FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

drwin.exe or drwin32.exe also known as drwatson p. debugger

misterXY
Hello,
Lately i can't run any program without this crap debugger from hell trying to "debug" & repeats itself to fix itself ?
Does anyone know how to fix this bug without reformatting?
Running on:

Intel Pentium 4 2.80Ghz
1.00 Gigs of DDR Ram
100gig HDD
XP Service Pack 2

Programs i generally run is a patched WLM 9.0 BETA(side note i had this issue prior to installing this beta) , Adobe Photoshop CS2 & Dreamweaver CS3, and my good ol' legit Azureus downloading some illegal files lol. kid kid, not illegal live in Canada Smile
But ya, anyways any solutions to the "solution" ?

FYI i run CCleaner & RegScrupXP
misterXY
honest to God, no one knows? Shocked
Over 24 Hrs and still no one knows? Rolling Eyes
Bubabule
Did you find out how to sort the problem?

I have exactly the same problem, I was down loading a file, noticed that the 'C' prompt flashed and thought that something wasn't right, so i stopped the download immediately and now I have the same problem as stated above.

I have tried to restart in safe mode and also to try a system restore; however, when opening task manager, these applications drwin32.exe etc are using all my virtual memory and i am unable to open anything apart from task manager.

Remember, this is also happening in SAFE MODE.

So does anyone have any ideas on how to solve the problem without re formatting?
misterXY
Bubabule wrote:
Did you find out how to sort the problem?

I have exactly the same problem, I was down loading a file, noticed that the 'C' prompt flashed and thought that something wasn't right, so i stopped the download immediately and now I have the same problem as stated above.

I have tried to restart in safe mode and also to try a system restore; however, when opening task manager, these applications drwin32.exe etc are using all my virtual memory and i am unable to open anything apart from task manager.

Remember, this is also happening in SAFE MODE.

So does anyone have any ideas on how to solve the problem without re formatting?

Nope... Sad
i don't know what programming is causing it too the need of debugging.. i do have alot of personal programs like a ASCII editor and all.. alot of open sources.. but it's always been like this and it really beats me senseless why?

but try " RegScrub XP " if your running XP
and also CCleaner (run cleaner and registry cleaner in it)
could solve youre problem... but i dont know much else... Crying or Very sad
AftershockVibe
You could try running sfc.exe from the run prompt and seeing if any of your system files have been changed to something strange and if so revert them.
misterXY
AftershockVibe wrote:
You could try running sfc.exe from the run prompt and seeing if any of your system files have been changed to something strange and if so revert them.

won't allow me Confused
misterXY
wow it stopped happening. odd though Confused
xbcd
can you add a new user with admin rights? cause if not then u have a virus which has yanked ur admin privledges and is in total control of ur pc. i have PERSONALLY seen 2 cases of this in computers i have fixed.