FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Burning Help

sunjay
Hey,

Does anyone know how to burn discs Exactly? I really mean exactly, copying everything from data protection to errors, bits by bits. Better still, bypassing all the copy protection stuff.

SunJay
techcheetah
I use Nero Express...
sunjay
Hey,

Okay, I suppose i should give a Scenario. I wanted to copy a disc called Microsoft Encarta 2000 but it just wont copy. Instead the drive just keeps spinning and stopping and spinning again. i left it there for half an hour and that still happens.

Another example, I wanted to copy the Sims 2 disc 1. When i start copying, messages on Nero comes up saying "unrecoverable error at xx:xx:xx".

Now is there a software out there or a plugin or some kind of patch for nero to copy the disc like those mentioned above?

Thanks for help
SunJay
Simulator
Well this can happen for 2 reasons, its scratched or its protected, you could get something like CD Clone, that breaks through everything
orno
sounds to me more like a hardware problem than sofware problem...
are u able to copy any other discs normally?
Sunny
It sounds like the problem with your disc then the way you are trying to burn.

I got that error once, What I did was cleaned the CD with slightly wet cloth (not many will recommend you that tho lol) and then let it be dry and try again.
Alacarde
Instead of using a wet cloth, use a cloth with some 70% alcohol on it. I wouldn't use anything about that, I've heard that 90% alcohol messes up cds. 70% works great though, I use it for my comp cds, Playstation 2, and XBox cds. Just brush from the hole out, not around in circles or anything like that.
izcool
Take a look at this, I cut it out from a newspaper awhile back and scanned it :

Interesting, ay ?

- Mike.
sunjay
Hey,

Thanks for all the replies! I gave my disc a clean and so on with alcohol but the errors still went on when i tried to copy the Sims 2 disc 1. Same error message keeps popping up. So i left it in the drive to go on for say 15 minutes and when i came back Nero reported that the burning process has completed. I tested out the burnt copy of the disc and it WORKED!!!

by the way, I have a Liton 40x12x48x cd burner.

Thanks all for replying, Cheers!!!
SunJay

p.s izcool, thank you for sharing that nice piece of article with us.
izcool
No problem. One thing that I would like to point out is that the bottom of a CD is plastic, the part that matters the most is the top part. That contains the top cover of the CD along with the data that's under neath that cover. You can smudge up the bottom as much as you want, that's just plastic. Just as long as you don't damage the top part of the CD, you should be fine. Wink

- Mike.
mark
I use Sonic to copy all my files. It just breaks through anything you want. But I dont go to the illegal way!!