FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Games that you HATE





misterXY
just another topic to add Rolling Eyes

the top three games i hate:
WoW = Never stop paying for it, why bother?
Medal of Honor Pacific Coast was way too short
GTA 4
Keran
Games that I hate, but that doesn't mean they are bad, it's just there's mainly one thing that I don't like in them. And as the topic suggest, we should write games WE hate for our OWN personal reasons, so don't You all go judging me, why I hate these games and don't try to tell me, that I'm wrong, because it's not like I didn't played these games.

- Halo 1,2,3 - don't know what's the big fuss about this game, I just don't like it.
- Mario (super, mega, whatever part) - That's just a gay game in my opinion, or for girls.
- Guild Wars - I used to think it was good, but then I bought it and it turns out it's a piece of crap, nothing to do in it, chaotic, PvP isn't that much intense as everyone says, single player sucks. It's nothing compared to WoW.

Those are my subjective opinions. Let's hope this doesn't turn out to be a flame thread.
Nameless
Literally every single shoddy cash-in game based on a popular movie. *shudders*
wabik90
Hehe, nice topic Very Happy It's hard to say because I love computer games, I love playing them and I... hate:
Wow - everybody(except me)'ve played this game more than once in his live;
CS - it has old graphics, bad physics than newer multi-player shooters and i hate it because I spending hours daily playing it... ;
And I hate all tycoon because I like to play them but I always lose...


Cheers Cool
Josso
CS but mainly because everyone thinks it's the best thing ever because it's the first online FPS or just online game they played. It's a rip-off of basically every online FPS ever made and doesn't desrve the hype it gets.
eday2010
Interesting that misterXY hates GTA 4 even though it's not out yet and no one has played it Razz

I hate:

FPS games (except WWII ones): how many of these stupid games can you have?
Fighting games: the Street Fighter II rage of the 90's drove me nuts; such a stupid game and retarded concept. At least games like Double Dragon had a point

I don't hate, but have no interest in:

MMORPGs like WoW and Everquest: Sorry, I don't play games to interact with nerds who have no life and thus play these types of games all the time. If normal people played these, I might try them. But I still find they involve too much time and commitment.
carlokes
Hi there,

- As someone else said, the majority of movie adaptations suck pretty hard. They dont transmit anything at all near to what the movie trasmited

- Ultima Online . followed the advice of someone that said that it was awesome...my god...terrifying experience. 2 weeks to be able to start playing. 30 mins to uninstall it. I still think that maybe i downloaded a wrong version or something else...

- Doom3 - Ok, I recognize it might be a good game and bla bla bla but what the hell is wrong with that damn flashlight? well I decided to stop playing when i almost pooed my pants lol

Stay Cool !!
jcnet
U mean GAMES I HATE.??

Haha,,,,,,,,,,,,,,then this place wont be enough for me to write all those....he he...

There are a lot of games that I dislike...

Games with Low quality are the first one that I hate,,,,,and then the Games with DRY topics and others......

some of them are

Medal of Honor, Call to Power, Simcity,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,etc... Arrow Rolling Eyes
misterXY
eday2010 wrote:
Interesting that misterXY hates GTA 4 even though it's not out yet and no one has played it Razz

I hate:

FPS games (except WWII ones): how many of these stupid games can you have?
Fighting games: the Street Fighter II rage of the 90's drove me nuts; such a stupid game and retarded concept. At least games like Double Dragon had a point

I don't hate, but have no interest in:

MMORPGs like WoW and Everquest: Sorry, I don't play games to interact with nerds who have no life and thus play these types of games all the time. If normal people played these, I might try them. But I still find they involve too much time and commitment.

Oops i should proof read, i meant 3 thanks Razz
Yjaxygames
Movie licensed games always are bad, with a tiny few exceptions.
kicy
I hate:
Text-based games
ascii games
anygame with poor gameplay
kid games ( sesame street )

I love:
everything else
misterXY
Well i do admit i hate boring graphics but i also like the storyline if its well managed enough.
Also forgot to mention remember the Simpson's game for the X box (im a xbox users, sorry sony or Nintendo dorks all around if i didn't notice there was a version for it, but i would Imagen there is)
that game had no real point, graphics kinda sucked... overall 3/10 Crying or Very sad
anilerk
i hate " soldiere of fortuna payback".
it was very bad.
i thought it would be better
i liked when i see trailer.but i'm surprised when i play game.
andy26
I hate the 3d sonic games totaly killed the game.
i also hate WoW
Coclus
yeah WOW is horrible.
kicy
also maple feels pointless, its more like a chat room.
misterXY
andy26 wrote:
I hate the 3d sonic games totaly killed the game.
i also hate WoW

ye thats like re-inventing the wheel i supposed. the only games that should've been in 3d ( and are) is the " dr mario64" but i also hate how but also unique for nintendo is that for the n64, alot of games of theres ended in "64". kinda made sure u didnt get the wrong game... blockbuster was horrible in my city to give me the wrong games... Rogers Video (Canada, Atalntic Canada to be more specific) was even worse, gave me a gamecube game instead of xbox... AND the xbox never had this game... think it was pikman or something.. it's a really horrible game. Evil or Very Mad
xav90
Nice idea of topic ^^


I don't hate a lot of videogames but I hate every RPG !

Sorry for the RPG's fans ... Laughing
misterXY
xav90 wrote:


I don't hate a lot of videogames but I hate every RPG !

Sorry for the RPG's fans ... Laughing

RPG's do get annoyin and out of hand. Rolling Eyes
kewiin
I realy hate WOW its just stupid to pay that much for playing a game.
And the pokemon games. (=
mattchun
All those games about fight and kill, i hate'em.
Grant
WOW - waste of time and money...
Guitar Hero - Probably because I am no good, lol.
cosmicx
I hate flight simulations and certain FPS...
it makes me feel headache or dizzy... Razz
ForceRun
I agree WOW is killing the game world, CS only when 12 years olds play it. GH how dumb can DDR get.
misterXY
kewiin wrote:
I realy hate WOW its just stupid to pay that much for playing a game.
And the pokemon games. (=

thats why i'm interested at least somewhat, into guild wars, one time payment. how gaming should be

Grant wrote:
WOW - waste of time and money...
Guitar Hero - Probably because I am no good, lol.

GH is definably over rated. & WOW is like Vista's "WOW"
Both is a downgrade in the gaming & pc world Shocked

cosmicx wrote:
I hate flight simulations and certain FPS...
it makes me feel headache or dizzy... Razz

practice, you'll be amazing when you can fly! lol M$ and there crappy ideas... do they still sell?

ForceRun wrote:
I agree WOW is killing the game world, CS only when 12 years olds play it. GH how dumb can DDR get.

Remember the days when membership was bought when u bought the game for unlimited usage?
jtayl153
1. Runescape

2. World of Warcraft

3. Starcraft I
David_Pardy
Tomb Raider (the entire series) because the controls are so pointlessly difficult, and the game is only 'good' because it's got an "attractive" woman with large breasts. How pathetic.

WoW, because it really is quite a boring, pointless game that charges you more money every month. I am proud to say I never even got to level 50.

Snake 3, which you get on mobile phones. What a crappy, slow, boring remake of what was an awesome snake game.

Fury3 - MS ripped off Terminal Velocity, and failed.

Halo. What a crappy, over-hyped game. Here's some better ones: Duke Nukem 3d, Rise of the Triad, Doom, Doom 2, Prey, Unreal Tournament/2003/2004/3, Half-Life 1, Half-Life 2, Quake 3

That's all I can think of at the moment.
HoboJoeTLM
WoW - it's just an awful MMORPG. It's boring and all you do on it is grind, grind, grind.

Halo (All of them and any future coming titles) - they're nothing special. They brought nothing new to the FPS genre and instead put the FPS genre back a few steps. Way to ruin shooting things for fun Bungie.

Grand Theft Auto - it never seemed fun for me to just run around and do whatever I want. A game needs to have a purpose and some sense of direction, GTA just never felt like it did.
st-games
well, HALO is awesome game. But only if you play online (multiplayer). If you play single player it is boring.

HALO 2 for PC is very bad, I do not understand, how Microsoft can after 4-5 years of HALO 2 on XBOX, sell on PC same game.

I hate Final Fantasy, it is sick game.
Johntheviper
I hate WOW, i've lost some good friends because of that damn game!!! Evil or Very Mad
misterXY
jtayl153 wrote:
1. Runescape

2. World of Warcraft

3. Starcraft I

What's wrong with SC1? i hope they make new ones:( does anyone know if they're going too? Not the RPG one or w/e that was.


David_Pardy wrote:
Tomb Raider (the entire series) because the controls are so pointlessly difficult, and the game is only 'good' because it's got an "attractive" woman with large breasts. How pathetic.

WoW, because it really is quite a boring, pointless game that charges you more money every month. I am proud to say I never even got to level 50.

Halo. What a crappy, over-hyped game. Here's some better ones: Duke Nukem 3d, Rise of the Triad, Doom, Doom 2, Prey, Unreal Tournament/2003/2004/3, Half-Life 1, Half-Life 2, Quake 3

That's all I can think of at the moment.

TR - whats wrong w/ the boobs lol. never got myself into the game, proud too say.
WoW- also proud to say never got to lvl 50
Halo- why it did better, multi-billion dollar company too over hype it.

HoboJoeTLM wrote:


Grand Theft Auto - it never seemed fun for me to just run around and do whatever I want. A game needs to have a purpose and some sense of direction, GTA just never felt like it did.

Already mentioned my thoughts on Halo & WoW(bit stunned w/ so many i HATE that game, alot of users didnt expect id be the blacksheep of the herd. GTA VC was great too me, killing & more killing just for the thrill. on xbox is was even better just driving right fast & blasting ur "DRM rated bullcrap" music but overall i didn't find it that bad...Confused but ye i respect your point of view there. never notice there was a real story line there Shocked
misterXY
forgot to mention Risk 2. was awesome but just lacked achievement. when i was done the newspaper didn't show me as a the world leader. very disappointed Crying or Very sad
corrupt
conquer online, just because the dude at work raves about it hardcore and it doesnt look one bit appealing to me
misterXY
corrupt wrote:
conquer online, just because the dude at work raves about it hardcore and it doesnt look one bit appealing to me

sounds bad Shocked
GeoS
Need for Speed for reasons one needs not explain.
A horribly licensed game, by a company horribly famous for them.

Assassin's Creed is all bite and no bark. That is to say, look at it, but don't dare play it. Then you can pretend its actually plays as good as it looks.

Runescape makes me cringe. Theres more orginality in a hunk of wood. Its probably more fun to play with too.

Oh, and this topic is naturally going to end in flaming. Wink
Urban
misterXY wrote:
jtayl153 wrote:
1. Runescape

2. World of Warcraft

3. Starcraft I

What's wrong with SC1? i hope they make new ones:( does anyone know if they're going too? Not the RPG one or w/e that was.


Yes, they are actually doing one and I never played the first one but I'm sure this second game will be awesome.

http://eu.starcraft2.com/

(Even if I don't really like RPG)
misterXY
GeoS wrote:
Oh, and this topic is naturally going to end in flaming. Wink

Give it time young skywalker, give it time Cool the force is strong within.

Urban wrote:
misterXY wrote:
jtayl153 wrote:
1. Runescape

2. World of Warcraft

3. Starcraft I

What's wrong with SC1? i hope they make new ones:( does anyone know if they're going too? Not the RPG one or w/e that was.


Yes, they are actually doing one and I never played the first one but I'm sure this second game will be awesome.

http://eu.starcraft2.com/

(Even if I don't really like RPG)


i HATED the rpg one they made. not a fan of those kind of rpgs. better like it was originality made. Sounds sexy, should've wiki it up earlier lol
alanrump
Game i hate:
Need for speed pro street Exclamation
misterXY
alanrump wrote:
Game i hate:
Need for speed pro street Exclamation

need for speed is just a sellout.
Kelcey
I hated Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter. I hated Odin sphere. I hated Twilight Princess. I hated Mario Galaxy. I hated Final Fantasy XII.
misterXY
Kelcey wrote:
I hated Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter. I hated Odin sphere. I hated Twilight Princess. I hated Mario Galaxy. I hated Final Fantasy XII.

never played finaly fantasy. think its overrated.
Dimx2
every lame wii game Smile
misterXY
Dimx2 wrote:
every lame wii game Smile

true that +gamecube
vaoger
i hate all the first person shooting game.. especailly Turok...
make me dizzy
applejunk
Runescape - bad gameplay, you lose all your stuff when you die gg, bad graphics, bad community, just bad overall

Maple Story - what was the point in this game? pro pve?
enygmasoft
I honestly never waste my time playing games I know I hate. Reviewers typically give good ideas as to what to expect, so I don't waste my time playing Mario Party 8 on the WII. Unfortunately, my 3 year old and me will never agree to what games are good. Makes my gaming times more often than not an enjoyable experience. Resident evil always rules, but my son hinding behind his blanket when zombies come in will never be good. Mario Party is part of my library forever.
misterXY
vaoger wrote:
i hate all the first person shooting game.. especailly Turok...
make me dizzy

blah turok Brick wall
Insanity
I hate a lot of free games, but honestly, how can you really hate something that is free?
misterXY
Insanity wrote:
I hate a lot of free games, but honestly, how can you really hate something that is free?

Alot of free games are really demos? and demos aren't really games Evil or Very Mad
catscratches
More or less every commercial mainstream game from the 21th century.
misterXY
catscratches wrote:
More or less every commercial mainstream game from the 21th century.

good choice
haydxn
Pro Evolution Soccer. I live with three other guys and it's all they play.

My girl and I can't wait til we get our own place in the next couple of months, and never again will we have to weep at the sight of the 42" HD screen being put to such relentless sporting waste.
snowboardalliance
I hate Guitar Hero. It's just way over hyped. I would rather play real guitar than waste time with that toy and I hate how everyone loves it.
misterXY
snowboardalliance wrote:
I hate Guitar Hero. It's just way over hyped. I would rather play real guitar than waste time with that toy and I hate how everyone loves it.

You would love this then:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Queer-o
delme19
I hate the Sims and Counterstrike!
Laughing
Gieter
eday2010 wrote:

MMORPGs like WoW and Everquest: Sorry, I don't play games to interact with nerds who have no life and thus play these types of games all the time. If normal people played these, I might try them. But I still find they involve too much time and commitment.


Don't know where you get that from. Normal people do play MMORPG'S. Long live biases.

Games I hate:

Runescape
Basketball games
LostOverThere
World Of Warcraft...I just hate things that steal your life.


Quote:
More or less every commercial mainstream game from the 21th century.

Mildly broad. Wink
kicy
Runescape is fo noobs, all you do is farm...
wombatrpgs
catscratches wrote:
More or less every commercial mainstream game from the 21th century.


A sweeping statement, but that does bring up a nice point... If a game is not commercial, it is not designed to make money, obviously. You have too sides to that. Primarily, it means that the game will be not possess mindblowing graphics, flawless voiceacting, etc. However, it means that the game can fit a specific type. Take something like Ancient Domains of Mystery for example. It's text-based. You won't see any commercial game like that. However, it's a lot more in-depth then games that people will pay forty or fifty dollars for. The game is very VERY hard, almost impossible to beat without a guide, and still amazingly difficult to do with one. You can't back up saves. You die, the file is deleted. You are free to open new borders and risk a failure because there is no risk.
mmwanmei
i dont know what game i hate but i know i like to play Online Game>.< Embarassed
dirkvb
Rhaaaa Snake
I can play it a while, but then I get frustrated because I always crash.

But there are also a lot other games:
for exemple Teken (all of them)
you hit each other and what's behind all of it?
Just driving me crazy.

Greetz
misterXY
i haven't played any games lately, alot of them seem to be ripped these days.
but i HATE the Simpsons game for mobile
http://www.eamobile.com/Web/Catalog/US/en/game/mobile/ProductDetailOverviewView/product-26222
wombatrpgs
misterXY wrote:
i haven't played any games lately, alot of them seem to be ripped these days.
but i HATE the Simpsons game for mobile
http://www.eamobile.com/Web/Catalog/US/en/game/mobile/ProductDetailOverviewView/product-26222


Just looked at that... Nothing too bad except "Fun mission-based gameplay." Wow. That's really special. As a matter of course any game based off a TV show or movie is fairly poor anyway. I just dislike that whole spin-off genre. I'm sure something good has come of it; I just can't think of anything right now. Great.
Hackerdeluxe
i hate Games where you can see any pixel.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Those games are bad and make no fun
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tetris is'nt a good game, too.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Hackerdeluxe
i like to play with a Gameboy color but the old is bad
_____________________________________________________________________________________
wombatrpgs
Hackerdeluxe wrote:
i hate Games where you can see any pixel.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Those games are bad and make no fun
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tetris is'nt a good game, too.
______________________________________________________________________________________


This irritates me to no end... So apparently a lesser graphics quality automatically makes a game pointless? You do realize that the statement encompasses pretty much all classic games? Maybe you can dislike old games... But hate them? Really? Explain, maybe I just don't get this.
halflife268
I can't stand any game that gets over hyped from the general teenage public. Games like WoW, Mario Party, Guitar Hero. I hate every console game, especially when they're exclusive to consoles only.
Kelcey
Let me add some new ones:

Super Smash Bros Brawl
Lost Odyssey
LostOverThere
No! Not Brawl! That game rocks. Or at least....it should. Damn it Nintendo, release it Down Under already!
wombatrpgs
It's also very annoying when people post games that they hate without any explanation whatsoever. I mean, it's alright if you just arbitrarily hate things, or intentionally hate things people like to annoy people, but at least say why...
medievalman26
WoW...I hate all the freaking references. Also the character graphic suck.
ainieas
Blood 2 - you have to keep chasing this guy and at the end of every mission it ends with something like the guy as escaped to another place and then you gotta hunt him there. It was so annoying i left it halfway through the game!
Danateus
Call Of Duty 4
Because of its realism. If you like shooting at insuregents and carpet bombing ruin-like areas then jsut join the US Military. Starting now, every new recruit gets free butt rape!
Whong
I don't really hate any game, but games that I don't like are eg. Resident Evil, Pokemon Battle Revolution, because it has been stripped out of all what was in the Stadium games. Sad

Otherwise, I like most games or atleast I don't hate them... Smile
gaby007
1. HALO 2
2. Cross Racing Championship 2005
3. Pro Street
4. LOST
xava
hmm. Age of Empires.
djcaution
GTA4 isnt even out yet dude. And why would you hate that game?
I personally hate puzzle games. All of them. They hurt my head. Racing games bore me. Turn-based strategy games where you move on squares or whatever suck too. I cant think of a game in particular that I hate at the moment though
blk3
Most FPS - theres just too much of them these days, I like them when they are so few and rare way back.

Rise and Fall - I really hated the gameplay of this RTS

Most NES games does just loops, meaning no ending it just gets harder and harder till you lose. Feels like no rewards in terms of cut-scenes, bonus items when you replay the game etc. Feels like your just playing for a hi-score.
misterXY
halflife268 wrote:
I can't stand any game that gets over hyped from the general teenage public. Games like WoW, Mario Party, Guitar Hero. I hate every console game, especially when they're exclusive to consoles only.

Games based on just console 100% suck. GT3 & Vice, just PS2 made it sell alot more then when it hit xbox, but overall the xbox version i enjoyed MUCH more. it isn't much of a one console deal though, since it was due later... but overall it did suck cause it basically left all us xbox fanboys to wait and hear about the WHOLE game before you play it on ur console.
Imagen if they did this to JUST dell or hp? well bad comparisons cause they are HORRIBLE.
InsanePL
I hate Tibia Smile
And some games when GFX is so poor, I know GFX isn`t everything but I can`t play when i see pixels Smile
kreative
I hate all kinds of baseball and basketball and tennis games... they suck
orrvaa
i hate gta too
unionz
I don't like sport game, I like the real sport ! Smile
Urban
I would add Call of Duty 4 to my list. I don't know why so many people are addict of this game, seriously, it's not that good. I have more fun to play the free mod Insurgency of Half-Life 2 than to play CoD4.. and it's free! The kill streak bonus are just boring, there's an UAV 24/7.
Kelcey
I love GTA.... but at times I can really hate it. I hate failing a mission and having to drive around for another 5 minutes to start the mission.
Worldcraft101
Any halo game along with Maplestory, that game is god awful
gtoroap
I hate the cycle games like Tetris, another bad puzzles... and stuff like that.
roninmedia
I hate a series of specific game genres, not that's there really not enjoyable about them, gameplay, graphics, etc. It's merely because I suck at those games. I'm terrible at first person shooters and fighting games so I don't want to play them against others. I get destroyed on multi-player in those games.

And for some unknown reason, I'm probably one of the worst Pac-Man players out there. I can barely get past level 2 for some unknown reason.
Warberg
Lets see, games I hate.
Runescape
Jack and Daxter
WOW
BattleField 2142
Lord of the Rings
Crash Team Racing
StarWars rebel Assault 2
Beast Wars
Spyro
misterXY
Any cellphone games suck i think, i have something like 30games that are best sellers from Rogers, Aliant(Bell) and Telus, and all of them SUCK! and some of the carriers, don't remember which one, want you to pay for the DEMO downloads, and rogers pre-installs demos which are not able remove cause there locked under there Motorola phones, thank you rogers for you shitty service!
wombatrpgs
Do they suck just for their status as a cellphone game or the game itself? In theory the medium shouldn't limit, but I guess in some cases the mode of download would inhibit this... And I now hve re-kindled my hatred of Runescape as people around me succumb to it.
Vladalf
Well it's really hard to pick a game but I can say I dislike:

Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer - It simply destroyed the series for me, no more nazi shooting , simple gameplay and awesome sniper play. Now every map is little, all that points and levels make the game too complex for a shooter of this kind, voice messages don't have any more irony into them (what is funny when you hear a insurgent yelling ''ah bombelo'' ?), and allot of things.


-Vladalf
Thamerwaste
Petz FULL STOP
Port Royale cause it doesnt work on my computer, insted it brings up a lad (and i mean a load of german)
RUNESCAPE (nuff said)
WOW (same as above)


Games that the company makes you pay for just to get a little game time

Those are just a few.....
Fake
Seven Kingdoms Conquest

Waste of bandwitdh
00chaos8
sonic the hedgehog for the 360, despite sonic is one my greatest child memories back in the sega genesis days, the new one seriously just sucked.
wombatrpgs
As a general rule of thumb, any 3D Sonic sucks. Or any with voiceovers. Forgot to mention those as being hated games. Why does everything have to be 3D nowadays?
Aiz
I actually have quote a few games that I dislike, but the few (mostly types of games) that I can recall off of the top of my head:

Mario: not against the game it self but the...outfit. I can't stand to look at it >.>;

American made TV-show ripoff games for the DS: I try out a lot of games for the DS when I get the chance, and these type of games made purely to suck more cash out of a franchise have the most awkward controls, horrible load time, and the games themselves are as uninteresting as they come. Not to mention, most of them are ports from other such games they made before for other platforms, so they don't even fully use the unique capabilities of the DS, so it completely defeats the purpose.

Sports Games: I am not a sports fan in real life, and uh, playing them virtually seem even less interesting.

But mostly, when I run into a game I dislike, I get rid of it ASAP and just sorta forget about it ^^;
ccube921
Like MisterXY I hate WOW and Runescape for the same reason as him. They are such dumb games.
tinyshamster
Oh I hate just WoW. Dont know what I hate about accually, i just hate it. ;P
Arseniy
Lineage II. That game really eats your brains! You can play it once and then you'll find that you cannot stop playing!
Also there are stupid graphics and idea. World of Warcraft is a way better, although I don't play it too.
Zombie
oblivion, gta 2, and pokemon for gameboy
misterXY
wombatrpgs wrote:
Do they suck just for their status as a cellphone game or the game itself? In theory the medium shouldn't limit, but I guess in some cases the mode of download would inhibit this... And I now hve re-kindled my hatred of Runescape as people around me succumb to it.

There just isnt any set of rules that should be in place for cellphone games as there should be.

I mean yes each phone should have some special features but to base it on the whole phone itself? Not fair and not right. And the price they want is a little dishonest for how much is done, im a grade 12 computer science student and i can make better games most of the time then what l get.

Then you get the games that you can't uninstall on your cellphone without buying it? like what the hell?
wombatrpgs
Teasers, I suppose. The "games" option on my phone is just an instant link to an online "please pay us" page. Instant content my foot.
ayour
Tomb Raider (the entire series) because the controls are so pointlessly difficult, and the game is only 'good' because it's got an "attractive" woman with large breasts. How pathetic.

WoW, because it really is quite a boring, pointless game that charges you more money every month. I am proud to say I never even got to level 50.

Snake 3, which you get on mobile phones. What a crappy, slow, boring remake of what was an awesome snake game.

Fury3 - MS ripped off Terminal Velocity, and failed.

Halo. What a crappy, over-hyped game. Here's some better ones: Duke Nukem 3d, Rise of the Triad, Doom, Doom 2, Prey, Unreal Tournament/2003/2004/3, Half-Life 1, Half-Life 2, Quake 3

That's all I can think of at the moment.
misterXY
wombatrpgs wrote:
Teasers, I suppose. The "games" option on my phone is just an instant link to an online "please pay us" page. Instant content my foot.

Yeppers... cellphone games are the worst
smvh321
crysis.... its stupid
filesharing
Sims - especially Add-Ons
why to simulate life if i live a real life ?
cleaning, eating, working, stroking pets

just one diffrence - you cant understand the sims, they speak in a weird language Very Happy
salemaj
Crysis
Why you ask me? well it's just stupid, all this hype about it and how it rocks and that it will change the way we look at FPS games and video gaming graphics... only to realize that even TODAY there is YET a computer that's able to play it at MAX settings with acceptable FPS... I think those who made it are brainless and they should be probably stop making video games..
abcmario
I hate all first person shooter games! and even all that SIMs stupid games, soooooo bored that its better sleep.
enygmasoft
abcmario wrote:
I hate all first person shooter games! and even all that SIMs stupid games, soooooo bored that its better sleep.


I find it difficult to argue, I have never been much of a fan of FPS games.
Wuppie
salemaj wrote:
Crysis
Why you ask me? well it's just stupid, all this hype about it and how it rocks and that it will change the way we look at FPS games and video gaming graphics... only to realize that even TODAY there is YET a computer that's able to play it at MAX settings with acceptable FPS... I think those who made it are brainless and they should be probably stop making video games..


Computers are able to run it now. And why are you so mad? They made a mistake, but the game was still pretty good, with the nanosuit etc.
OsLendas
I hate TIBIA, WoW and most of MMORPG's!
fredy
I hate baseball games, american futbol games, ando some simulaation games
Zombie
I hate morrowind i used to play it with my gf, but we broke up now that game is soo lame to me.
misterXY
SimCity Socities + addon = horrible
the game is so SLOW.
It's slow on it's highest & lowest detailed options and l'm running on:
2 gb DDR2
NVIDA MCP67M
AMD TURION 64 X2 TL-58
Vista SP1
buddyzer
I hate ALL 3 of them corny Xbox 360 Burger King Games that I was stupid enough to pay $5 bucks for... SIGH!
wombatrpgs
You get what you pay for... I've never seen much point in new cheap games. Old games that are cheap because they're old are usually at least entertaining for a little while. New ones are almost always eclipsed by free games.
misterXY
buddyzer wrote:
I hate ALL 3 of them corny Xbox 360 Burger King Games that I was stupid enough to pay $5 bucks for... SIGH!

thank god i dont own a xbox 360, nor do eat at burger king..ooo and l download lol Twisted Evil
gugusm
I can't tell you what games do I hate, cause if I don't like something, I just don't play it Wink
misterXY
gugusm wrote:
I can't tell you what games do I hate, cause if I don't like something, I just don't play it Wink

well then how would u know if u dont like it?
bertbosi
i like games .

games i hate are all those stradegic games with some stupid missions
Pikokola
I hate games that the only purpose is to kill your time, while it hardly have a real story and unique challenge on every level.
Those small game house kind of game is one example.
misterXY
Pikokola wrote:
I hate games that the only purpose is to kill your time, while it hardly have a real story and unique challenge on every level.
Those small game house kind of game is one example.

l dont even count those as games anymore
wombatrpgs
bertbosi wrote:
games i hate are all those stradegic games with some stupid missions

So you only like hack 'n slash...? Games that actually involve thinking are the only ones worth playing long-term. Even the most basic shoot 'em up is at least in some way strategic. Sure, it's a ways from a strategy game, but anything that doesn't fit into that category is mindless.

Those sorts of games can be fun occasionally. It just depends on what sort of mood you're in. It's not like they're meant to occupy your time for more than half an hour. Besides, there are hundreds of those games, so only play the ones that are enjoyable.
poppat
All games based japanese characters with mushy childlike graphics. They just don't inspire me at all. I am still waiting for the ultimate game with great graphics, great story, great interaction and gameplay. Assassin's Creed had so much promise but fell flat, but I think future games in the 3rd person genre will definitely have to compete with that sort of gameplay to become a triple A game.

poppat

By the way one of my faveouirite old games was Pipeline II on the Commodore 64!! Sweet.
wombatrpgs
By childlike graphics, do you mean pixel-y or old nineties kids TV show graphics? If it's the latter, I agree completely... Really hate that sort of thing. It makes me think of Wand of Gamalon. Another thing to hate... Non-canon games spun off from some dying series...
Urban
wombatrpgs wrote:
By childlike graphics, do you mean pixel-y or old nineties kids TV show graphics? If it's the latter, I agree completely... Really hate that sort of thing. It makes me think of Wand of Gamalon. Another thing to hate... Non-canon games spun off from some dying series...


I'd say that the new C&C, Red Alert 3 (beta), has childlike graphics. I hope they will make something better in the final game because the actual graphics aren't so good looking
rjason0
I hate playing anime games
misterXY
While l agree that the child looking crap is annoying and just fills a empty volume of crap. Anything amine is very annoying and how everyone is playing those games and watching those shows lately is very quite annoying as well...

Any game that won't allow you to make changes also sucks, ex l do java programming
Any games with java (runescape) allows NO tweaking what so ever, but l offline version for tweaking would be awesome.. even though its kinda pointless without the mmorpg in it, but thats just a example.

I'm hating how every game is slowly pushing into the mmorpg scene, mainly cause it has alot of potential dollars involved by monthly memberships, good job blizzard.. you ****** ****** rune it for me and l was in love with there games up too warcraft 3, which blew me away from all of there games since.
enygmasoft
Now to be honest I dont have games that I hate. however, my son plays videogames that I Wonder who should I torture for creating that mess. Good times i thoght were possible because I rented batman returns without ever reading a review for the snes. It was a solid waste of 48 hours of my life as a passed that peice of warm manure.
condiment
1: Final Fantasy and all cheap knock-offs of it. Seriously,, if people haven't noticed, it sucks
2: Runescape: It sucks because it addicts you and sucks because people think it's cool. Oh, how wrong they are.
3:WoW: paying heaps for a stereotypical RPG. stupid.
4: Wrestling Games: I tolerate wrestling, but they say when they say they are releasing a new one, its just a shinier version of last years.
5: Who can frogot the Sims. Two words: Total crap.
6: Medal of Honour. Someone should be shot for "The rising sun".
7: Snake 3: Why, oh why did they ruin snake!?
8: Oblivion: Everyone says they love it. Your doing the same thing. Walk around. Old man says something. Steal something. search for lockpicks. Waste of Time.
wombatrpgs
I'll agree with FF on that list just because so many people play the Dawn of Souls remake and assume the original game was just like that.
miacps
Nameless wrote:
Literally every single shoddy cash-in game based on a popular movie. *shudders*


Amen brotha! I've been playing video games long enough that I have a subconscious filter that immediately skips over any obvious cash in game.

Yjaxygames wrote:
Movie licensed games always are bad, with a tiny few exceptions.


Agreed, though home alone 2 for gameboy was pretty fun even though it was kinda buggy if I remember correctly.

Lets see... my most disliked game of all time would have to be... hmm, this is hard. I can't go with WoW because even though it doesn't appeal to me, it's not completely horrible.

Oh yeah! ET for atari! Was it atari or nes? Either way, that game was awful.
HamsterMan
I dislike games that use fake sloppy physics and surroundings (Like for example 2d backgrounds) and use a lot of pre-scripted events. It just destroys the whole illusion.
wombatrpgs
2D backgrounds...? As in Sonic or Megaman...? It might not be the most physically correct thing, but without 3D, what are you going to do?
HamsterMan
wombatrpgs wrote:
2D backgrounds...? As in Sonic or Megaman...? It might not be the most physically correct thing, but without 3D, what are you going to do?

I'm of course talking about 2d backgrounds in 3d games, especially in FPS games.
Really distant backgrounds can be 2d sure, but when the only thing you see in a game is a 2d picture of a closeup of a city it feels pretty lame.
grashopa
Why did I buy the PS3 when everything on it sucks terribly?

OMG Metal Gear Solid sucked so bad. A movie of it would have been ok, but the game is just boring as its just a walk from here to there as it is so simple.

Resistance fall of man??? How the heck did people make this crap? FPS on the console suck compared to the mouse control as the game has to be completely retarded to be playable with a controller. If shooting stupid looking enemies that stand still and fire slow moving circles at you is your idea of fun get this.

Assassins Creed??? Oh man come on. All you do is walk from one waypoint on your map to another and you have no idea what you are doing the whole time. How the heck am I supposed to know I should pick pocket this guy when I just arrived in town ? And how did I know he would be at that spot!? Well there was a way point!

I need a story please thanks! Smile
HamsterMan
grashopa wrote:

Assassins Creed??? Oh man come on. All you do is walk from one waypoint on your map to another and you have no idea what you are doing the whole time. How the heck am I supposed to know I should pick pocket this guy when I just arrived in town ? And how did I know he would be at that spot!? Well there was a way point!

Oh totally, if you looked up repetitive in the dictionary there should be a picture of assassins creed there.
Sam-fisher-0001
allwrite the games that i hate include PAY per month on top of puchasesing the game!
wombatrpgs
It's just a marketing scheme... That's only *certain* MMORPGs as far as I know, so it's not that big a deal, as I don't play them... I've decided I also dislike sequels that miss the point... Or maybe just sequels in general. Hard to pinpoint an example.
ParsaAkbari
I hate those cheesy old skool games. Rubbish graphics and a dire story line. It is obvious they could do better. Even by the range of textures they use. It makes me sick.
LostOverThere
Pretty much shovelware in general. Razz

But really, I dislike World of Warcraft, most of the modern Warioware games, and anything that focuses on graphics more then gameplay.
misterXY
l've been happy not being able to buy a ps3, and thank god l haven't. heard so many dark gamer stories on it, got very sloppy, l'm amazed ps3 is selling, take out the blueray then they have nothing.
Remember ps2? oo a dvd player already! ooh it's GTA exclusive (VC and for awhile SA), well if HDDVD won, xbox 360 would've pwned them. GTA isnt just a sony game anymore, and blueray players are dropping. They, sony, are producing crappier games thinking they can just simply make profits, since hey its a playstation! psp is absolutely horrible, and l mean horrible! any psp owner can relate, ie without modding it.. limit & shitty movies and games.. very shitty games..
wombatrpgs
LostOverThere wrote:
Pretty much shovelware in general. Razz

But really, I dislike World of Warcraft, most of the modern Warioware games, and anything that focuses on graphics more then gameplay.


About Warioware... Agree with that. Does anyone miss WarioLand? I really dislike WarioLand4 in the sense that it took the WarioWare approach to a WarioLand game... 1, 2, and 3 had actual merit to them as there own games; I suppose the approach was supposed to sell more? Wrong market.
A-crime
Runescape, worst game ever, bad quality and stuf... just sucky xD
weableandbob
halo 3- way too over rated
wombatrpgs
weableandbob wrote:
halo 3- way too over rated


If only because it accomplished the exact same things as 1 and 2 without being significantly different...
tchaunt
I hate games that get "worshiped". Basically, if over 70% of the population likes it, I hate it.
To name a few:
Guitar Hero (all versions)
Halo (all versions)
WoW (Every freakin' narutard at my school loves that game)
A lot of the movie-based games
GTA (all versions)

Many people play a game and call it "amazing" because their friends did the same. I have never enjoyed games that you hear about a lot. I hear about these crummy games all the time and I just nod my head silently while I want to scream out, "I don't care! Go type in your precious little cheat code and leave me alone!". As you can tell, I get really annoyed by most of the popular games.
evilgeniuself
I enjoy a lot of games, and rarely find one that I just cannot stand. If I had to choose two games I would say I "hated", they would be the entire Crash Bandicoot series, mainly because it began off as a string of bad jokes set to a game I've already played and never changed from that, and Simpson's Road Rage, just because it was repetitive and became boring rather fast. Other than those, though, I really don't hate very many games. Sure, there's a few I would rather not play, yet will still play them if I had nothing better to do.
misterXY
tchaunt wrote:
I hate games that get "worshiped". Basically, if over 70% of the population likes it, I hate it.
To name a few:
Guitar Hero (all versions)
Halo (all versions)
WoW (Every freakin' narutard at my school loves that game)
A lot of the movie-based games
GTA (all versions)

Many people play a game and call it "amazing" because their friends did the same. I have never enjoyed games that you hear about a lot. I hear about these crummy games all the time and I just nod my head silently while I want to scream out, "I don't care! Go type in your precious little cheat code and leave me alone!". As you can tell, I get really annoyed by most of the popular games.


Well l like GTA:VC was a good game, but the rest l don't jump for joy. Halo 2 isn't bad, l own the collectors edition months before it was released (bootlag sortve. used to have a friend in MS before the turn of events of the economy). But the rest, l more then agree with you.
lw_93
I hate:
halo's
world of Warcraft
runescape

all purely as there gay games for people who have absolutly no life
anyone here about the teen kid who shot his parents because they confiscated halo of him
how sad j
votd
The games I hate:
The Sims (pointless)
World of Warcraft (I don't like the climate of this one...)
Starrfoxx
Well, I do like Sims. I guess it's kinda pointless, but then Seinfield is kind of pointless and that was it's charming point. Laughing


One game that comes to mind that I hate is Spore. I hate that it didn't become the game that it should have. It has wonderful possibilities, but it came up short because the programmers dumbed it down.

There are others, but I can't think of any at the moment because I'm at work.
o2o213o2
I hate all games that my computer cant run (Maybe my computer is weak Laughing )
Left 4 Dead
Grand Theft Auto IV
abecedarian
Nah, those games are hyped for a reason, they are good. But World Of Warcraft is a waste of time, the game may be really good, once you get into it, you can never get out again.
kriszara
Games I hate,
I have played more boardgames then video games over my lifetime (yes, I'm old) so my list is:
1. Monopoly, Payday, etc any game where you just roll the dice and move your pawn...YAWN
2. Axis & Allies and similar world domination games - I get caught up in the excitement of building up my armies and lose because I am not aggressive enough.
3. Chess - I just suck at it...LOL

Helios' edit: please use your signature space in your profile for signatures...
Diablosblizz
I don't hate (I mean really hate) any games in particular, although I don't like the list below:

1. Sims. I don't see a point in building a life, then watching it crumble. So pointless, oh and the help symbols give NO HELP AT ALL! Real pointless game.

2. Sim City, while fun it's annoying. The game has no help at all, took me about 30 minutes to figure out what I was doing, and it still was totally confusing. Also, it doesn't simulate real life at all, last time I checked cars just didn't pop out of the middle of no where.

3. Zoo Tycoon 2. I love Tycoon games, and Zoo Tycoon 1. But I hate 2. I don't like the kind of games that you can zoom into and see the animals, which leads me to the next one.

4. Sim Theme Park. Interesting game, not bad but just horrible. I don't see how any of the rides would be fun at all, and basically you can do anything you want with the roller coasters and it's not illegal. I also don't like how you can walk around the park, it's just so boring. I'd rather stick with Roller Coaster Tycoon, which is an AMAZING game!

5. I also hate Guitar Hero, but not Rock Band. It's quite odd really, I just don't see why just a guitar? I'd rather pay the same (or maybe more) for a lot more! And I hate how they copied Rock Band and added drums and a microphone. Another thing I hate is that they are owned by the same stupid company, EA. EA was a lot better "back-in-the-day" when they released meaningful songs.

Oh, and that's just my PC list, except for GH. Wink It's intersting what people hate, and I don't quite understand why Starcraft. It's an amazing game, and the ideas never stop on Use Map Settings. I play WoW, although I'm no hardcore addict. I play it for maybe an hour then get bored and do something else. Fun while it lasts though. Also, I don't pay. Smile

Keep the posts coming, I love hearing what people hate!
filesharing
Tetris: never won there Very Happy
Starrfoxx
Diablosblizz wrote:
I also hate Guitar Hero, but not Rock Band. It's quite odd really, I just don't see why just a guitar? I'd rather pay the same (or maybe more) for a lot more! And I hate how they copied Rock Band and added drums and a microphone. Another thing I hate is that they are owned by the same stupid company, EA. EA was a lot better "back-in-the-day" when they released meaningful songs.


Guitar Hero World Tour adds the other instruments, so it is more like Rock Band. I still prefer Rock Band myself. And from what I have seen, EA has their name slapped onto Rock Band, not Guitar Hero.
Fake
The Sims and the enitre series of it!
Diablosblizz
Starrfoxx wrote:
Diablosblizz wrote:
I also hate Guitar Hero, but not Rock Band. It's quite odd really, I just don't see why just a guitar? I'd rather pay the same (or maybe more) for a lot more! And I hate how they copied Rock Band and added drums and a microphone. Another thing I hate is that they are owned by the same stupid company, EA. EA was a lot better "back-in-the-day" when they released meaningful songs.


Guitar Hero World Tour adds the other instruments, so it is more like Rock Band. I still prefer Rock Band myself. And from what I have seen, EA has their name slapped onto Rock Band, not Guitar Hero.


Sorry, I was mistaken. Both games are developed by Harmonix Music Systems and MTV Games, not EA.
jsfdan
While WoW has some decent graphics, I don't like the gameplay.
Xanatos
I hate any sports/racing related games. They are boring and I just don't seem to see the point.
I also hate WoW. The gameplay is boring and yet you keep going back to it. I am so happy I've been sober from WoW for over a year.
wombatrpgs
There are some racing games that are moderately enjoyable... Just not auto racing. I think the original Lego Racers mastered the genre.
jsfdan
I also hate the game "sim city". I mean it was amusing at first, but then it got really boring. :\
ddukki
Uniracers on the SNES. Played it once and I wanted to burn the cartridge.
heartnet
I hate GTA series Very Happy
pointless
misterXY
Diablosblizz wrote:
Starrfoxx wrote:
Diablosblizz wrote:
I also hate Guitar Hero, but not Rock Band. It's quite odd really, I just don't see why just a guitar? I'd rather pay the same (or maybe more) for a lot more! And I hate how they copied Rock Band and added drums and a microphone. Another thing I hate is that they are owned by the same stupid company, EA. EA was a lot better "back-in-the-day" when they released meaningful songs.


Guitar Hero World Tour adds the other instruments, so it is more like Rock Band. I still prefer Rock Band myself. And from what I have seen, EA has their name slapped onto Rock Band, not Guitar Hero.


Sorry, I was mistaken. Both games are developed by Harmonix Music Systems and MTV Games, not EA.

Which makes me wonder, would EA made a better game? anything to do with MTV makes me walk away... always knew something about GH and RB that just... wasn't right... now l see the dark deep roots of crap.
Evil or Very Mad

And the Sim City games are awesome, just not the latest one.. ****** that game is slow as hell.. AMD Turion 64x, 2GB ddr2, lots of harddrive, slimmed the processors down too what's needed and ran it, took forever (Vista 32 and 64). Just a really shitty and horrible game.
CosmicDisturbance
Big Rigs- Over the road racing

It's not even worth calling it a game.




Also, why do so many people here hate the gta series?
Diablosblizz
CosmicDisturbance wrote:
Also, why do so many people here hate the gta series?


I just bought an xBox, and it's my first game! I love it!
wombatrpgs
It's probably just because it's an icon for the games that are about fun rather than about art or whatever. It's probably a very well done game, but some people will never like it just because it's popular.
j00gotpwnd
I hate Enchanted Arms for the Xbox 360/PS3. That game was the only JRPG for quite a while on the 360, and I bought it just because I wanted to play one. Worst $60 I ever spent. I still haven't beaten it because it was so damn bad.
misterXY
Diablosblizz wrote:
CosmicDisturbance wrote:
Also, why do so many people here hate the gta series?


I just bought an xBox, and it's my first game! I love it!

GTA:VC was like my tenth game for xbox l bought, waiting to buy a 360 soon, just lazy Very Happy
NtpU
I hate;

Tekken: Boring series. Pretty much the same as every other fighting game ever made.
Rainbow Six: Poorly made bullshit with bad gameplay and worse graphics.
The Tomb Raider games: Overrated. Boring.
andersonic
World of Warcraft is easily my most hated game.

Was disapointed with the Lost game, but can't say I hate it, behind its fusebox puzzle it was kinda cool to walk on a little bit of the island.
misterXY
NtpU wrote:
I hate;

Tekken: Boring series. Pretty much the same as every other fighting game ever made.
Rainbow Six: Poorly made bullshit with bad gameplay and worse graphics.
The Tomb Raider games: Overrated. Boring.

tomb taider pisses me off with a passion! oh god l hate hearing about tomb raider anything
carlospro7
Nameless wrote:
Literally every single shoddy cash-in game based on a popular movie. *shudders*


Yeah, I definitely hate those too. And so far almost any game that game.giveawayoftheday.com puts on their site.
Nolt
I hate... Tibia Very Happy The uglyest game I have ever seen Wink
misterXY
carlospro7 wrote:
Nameless wrote:
Literally every single shoddy cash-in game based on a popular movie. *shudders*


Yeah, I definitely hate those too. And so far almost any game that game.giveawayoftheday.com puts on their site.

Ditto. Extremely hate them actually.
blk3
FPS - hate them in general coz there seems to be too much of them right now, used to loved them when there where only a few of them way back.

Simulation Games - like Sims, sim city etc, coz these games doesn't seem to end for me, seems to go on and on forever.

MMORPG - you need to be online to play and most of them can't be played for free.
retro-tracker
i hate strategy games because they are very boring...i like play with FPS games for example call of duty...if you would like play war with me plz write to me in xfire: bvarid2
Denvis
I hate Runescape. The game has changed so much and there are too many 10 year old kids that play it. =]
misterXY
Denvis wrote:
I hate Runescape. The game has changed so much and there are too many 10 year old kids that play it. =]

l hated it since the first hour l played it when l was younger, wasnt playing it when l was ten, but l've heard alot of horror stories on that site, l don't know how it's still running, l remember when l was playing there was just too many hardcore gamers playing it and wouldnt leave a pixel untouched it was just getting ridiculous!
love_her_freida_pinto
wabik90 wrote:
Hehe, nice topic Very Happy It's hard to say because I love computer games, I love playing them and I... hate:
Wow - everybody(except me)'ve played this game more than once in his live;
CS - it has old graphics, bad physics than newer multi-player shooters and i hate it because I spending hours daily playing it... ;
And I hate all tycoon because I like to play them but I always lose...


Cheers Cool


hey i haven't played WoW and im not planning to. U don't know who you're interacting with - for example, i saw a 40 year old guy at a net cafe sitting beside me playing WoW with a female character. Could be a paedophile, you never know. But basically i hate any game that you need to pay for continuously. If it's a once off payment for a good game, than i would consider playing.

I HATE RUNESCAPE, ADVENTURE QUEST AND ALL THE OTHER GAMES BY ARTIX ENTERTAINMENT
misterXY
love_her_freida_pinto wrote:
wabik90 wrote:
Hehe, nice topic Very Happy It's hard to say because I love computer games, I love playing them and I... hate:
Wow - everybody(except me)'ve played this game more than once in his live;
CS - it has old graphics, bad physics than newer multi-player shooters and i hate it because I spending hours daily playing it... ;
And I hate all tycoon because I like to play them but I always lose...


Cheers Cool


hey i haven't played WoW and im not planning to. U don't know who you're interacting with - for example, i saw a 40 year old guy at a net cafe sitting beside me playing WoW with a female character. Could be a paedophile, you never know. But basically i hate any game that you need to pay for continuously. If it's a once off payment for a good game, than i would consider playing.

I HATE RUNESCAPE, ADVENTURE QUEST AND ALL THE OTHER GAMES BY ARTIX ENTERTAINMENT

yeah, but they also, l hate too say this but it's a really good point, upgrade the servers (this is wow im talking about btw) and make fixes, improve stuff, make new items, so on, this one guy was telling me about, but l still think it's pricey, think about it,
Buying game x Users + the ext packs
PLUS
12 months x membership fee x users
==========================
alot of dough, how much do they actually need to keep profitable but productive? hmm
brokenadvice
I hate minesweeper. I cannot do anything more than beginner. I have even sucked as much as to hit a mine on the second or third click! I don't know what is wrong with me!
Zombie
I hate any pokemon games. I used to love those pokemon games lol. Also, I don't like guildwars, it's so wierd.
wombatrpgs
All pokemon games or just the newer generations? In my opinion, they ceased to become around 3rd gen. First was obviously what started everything and a great classic, 2nd improved the problems of 1st and generally improved the look. Past that, it's unneeded mechanics and stupid-looking pokemon... I gave up on that series fast, but it's still nice to play Blue every once in a while.
andysart380
new GTA...worst game ever
Stormrage
Personally, I dislike Crysis. It is just eyecandy...
WoW and other MMORPG make me question society's intelligence. Hating them goes without saying.
There are probably many more games that I hate, but it seems I can't recall them.
clutchdude
why hated gta4? sorry...never played that..i only hav gta3
misterXY
andysart380 wrote:
new GTA...worst game ever

Haven't got to play it but what's wrong with it?
wombatrpgs
Stormrage wrote:
WoW and other MMORPG make me question society's intelligence. Hating them goes without saying.
There are probably many more games that I hate, but it seems I can't recall them.


That's basically the worst of society there. Though the games themselves are strangely addictive, it's the stupidity of those around you that really make the game hateable.
Roflcopter
I dont like WoW i cant see how it's so addictive... Confused
wombatrpgs
Just the sense of competition I guess. Stupid things are more fun when you're doing them against people.
Marcuzzo
GTA4 isn't that bad, but I liked San Andreas more, Vice city in it's days was pretty fun too with the 80s theme.

the game I hate the most is COD5 World at war, how many times do you want to storm omaha beach, run around with a M1 garant and shoot zi germanz , on the other hand, Modern Warfare is my all time favorit game
spinout
i really dislike facebreaker -
hm i really dislike fp shooters... but I can go for GTA where i can shoot cops..
pscompanies
misterXY wrote:

GTA 4


Why do you hate GTAiV?
wombatrpgs
spinout wrote:
i really dislike facebreaker -
hm i really dislike fp shooters... but I can go for GTA where i can shoot cops..


It's only nicer as it's not ONLY an FPS.
iyepes
I think all games are ok for the people who like them, what I can't stand is fanatics.... ooops this should go on the sports forum, but, anyway, there are also game fanatics.
slashnburn99
any game that looks good on the cover and then you play it and is really bad
aidanbaez
I would have to say excite bike alll you ever do is repeat the same things over and over....
lexqqq
90 % of games that is made for the movie
clydejaw
lexqqq wrote:
90 % of games that is made for the movie


I concur, games for movies are so crap. I don't see why they make a movie from a game then make a game from that movie. Got water-down much?

Like dragonball was originally a good tv series + had a very good arcade fighting game.

Then, they decided to make it a movie, and released a shit house game.

Apparently they are gonna make a WoW movie -_-;; wonder if they'll make the live action in to a game that follows the movie -__-;;!!
clydejaw
not that wow is a good game :E
wombatrpgs
lexqqq wrote:
90 % of games that is made for the movie


This. But really, you could at least DISGUISE a money-milking. It's all rather shameless. And I'd put that figure closer to 100%.
misterXY
wombatrpgs wrote:
lexqqq wrote:
90 % of games that is made for the movie


This. But really, you could at least DISGUISE a money-milking. It's all rather shameless. And I'd put that figure closer to 100%.

Try 101 percent! Razz
EximiusNero
Halo (mainly 2 and 3) is a big pile of Donkey Doodie. Iron Storm sucks MASSIVE BALLS!!!!
...
...
Silent Hill 1 was pretty bad as well... okay maybe I don't hate it, but I did not like it.
georgeodowd
Psychonauts was a really frustrating experience for me, mostly because I was so excited about it, and it held so much promise at first, but that part with the spinning log drives me NUTS. despite hours of trying, I cannot get past it, and therefore can't even experience the rest of the game. it's not even challenging, it's just impossible!
Hogwarts
love_her_freida_pinto wrote:
If it's a once off payment for a good game, than i would consider playing.


Because that'll pay for the hundreds of servers and employees it takes to keep the game running and keep adding stuff to it Rolling Eyes

It's the same as having a game (Guild Wars) and then releasing an expansion pack every 6 months. You may as well just be subscribed Rolling Eyes
silverdown
I hate games that you must pay a regular monthly fee to play such as WoW, and i also hate games that only have a preset weapon and you can't change or get any other ones....
Hogwarts
silverdown wrote:
I hate games that you must pay a regular monthly fee to play such as WoW

Why? It's the same as buying expansion packs regularly (Sims) or outright buying new games constantly, not negating the fact that WoW is a never-ending game.
catscratches
Hogwarts wrote:
silverdown wrote:
I hate games that you must pay a regular monthly fee to play such as WoW

Why? It's the same as buying expansion packs regularly (Sims)
Which also sucks.

That way, developers seem to focus on quantity over quality (or well, pretty much all commersial games do anyways).
Roflcopter
easily runescape Smile
wombatrpgs
catscratches wrote:

That way, developers seem to focus on quantity over quality (or well, pretty much all commersial games do anyways).


Actually, there have a been a larger number of games recently that have been pretty short with higher quality. For instance, Cursed Mountain, The Dark Spire...
catscratches
wombatrpgs wrote:
catscratches wrote:

That way, developers seem to focus on quantity over quality (or well, pretty much all commersial games do anyways).


Actually, there have a been a larger number of games recently that have been pretty short with higher quality. For instance, Cursed Mountain, The Dark Spire...
I disagree. Both seem completely uninteresting to me.
wombatrpgs
catscratches wrote:
I disagree. Both seem completely uninteresting to me.


Oh well, not surprising. Neither of them are favorites of mine, and I generally like old-style RPGs and horror knock-offs. But the point is that those games were aiming for quality (even if they didn't reach it), and didn't care too much about length. Or maybe that's because the producer rushed it.
catscratches
Unless they were aiming for quanitity in the number of games, which at least the publisher seems to be doing. *cough* Releasing 6 identical games under the time span of two years. "for the 6 to 12 year old demographic" *cough*

But yeah, I should probably have written publishers instead of developers. Developers tend to actually care somewhat about their games, even when being commersial.
Bluedemon
WoW - Dont really see whats so good about it
Max Payne 1 - Stupid Story. crap concept
Age of Conan - What game is over 20gb in size??
biljap
I hate shooting games… I don’t understand how someone can enjoy so much violence. Rolling Eyes
Insanity
Shooting games aren't that bad. Especially if you take into account there are a lot of cartoony shooting games that don't show a lot of blood or whatever. Take Team Fortress, where there's an air of humor throughout the game with the cartoony characters. It's really not so bad, and it can be quite fun. Just because someone likes playing shooting games doesn't mean they're going to grow up to be super violent or anything. Also, in that vein, if you don't like shooting games maybe you shouldn't watch any movies with guns in them either.

Anyways, as for myself, I don't enjoy playing scary games like Resident Evil or things like that. I can't handle scary stuff very well and it's hard for me to think of why people do.
LostOverThere
Insanity wrote:
Shooting games aren't that bad. Especially if you take into account there are a lot of cartoony shooting games that don't show a lot of blood or whatever. Take Team Fortress, where there's an air of humor throughout the game with the cartoony characters. It's really not so bad, and it can be quite fun.

I completely agree with you. But choosing Team Fortress 2 is the worst example ever - all that dismemberment! That being said, although I do find shooters entertaining, I also find a lot of them generic and uninspired. That's not to say the entire genre is lousy, but there are other genres I'd rather play (Adventure, for instance).
Ghost900
I dislike the Band of Brothers series.

The first two games were nearly impossible on easy mode. Ok let me rephrase that, certain areas were near impossible on easy with a full group and being at full health.

Splinter Cell: Double Agent I hated because of the bugs that made it near unplayable but was great fun when it worked as it was supposed to.
wombatrpgs
Hm, haven't heard of Band of Brothers... But I've never really been that miffed at difficulty.
sum12nv
top 3 games i hate are:... Drum Roll Pls
DuhDaDuhDuh...
#1. Runescape. Reason: only noobs play it cause they have too much free time. especially LVL100 ppl they have no life.
#2. Adventure Quest/ Dragon Fable. Reason: They are retarded and to have actual fun in the game u have to pay money or else its just boring.
#3. GTA II. Reason: story line is the same as GTA I and graphics are shitty.
Bluedoll
lets play devils war shootemup masher cult sex machine!


I know it is not specific and only generalizing but dark, fighting, horrible evil stupid games, I think not only kill the reputation of game producers and pathetic game users but are boring, sadistic and don't have any real value what so ever.

There have been many really good fantastic games made by the industry, the producers and the people that use and buy games that are simply sick -o- games and people should wise up to it!

Oh, no, I hope I did not make a horrible mistake and not consider my audience?

I think there are some really cool people involved with computer games on both sides but also some people involved in games that have a product which really shows what this society is made up of! Idiots!
REal stupid idiots!!

I wouldn't even take the time to discuss one of these garbage games. The fact that some of these games make money, are sold to a childrens market, really immoral is simply outrageous.

I hate that a really cool and creative industry should be consumed by people who would do better sitting on a mental ward!

IT IS NOT JUST A GAME IT IS ABOUT PEOPLE!
_________________________________________________________________

further comment: this post asked for a hate response! - - - - SOooooooo that is what you got!

Twisted Evil
catscratches
Bluedoll wrote:
are sold to a childrens market
Oh, really? The video game market is just for kids? What makes it so different from the film industry or the music industry?
Bluedoll
catscratches wrote:
Oh, really?
Where does it say that all games are all sold to a childrens market?
But many are!
Some games that are bought by adults are garbage too just like some films and music.
Garbage! Really!
HalfBloodPrince
Mass Effect. Blaaargh Mad
catscratches
Bluedoll wrote:
catscratches wrote:
Oh, really?
Where does it say that all games are all sold to a childrens market?
But many are!
But I'd certainly say that the "dark, fighting, horrible evil stupid games" aren't. Maybe I misinterpreted your post, but it seemed like it was those that you talked about.
Bluedoll
catscratches wrote:
Bluedoll wrote:
catscratches wrote:
Oh, really?
Where does it say that all games are all sold to a childrens market?
But many are!
But I'd certainly say that the "dark, fighting, horrible evil stupid games" aren't. Maybe I misinterpreted your post, but it seemed like it was those that you talked about.

Actually I was talking about lousy games in general that I think are really stupid and not about only if or if not a child picks one up and purchases it or plays it at home. I think a lot of games are played by children though as well as adults so I don't see the reason this point is being debated but now that it is can anyone honestly say that the games kids play today are really something they should be doing as they contain so much graphical and thoughful-less garbage?
Yes, the same can be said about movies, tv, comics etc. but lets not stop only with the children, adults are engaging in this really gruesome ugly stuff too. Why? Just because someone is an adult does it make them any less subjected to an industry that is sending out as much complete gutter polution as it possiblily can?
No, I don't think all games are garbage nor do I hate all games because some games have merit, creative and really have a purpose. Some are entertaining and even educational. But not all games have value. I didn't meantion which games are which, I will let the individual person decide that for themselves but as for the games I HATE, well I hate those evil games that some sadistic sad person made and somehow is making money on it because people are stupid enough to buy and use them!
Mihkel
I hate games where is no reality, like zombie killing or aliens from outer space.
speeDemon
misterXY wrote:
just another topic to add Rolling Eyes

the top three games i hate:
WoW = Never stop paying for it, why bother?
Medal of Honor Pacific Coast was way too short
GTA 4


GTA4 ?
I thought it was a good game!(never played it) I have a wii...
ovg8
Everyone hates WoW so do I another annoying game is this superbikes game for psp. It soooo boring.
misterXY
is it just me or is WoW dying? haven't heard anyone play it anymore...


ps l'm amazed this thread is still going Razz
catscratches
Pretty much all of my male classmates play WoW. Makes for veery interesting conversations... -.-
wombatrpgs
catscratches wrote:
Pretty much all of my male classmates play WoW. Makes for veery interesting conversations... -.-


If by interesting you mean mind-numbingly stupid.
catscratches
I have no idéa whether they are mind-numbingly stupid or not, because I don't understand a word of them.
wombatrpgs
That's pretty much the point.
catscratches
Well, they're equally blindfolded whenever I and some of the ones that understand programming talk about it. Though I don't deem speaking about programming stupid, so I guess I should not judge the level of their conversations either.
Liques
well... I never asked to myself about this before... and I am surprised because don't know this answer.

There are games that don't play because the violence and sexual content. Also game for kids and babys, sure.
Auctus
Nameless wrote:
Literally every single shoddy cash-in game based on a popular movie. *shudders*


Too right.

Sports games suck the vast majority of the time. Virtua Tennis is fun though. 99% of racing games suck, Gran Turismo, PGR, Metropolis, Forza, and maybe SHIFT which I haven't played yet being the exceptions.

Most Diablo clones try hard but just seem to fall flat. RPGs are usually lame rehashes. Platformers got stale 20 years ago. Survival horror languished for a long time but has recently made some great strides with Deadspace and Resident Evil 4 & 5.

Games in general suck, but when you find one that doesn't, it's fantastic. I love games, but I hate most of them.
wombatrpgs
That was sort of depressing.
LostOverThere
Quote:
Platformers got stale 20 years ago.

Someone missed Super Mario Galaxy. Wink

Nah, to each to his own - I just personally loved it.
ato784
misterXY wrote:
just another topic to add Rolling Eyes

the top three games i hate:
WoW = Never stop paying for it, why bother?
Medal of Honor Pacific Coast was way too short
GTA 4


i agree with you!
pscompanies
Most if not all cash-in games based on popular movies.. Game developers hardly bother to put effort into these kinds of games and just develop very basic games for a great number of platforms and usually none of them are good.

Also, games ported to handheld consoles that are such a far cry from the original that one wonders why they were ported in the first place. For example, Need For Speed: Shift had it's main attraction in the cockpit view but the PSP version does not even have that option!
Auctus
Sports games, ala Madden

MMORPGS (yay, they didn't include an ending so I'LL JUST KEEP PAYING! It's like buying Oblivion, and paying for it again each month.)
LostOverThere
Just anything with a lousy control scheme. Uck, I can't stand fiddly controls at all. Furthermore, I despise games who take graphics over game play (such as Far Cry). And finally, of course anything uninspired and unoriginal.
hades7006
All online game because hard level up.
misterXY
Weirdly enough.. one game l don't mind... the original gameboy pokemons......... lol
milleja46
Try advance guardian heroes for gba. I tried it on easy and beat it in 1 hr! I feel so ripped off. Mad Sad Evil or Very Mad
rafaelplinio
Here is a list three games that we should never play, or should never been created:

- tonyhawk - skate - just unreal!!!
- mobility - on pc is not fun at all!!!
- ragnarok - not fun... no reason to play.. or pay!!!... no story!!!

it's just games for nothing!!!
...
But everybody knows what to play...
Everyone has an idea about what's good or bad...

That's just my opinion
bye!
wombatrpgs
MMORPGs are all horrible but addicting... It's just a rule.
spinout
My worst is arcade car racing ... 100% sim is OK or close...
So I hate need for speed as an example ...
milleja46
wombatrpgs wrote:
MMORPGs are all horrible but addicting... It's just a rule.


True about some, but when you get to ones like free realms, or hyrule online, then they start get intresting. And when you get to the ones that have a storyline with good graphics then they are even better. But i agree with you otherwise
amperx
i hate runescape does that count? and yeah i dun like halo as well, dunno why its soo popular too, and wow, because you have to pay for it
wombatrpgs
Hey, the original Halo was pretty fun...
misterXY
Halo ftw.
misterXY
New game l hate, Anything by EA after seeing Madden 11 Rolling Eyes
Dementei
There are no games that I do not hate. They all have their own art form and design. Any reason to hate a game is most likely from your own fault or that you must have to compare every single game out there with another game. Games are like interactive paintings, how can you compare one artwork with another if the artists' are different. Comparing games with the same artist is okay but I'm just saying they are all just games. There are better things to hate like cruel unrighteous acts against humanity, things that worsen the world. No but really, we are spoiled, haha. Spoiled enough to hate a darn video game. America, the life of materialism.. Confused
wombatrpgs
Dementei wrote:
There are no games that I do not hate. They all have their own art form and design. Any reason to hate a game is most likely from your own fault or that you must have to compare every single game out there with another game. Games are like interactive paintings, how can you compare one artwork with another if the artists' are different. Comparing games with the same artist is okay but I'm just saying they are all just games. There are better things to hate like cruel unrighteous acts against humanity, things that worsen the world. No but really, we are spoiled, haha. Spoiled enough to hate a darn video game. America, the life of materialism.. Confused


Aw, don't take it too seriously. Everyone has games they dislike anyway. I guess the working of the topic title is a bit strong though. No reason to prevent us from pointlessly bickering about it though...!
milleja46
amperx wrote:
i hate runescape does that count?

that one's actually pretty good...but then there's sony's new game clone wars adventures, which more properly named should be called, free realms: clone wars edition
Dementei
wombatrpgs wrote:
Dementei wrote:
There are no games that I do not hate. They all have their own art form and design. Any reason to hate a game is most likely from your own fault or that you must have to compare every single game out there with another game. Games are like interactive paintings, how can you compare one artwork with another if the artists' are different. Comparing games with the same artist is okay but I'm just saying they are all just games. There are better things to hate like cruel unrighteous acts against humanity, things that worsen the world. No but really, we are spoiled, haha. Spoiled enough to hate a darn video game. America, the life of materialism.. Confused


Aw, don't take it too seriously. Everyone has games they dislike anyway. I guess the working of the topic title is a bit strong though. No reason to prevent us from pointlessly bickering about it though...!


Haha, yea perhaps I wouldn't have taken the serious route if the topic title said dislike rather than hate Wink
smsmcfarland
-delete-
wombatrpgs
Well if you liked Red and Blue, that's not exactly all of them...

And most sequels are the same old thing anyway. It's just painfully obvious with Pokemon because it's the same plot as well. Yeah, the later generations are fairly annoying.
alvarorojas4
I hate:

Halo = Don't like simplement.
Pokemon = OMG it's really annoiyng, the same in all the games.!! Don't understand how the people still playing.
Stupid games in internet: How Travian and that, are really stupid. :S
granvals
I think no one,every game is good for me,because it takes me some hoy time
milleja46
alvarorojas4 wrote:
I hate:

Halo = Don't like simplement.

i agree, but for the reason i'm more of a old-type weapon fighter not modern weapons modern weapons just aren't that intresting
speeDemon
I hate Games on facebook..
Farmville, Mafia wars etc. I just don't see the point in clicking a button and letting a totally random system decide whether you win or lose in a situation, and then just move forward with the given result.

Ok, maybe it's not random, but still, what are you doing to participate in the decision making.. nothing Confused

So, I don't like them..
Segun3d
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
I really hate these games for unexplainable reasons... but this don't mean they are bad games...
They range from pc to ps1and2 to xbox...

Doom. too much freeaky blood
resident evil. too much freeaky blood
Teken four
Hand of God
Halo
Rise to honour
Medal of Honor
Robin hood
and much more
Like i said it don't mean that they ain't good games...
wombatrpgs
Maybe you just don't like FPS games...?
Flakky
Josso wrote:
CS but mainly because everyone thinks it's the best thing ever because it's the first online FPS or just online game they played. It's a rip-off of basically every online FPS ever made and doesn't desrve the hype it gets.
If you look at the earlier FPS games you get Quake or Unreal. Those are totally different compared to CS. could you state which game is comparable for the time being?
mukesh
I hate prince of persia. I donot like this game.
shinodan
Hate is a strong word haha, but i dont like metal gear solid after the original, i dont like the new SAW games, there tottal rubbish

My taste in gaming is vary varied so i play most games without a problem

exept mabye hannah montana, god damn it.
wombatrpgs
I didn't even know there were Saw games, but I'd hazard a guess that yes, they are trash. Movie-based games are almost universally bad.
Flakky
Oh Gosh the SAW game was horrible. A total disaster, even after you died 20x before figuring out how to play the first 20 seconds of the game D:
Yes I admit dying 20 times in just the first 20 seconds of gameplay. The screen told me to press A so I did, eventually I learned that A was space, X was E and some more stuff. Guess I had to figure it out the hard was as the reverse bear trap was on my head xD
wombatrpgs
Out of curiosity, when was this game released?
Flakky
wombatrpgs wrote:
Out of curiosity, when was this game released?

Release date(s) PlayStation 3, Xbox 360:

* NA October 6, 2009
* EU November 20, 2009
* AUS December 3, 2009

Microsoft Windows:
October 22, 2009
repairit
misterXY wrote:
just another topic to add Rolling Eyes

the top three games i hate:
WoW = Never stop paying for it, why bother?
Medal of Honor Pacific Coast was way too short
GTA 4


BF2 - Just cant get it to work on windows 7 64bit
Crisis Wars - What a piece of c***
CS (any) - Mostly because of the community, maybe on of the worst.
wombatrpgs
Flakky wrote:
wombatrpgs wrote:
Out of curiosity, when was this game released?

Release date(s) PlayStation 3, Xbox 360:

* NA October 6, 2009
* EU November 20, 2009
* AUS December 3, 2009

Microsoft Windows:
October 22, 2009

Wow, that makes it even less excusable.

And in general, games based on movies are horrible anyway.
milleja46
I agree, all the games i've ever owned based on a movie were horrible, except maybe home on the range, though it still was bad, it wasn't as bad as others.(though only true for handhelds) On the other hand ones i've played for actual game stations are pretty good most of the time
otalp
All the Sims collections, So boring.
wombatrpgs
There are plenty of "boring" games out there, no reason to hate them...
kayque
I don't see why people play World of warcraft, I played it about one week and its start to become soooo boringgg
SMRPGlegends
Here some games that I hate about.

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hour Glass: It was a good game but the controls were stupid. I rather control Toon Link (yes its toon link because the game is based on Wind Waker) by using the D-pad besides damageing the touch screen using stylus.

Mario vs Donkey Kong series: The games were good but they had way too much cartoon sound effects and that would count them as cartoon games (yes I don't really like cartoony games even when it's based on Mario or Zelda).

Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2: Those were real good Wii games but again a little cartoony and also kiddy and also the bosses were way too easy and childish. (except King Fin and Bouldergust from Galaxy 1) the most disapointing thing about them is that the final Bowser Fights were too easy.

Super Mario 64 DS: Cool game but controls were poor and I know you can play it on 3DS where it has the circle pad to move around but you have to hold the Y button down in order to run which that only should make sense in classic Mario type games.

That's pretty much it.

Smile
karatelj
misterXY wrote:
just another topic to add Rolling Eyes

the top three games i hate:
WoW = Never stop paying for it, why bother?
Medal of Honor Pacific Coast was way too short
GTA 4

ninja turtles
Iceaxe0410
There aren't too many games that I hate that I've played, but it depends on the reasons why. Of course the games that have glitches and broken game play would be at the top of my most hated games, but I won't go into that because most players would hate those.

One game that comes to mind was Lunar: Dragon Song for the Nintendo DS. Easily one of the worst games I played. The whole game relies on the main character for any damage. He is vastly overpowered and his companions vastly underpowered. Basically, he will have to solo the during the entire fights because the companions have no abilities to keep up. Not only that, your equipment which you spend so much time saving money to purchase can break at any time. Yes, one fight after purchasing new equipment, it can break and you lose it during a fight. It has happened to me a few times during the playthrough. The ending of the game was crap too. I could easily forget this game ever existed. It's ashame because I expected the Lunar series to have a much better quality of game.
zimmer
Battle City.. damn.. we never won the this game with my brother.. lol but that was a long time ago..

Anybody know the Battle City Game here?
D'Artagnan
DotA,WOW,CoD or basically every game that became a religion, if you don't live for the game you won't have fun
LostOverThere
One thing to note with things like this, is there's often games that at first I hated, which, after coming back to it, I've enjoyed. It's often a case of misplaced expectations or perhaps simply not "getting it". This happened to me with Mass Effect. Never really thought much of it, I just didn't find it fun. I just end up stopping playing it. Recently though, I decided to play through the game from the very beginning. I'm starting to see exactly why everyone loves those games, of course, I still have a lot of issues with it, but the point being I'm actually enjoying it.

So who knows, if you've got a game you hate, maybe give it another go. You may end up liking it.
donoob88
i played a lot of games like racing, shooting, rpg, online games, they are cool, i like them.. the one that i hate was the games that i can't install in my computer, too much requirements, lol, like the high version of NFS, i want it but i hate it too, lol..
_______________________
if you don't want to commit mistake from your mouth, then don't talk Very Happy
wombatrpgs
LostOverThere wrote:
One thing to note with things like this, is there's often games that at first I hated, which, after coming back to it, I've enjoyed. It's often a case of misplaced expectations or perhaps simply not "getting it". This happened to me with Mass Effect. Never really thought much of it, I just didn't find it fun. I just end up stopping playing it. Recently though, I decided to play through the game from the very beginning. I'm starting to see exactly why everyone loves those games, of course, I still have a lot of issues with it, but the point being I'm actually enjoying it.

So who knows, if you've got a game you hate, maybe give it another go. You may end up liking it.

There are also games that are pretty much universally accepted as "bad" though, haha.
misterspawn
I hate tetris and sudoku Laughing
wombatrpgs
misterspawn wrote:
I hate tetris and sudoku Laughing

Sudoku I can understand, that's hardly a game... but you can't get away without explaining your hatred of tetris!
ZeytinGrafik
To learn to hate a game first of all you must set up your amiga emulators and play BARRAVENTO or LUXOR for about 5 minutes. Then lets talk about hate.
Peterssidan
I can't think of any game that I hate. If I don't like a game I stop playing it long before I start hating it.
wombatrpgs
Peterssidan wrote:
I can't think of any game that I hate. If I don't like a game I stop playing it long before I start hating it.

Well, there's plenty of awful games your friends play, right?
Ultrak1ll
I love CS:S but HATE CS 1.6 - makes me feel like stoned, wtf doom1 had same graphics 10 or more years before it.

Also hate CS:GO - 2-3 engine updates, ugly map remixes , WTF VALVe did you fire your best designers!!!

RPG and MORPG or whatever are mainly for kids and looters.
Peterssidan
wombatrpgs wrote:
Peterssidan wrote:
I can't think of any game that I hate. If I don't like a game I stop playing it long before I start hating it.

Well, there's plenty of awful games your friends play, right?

No, not really. Well, I guess I kind of hated the graphics of Zelda Wind Waker but "hate" is such a strong word. I prefer to say "dislike" because I usually don't feel the anger.
Nick2008
Games that are hard to install and maintain. Take for example, Microsoft Flight Simulator X. It's an excellent game with top-notch graphics and airplane models but I can't tell you how many times I've seen glitches and bugs and had crashes from that game. I love it when it works, I absolutely hate it when it doesn't.

I'm also not a big fan of all those virtual life simulators like Sims, Farmville, or all those little city/restaurant management games on the iPhone. I much prefer more authentic strategy games like Sid Meier's Civilization IV. Wink
wombatrpgs
Nick2008 wrote:

I'm also not a big fan of all those virtual life simulators like Sims, Farmville, or all those little city/restaurant management games on the iPhone. I much prefer more authentic strategy games like Sid Meier's Civilization IV. Wink

I guess those games aren't really "strategy" so much as invest/express games, different genres.
codegeek
I have a love/hate relationship with those addictive little flash games you could play for hours. Also, those games where you have to do some repetitive task to gain some points/XP to raise your level. Those can be pretty addictive too. It's not the games that i hate. Just the fact that they coerce me into wasting hours and hours just sitting there doing some pointless task to gain some meaningless achievement and yet feel good about it. Curse you self-control! (or lack thereof!)
wombatrpgs
codegeek wrote:
I have a love/hate relationship with those addictive little flash games you could play for hours. Also, those games where you have to do some repetitive task to gain some points/XP to raise your level. Those can be pretty addictive too. It's not the games that i hate. Just the fact that they coerce me into wasting hours and hours just sitting there doing some pointless task to gain some meaningless achievement and yet feel good about it. Curse you self-control! (or lack thereof!)

Well, if they make you feel good, are they that much of a problem?
limpands
World of warcraft = All the expansions and that you have to pay for it. I just hate it.
Runescape = Lots of p12s and you can't do anything if you pay for it.
All Xbox live games = So expensive, when you can play on the PS3 instead. PS3 ftw.
Most iPhone games = Well their just so boring sometimes.
subhan1
Hate all those games which makes me feel dizzy :S
LostOverThere
limpands wrote:
All Xbox live games = So expensive, when you can play on the PS3 instead. PS3 ftw.

Absolutely no relentless bias here at all. Nope, no sir.
slimviking
kicy wrote:
I hate:
Text-based games
ascii games



Test based ? zork and infocom games ? Smile

a little out of fashion since the 1987 !
wombatrpgs
slimviking wrote:
kicy wrote:
I hate:
Text-based games
ascii games



Test based ? zork and infocom games ? Smile

a little out of fashion since the 1987 !


Hey, text-based games are still relevant today.
Related topics
Which is better Xbox or PC
Which Online-Games you prefer?
Tell Us your Rig!!!
Games Ruining The Minds Of America
What is your favourite sport and least favourite?
Future Xbox 360 games
Adult Content and Violence in Video Games ??
Just Noticed things i love and hate.
HD DVD or Blueray games?
Has video games changed your sex life?
Games Recommended To Play Before You Die!
Card games!
The PS3s true power; Rumour?
Games that are simply not good for kids
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Games

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.