FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do (Can) perfumes actually turn people on?

Guelila
I always wondered if perfumes can actually turn people on.
Im a male, and if perfumes do turn on people (women hopefully), I see no reason why not to use them, so I would definitly go buy a few today Very Happy

For those of you who have watched Ocean's Thirteen... is that actually possible? how that dude (I forget the name) turned on the female secretary due to his perfume?
hmm Confused
Maddo
The thing in Oceans Thirteen is actually possible, it's some kind of a hormone that stimulates your brain to make the happy feeling when you fall in love (The hormones (Forgot the actual name) are Serotonin, Dopamine, and Adrenaline).
The only problem is that it isn't that easy to just put it on yourself and let the females smell. They actually need it in their blood, so it needs to be injected in their blood or let them eat it. (Not sure about the eating part).

As a conclusion, a good smelling perfume isn't that bad, just smell good, look good, and be good. Razz
304esque
I'm not sure if it really 'turns on', but for me, if a guy smells as good as he looks, that's a +10 bonus <3

It gives people something that reminds them of you, and makes you stand out just a little more than those other odorless men. Of course, I don't think men should wear those that smells strong. Not too faint either. Just enough for others to make out that there's something that smells good when they're close to you^^

I think I have an obsession for good smelling things, and I loved the nivea after shave for men cos it reminds me of my dad when he used to work as an air steward.

so yes, for me good smelling men is definitely the way to go <3
doppleganger
well i do not get turned on by that, but yes it makes a difference

coz a nice smelling woman is always better as compared to a regular woman

dats what is my personal opinion, dunno wat abt the rest
brilliantbeauty
they're supposed to have certain scents that can turn somebody on, but this hasn't ever been proven. From wikipedia (I'm too lazy to find a more reliable source at the moment):

Quote:
Some body spray advertisers claim that their products contain human sexual pheromones which act as an aphrodisiac. In the 1970's "copulins" were patented as products which release human pheromones, based on research on rhesus monkeys.[15] Subsequent to that androstenone, axillary sweat, and "vomodors" have been claimed to act as human pheromones. [16] Despite these claims, no pheromonal substance has ever been demonstrated to directly influence human behavior in a peer reviewed study.

But a bit of scent can be good. It gives you something to be remembered by, but it should be SUBTLE. like only if the girl is in that 18 inch personal bubble should she really be able to smell it. It's really disgusting when you can smell overpowering cologne from like four feet away. That, and it's really nice when your sweatshirts smell like you if we ever steal them. Razz And yes, I have heard "My god, he just smells so good" plenty of times. I don't think it be a deciding factor, but there are some brownie points involved.
Drawingguy
As a guy, I would say that an 'offending' woman would be quite unattractive one in my eyes. And definitely, you can associate great smells with people, and thus, think of them in a better fashion, so yeah- if I think that perfume 'works,' then I don't see why females shouldn't think the same.

But as most of the girls I know say, less is more. Don't overdo it, and choose a good brand.