FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Re work header.

Bathamos
The header at the top of every page is sort of small and blend in with the background. =\
Maybe if it was larger or the text had more space around it?

I don't know. *shrugs*

Being a new user, the header sorta looks like an obnoxious ad and I don't think to look up there for navigation.

Different text or something?

*shrugs*
tidruG
Actually, the header has just been redesigned quite recently!
Bathamos
tidruG wrote:
Actually, the header has just been redesigned quite recently!
Oh!
Well, belated thank you, then? ^^;

It's just so... small. @_@; The [FRIHOST - FORUMS - SEARCH...] part.

I think I have gotten used to it now, it's just that initially it seemed a bit, well... I don't know. ^^:
simplyw00x
It is nice and small but it could really do with being a bit more distinctive, as you say. Perhaps image buttons instead of text? Or even CSS to make boxes around the links.
AftershockVibe
In my opinion, it's not the style that makes it non-obvious, it's the fact that it's above what on most websites is the logo header. Even sites which have horizontal links at the top tend to have them below the main banner/logo/whatever for the site.

Perhaps moving the links to below the summary for your user account (and google search) section would be better, then perhaps put a simple FriHost Link in the centre where the links had been?
tidruG
CSS yes. Images no. That would be my suggestion. Images have generally annoyed me. They can be heavy and take time to load. The CSS is an option. If not boxes, then perhaps some mouse-over effects or something. Bondings is a coder, not quite a web-designer, by his own admission.

But he's quite busy with other stuff, so I'm guessing you're not going to be able to see a changed header for quite some time.
ocalhoun
Perhaps the links could just be moved below the other stuff?
tidruG
Yeah, but the way it is now, the links bar has 100% width, whereas the info area does not. That would have to be fixed and all. Don't think Bondings has the time or the inclination to do tha tnow, really Razz
scotty
I really like it the way it is. When I first saw it I was very impressed! Don't change it! Very Happy
misterXY
scotty wrote:
I really like it the way it is. When I first saw it I was very impressed! Don't change it! Very Happy

Agreed with Scotty!
simplyw00x
Quote:
Agreed with Scotty!

You resurrected a thread 2 months old for that? Wow.