hate coffee, im a tea drinker thru and thru, have bout 10 cups a day. Best invention ever ... well discovery
rockstarboi
I LOVE coffee! It tastes so good and it wakes you up. I know coffee can be bad for you but sometimes the good lift is ok. I however, drink coffee ALMOST every day!
Lady Elensar
nuzz3 wrote:
As I'm only 14 years, I don't drink coffee, but I have tried, just so bitter...

Well, my first time it took me half an hour to drink half a cup of coffee. Second time, I didn't like it either, but drank it all. Since then, I like coffee very very much. But started with much milk and suger, now I'm drinking it black Razz.
You just have to learn it to drink.

(bad English Laughing )
dougblackjr
I wouldn't say I'm a coffeeholic. It's just that I can't live or operate, or think, or really hold a decent conversation with out it.

Does that qualify me for some sort of -holism? Or, some sort of 12 step group I can attend?

~ Doug
Crazy_Canuck
riv_ wrote:
I was recently travelling, and couldn't find anything to satisfy my need for chai, and I was miserably cranky. I guess I'm officially hooked!

I love coffee, and drink about 3-4 LARGE cups a day. Grande in Starbucks-ese.

The whole notion of the 'marketing' of coffee--the creation of coffee culture, language and lifestyle to parallel wine snobbery--is fascinating to me, as a marketer myself.

Congrats to Starbucks!! Somewhere there is a Harvard Business Review article on this, I'm sure. They have totally sucked us in with this, and for some reason we all line up feverishly every morning and throughout the day to plunk down $4 for our grande half-fat, low-foam, 5-pump Americanos. Or whatever.

As for chai, I love it -- how do you make it from scratch? Will you share the recipe here and is it difficult?
KatanaSky
I noticed that Starbucks actually sells cheaper coffee than other places - thing is though I still support smaller coffee shops. I'd buy from Starbucks from time to time, but since they are such a large chain if it came down to a place local or Starbucks I'd probably go for the local coffee shop.
deanhills
I have always loved coffee. I find when I go on my health kicks and leave coffee off, that I tend to abuse coffee once I get on to it again. If I do not think about coffee, and I drink it normally, I have possibly 2 or 3 small cups a day, usually in the morning. Later in the day I prefer tea.

North America is much more into Starbucks than the rest of the world. I am not too crazy about Starbucks as the coffee has a bit of a burnt bean taste to me. Much too strong. Think Seatle's Best is much more enjoyable for me. Their lattes are the best. As a real treat I have Vanilla Latte there.

I used to like Nescafe instant coffee at one stage. Not in North America though as nothing better than the real stuff when you are in America. But working on contract in the Middle East Nescafe Instant coffee is the norm. Starbucks is here in the big cities and so is Seatle's Best, but not completely caught on yet and very very VERY expensive. I seem to have gone off Nescafe instant coffee. Used to be OK but think the manufacturers have fiddled with the mix, as I taste something metallic in it these days. So have moved on to Hintz powdered coffee instead.

Nothing better than a cup of coffee in the morning when I start work. I do not drink it for the caffeine though, just for the taste. Love the smell of coffee first thing in the morning. One of the good things in life I would say.
badgod
unfortunately i can't wake up without cofee
delahaye
When I was young our family allways drank tea. Coffee was for special occasions. (And by then, the coffee had usually gone bad, or at least tasteless.)

Up to this day, and I'm in my 50s now, I still drink tea and I only have coffee after a good meal in a restaurant. Cappucino is my favorite.
ankitdatashn
I am not coffeeholic, just drink juice and milk and beverages(non alcoholic)

also sometimes take tea although I do not like tea
dledhead
...cups of starbucks a day, in the morning. That's all the coffee I drink.
ptfrances
I'm not a coffeeholic and proud about that because there is so much

Shocked
ashish2005
The place where I live everyone drinks tea. It's tea during the morning and tea during the day. But since my childhood days I never liked tea and I drink tea about 1 time a month when people really force me to have some tea.

But I like coffee. I am not that addicted to it but coffee is my choice every day. There used to be days when I used to drink coffe till 1 am at night but I am glad that those days are over.
silverdown
Every morning I go out I stop at the gas station to get a Mocha Starbucks coffee that is chilled in the fridges. its only 1.29 x 31 = 39.99 x 12 (1 year) = 479.88. Shocked Maybe I should get a Brita water filter and a cantine.
deanhills
silverdown wrote:
Every morning I go out I stop at the gas station to get a Mocha Starbucks coffee that is chilled in the fridges. its only 1.29 x 31 = 39.99 x 12 (1 year) = 479.88. Shocked Maybe I should get a Brita water filter and a cantine.

You're taking the fun out of it! If you enjoy it, why not have it? But yes, probably water will be good. I have just stopped coffee for a while. Hopefully forever, but I am taking it one day at a time! Must say though when I smell it, it does things to me.
Gonzalo
Starbucks is actually one of the new big companies that are starting to invest in our country (Argentina). We had a million coffee shops, but seems to me Starbucks is going to do very cool in the area. Not a week passed after they opened a shop about 4 blocks away from home in a local mall...

I personally preffer home made...but, what can I say, I love to go and buy one big mega deluxe coffee combo quickly before collage and take the subway with it while reading calmly in the mornings.

Gonzalo.
malcolmpreen
I used to be a coffeeholic - but for about 5 years now I'm now a waterholic... with coffee only being used as a stimulant - ie a kick to keep me awake...

Malcolm
linkmenot
KatanaSky wrote:

its lifeline man
Thumpercats
No, I have never drunk coffee in my life, and I do not intend too! I grew up in a house of coffee drinkers, which is why I find it pretty strange that I do not drink it.
pashmina
I am more of a tea guy.
For some reason, I really don't like coffee.
jhamz
I drink coffee... but not too much...
idaba
coffee and cigarete is a good friends if working with computer and internet Very Happy
jgilligan
Tea over coffee anyday of the week!!! Plus Tea acts as an antoxident, clears all the crap out of your body!!!!!
KatanaSky
I remember totally relying on coffee to get my day started... but thinking about it now, I guess it was more routine than anything.

...because it's so hot I usually go for smoothies, ice tea, or just plain ol' water.

When I haven't had anything and I find myself in the office, I usually get coffee because it's usually really cold in there and again, more routine than anything.
Nehallyn
silverdown wrote:

Wow. You know, I always imagined I spent more than that on Starbucks, but I don't even buy one every day. Oh well, sacrifices must be made for Starbucks.
toadinhishole
Coffee=Baileys.
I would build a religion around it if I could.
TurtleShell
Ok, so with this I've been terrible lately. I just moved and started a new job and I feel like I constantly need to be on my toes (and on my feet, moving around, getting stuff done, getting life together). I'm dead tired at night and I go to bed late, and I bike 5 miles every day to get to and from work. Bottom line, if I want to concentrate on the job and impress the people I work for I feel like I have to be constantly wired because otherwise I'm half asleep, so I've been drinking 2 extra large coffees a day. In fact, I just bought a coffee maker for my desk so i don't even need to run to the cafe to buy more. I genuinely believe coffee can be good for you but I'm sure it's not good in these amounts.
toadinhishole
There's loads of debate about the coffee myth. My friends argue me to death that all your doing is feeding a caffeine addiction, so when you're a bit low all your body is doing is craving caffeine.
To much caffeine can deplete the iron in your body, though you need a lot to get anything approaching anemia.

I don't know dude, stock up on the bananas. If i've got a busy day a few of them feels like an adrenalin injection.
psycosquirrel
I drink coffee on occasion. I never buy at Seattle's Best, Starbucks, etc. I always just make it myself.

Kona blend in a 4-cup coffee maker. Use a lot of grounds, drip it through, then add a bit of the soaked grounds into the bottom of the pot, and let sit for another 10 mins. It's as strong as cappuccino, yet so much better. I generally add in massive quantities of either honey or some form of cane sugar for sweetness.
TurtleShell
toadinhishole wrote:
There's loads of debate about the coffee myth. My friends argue me to death that all your doing is feeding a caffeine addiction, so when you're a bit low all your body is doing is craving caffeine.
To much caffeine can deplete the iron in your body, though you need a lot to get anything approaching anemia.

I don't know dude, stock up on the bananas. If i've got a busy day a few of them feels like an adrenalin injection.

actually, I've been eating a ton of bananas. They fill me up (sort of anyway) and since I've been starving half the time, it's a quick fix. Lately, I just can't eat enough--and not just bananas. I want eat constantly. Granola, granola bars, nuts, bananas, luna bars, ice cream, plums, bananas, apples, whatever is in front of me. I've been buying these Archer Farms bags of granola at Target--ohmygodsogood.

and then there's coffee. I dont' even want to drink that much alcohol lately because it slows me down.
Vladalf
I'm not a cofeeholic but instead I am a tea-holic. I drink tea all the time.
-Vladalf
TurtleShell
I go through months at a time where I give up coffee and drink only tea. I like green tea, various kinds of black tea, and I love the Tazo berry infused white tea.
PatTheGreat42
Coffee is the necter of which my soul is made.
rajupp
Forget being a coffeeholic, I just don't know why I simply hate the smell of coffee like anything Rolling Eyes
I cant bear that strong smell. when i was young, my mom tried forcing me to drink it, but i just spit it on her face (well, almost) Exclamation I do like tea!!
coffeeholics should not take offense Wink
moray
I am a wreck in the morning if I do not get 2 cups of strong black coffee

During the day .. I would normally have another 2 or 3 cups (Big ones)

I guess I am a caffeine junky
soljarag
nope, but my neighbor across the street goes to starbucks twice a day, and take it home... I see them carrying it in the house every day
TurtleShell
I would go to Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf twice a day if I had the time and could afford it. I don't care that much about Starbucks lattes but the white mocha lattes and pumpkin lattes at Coffee Bean are to die for.

The best drink available at Starbucks is a chai frappuccino light with a coffee base. So gingery and delicious.
miacps
I can't handle high levels of caffeine. After drinking just one of the small red bulls my heart feels like it's going to explode.

Maybe I just had the bad stuff, but the few times I've had coffee in my life, it tasted like... burnt stuff. Is it supposed to taste burnt? Confused
RosenCruz
i dont think i m a coffeholic but i drink it usually.... Wink
Kae_Azule
Coffee is one of the most amazing things ever!!!! Who needs sleep when you have energy in a cup?
sondosia
No, I really hate coffee, even if it has loads of sugar or creamer or whatever. It just tastes disgusting and doesn't really perk me up at all.

And I'm glad I don't drink it because I don't ever want to be "addicted" to anything: not cigarettes, not alcohol, and not caffeine. I don't want to be one of those people who "need their morning cup of joe" or else they're grouchy and miserable all day. That's just ridiculous.
jdelfire
not a coffee addict.... but i do take it on a daily basis cause of my work im on a graveyard shift...
best way to refresh your mind is to take it before you take a power nap... i've red that in some article in the web.... and its true.... it helps the brain to relax
TurtleShell
sondosia wrote:
No, I really hate coffee, even if it has loads of sugar or creamer or whatever. It just tastes disgusting and doesn't really perk me up at all.

And I'm glad I don't drink it because I don't ever want to be "addicted" to anything: not cigarettes, not alcohol, and not caffeine. I don't want to be one of those people who "need their morning cup of joe" or else they're grouchy and miserable all day. That's just ridiculous.

it is ridiculous. I'm not addicted to coffee either, nor would I want to be. Here's how I feel about it: mornings just aren't as fun without it. It's like, most mornings take a lot of effort and you find out about all your problems in the mornings (eg, your kids principal calls you in the morning, your boss tells you that s/he expects you to have whatever ridiculous thing done by that afternoon, etc), and coffee makes it seem a little bit more acceptable. It's like a treat, not a necessity.
ankitdatashn
riv_ wrote:

ya thats the story of every Indian, I guess you're an indian too. In india the most common thing that would be given to any guest is tea. I had never tasted tea in my life if it was not my friends mother forcing me to drink something, had tasted tea but it doesnt tastes good. I although find the ginger tea better in taste and somewhat acceptable.
ptfrances
I'm not a cofeeholic at all Wink
Arty
I hate the taste so I just prefer tea. Smile
chatrack
I usually drink tea. I beleave that if you drink coffie more, it make you bold headed soon.
I don't know is it true.
Melacos
Especially during my exams, I throw down coffee by the barrels... Whatever fresher I might get from this, I'm sure that the uncomfortable feeling in my stomach during the process, makes up for the positive effects:)
Though I love the drink. I'm not blessed with the best machine here at home, and generally I tend to think that it also very much depends on the company... Chilling with a friend, sharing a pot of 'motoroil' really makes the day...
Pin3apple
I'm 15, and do still prefer soda and juice.
Gonzalo
My Office has free coffee, and the coffee dispenser machine that has capuchinos and dif kind of coffees is 25 cents each, =)! I always have one in the morning and another one after lunch.
sana618
i was seriously addicted to coffee... strong, black and no suger, was what i always had and it was not the instant stuff, freshly grounded coffee.
but i had to leave that habit because of medical problems.... now i take tea.
i haven't stuck to one flavour of that stuff, but i keep changing the brand and the flavour from time to time, there are so many different of them. at present i'm into instant tea with caramel flavour in it. and i think i like its taste.
r4inm4ker
I always try to get a cup of coffee every morning, especially on work days. It helps me quickly concentrate on my work. I started this habit about a year ago. Before that I was using coffee when going through those tough exam weeks Very Happy
deanhills
I love coffee. Just seeing this thread brings that wonderful aroma to me. Yet I know that I am completely addicted to coffee. When I have one cup, it is rarely enough and before I know it, I have several cups every day. Coffee is not good for my health as it fiddles around with my blood sugar levels, wires me up and puts stress on my liver. So I try my best to have green tea instead as I do not need as many cups of it, two early in the morning are good for the day for me. Have been doing it for six months now, with some rare relapses in between.
biljap
Yes! I adore coffee! Very Happy

I used to drink it during whole day but, since I started to work, I manage to drink it only in the evening and during weekends... And then, I just take one cup of coffee after another…
I know it is not healthy to drink it too much; I drink some sort f “light” coffee, with milk… Sometimes with taste of chocolate! Laughing
I always have coffee close to me when I am at home.
Mrs Lycos
I love to drink it ! Razz but it sometimes makes my stomach hurts so i drink when i have to be awake fo some reason and when i want to drink it badly Smile
fx-trading-education
In my office there is free coffee but I don't drink coffee because of the dependency you get on it.
Better to feel free without coffee, no?
kody
I totally got addicted to it in high school, causing huge headaches when I didn't have a cup of joe in the morning.

Then I weaned myself off of it.

Now I'm in a job where starbucks is brewed all day long. It's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gooooooooood! How am I supposed to not drink it?!
kody
And when my stomach's had too much coffee, I switch to Tazo Chai Tea. Equally gooooooooooooooooooooooood... But just as much caffeine if not more!

my liver hates me most likely.
Arty
Tea > Coffee
Smile
shkumbin
Oh yeah.... I LOVE coffee, I drink like 4-5 cups a day and can't get enough of it, it's strange because my love for coffee started few months ago, never before in my life I had coffee or maybe had but didn't like it, so yeah I am a coffeeholic Smile
Mennoj1
I only drink 1 cup coffee on a day.
So I'm not a coffeeholic.
pashmina
YES YES YES!!

Its a cold season, so definately yes. Right now I am addicted to coffee.
tony
KatanaSky wrote:

haha; not really. I dont care too much for coffee. I like frapucinno though, but that is about it for coffees.
desonium
I never drink coffee in the evening, Because I cant sleep anymore then.
But I only drink it at my work or when I am visting a Birthday.
And I like it but I hate the yellow teeth you get off it and the smell of coffee out of someones mouth
isnt good too Razz
hamza1122
i hate coffee..mainly coz im young rite now..im only 14 but i reckon im going to get addicted to it when i get older.
sourlemon
I love coffee, but I don't know how to make it well. I'm also too poor to afford Starbuck coffee. It's weird. I don't have a problem sleeping after I drink coffee. But if I do stay awake, I become really jittery.
hfhhh8
I don't drink coffee because I have this mentality that when i drink coffee i will stop to grow.. so I really decided not to... hehehe ^^
chartcentral
Not a coffeeholic at all. Sometimes, I take coffee with my breakfast. And also in the office from time to time. But there was this one afternoon at work where I was really sleepy, and I started having coffee. I had 3 cups that time. Though I wasn't sleepy anymore after that, I had a different feeling on my head for the rest of the day, I guess that's what I'd call "high with coffee." I have resolved not to take too much coffee from then on. Smile
malcolmpreen
I used to drink coffee to be social (at work, everyone gathered around the coffee machine).

Now I work from home.... I had given up completely for about 3 years....

Then, I got some new hobbies.... and there are not enough hours in the day.... so I drink it to stay awake !!!

Malcolm
wellerchap
yes, I consider myself to drink too much coffee & as everyone's aware these days, strong black coffee in quantity is a bad thing for the body.
When I've eased off for a few days I get very sluggish, tired and even achey in my legs.
Not a good way to be, I know.
blackjack21
coffee help me awake when i need to finish my job at night..i'm worrkahollic too..thank god i'm still one of the most holic in the world...sexaholic, by the way..i love coffee. mocca is the best i like, starbuck is not available to my pocket
brokenadvice
I used to drink lot's of coffee until I noticed my hands shaking like crazy. I was trying to solder something, and after the second burn, I decided to not have coffee anymore. Now if I do drink it, it is just a half cup.
PatTheGreat42
I LOVE COFFEE. The stuff is awesome. I'll drink even the bad stuff.
Ghost900
I have never drank coffee but then I hate the smell so probably never will not to mention for people that drink it, they cant wake up until they get their cup of coffee, so I am better off without it. Very Happy
isnawan
i prefer tea than coffee... better in taste Razz
Blazole
i used to drink too much coffee. But then i started get get bad migraines, and started feeling really tired. So i stopped and just drink a cup or two every few days. too much caffine is not good for anyone.
Xaferrow
i think that coffe is more delicious in taste than tea, Very Happy
andredesignz
am not a fan of coffee not good for u'r teeth
jjhawaii
i do love coffee and i drink it almost everyday, but i would never go to places like Starbucks because it's so expensive.
jsarnold
I used to drink about a dozen cups of coffee a day. One day I caught a bug, and went right off the taste. Although I got better in a few days, I still couldn't stand the thought of coffee. Three years later I still haven't had a single drop. I'm a tea man now!
Jamatu
I drink tea mostly but there's always room for a good coffee to keep me going through the day!
jessicawalker
I don't drink coffee everyday, but some days, when there's a lot to be done, I'll brew a whole pot and drink it by myself. Then, I work myself to the bone and crash in an emotional, caffeine induced break down. Haha. No, it's not so intense as all that, but I do tend to over do it, when I do drink it, and THAT'S the last thing I need. I'm way too sensitive to caffeine.
stel4e
I am actually teahollic Smile hihiihihihi
Tuvitor
I cannot live without my coffee. I've tried. It just becomes sad and dreary somehow.
raaeft1
Earlier, I hardly drank coffee as I am a tea man. But ever since I have been introduced to DXN Ganoderma-based coffee, I have become an addict.
Interestingly, my friend too has become an addict of Ganoderma-based coffee and he comes to my place specially to have the coffee.
skygaia
Yes, I am.. Laughing
I really like to take a coffee. Usually I take more than 5 cup of coffee a day. Oh... just small size not a large one.
Greatking
i like coffie but i guess not enough to drink everyday. i espercially like to aroma. it gingers a person up even before you drink. it wakes me up when i feel sleepy.
pumpin
I almost try as much as possible to avoid addiction but coffee is proving to be an exception. My Dad is a coffee addict so i started picking interest and now, i can't stop too. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
mtorregiani
I drink coffee, but not too much. I have like 5 cups a week... not more than that...
Ashtray
Hell yeah. I have an average of 3 big mugs of coffee a day. No wonder I have sleeping issues!
kriszara
KatanaSky wrote:

I am a coffee addict. I will drink any kind of coffee anytime.
I have friends who are coffee snobs. They fresh grind their beans and brew them with triple-filtered water. I will drink 2-day old folger's reheated in a microwave.
I will drink cowboy coffee which is grounds in the bottom of a saucepan heated over a campfire and you cannot drink the last inch of coffee cause it is all grounds.

My newest favorite is the coffe-toffee-twisted-frosty at Wendy's. Really good and fun to order.
webmasters
yes i like coffee..i like to have strong cofee
lethaltriad
i'm not a fussy drinker of coffee, i usually only drink it as business meetings but if it was by choice I would just have a nescafe french vanilla, nice and sweet Very Happy
rvec
moved to Health and Beauty

This move is part of rvec's big general chat cleanup
mikakiev
I like coffee but now I am not drinking any.Substituted it with a strong green tea.Also my theeth have got less stains after I quit coffee.BUt I still want to drink it:)
BinahZ
Most definitely without doubt or shame. I do not function in the AM without my coffee and nicotine. I know it is not the healthiest way to start your day, but I personally consider it the "Breakfast of Champions". I switch to chilled H2O about noon then after 8pm back for a couple cups of coffee to end the day. I think coffee is one of the major food groups. Shocked
Neilos
I hated coffee until recently. I couldn't even stand the smell of it.

I thought I would force myself to like coffee cos I didn't want to miss out on going to the coffee shop anymore, also I thought it would look good to girls if I could take them on dates to the coffee shop. I have a girlfriend now and she doesn't drinkl coffee very much so that was a failure.

However i NOW CANNOT GET ENOUGH!!! I get a Venti, or 2, every time I walk past Starbucks!

I love cappuchino. The froth is heaven!!! When I get some I WANT MORE! I am deffinately a converted coffaholic!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta go, need a fix soon and starbucks is 5 mins away!!!

Neilos
natilovesmike
I used to love coffee! but I think I drunk too much and since I was very yong (11-12). so now it hurts my stomach and I can't drink it anymore. I just drink water most of the time. Sometimes V8 fusion in the mornings. Only if I am really really stressed I have a cup of coffee.
hamza1122
Not anymore! I was once, which got to the point that I started to shake because i drank too much. Now I'm into mint green tea. So much more healthier. Razz