FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Viewing Browser history with Firefox

HalfBloodPrince
Hey, my sister manages a little internet research club, and the computers all have Firefox (latest) installed on them.

Is there any way to view the browsing history of the computers besides the little history tab, from which it can be easily deleted? Any way without external software?

Also, if the browser was configured not to remember visited pages (set to 0), is there still any way to view the browsing up until now without external software? Thanks
emem
I don't think so. You can look for cookies, and then identify them with pages, but if they got deleted, no way.
kerryworkman
You also might be able to figure out where they have been visiting by doing a search for cache on your computer and then look through the results for clues. (i.e. a webpages header or background content/images). It may not give you an exact answer but you would be surprised at the things that you computer caches.
qscomputing
The history is not meant to be a log for checking up on people; it is a tool for the user to use as they see fit, mainly to provide a more convenient way to access commonly-visited sites. If you want to log what people are doing, you basically need a proxy server.